• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldnerKei

Cynthia & Garchomp nendo?
sirona-nendoroido-gaburiasu-2.jpg
sirona-nendoroido-gaburiasu-4.jpg

http://pk-mn.com/n/sirona-nendoroido-gaburiasu/

aww shit, I want this but I don't know a single fuck how to order those exclusives, screw red nendo, this one is godly

SoldnerKei

I'm no expert either but N-Y, Nin-Nin and BiJ usually handle exclusives (for a premium, of course).

thanks, searched on other stores too, her prices goes from 70-99 dlls, yikes!
but it looks pretty awesome... gonna wait for it to appear on BiJ or N-Y

I'm awaiting N-Y to update their site, I needs ma Xenoblade cover plates *___*
thanks, searched on other stores too, her prices goes from 70-99 dlls, yikes!
but it looks pretty awesome... gonna wait for it to appear on BiJ or N-Y
Think like Red, Amazon Japan will probably only allow one per customer so you may have to order from them yourself and ship it to a proxy service.

kewlmyc

Which one did you get?

78585.jpg

Got it from someone off MFC from Canada. I guess customs is harsher on stuff from Canada than they are from San Francisco. That or San Fransisco is harsher in general. My Japanese packages usually go through the Chicago customs and only spend a day or so in there.

Zerojul

BiJ doesn't have a listing up yet which is surprising since it's already up for pre-order in Japan I believe?

Not according to the site that was linked earlier

予約期間
 2015年3月7日(土)~4月15日(水)

引き渡し予定日
 2015年7月25日(土)

商品詳細
 ねんどろいど シロナ 5,000円

Preorders open on March 7th till April 15th.

Delivery on July 25th.

Nendoroid Shirona (?) 5k.

Edit : what dakkumauji said :)

SoldnerKei

Think like Red, Amazon Japan will probably only allow one per customer so you may have to order from them yourself and ship it to a proxy service.

gonna look into that proxy service thing, thanks for the tip :'D

if any of those sites puts a preorder I'll go for it, at least they are safer than other sites I have seen, saw her on here, but 99dlls is way to much for a nendo imo lol also dunno how good is their service

Actually it's doesn't go up until early March.
oooh, that explains it then, gonna be looking into that proxy server thing in the meanwhile

gonna look into that proxy service thing, thanks for the tip :'D

if any of those sites puts a preorder I'll go for it, at least they are safer than other sites I have seen, saw her on here, but 99dlls is way to much for a nendo imo lol also dunno how good is their service

oooh, that explains it then, gonna be looking into that proxy server thing in the meanwhile

There's also Sunyshore which specializes in ordering stuff from Pokemon Centers in Japan.

Femto.

78585.jpg

Got it from someone off MFC from Canada. I guess customs is harsher on stuff from Canada than they are from San Francisco. That or San Fransisco is harsher in general. My Japanese packages usually go through the Chicago customs and only spend a day or so in there.

Nice.

I only have to deal with Los Angeles customs and they take no longer than a day, must be irritating :(

But as of late there have been worker strikes in the ports down in LA delaying a lot of packages. I personally haven't had to deal with it recently since I haven't ordered anything since last month but I know of others who have. Only issue I had was that I had to wait a week later after Guilty Gear's release for my TE2 Xrd stick because of these strikes.

78585.jpg

Bought it, eh? You've been nursing a crush on that one since you first saw it. :D

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not according to the site that was linked earlier

予約期間
 2015年3月7日(土)~4月15日(水)

引き渡し予定日
 2015年7月25日(土)

商品詳細
 ねんどろいど シロナ 5,000円

Preorders open on March 7th till April 15th.

Delivery on July 25th.

Nendoroid Shirona (?) 5k.

Edit : what dakkumauji said :)

Oh ok. I was confused since some people earlier said they were already pre-ordering it, it sounded like some sites were taking it early or something.

omlet

Oh ok. I was confused since some people earlier said they were already pre-ordering it, it sounded like some sites were taking it early or something.

Some sites are. Sites that will basically use a forwarding service to get them, then mark them up, so why not just do that yourself?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Some sites are. Sites that will basically use a forwarding service to get them, then mark them up, so why not just do that yourself?

Not a fan of using middleman services and with a budget, I'd rather wait and see if it shows up on BiJ.

EDIT: Does anyone remember what BiJ had Red priced at?

Not a fan of using middleman services and with a budget, I'd rather wait and see if it shows up on BiJ.

It just had a page made that told you to order from Amazon Japan (cause there's a one figure per customer limit) and use their forwarding service, which a number of us in the thread did.

omlet

I'm confused... You don't want to pay 500 yen middle man forwarding service and you're on a budget so you'd rather pay a middle man reseller who is going charge more than that? (Edit: Though what Samurai_Heart said indicates BiJ won't be doing what some other shops are doing by charging $70+s/h for it.)

arue

It was a big mistake to check out this thread today.

I have pre-ordered Miku Senbonzakura ver.

My Teddie and Sakura Miku 2013 nendos should have arrived by today too.

It just had a page made that told you to order from Amazon Japan (cause there's a one figure per customer limit) and use their forwarding service, which a number of us in the thread did.

Oh yeah, I could use BiJ now assuming my recent Amazon.jp order goes through without a hitch. Tempting...

Acid08

Banned
Another day, another new nendo in the mail. Santa needs to step his game up if he intends to compete with the post office!

Today, I received a long sought after nendo; Kuroki Tomoko. Right off the bat I was impressed with the number of extra little doo-dads she came with. In general more hands and arms than most nendos I own, plus a few extra goodies.

Tomoko is from the anime 'Watamote'. It's a short comedy series about Tomoko, an unpopular and awkward otaku, dealing with her social anxiety issues. It draws it's main appeal from cringe humor as she keeps getting herself into increasingly awkard situations as she tries to find a way to fit in, and gets caught the in lies she tells her friends and family.

I've dealt with severe social anxiety disorder (diagnosed by several psychiatrists) my whole life. One of my earliest memories is of being about 4, and having a near mental breakdown when my mother insisted I go outside and meet the neighbors. What would follow is a very frustrating life dealing with constant anxiety attacks that disrupt my school and home life. One of the most frustrating parts of social anxiety disorder though, is that people who don't have it absolutely cannot comprehend what it's like. Most people can't grasp the concept of life-in-danger levels of terror over going to the grocery store.

This left me feeling very alone at times because no one believed me when I tried to talk about how difficult it was to cope with. Ultimately I would find online support forums that were life changing. Listening to others share their experiences that were so similar to mine was one of the most therapeutic things that's ever happened to me.

That's why Watamote clicked with me as well. Much of what affects Tomoko in the series fits me so perfectly it hurts. It's one of the most uplifting things ever, after having such a frustrating past, to be vindicated. To know that I'm not crazy, and that this is a real thing that affects lots of people the exact same way, is such a comforting thing.

For being such good sports and putting up with my sob story, I'll include a bonus. Making use of one of the best nendo faces ever made.
Thanks for sharing this! I suffer from similar things and it's always nice to hear other people talk about it.

Take a look at my collection on MFC and try to guess what's likely to go up for sale (pro-tip: RAH Ryuko like nope nope nope)
I'll get back to you on this hehehe

recycle your boxes....

Been thinking about doing something like this. I'm completely out of closet space for boxes.

Never had a problem with them, my stuff passes through SF customs in a day or so. Thought Canada is a danger to the entire world so extra screening is probably expected.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused... You don't want to pay 500 yen middle man forwarding service and you're on a budget so you'd rather pay a middle man reseller who is going charge more than that? (Edit: Though what Samurai_Heart said indicates BiJ won't be doing what some other shops are doing by charging $70+s/h for it.)

...which is why I asked what it was priced at. I did not know that it was how Red was processed. I also did not know the service was only $5 as other middlemans (in which I've heard horror stories from) usually charge a lot more. I saw that Red had a page for a forwarding service, but did not know if they were all sold that way, or if BiJ offered some without it.

Not sure why you think I already have all the details, which is why I've been asking questions here to see what other options I might have.

omlet

She's...on my Watch List. Told myself repeatedly to avoid Miku at all costs. Why not just one? Nope, one will lead to two...to five...to thirteen...nuh uh.
I'm not big on Miku but I still bought a few. I bought 2.0 nendo mainly for the XD faceplate (the keyboard is a nice accessory, plus the nendo itself is still cute on its own). Snow Miku (at least 2013-2015) are just cute in general so I don't really think of them as "Miku" if that makes sense. Senbonzakura is more like an "it's cute and I'd rather preorder it than change my mind later and pay 4k+ for it after release."

...which is why I asked what it was priced at. I did not know that it was how Red was processed. I also did not know the service was only $5 as other middlemans (in which I've heard horror stories from) usually charge a lot more.
Right on, gotcha now! Sorry, the relatively cheap pricing of forwarding was just recently discussed (like last night and this morning) so I assumed you had read that part of the thread, but I know not everyone follows it as closely as some of us and it can move quickly.

E:
She will be my first Miku :)
And probably not your last :)

Senbonzakura Miku will surprisingly be my first Miku Nendo. Only really bought her since they seem to be doing the rest of the Senbonzakura characters so might as well.

Dunno about getting other Mikus. Can't think of an outfit that would make me absolutely want to get another one.

And probably not your last :)

I still got to get the racing one but I won't get all miku-ed up like some people do. I've known about her for awhile but she does nothing for me lol.

If anyone wants to do a cheap nendo impulse buy, ABCtoy4me is selling the Isshiki Akane Nendoroid (VIVIDBUTTS!) for $20 shipped today only. They are a legit company and do not no sell bootlegs.

http://www.abctoy4me.com/product_in...isshiki-akane-nendoroid-action-figure-p-21048

note: the site has issues with Chrome so use FireFox

Man I'm really glad I discovered Little Armory.

Makes me want to get the dumbest most random Figmas and arm them up.

I like these little accesories Like this and the arcade cabinets.

Their little armory hands need some work. They don't have the tightest grips on the guns. I'll post some pics of mine when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom