• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still need to find why Saber is so popular.
But I do not have patience to watch a thousand Fate animes.

Here's a kind of guide that may or may not help you:

In the source material(the PC visual novel), there's 3 routes. These are largely self-contained as stories, but are played in order as each one uses information from the previous one. There's also a small epilogue.

The first route(Fate/stay night), some of the second route(Fate/Unlimited Blade Works), and the epilogue focus on Saber the character

There's also a prequel(Fate/Zero) which explores Saber the character, and a sort-of-sequel(Fate/hollow ataraxia).

Anyway, adaptations:

There's the DEEN adaptation of the first route that splices some of the other two routes' plot elements in. Not too many people are fans of this(at least from what I can see on GAF), but it was the first anime the series got.
(Fate/stay night) (TV)

There was a TV adaptation of the prequel, which as far as I can tell almost everyone agrees was worth watching, even people who aren't really fans of the series proper.
(Fate/Zero) (TV)

Then there was a movie adaptation of the second route, which brushed over a lot of the plot elements and focused on the action because... well, it was a movie.
(Fate/Unlimited Blade Works) (Movie)

And currently we're in the middle of a TV adaptation of the second route, which is done by the same people who adapted the prequel, and is spending a lot of time and effort to get all the major elements down. It's split-cour; the first season of it wrapped up a couple months ago, and the second and final season of it will start airing in around a month.
(Fate/Unlimited Blade Works) (TV)

There's also a comedy OVA series called Carnival Phantasm, which is pretty funny if you're already waist deep in this setting's Kool-Aid.

Most people would point at watching Fate/Zero and probably the series that's recently going on. YMMV

"More amiami stuff? I know who this is going to without even looking."

Edit:
I'm going to be "that guy" in my area this month, I think.

I know the feeling, I went to the post office to pick a package that I missed (I don't use this post office much but its the one where my packages are loaded to be delivered) and gave my address and they knew me by name and said "So your the one who gets all the packages" it gets worse though, my second trip about a month later to pick up another missed package and the clerk only had to look at me to know it was "Package girl" I didn't even need to show my id lol Who knows what the workers who load my packages are saying if the whole post office knows who i am :O

Einbroch

Banned
Holy shit. Got my Elin Mystic in today.

Wow. I'm speechless. She is absolutely flawless. She's HUGE and heavy. I was shocked how large she was. Her paint is immaculate. Her sculpt is awesome. I'm floored. She's by far the nicest scale I own.

I'm super excited for the Slayer.

HWkkXhM.jpg
te4Z9JJ.jpg
ReASipa.jpg

In the source material(the PC visual novel), there's 3 routes. These are largely self-contained as stories, but are played in order as each one uses information from the previous one. There's also a small epilogue.

The first route(Fate/stay night), some of the second route(Fate/Unlimited Blade Works), and the epilogue focus on Saber the character

There's also a prequel(Fate/Zero) which explores Saber the character, and a sort-of-sequel(Fate/hollow ataraxia).

Anyway, adaptations:

There's the DEEN adaptation of the first route that splices some of the other two routes' plot elements in. Not too many people are fans of this(at least from what I can see on GAF), but it was the first anime the series got.
(Fate/stay night) (TV)

There was a TV adaptation of the prequel, which as far as I can tell almost everyone agrees was worth watching, even people who aren't really fans of the series proper.
(Fate/Zero) (TV)

Then there was a movie adaptation of the second route, which brushed over a lot of the plot elements and focused on the action because... well, it was a movie.

And currently we're in the middle of a TV adaptation of the second route, which is done by the same people who adapted the prequel, and is spending a lot of time and effort to get all the major elements down. It's split-cour; the first season of it wrapped up a couple months ago, and the second and final season of it will start airing in around a month.

There's also a comedy OVA series called Carnival Phantasm, which is pretty funny if you're already in waist deep in this setting's Kool-Aid.

Thanks, I'll save this post.

Meyneth

"More amiami stuff? I know who this is going to without even looking."

Edit:
I'm going to be "that guy" in my area this month, I think.
The mailman was like, "the delivery papers on the top looked similar so I thought it was yours". It's happened before, but instead something of mine was scheduled to go to some other person house. It gives me solace in paying the extra for the EMS tracking.

You should have checked to see if it was anything good, first.
When I gave the box back I had already memorized the address.
I know where they live now

I know the feeling, I went to the post office to pick a package that I missed (I don't use this post office much but its the one where my packages are loaded to be delivered) and gave my address and they knew me by name and said "So your the one who gets all the packages" it gets worse though, my second trip about a month later to pick up another missed package and the clerk only had to look at me to know it was "Package girl" I didn't even need to show my id lol Who knows what the workers who load my packages are saying if the whole post office knows who i am :O

How big of a town are you in? That seems crazy to me that they would know you that well. Hah. My post office is about 15-20 minutes away so I try to be home to accept my packages. I've had a few things that I've had to go pick up and it's a pain in the ass.

Ultimadrago

Wow. I'm speechless. She is absolutely flawless. She's HUGE and heavy. I was shocked how large she was. Her paint is immaculate. Her sculpt is awesome. I'm floored. She's by far the nicest scale I own.

Dr. Paul would be proud~

Ok, I'm jealous.

How big of a town are you in? That seems crazy to me that they would know you that well. Hah. My post office is about 15-20 minutes away so I try to be home to accept my packages. I've had a few things that I've had to go pick up and it's a pain in the ass.

Its a decent sized city with a population of about 90k, 5 post offices too lol though the one which is near me is the main one where all the other post office are smaller brances. but it was weird first time going in and the lady knew I had lots of packages lol

Congrats! The elin figures are beautiful and I'll finally have my first one in april ^_^

omlet

People still don't know about elins? What is wrong with this world...

Edit: bonus picture of me and some friends in a dungeon run

Hahaha. I mostly ship registered and mostly miss my deliveries that aren't on weekends, so I have to retrieve a high percentage of my orders from the post office. It's a big pain because it's like a 45 minute round trip for me regardless of whether I'm starting from home or from work.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Niiiice. Where did you buy it from?

kewlmyc

Anyway, adaptations:

(Fate/stay night) (TV)

(Fate/Zero) (TV)

There's also a comedy OVA series called Carnival Phantasm, which is pretty funny if you're already waist deep in this setting's Kool-Aid.

Most people would point at watching Fate/Zero and probably the series that's recently going on. YMMV

Fantastic summary, couldn't have done it better myself.

I would say that Fate/Zero, UBW TV, and Carnival Phantasm (only if you're a diehard fan Type-Moon fan already) are the only Fate stuff worth watching. Hell, you could say that the stuff made by Ufotable (Fate/Zero, UBW TV, and the Kara no Kyoukai movies) are the only Type-Moon related anime worth watching at all.

omlet

Hell, you could say that the stuff made by Ufotable (Fate/Zero, UBW TV, and the Kara no Kyoukai movies) are the only Type-Moon related anime worth watching at all.
Carnival Phantasm is required viewing but only once you are steeped enough in Nasuverse to be able to get most of the jokes--mainly you just need to know Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime (manga adaptation is the easiest way to get the main plot/characters of this one).

SoldnerKei

My resolve to buy only SF Bishoujos when it comes to scales is now a distant memory.

I was one of those who said "I don't need figures, they're just expensive decoration" - got a figure as a gift and began to buy scales... then I was "figmas' joints ruin them" - got Link & Samus figmas again as a gift loved them and ordered Lucina myself... then I was "well, at least I am not into nendos" - got Toon Link as xmas present, Fire Emblem nendos get announced at Wonfest meaning insta buy

regarding Figures everything will be a distant memory once you step in lol

Theonik

Why do you do this to me.

This looks incredible.

kewlmyc

Actually I was referring to the name of that Saber. She's called Saber Alter. Though Alter is making one of their own.

Haha, you're absolutely right. I'm so used to Alter referring to the figure company that I just assumed that's what you're talking about. The Saber Alter figure that Alter is making is based off her "casual" clothes ver from F/HA iirc.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know much about Sailor Moon but if any of those are Tamashii Web limited SHF, Amiami won't sell those (except for preowned stuff later). You need to check other places like BiJ, NY or Cd-Japan :/

Never did see them as being an exclusive. Amazon has had all of them in so far, but then again they have been carrying some Japanese web exclusives on there like the domestic version of Metalgarurumon, so I guess it's possible.

The Yen is low right now, so even after shipping it's still a bit cheaper than on Amazon to pick up on Ami.

Ok I'm definitely getting her :

My resolve to buy only SF Bishoujos when it comes to scales is now a distant memory.

Sayla looks fantastic. I wish MegaHouse was making Gundam gals with this level of quality the whole time, but the sculpts of the older ones can be a bit meh. Can't say no to this, especially when I'm reading the Gundam Origin manga.

True as that may be

That stomach is screaming "I must have her"

I'm tempted. Very tempted. But I have no experience with the franchise. Kinda wanna keep it that way for my wallet's sake.

It's cute that how people think they can limit themselves when they first start collecting.

I still remember my proclamation of "I'll just buy two or three to fill in some empty shelf space" when I started with DC bishoujos. XD

Two or three quickly turns into 150.

johnsmith

remember me
I still remember my proclamation of "I'll just buy two or three to fill in some empty shelf space" when I started with DC bishoujos. XD

Two or three quickly turns into 150.
I was originally going to limit myself to Persona, X-Men bishoujos, and Vanillaware. That didn't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom