• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well she better than Lightning at least.

Waiting for X2/Y2 where she comes and kicks Dianthia out of the League.

Both are terrible IMO. The first time she appeared she was cool, unlike Lightning, but then she became overused. The last champions have been terrible, though. Diantha is so meh I was bored to tears, and that little girl in B2/W2 was nothing compared to the old man.

I miss you, Lance, you and your godlike theme.

spiritfox

I have no idea who you're talking about, yet I think I can agree with that part. That's Lightning for you :)

299px-Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia.png

Only the best champion since Blue.

taoofjord

Can someone tell me what to expect if one of my packages goes through customs? How much is the fee? Do items get damaged/figure boxes opened? How long might it delay the package?

Another day, another new nendo in the mail. Santa needs to step his game up if he intends to compete with the post office!

Today, I received a long sought after nendo; Kuroki Tomoko. Right off the bat I was impressed with the number of extra little doo-dads she came with. In general more hands and arms than most nendos I own, plus a few extra goodies.

Tomoko is from the anime 'Watamote'. It's a short comedy series about Tomoko, an unpopular and awkward otaku, dealing with her social anxiety issues. It draws it's main appeal from cringe humor as she keeps getting herself into increasingly awkard situations as she tries to find a way to fit in, and gets caught the in lies she tells her friends and family.

I've dealt with severe social anxiety disorder (diagnosed by several psychiatrists) my whole life. One of my earliest memories is of being about 4, and having a near mental breakdown when my mother insisted I go outside and meet the neighbors. What would follow is a very frustrating life dealing with constant anxiety attacks that disrupt my school and home life. One of the most frustrating parts of social anxiety disorder though, is that people who don't have it absolutely cannot comprehend what it's like. Most people can't grasp the concept of life-in-danger levels of terror over going to the grocery store.

This left me feeling very alone at times because no one believed me when I tried to talk about how difficult it was to cope with. Ultimately I would find online support forums that were life changing. Listening to others share their experiences that were so similar to mine was one of the most therapeutic things that's ever happened to me.

That's why Watamote clicked with me as well. Much of what affects Tomoko in the series fits me so perfectly it hurts. It's one of the most uplifting things ever, after having such a frustrating past, to be vindicated. To know that I'm not crazy, and that this is a real thing that affects lots of people the exact same way, is such a comforting thing.

For being such good sports and putting up with my sob story, I'll include a bonus. Making use of one of the best nendo faces ever made.

Can someone explain what to expect if one of my packages has to go through customs? How much is the fee? Do items get damaged/figure boxes opened?

Well, this is a country-specific question, so to better answer your question try to find somebody that lives in the same country as you do. My example is a bad one since my country has a raging hardon for taxes, so if my packages get taxed (99% of the time) I need to pay another 60% on top of what I paid + regional tax. The amount is based on the whole payment, so shipping + package.

In the more developed countries I think things are a bit less extreme.

Another day, another new nendo in the mail. Santa needs to step his game up if he intends to compete with the post office!

I have 7 things in the mail right now, Santa got nothing on AmiAmi + Mandarake.

Zerojul

Can someone tell me what to expect if one of my packages has to go through customs? How much is the fee? Do items get damaged/figure boxes opened? How long might it delay the package?

Your figures and their boxes should (must ?) stay intact and untouched I think, but how much the fee will be and how long they might keep the package depends on the country.
In France it's 20% VAT + fixed custom fees (10€-ish) + various extra custom taxes depending on the type of good you import (around 5% for figures) for example.

taoofjord

What country first of all.

Good point, sorry all! I'm in the U.S.

Well, this is a country-specific question, so to better answer your question try to find somebody that lives in the same country as you do. My example is a bad one since my country has a raging hardon for taxes, so if my packages get taxed (99% of the time) I need to pay another 60% on top of what I paid + regional tax. The amount is based on the whole payment, so shipping + package.

My god, that sounds terrifying and extremely unfair.

Zerojul

My example is a bad one since my country has a raging hardon for taxes, so if my packages get taxed (99% of the time) I need to pay another 60% on top of what I paid + regional tax. The amount is based on the whole payment, so shipping + package.

This is madness. I won't complain about French customs again, ever. Well not really but damn O_O

Amazon Japan again?...Yep well at least I've already got everything set up for BiJ proxy.
Have it happen with an EMS delivery on a big ticket item and that feeling gets amped over 9000. I still can't believe my RAH Ryuko did this, and I didn't even (or know that you could) ask Mandarake to mark the value down.
One of the great feeling is not paying customs ;D

Have it happen with an EMS delivery on a big ticket item and that feeling gets amped over 9000. I still can't believe my RAH Ryuko did this, and I didn't even (or know that you could) ask Mandarake to mark the value down.

Haha, I know. I have a friend who regularly bought huge gunplas and big figures, and in the old times he managed to get it all without taxes. Now it is harder though.

This is madness. I won't complain about French customs again, ever. Well not really but damn O_O

That's why I'm leaving this place ASAP, my goal for the next 4-5 years is to get out of here.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
That crazy face on Link is awesome, not awesome enough for me to buy them just for that look, but that's a keeper if I ever saw one...

I have 7 things in the mail right now, Santa got nothing on AmiAmi + Mandarake.

Every time I feel bad about leaving America and moving to Scotland when it comes to dealing with UK import fees, I think of you and thank the stars I didn't fall in love with a girl from Brazil and move there instead.

Ryuuroden

Damn it, exclusive again?

But wait! They might make them available in the Pokémon Store US-side, but then...I'll still be unable to get them since they won't ship to Canada.

:/

Omlet and I will pick them up for Canadians if it gets a us release. At least I will do it.

Every time I feel bad about leaving America and moving to Scotland when it comes to dealing with UK import fees, I think of you and thank the stars I didn't fall in love with a girl from Brazil and move there instead.

Lucky man, I wouldn't mind finding a canadian woman.

Moving here without being rich is a mistake, IMO. IIRC (I'm not 100% on this so take it with a huge truckload of salt) the taxes on the very top class here are not as bad as in other places. If you're rich, and by that I mean really rich, then things are mostly easy.

Money and power here are abused more than in other places, like the USA. For an example, you usually see hollywood actors/actresses being held up in jail for DUI, here this happens very, very rarely.

------

Enough with the sad tales, though. I don't want to drag the thread down. This should be a happy place \o/

NotLiquid

Instinctively go to AmiAmi when I hear something about a Cynthia nendo (even though it'd most likely not be available yet or even be there)

Find new Pochaco figure on order with a Wall Scroll

Another day, another play

I know.
I still haven't even caught a Shulk yet, so I've got to juggle 4 of them now. Staying up until 5am is getting tiring.

:(

I managed to get almost all of wave 3, but it took me ages. Rosalina was the worst one.

Wave 1 and wave 2 though, I got nothing, only "Marf" and Falcon of the rares (I don't know if Falcon is rare though).

My Shulk from Amazon JP is on the way. Even using Tenso the overall price is still cheaper than what it would cost to order him here in the UK (if you even could anymore)

Meyneth

I managed to get almost all of wave 3, but it took me ages. Rosalina was the worst one.

Wave 1 and wave 2 though, I got nothing, only "Marf" and Falcon of the rares (I don't know if Falcon is rare though).
I think my previous amiibo experiences biased me. I bought Marth, Little Mack, Link, and Ike all on a whim in the middle of the afternoon. None if this constant struggle happened.
Hopefully Shulk gets a restock and I can catch him. Then I can just concentrate on the new guys.

I also still need to get a Wo-Class. :(

I think my previous amiibo experiences biased me. I bought Marth, Little Mack, Link, and Ike all on a whim in the middle of the afternoon. None if this constant struggle happened.
Hopefully Shulk gets a restock and I can catch him. Then I can just concentrate on the new guys.

I also still need to get a Wo-Class. :(

I never cared about Wave 1 or 2, to be honest, otherwise I would've tried harder, like I did with Rosa. I got Shulk on impulse, never played Xenoblade and I'm not fond of the character, but I heard he was rare, pre-order button was orange on amiami so I did it. Now I'm glad.

Nendoroid Co-de: Dress Coordination Examples!
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I remember once in my youth I decided my dress-up doll needed her hair cleaned, and preformed a full shampoo and rinse! I even made sure to dry with a hair dryer! Perhaps at the time I was aspiring to be a hairdresser….

Anyway, today I’m going to continue my look at…
Nendoroid Co-de: Laala Manaka – Twinkle Ribbon Cyalume Co-de &
Nendoroid Co-de: Laala Manaka – Cutie Ribbon Co-de
o0515039513223068775.jpg

==================================
Preview: MAFEX No.005 MAFEX THE JOKER [MEDICOM TOY]
Hey there, Shizu Always-Root-For-the-Villain Mecha here. As a lover all bad dudes I've reviewed more than my fair share of villains for AmiAmi Blog. None, however, can quite match the vile, nasty, absolutely no-redeeming-quality charisma of today's figure....

MAFEX No.005 MAFEX THE JOKER [MEDICOM TOY]

It's not very often that I open a review with the package but here it's half the fun. In true Joker fashion he decided to hijack MAFEX Batman's package rather than get one of his own.

Note: I rewatched my DVD to prep myself for the review. No offense to the Joker but hot dang Commissioner Gordon is my kind of man!
Haha:
Note: I rewatched my DVD to prep myself for the review. No offense to the Joker but hot dang Commissioner Gordon is my kind of man!
And lol:
Onii-chan, Ittekimasu!

Who would have thought that imoutos are more popular outside of Japan? The Nadenade Mezamashi alarm clock app gets 140% more traffic from foreign IPs so the developers are sending her to study abroad and learn English with the help of user donations. Send 3000 yen to their Campfire crowdfunding page and as thanks they'll send you a custom message where your imouto calls you by your name! If that doesn't get you up in the morning, nothing will.

Official homepage: http://soft-touch.me/kanon/
Campfire project page: http://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/1501

Meyneth

I never cared about Wave 1 or 2, to be honest, otherwise I would've tried harder, like I did with Rosa. I got Shulk on impulse, never played Xenoblade and I'm not fond of the character, but I heard he was rare, pre-order button was orange on amiami so I did it. Now I'm glad.
I'm fully contemplating just buying a $40-50 one off of amazon and getting it over with. :(
I probably won't though, that retail price is too good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom