• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says the guy who jumped onto the Kancolle boat like it was nothing.

w59tnJW.gif

How long does EMS usually take from Amiami? My Samurai shipped out last weekend and this is the first figure that I've shipped EMS. They forced it on me. SAL seems to take about 2 weeks to get to me. I'm in SoCal.

Acid08

Banned
How long does EMS usually take from Amiami? My Samurai shipped out last weekend and this is the first figure that I've shipped EMS. They forced it on me. SAL seems to take about 2 weeks to get to me. I'm in SoCal.

I've gotten EMS stuff within 5-7 days on average. I'm up near SF though, my packages always go through customs there so it only takes a day or so after they clear to get to me.

I have something coming but I'm expecting the weekend to delay it a bit. Hoping it gets here Tuesday.

Giolon

lol I know. There are a whole bunch of Alien and Predator pieces I want with stratospheric pricing.

Another closeup. I don't know where I'm going to put her.

NYcn3ah.jpg

I really regret not buying this figure back when she was released. I didn't b/c I thought $280 or whatever was a ridiculous price to pay for a figure/statue (especially when I'm not particularly satisfied with the way they shaped and positioned her lekku (headtails)). I still think that. And yet, her current price...

I now assuage my regret by reminding myself she's no longer canonical! :p

Nice pickups! I have Chariot (and all other BRS TV Animation ver. Nendos)

Cool!

I have all the OVA nendos sans BRS/Insane BRS herself. Chariot will be my first TV nendo.

From the pictures I'm kinda on the fence with regards to the brighter colors on most of the TV nendos, so for now I only plan to own Chariot and Strength from that line.

I may end up getting TV BRS and TV Black Gold Saw later down the line, but I'm not a fan of TV Dead Master. Just looks too gaudy compared to the original design IMO, with the wedding veil and neon green colors.

Usually, between 4-6 days maybe? Sometimes less, depending.

I've gotten EMS stuff within 5-7 days on average. I'm up near SF though, my packages always go through customs there so it only takes a day or so after they clear to get to me.

I have something coming but I'm expecting the weekend to delay it a bit. Hoping it gets here Tuesday.

Thanks. I have processed through sort facility in Tokyo on 02/15 so I'll expect it early next week.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I have 0 experience with Vampi. Comics or otherwise, but that Sideshow piece looks damn tempting. I kinda want my first SS statue to be a character I'm a really big fan of, though.

I figured it was a lot. I just wanted a ballpark figure. I don't need to know what he paid down to the decimal point.

Just to try and give some context to why anyone would like Vampirella as anything more then a half naked vampire chick. I grew up on my dads collection of comic books, he had hundreds of copies of the giant black and white Marvel and Warren magazines, I didn't get into comics proper until the Crisis on Infinite earths stuff first happened, and even then didn't start "collecting" until Joker killed Robin. Because of my dads comics my brother loves Conan, and I love Vampirella though neither one of us keep up with the modern day versions of said characters.

My first SS statue was Hellboy, another character I love to death so yeah waiting for one you feel you can't pass on is the best, because what ever it is will open's up the floodgates to something else you now collect.

The first thing I typed when I saw enigmatikone picked up Darth Talon was "holy fucking shit you crazy mother fucker, please tell me you got a great deal", but I thought that was a bit much, next time I'll just post it...

That Vampi EX is a great piece. I like the comiquette, too. There's a shop in town that has the PF. Dunno about the price. I've got the new one preordered.

I totally understand about want vs need. I had just started collecting when Darth Talon was released. At that time I was more into Kotobukiya bishoujos.

I did try several times to get Talon on ebay, but was always sniped. I really didn't know how things worked, either. I thought that it was just a matter of time until someone threw one up on the 'bay at a reasonable price (close to what she originally retailed for).

Then the piece was shown on Big Bang Theory and the price just skyrocketed after that. It didn't make sense to spend that much, when I could get four SSC PFs for that price and handn't even a single PF collected at the time. Now I'm fleshing out a budding collection so it makes more sense.

I guess I need to pick up Asajj Ventress now....

I almost bought a Vampirella on ebay over the weekend, from a guy in the US, she was gonna cost me £540/$830 (the figure was close to $400, shipping and custom fees double the price) but I let her go. I can find the reg for like £300-£330 but I want that extra head. One day I'll give up on the ex and just buy the reg, or I'll find a euro person wanting rid of her.

Glad you got Talon, after having to live through the price hike, it looks like you got a great piece. I never knew it was a tv show that caused her to shoot through the roof, I mean yeah she looks awesome as fuck, but so do a lot of other statues that don't reach that price point after a few years.

Good luck on Asajj Ventress, she seems harder to come by...

I really regret not buying this figure back when she was released. I didn't b/c I thought $280 or whatever was a ridiculous price to pay for a figure/statue (especially when I'm not particularly satisfied with the way they shaped and positioned her lekku (headtails)). I still think that. And yet, her current price...

I now assuage my regret by reminding myself she's no longer canonical! :p

I love the sweep of her lekku. I think her pose perfectly captures a haughty demeanor that radiates both magnetism and menace. In contrast, the lekku of the Gentle Giant piece, while more accurate in terms of the Twi'lek portrayed in the films, hang like limp appendages and detract from an otherwise outstanding presentation.

After the utter trainwreck that were the prequel films, I don't give a rat's ass about what passes for canon. I'll happily cherry pick what I like from the franchise, which would be the first three films, some EU stuff, and the Bioware games. Let's face it, Talon is basically fanservice, but she's also a really great sculpt.

The first thing I typed when I saw enigmatikone picked up Darth Talon was "holy fucking shit you crazy mother fucker, please tell me you got a great deal", but I thought that was a bit much, next time I'll just post it...

Please do. That was pretty much what was going through my mind as I was buying her.

Wanderer5

So how many FigureGAF folks have gotten infected with the Amiib-virus?

No Amiibos shall ever enter into my lair.

I have Fox, but cause it like the only good figure of him (as if there many figures of him anyway), and wanted at least one amiibo to test out for the games.:p Might collect Marth and maybe Rosalina would be nice, but otherwise I pretty much lost interests in amiibos and don't want to deal with the fiasco regarding them much.

The Amiibo thread has scared me off from even considering it.

Not the posters, they're good people. It's the PTSD inducing bullshit played by Nintendo and retailers.

It's abit annoying too. I love Nintendo, and spend a lot of time with both my 3DS and Wii U, and I really want to utilize Amiibo features in some of the games I play, but the barrier to entry is too stressful to consider...

But do I want them as figures/collectibles? No, they're too poor quality. I just want the in-game benefits.

Meyneth

I only have Marth and Ike. I managed to grab a Megaman last week(?) but Shulk is still elusive. After them I'll have to grab Robin, Lucina, and Ness.
We'll have to see where they go after that. :/

This year seems to be lining up as the Year of Nendo for me though

I only got Ike and Shulk.

Dunno, I'm not giving much effort on this. If I chance upon ordering them, that's cool.

I given up on getting Little Mac or Pit and I only really want to get Robin.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
I have all the OVA nendos sans BRS/Insane BRS herself. Chariot will be my first TV nendo.

Actually, Insane BRS is TV, not OVA. I didn't go for the OVA Nendos only b/c it seems a bit too redundant for display but I do have their Figmas. And...heh, I may go after the other TV Figmas now that I got Chariot. The Insane BRS Figma, a DVD/BD boxset exclusive, won't be easy to get alone or cheap. >_<

Actually, Insane BRS is TV, not OVA. I didn't go for the OVA Nendos only b/c it seems a bit too redundant for display but I do have their Figmas. And...heh, I may go after the other TV Figmas now that I got Chariot. The Insane BRS Figma, a DVD/BD boxset exclusive, won't be easy to get alone or cheap. >_<

Whoops! I should have known better, I don't recall her going Insane in the actual OVA either...

I'm not much of a Figma fan, but I really like the look of Chariot's Figma. Wish her hair was more like the nendo's color-wise though.

For now my figure purchases have been Nendoroid-only (not counting the Chibi-Maru egg ships), so I don't have a conflict of interest for character purchases yet. :D

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

For me just Metriod and Fire Emblem, my wife got Link and we got our 3 year old Sonic. To me they just piddly little nick nacks I buy while waiting for the awesome shit to arrive in the mail. To others these are the awesome things arriving in the mail.

Anyway I spent my night drawing some mock ups of figures I want to buy, one based on an old Shunya Yamashita drawing and the other a generic Nendo design:

What ain't been made that you want made?

No Amiibos for me. If I ever ran into a Rosalina in a store, which I won't, I would buy her. I've thought about getting peach but for $13 I could get a cool prize figure of something else.

My original plan was to get only Samus and ZSS. But then Codename STEAM annouced that you could get FE characters in the game if you had their amiibos, so I added them to the list.

I also wanted to do a 4-way match with Mario, Mega Man, Pac Man and Sonic, so I got their amiibos too.

In the end I started to buy every rare character that I could find, for no reason at all (Shulk, Meta Knight, Rosalina, etc).

I am proud to resist the Kancolle virus, though. The only problem that stops me from ever buying nendos is that they usually get the characters that wouldn't get another kind of figures, like Marth.

kewlmyc

I buy amiibos of the characters I main in smash. So I have 5 so far (Toon Link, Villager, Pit, Bowser, Lucario). Waiting for Dark Pit Amiibo and then I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom