• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

tumblr_njmpidgabs1spap7ux6.gif

Also, hng. This ship girl is adorable.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Take a look at my collection on MFC and try to guess what's likely to go up for sale (pro-tip: RAH Ryuko like nope nope nope)
Well these struck me as odd, so let us help you relocate them to a safer locations across the globe. You don't need to look at the links, just sign these papers now.....

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/227042
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198348
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/192445
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/227037
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/3094

OCg8r2E.gif

I feel like I am being teased now!
yq67rt9.gif

Agreed, I have no space left already to be honest, and my collection is growing at an alarming rate.

Yeah, I had to give my cherry picked Disney Infinity collection to my son because I had no place to put them in the rest of the house. He loves them, but at the end of the first day the paint rubs were hard to get over.

Speaking of nendos... I just ordered this
for those great faceplates

This is a disease.
I thought you were done for the month, your gonna need a bigger spreadsheet!

Well these struck me as odd, so let us help you relocate them to a safer locations across the globe. You don't need to look at the links, just sign these papers now.....

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/227042
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198348
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/192445
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/227037
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/3094

4 out of 5 in that list have yet to be unboxed. Typing that was a painful admission.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Not buying any of 'em Amiibos despite being an avid Nintendo gamer since the NES days. They do look great as a walled display of carded figures, though. Just too much of a moneysink for one with too many collecting interests.

I do think the big N will keep producing older Amiibos so not to deprive latecomers of any for future games. They are just...slow.

Zerojul

Guys the thirst for Nendos is growing and I kinda really want to preorder senbonzakura Miku. But I already have preordered Snow Miku ! This is a very dangerous situation.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've seen this site before but I'm not really sure how to use it I guess

It's a database of pretty much every announced and released figure since 2007 (?) or so. If you want to look up info on a specific figure, you search there. Create an account and "follow" figures if you want to be advised of any updates going forward. It's dependent on user input, but the members are very on top of things. Things will usually get posted immediately. Otherwise, you can just search for a particular series or character and browse the results.

If you're just looking for day by day updates on figures, then you can use sites like www.tomopop.com and www.plastikitty.com. Myfigurecollection.net is just an invaluable resource for figures, though.

Not buying any of 'em Amiibos despite being an avid Nintendo gamer since the NES days. They do look great as a walled display of carded figures, though. Just too much of a moneysink for one with too many collecting interests.

I do think the big N will keep producing older Amiibos so not to deprive latecomers of any for future games. They are just...slow.

The thing is, if they follow the Skylanders and Disney Infinity model, they'll eventually phase out old versions, especially since they confirmed that any Mario Amiibos will provide the same functionality across games. I could definitely see additional runs of certain ones down the line, like Marth for Project S.T.E.A.M., but I do think others will just disappear.

Also, I have some concerns about third party Amiibos. The contract deal that Nintendo has with Capcom, Namco, and Sega can't last forever. They won't be able to produce those Amiibos indefinitely.

omlet

I've seen this site before but I'm not really sure how to use it I guess
Guardian already answered with plenty of detail, but, yeah, it's a database of figures, including ones that are months/years away from release.

I thought you were done for the month, your gonna need a bigger spreadsheet!
All but one of my scales for this month got delayed!

Thanks I was going to buy her and I needed to be stopped.
Get the one on mandarake, it's only 3500.

Guys the thirst for Nendos is growing and I kinda really want to preorder senbonzakura Miku. But I already have preordered Snow Miku ! This is a very dangerous situation.
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that you can only have one Miku.

That pic always makes me want that Nendo....

Got very close to ordering my first Miku today. She was used and one I am after...but I need to watch my spending this month.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That pic always makes me want that Nendo....

Got very close to ordering my first Miku today. She was used and one I am after...but I need to watch my spending this month.

Which Miku are you after? My first and only Miku is 7th Dragon 2020. Part of me regrets the purchase.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well I've managed to resist the Amiibo bug so far because I've managed to get figurines of favourite Nintendo character through alternative means e.g. Nendo Link or the assortment of Mario figs I have. Was tempted to get Dedede but I'll let the hype die down a bit before getting him.

omlet

Been hunting her since I first saw it.

That pic always makes me want that Nendo...
There's a Suigintou on Mandarake right now for 5k. She's rare to see on amiami preowned (closer to 4k there).

You, too, can weather Suigintou's yare-yare-
da-ze
glare every day!

Or if you don't like being glared at, she can laugh at you instead.

(I also have a spare that I'd sell together with my spare Shinku if anyone is interested. They're not listed anywhere right now so you can give it some thought. I'd sell the pair for $100 shipped in the US; a few bucks more for intl.)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
4 out of 5 in that list have yet to be unboxed. Typing that was a painful admission.

Hot Damn, I'd be octodading stuff to make room for nendo Wo and Mako...
G4qhlaQ.gif

Lol tell me about it, started with the lack of Abyssals at wonderfest and the nice thought of pre-ordering the nendo re-class to sell on to someone who missed out on her at a later date, then I'd thought I'd get 2 star Mako myself.

Somewhere between then and now I've turned into fucking gollum.

Now I'm all in on Abyssal nendos/medicchus/scales and then starting getting the BRS nendo's. I also took the Colossal nendo from my wife and claimed it as mine, she never liked it anyway.

tumblr_mttme0tb4g1son9hoo2_250.gif

*Watches wallet after wallet faling to the Nendo trap*
XD GSC the true killers and enablers of Figure GAF's wallets

Real name should be ESC. Evil Smile Company.

Can someone tell me what to expect if one of my packages goes through customs? How much is the fee? Do items get damaged/figure boxes opened? How long might it delay the package?

Also didn't see this completely answered. Since you live in the US you don't have to worry about customs. It just delays the shipping a bit to go through customs but there are no charges.

Theonik

There's a Suigintou on Mandarake right now for 5k. She's rare to see on amiami preowned (closer to 4k there).

You, too, can weather Suigintou's yare-yare-
da-ze
glare every day!

Or if you don't like being glared at, she can laugh at you instead.

(I also have a spare that I'd sell together with my spare Shinku if anyone is interested. They're not listed anywhere right now so you can give it some thought. I'd sell the pair for $100 shipped in the US; a few bucks more for intl.)
I'd bite if $ to Euro wasn't piss right now.

Theonik

These past few days have been successful. I dodged some buys which were maybe good, that Lineage II elf and Karmael were killing me. 7k I'd have maybe paid. Some I regret though, should have bought the Perrine before going to work. Oh well.
You are doing this on purpose
image.php

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
So much Nendo chatter...

Have to ignore the Pre-Owned section until next month...b-b-but it's sooo hard. However, I should be content for a while now after securing Yoshino & Wo.

Believe it or not, I have yet to display most of my import figures. I have a $200 IKEA gift card which will be used on a birch veneer Billy w/ glass doors. Glass shelves & LED dioders as well. Having said that, I am already thinking of custom magnet stands for older Nendos. Has anyone ever tried to attach a magnet to an end of a Nendo stand? If so, how does one make such an end?

Believe it or not, I have yet to display most of my import figures. I have a $200 IKEA gift card which will be used on a birch veneer Billy w/ glass doors. Glass shelves & LED dioders as well. Having said that, I am already thinking of custom magnet stands for older Nendos. Has anyone ever tried to attach a magnet to an end of a Nendo stand? If so, how does one make such an end?

Do they have glass shelves that are compatible with the Billy units? Though the only figure I can really see them coming in handy for is Cat Lap Milk. XD

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
FIGURE-009918.jpg

Fate-chan is up in amiami!

15,984 yens, 13,200 yens after discount, lol.

I going to wait for cuts, it seems like all Nanaho figure released before got cheaper used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom