• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So my list of potential buys is likely smaller than the average. Well it helps that I haven't caught the KanColle bug just yet.

figs.png

And I'm not even certain I need all that. MM Link nendo depends on the parts to see how much it differs from WW Link (how funny it's the two Zelda with the initials that are flipped) and scale Link depends on price. Also I wonder what happened to the ALBW Figma.

She's a farm girl.. with horns...?
Cow girl:
3jwCzpM.png

Tidd

Must Buy, like DAY -1 tier:

Nisekoi - Kirisaki Chitoge - 1/8 (Alter)

I really like Chitoge but this figure is something else. It really matches her character and the colors are so beautiful. You did it Alter. Now don't screw it up with a ridiculous price.

Mankanshoku Mako - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)

We all agree that this is the best uniform :D and a Nendoroid? HELL YES! Can't wait for a scale of her! Someone do it!

Persona 4: Dancing All Night - Kujikawa Rise - 1/8 (Phat Company)

RISE IN HER P4D OUTFIT!!!

Yeah, I will buy this, too tier:

The Idolmaster (TV Animation) - Kikuchi Makoto - 1/8 (Phat Company)
No Game No Life - Shiro - 1/7 (Phat Company)
Bakemonogatari - Kizumonogatari - Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade - 1/8 (Good Smile Company)
Hoshi no Kirby - Kirby - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
To LOVEru Darkness - Sairenji Haruna - 1/7 (Max Factory)
To LOVEru Darkness - Kotegawa Yui (Alter)
To LOVEru Darkness - Konjiki no Yami - 1/8 - Yukata ver. (FREEing)
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Miyazono Kaori (Aniplex)
Persona 4: Dancing All Night - Kujikawa Rise (SEGA)

Need to see the actual figure tier:

Fire Emblem: Marth - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
Fire Emblem: Sheeda - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
Zelda no Densetsu: Majora no Kamen - Link - Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
Monogatari Series: Second Season - Sengoku Nadeko - Medusa Ver. (Good Smile Company)
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis - Amira - Devil ver. (Good Smile Company)
Shingeki no Bahamut - Little Princess Vania (Kotobukiya)
Monogatari Series: Second Season - Oshino Shinobu - 1/8 (Kotobukiya)
Monogatari Series: Second Season - Oshino Ougi - 1/8 (Kotobukiya)
Persona 3 the Movie: #2 Midsummer Knight's Dream - Aegis - 1/8 - Yukata ver. (FREEing)
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - Yoko Littner - 1/4 - Bunny Ver. (FREEing)
High School DxD BorN - Xenovia - 1/7 (Kaitendoh)

Need to see painted tier:

Persona 4: the Golden Animation - Amagi Yukiko - Gekkoukan School Uniform ver. (SEGA)
Dangan Ronpa: The Animation - Kirigiri Kyouko - Monokuma (Flare)

Guys, what did I do? Before I knew that I'm interested in too much figures but when you look at a list it's really frightening. I should quit this hobby
I know you can't escape this hell heaven

NotLiquid

Guys, what did I do? Before I knew that I'm interested in too much figures but when you look at a list it's really frightening. I should quit this hobby
I know you can't escape this hell heaven

You're here forever.

Something will always bring you back into the fold.

For me it's plump mascots with twin tails.

Einbroch

Banned
Overall, sort of a "meh" WonFes for me. We saw a lot of great scales and some interesting figmas, but overall the Nendoroid selection kinda let me down. Not that it's a bad showing, but there wasn't that "HOLY SHIT YESSSSS" reveal for me. Except maybe Len, but my cynicism took hold of me so when he was revealed it was more of a "whew".

Now, let's get to the list.

DEFINITE PURCHASES, DUN CURR

Nendoroids

Rakuen Tsuihou: Expelled From Paradise - Angela Balzac
Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu~ - Marth
Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu~ - Sheeda
The Rolling Girls - Moritomo Nozomi
Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Hoppou Seiki
Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Yamato
Kirby
Date A Live - Itsuka Kotori

Scales

Vocaloid - Kagamine Len - 1/7 - Tony ver.

MAYBE, DEPENDS ON ACCESSORIES/HOW THEY LOOK

Nendoroids

Zelda no Densetsu: Majora no Kamen - Link

Still excited, don't get me wrong! Lots of good stuff comin'.

Caineghis

Neo Member
I finally caught up with the thread, my wallet was already crying by the second page of the wonfest xD.

My wishilist for now is:

993499_1047147461967833_7144687587977644855_n.jpg

ug8hM5w.jpg

B9SJwv8CMAE_fY1.jpg

1423363506671.jpg

209602.jpg

B9SAOszCIAAtSy_.jpg

Tentative wish list:

The Kongou bust is a silly item but that hair is pretty unf so who knows, if it still looks nice with paint I might not be able to resist. Saber Royal Dress Ver. not included because shops are already listing her.

WTF list:

Native didn't paint that Mebae illu they finally sculpted last year.
OS didn't paint their Dark Elf or Shadow Wing, which were sculpted ages ago.

Not uncommon behaviour for either company but still, lame.

It occurs to me that RAH figures might be unusable in terms of scale reference now that I look at it. They seem to default to 300mm for the majority of characters while still claiming they're 1/6. Link's height remains a mystery.

what kinda cost do those 1/6th figures come in at?

RAH prices vary pretty wildly depending on the character. Link was around 15k after discount, Band of the Hawk Guts was around 20 and the currently listed Dark Knight ver is around 27.

jeffers

It occurs to me that RAH figures might be unusable in terms of scale reference now that I look at it. They seem to default to 300mm for the majority of characters while still claiming they're 1/6. Link's height remains a mystery.

RAH prices vary pretty wildly depending on the character. Link was around 15k after discount, Band of the Hawk Guts was around 20 and the currently listed Dark Knight ver is around 27.

lemme just pencil in 'broke' in my calendar.

Yeah, I have a question. (Madoka spoilers)

I haven't seen the series, but I've found out a few spoilers from it. Does no one else feel disturbed about how the Madoka figures present the girls as cutesy and occasionaly risque (like this one in particular) in contrast how gruesome and brutal her death is?

I don't like the heads when they give them normal bodies. However, I was looking into getting the Mami Nendo until I saw some accesories and this picture.

Fuck them for this. They aren't getting my money.

well maybe... eventually.

My son has both the Ash and Link RAH figures. Ash is noticeably shorter standing at about 9.5 inches.

Whatever is Link's height divided by 7.

Depends how tall the character is :p RAH Link is 11.7in at 1/6 though, so a little over 10in for 1/7.

Link is a statue though right? Or are they planning to add articulation to that prototype? If it's a statue, the position he's in will greatly reduce how tall the piece is. It's nice though. I was just telling my son he had three of the best Link figures out there, (Nendo, RAH, Figma) and now they went and produced another Nendo and that Statue. He's running out of space in his detolf.

I can't get over how much I like Figma Akagi.
You see the artwork and im like wow I want that figure, you see the anime and im like I need a figure.
But to get her in hand... just an awesome design and figure also with great accessories.

(that full mouth face is so good)

SoldnerKei

checking MFC recent uploads for GSC Erza... saw a Lucy's figure thumbnail... another swimsuit? *open link* yeah another swimsuit :T

this caughtt my attention too, but their poses look kind of boring, hopefully they come with accesories or something

lemme just pencil in 'broke' in my calendar.

Haha indeed. You're almost in Hot Toys territory with those.

My son has both the Ash and Link RAH figures. Ash is noticeably shorter standing at about 9.5 inches.

Yeah, they're certainly not all the same. The only one I own is EVA-01 which I think is 39cm and Ryuuko is 27, for example. Way too many are 30cm for it to be believable though, at least according to MFC.

Link is a statue though right? Or are they planning to add articulation to that prototype? If it's a statue, the position he's in will greatly reduce how tall the piece is. It's nice though. I was just telling my son he had three of the best Link figures out there, (Nendo, RAH, Figma) and now they went and produced another Nendo and that Statue. He's running out of space in his detolf.

No, you're right. He's static and not standing straight, so until there's an official measurement it's guesswork to some extent.

To your son's issue, the answer is of course more detolfs :p
Until you have 4 and a Billy like me :D

Tentative wish list:

The Kongou bust is a silly item but that hair is pretty unf so who knows, if it still looks nice with paint I might not be able to resist. Saber Royal Dress Ver. not included because shops are already listing her.

WTF list:

Native didn't paint that Mebae illu they finally sculpted last year.
OS didn't paint their Dark Elf or Shadow Wing, which were sculpted ages ago.

Not uncommon behaviour for either company but still, lame.
What are the first two on the left from the bottom row?

omlet

Well, just woke up... looks like a few more neat things showed up while I was asleep. Need to eat something but I will probably make a picture-based wishlist here today too. After I find something to eat...

...but first...
Yeah, I have a question. (Madoka spoilers)

I haven't seen the series, but I've found out a few spoilers from it. Does no one else feel disturbed about how the Madoka figures present the girls as cutesy and occasionaly risque (like this one in particular) in contrast how gruesome and brutal her death is?

The figures are just being true to the spirit of the show, generally. That contrast works very well in the way the story is presented. Honestly, as someone mentioned, this really is a big part of the appeal. It is disturbing--in a good way. :D You should really check out the show, btw. It's great.

That said, Mami in a towel is still a terrible and boring figure and I wish Aniplex was spending their efforts on something more interesting.

Haha indeed. You're almost in Hot Toys territory with those.

Yeah, they're certainly not all the same. The only one I own is EVA-01 which I think is 39cm and Ryuuko is 27, for example. Way too many are 30cm for it to be believable though, at least according to MFC.

No, you're right. He's static and not standing straight, so until there's an official measurement it's guesswork to some extent.

To your son's issue, the answer is of course more detolfs :p
Until you have 4 and a Billy like me :D

Yeah a second Detolf is around the corner for sure. There'd be more room in the first, but he likes to display the boxes along side of the figures sometimes.

Settin

OK FigureGAF. I've filled my shelves now that Lady Satsuki came. I need something like a detolf but horizontal.

Edit: also 14" between shelves. My 1/5 Sonico is a pain

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Back from the dead...

Pretty cool reveals at Wonder Festival. I'll have to absorb some more before making up my mind on what to buy.

But of course, I'll get ALL KanColle Nendos & figFIXes. Fire Emblem & MM Link Nendos as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom