• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

FIGHT-O!

Lionhart1425122724.png

So many great shots in today's POTDs.

kewlmyc

It was a forced EMS shipping and I had Nendoroid Rin Append, Nendo Len Append, and Lelouch Prize Figure. I think Lelouch's box is pretty big, since I never had a forced EMS order before with only 3 figures.

The total was 9630 + 5120 shipping = 14,750.

If it's forced EMS then I could see shipping being that expensive. EMS cost anywhere from 2k for one figure to near 9k for multiple figures when I buy from AmiAmi. I never heard them have to recalculate due to an error, so that's a new one, but the shipping price doesn't shock me at all. Email them about it just in case if you're weary about it. They'll respond next business day.

Curious if Nanami's going to get delayed again this month, without her I'm at about 18k Yen IIRC with the Atelier Ayesha and Zestiria Alisha figures which I'm assuming won't get pushed back.

Bloodember

Got a few things in the mail today.

First up is the Bombshells Supergirl

Lastly is Kiani. I've actually had her since she came out in 2007, but the old one's foot got broke from falling off the base. I emailed Aspen if they had any figures they could sell me, they didn't, instead they gave me a 50% off code to get a new one, I took it and used it while they had they're sale last week.

I won't be displaying Kiani till I move to a different place because of the floatiness of the place I live in now, don't want another broken foot.

I'm selling the old one on ebay if anyone needs a base.

arue

If it's forced EMS then I could see shipping being that expensive. EMS cost anywhere from 2k for one figure to near 9k for multiple figures when I buy from AmiAmi. I never heard them have to recalculate due to an error, so that's a new one, but the shipping price doesn't shock me at all. Email them about it just in case if you're weary about it. They'll respond next business day.

So my shipping cost looks normal huh? I was thinking that it's should be cheaper because it's only 3 boxes, hence the shipping recalculation. If it's a normal shipping cost for a forced EMS shipping, I'm not worried then.

Bombless

This wallet slayer post brought to you by MFC's Lists feature, another great asset for recording the Great Wallet onslaught tracking your expenses.

March orders. Somehow, I remembererd it being worse than it actually is. If Phat! only so much as hints towards delays on Takao and Yasuna/Sonya I'm...I'm....I'm going to go cry in a corner. Cost : 33k before shipping.
KAiPh58.png

April orders. Less pieces, almost double the cost. Still, I regret absolutely nothing. Yamato Heavy Arms, Wo and Himeji in the same month...I implore you PVC Gods, make them release on time! Cost : 59k before shipping
j59ebWG.png

May orders. Glorious Selvaria and the deceptively cheap Frame Arms Girl that might end up costing a ton in addons in the long run. Cost : 40k before shipping
Hre250L.png

Well, I certainly managed to rein in the number of orders. 2015, the year of scaling down my spending!
Kill me now.

kierwynn

Got an Ayesha preorder, so now my March is Ayesha, Alicia, and Chiaki (not). Hoooopefully Makoto if I can swing it and I find him for a good price.

LiK

any of you bros know a good place to import Japanese iPhone cases that aren't sold out? AmiAmi and HobbySearch selection is weak as hell :(

kewlmyc

I found this sweet display case at Ikea hidden in the kids section.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60241544/?query=synas
Hm, might look into buying this if it doesn't come with the soccer/football sticker.

So my shipping cost looks normal huh? I was thinking that it's should be cheaper because it's only 3 boxes, hence the shipping recalculation. If it's a normal shipping cost for a forced EMS shipping, I'm not worried then.
Doesn't help to email them and check just in case.

Nothing dropping from Sideshow until mid-summer at the earliest, so March orders are my Kotobukiya haul

jxMwdCF.jpg

3sK79HF.jpg

KgpMfff.jpg

and my recent Amiami impulse purchase

Jii0Iar.jpg

meijiko

Oh wow, it's actually happening.

If I end up wanting it (based on the sculpt) it'll be a tough sell to get my husband on board...

RocBase

Feels like this came out of nowhere but if any character was going to make the jump it'd be Aoba. His Max Factory figure did so well it got a re-release and the franchise itself has been doing well. Though I doubt I'll be buying this, I'm interested in seeing how it fares!

Seriously came out of nowhere! Just, what in the shit.
It's only the start of the year but there've been a few really random figure surprises which while I hoped would become a reality, I never expected them to and yet...they did happen. Power of prayer to say the least!

Hope that this is the start of a brighter future.

Going through Native's catalog on MFC I'm gonna say that they won't be showing penis for the figure. The have a (small) few that are just ero rather than vagina exposing.
My bet is on hyper-erotic rather than graphic sexual organs

err all their recent figures have detail down there in the past 2-3 years lol.

Meyneth

err all their recent figures have detail down there in the past 2-3 years lol.
Which is a good point, but I feel that we must also consider that male figures in general have a difficult time of being made at all. It's all up to the art they choose I guess. :/
Although for some reason I have a suspicion that there will be a second figure that will compliment aoba in the future

That came out as a half idea...
My point is that whilst I have faith in Native, I don't have faith in Native

Which is a good point, but I feel that we must also consider that male figures in general have a difficult time of being made at all. It's all up to the art they choose I guess. :/
Although for some reason I have a suspicion that there will be a second figure that will compliment aoba in the future

That came out as a half idea...
My point is that whilst I have faith in Native, I don't have faith in Native

That could make things super interesting.

Meyneth

That could make things super interesting.
Honestly, as soon as I saw the listing on MFC I immediately thought that if Native is smart about the pose the choose for Aoba they could easily make complimentary figures of all the other characters for him.

Like those two bunny girls that are always posed with one sitting on top of the other. Or the two figures where when posed together look like they're holding hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom