• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one told me DiaLover was getting figures, not my favorite characters but hopefully they do Ayato. Shuu and Kanato have prototypes pictured I think.
B9TVsRfCMAAvjwc.jpg:large

Gravidee

Nice to see that Alter is doing a Gwendolyn reissue. But are they going to improve on the support between the foot and stand? I've heard stories where the peg snapped because it was too brittle.

Giolon

Such a boring pose though.
I'm ok with it.

Nice to see that Alter is doing a Gwendolyn reissue. But are they going to improve on the support between the foot and stand? I've heard stories where the peg snapped because it was too brittle.
I doubt it. Mine's been fine though. It's not a particularly fragile pair of foot pegs, but I do get that it's a very small point of contact for the figure to be balanced on.

omlet

so how do reissues work? I need that gwendolyn.

will it be available for (pre?)order somewhere very soon, or whenever they feel like?

that one and the momohime are the 2 that came out well before I got into figure collecting, and I love the games, and I hate that I dont own them. getting 1/2 for a decent price wont be so bad.

Since the sculpt and paint job have been finalized on these, reissues like this usually don't take a very long time to go back on sale compared to new figure announcements. Just a matter of getting logistics worked out on their end; no need to wait for months of sculpting/painting and QC fine tuning.

taoofjord

Set up some figures against the side of a black wine cooler. I'm surprised at how easy it is to take nice shots when you have a black background, although I made them all a touch too dark and went overboard with the contrast. These were taken on my iPhone.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Set up some figures in front of the side of a black wine cooler. I'm surprised at how easy it is to take nice shots when you have a black background, although I made them all a tough too dark and went overboard with the contrast. These were taken on my iPhone.
Photos looks great, but you don't have dandy's head all the way down, and it's making him look turkey necked...

johnsmith

remember me
Overall damage for me wasn't too bad. New announcements I'll be getting

Max Factory - Sorceress
Phat Company - Rise Dancing All night ver
Alter - Mercedes rerelease
Alter - Gwendolyn rerelease

george_us

Except the Samurai recolor sold out on preorders. Psychic is a bomba because it's trashy.
Eh that's never been a roadblock for other figures. I thought she'd sell out faster because of the lewd factor.

I'd love to see both Trickster classes get figures as well as the male Destroyer.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40278034/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20119418/
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80134048/

I had purchased 6 of the glass doors, 2 of the cabinets and 2 of the light strip packs. The cabinets are screwed together (screws included) and the shelves are fully adjustable. A word of advice: The doors are very heavy, make sure to have the cabinet(s) secured to the wall before you install the doors or you're going to have a bad time.

Thanks.

Ryuuroden

Overall damage for me wasn't too bad. New announcements I'll be getting

Max Factory - Sorceress
Phat Company - Rise Dancing All night ver
Alter - Mercedes rerelease
Alter - Gwendolyn rerelease

So you've decided on the MF one then? Not going to wait? Good choice IMO

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Second one is definitely Fate, specifically from Nanoha StrikerS
No idea about the first.

Edit: Much too slow!

The second one is Fate (from Nanoha, yes). I don't know the first character but here are the MFC entries.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/287863
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/287853

Thanks guys/gals.

I guess I will pick Fate and Vita up to match my Free'ing Nanoha. But do I really need 3 Fate-chan?

The first one is from a horrible series, so I guess I am safe =O

johnsmith

remember me
So you've decided on the MF one then? Not going to wait? Good choice IMO

I already have the Megahouse one too. I have no problem buying multiple figures of the same character, but the Max Factory one helps in that she's in a unique pose, and I'm sure the quality will be top notch.

RMI

Banned
Having had some time to look at the new stuff, things I will probably be getting are:

• Dragon's Crown Sorceress - I've hated the other ones but this one looks like it could be a winner.
  • Mercedes rerelease - woah boy, I am sure glad I didn't buy this pre-owned on amiami back when I was in a frenzy of buying figs based on Vanillaware games
  • Yukari Takeba - Best girl.
  • Cordelia - I'd buy any of the ladies from FE:A.
  • Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade - You can never have enough shinobu.
  • Rin Kagamine Tony Ver. - This probably won't be out for forever but when it comes out I will buy it.
  • Figma Tsugumori - Robots are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom