• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Definitely going to pick up Yoshino. Know nothing about Date A Live but she's too cute.

Not sure of the orders, but there is a 2nd wave of Simpson's coming out at some point. Current series is a regular series with characters like guy in hotdog suit. In the fall a monster theme series is coming.

I got hot dog guy, samurai girl, and the unicorn. All awesome.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Figure Hobby Club visits threezero, and show off some upcoming stuff, notable are:

Jon Snow from Game of Thrones
Rick Grimes and teddy bear zombie girl from The Walking Dead
TMNT figures from the new movie... (not notable, but in the pictures)

Due to half naked zombie girl I'm not posting pics directly...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So I need some nendo advice.

I'm moving pretty soon, I have a lot of nendos that are going to need some shelving space, and it occurs to me that just going DETOLF like many fig-gaf posters before me isn't going to cut it for what I want to do; basically I want each shelf to be a set piece of some sort using nendos.

By set piece, I mean stuff like this that you see on MFC all the time:

So I need something that doesn't waste headroom wrt displaying nendoroid sets, has some clear doors so I don't have to worry about dust, and isn't too difficult to install lighting in.

Anyone gone down this route before? Suggestions or pictures you could possibly share with me?

EDIT: a friend showed me something like this, IKEA's Besta with added doors and lighting, so far this is in the ballpark if I could cut the headroom down further:

Yeah, a bookcase like the IKEA Besta or Billy would be the way to go.

Check out this website for diorama inspiration - http://kixkillradio.com/

13144319744_8d0282f132_b.jpg

Currently building a diorama myself, but progress is slow.

Zerojul

Figure Hobby Club visits threezero, and show off some upcoming stuff, notable are:

Jon Snow from Game of Thrones
Rick Grimes and teddy bear zombie girl from The Walking Dead
TMNT figures from the new movie... (not notable, but in the pictures)

Due to half naked zombie girl I'm not posting pics directly...
Those GoT figures look good. I might cave in if they do the Hound, I like that guy's kawai face.

So I went ahead and ordered Jubilee. I was going to wait on it but found her for below retail and pulled the trigger. Feel like something has come full circle since her reveal at I think Comic con last year is what pulled me over to figureGAF.

Now to hide my wallet unless I find the elusive Ryuko Figma.

Acid08

Banned
So I went ahead and ordered Jubilee. I was going to wait on it but found her for below retail and pulled the trigger. Feel like something has come full circle since her reveal at I think Comic con last year is what pulled me over to figureGAF.

Now to hide my wallet unless I find the elusive Ryuko Figma.

Ryuko figma for $53.99

I bought one from them and it came in perfect condition, super well packed. Shipping was pretty cheap too. I know it's more expensive than getting it on Manda/Ami but hey, you can actually get one now instead of waiting ;)

LiK

I still can't believe that time I ordered the Wo-Class Dekacchu and I got a shipping notification 30 minutes after I paid. N-Y was on the ball that day.

i think it's cuz my P4 figures are probably in another location. this seems to happen with their older stock. their new stuff can be shipped out in less than a day. so hit and miss with them.

Ryuko figma for $53.99

I bought one from them and it came in perfect condition, super well packed. Shipping was pretty cheap too. I know it's more expensive than getting it on Manda/Ami but hey, you can actually get one now instead of waiting ;)

Yooo thanks! I really wasn't looking forward to spending $70 plus. I missed one last night for 3900 that dissappeared super fast. She was in my cart but I was too slow. I'll probably pull the trigger on this.

Edit: went ahead and ordered it. Funny how $10 can make all the difference. Place is also in the Bay Area so hopefully it doesn't take that long to get to me.

Now my wallet can hide until Lucina releases.

Thanks Acid.

Acid08

Banned
Yooo thanks! I really wasn't looking forward to spending $70 plus. I missed one last night for 3900 that dissappeared super fast. She was in my cart but I was too slow. I'll probably pull the trigger on this.

Edit: went ahead and ordered it. Funny how $10 can make all the difference. Place is also in the Bay Area so hopefully it doesn't take that long to get to me.

Now my wallet can hide until Lucina releases.

Thanks Acid.

No problem man! I was super excited when I got mine, she's awesome!

And dude, are you in the Bay Area too? I'm in the East Bay and it only took a couple days for the package to get to me.

cajunator

Banned
Dat LFA.

Dat Redbull X2010.

SI085wG.jpg

the LFA is the biggest fail design for a supercar ever but the Redbull GT thing is pretty slick.

Kurumi just entered customs and bunnygirl Laura just cleared them in Chicago so both will be arriving by the time I am off work on Thursday!

Its kind of funny how much my Dad seems to loathe that I buy all this stuff, yet he will drop a couple thousand on a gun or several on a thermal imaging camera for hunting. I should just ship everything to my rent house probably if he's gonna complain about it.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Amakuni Sansei out of customs
CZoUG4r.gif

Hope your as happy with her as I am. Still wanna know if Nippon-Yasan will be getting body replacement/extra boobs/whatethefuckever amakuni has been promising buyers of the figure...

-----------------------

Got around to opening Link:

I see why you guys can have nendo's just sitting around unopened now. This arm goes in, that arm falls out, put sword in hand, shield falls off. Getting a nendo together is an unending comedy of errors, pretty much like a figma, and I got like 7 more on the way...

cajunator

Banned
At least it is better than what Lexus is putting out at the moment. The price was insane and they lost money on every sale, but I liked it.

its slightly better but Lexus styling in general is some of the worst in the industry. Its a complete mess of shapes and cuts that have no direction. Just...ugh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The only tricky part I found with Link was his sword swish part. Mostly because no matter how I positioned it it never looked right.

Settin

Hope your as happy with her as I am. Still wanna know if Nippon-Yasan will be getting body replacement/extra boobs/whatethefuckever amakuni has been promising buyers of the figure...

-----------------------
24 figures deep and I have none I regret. It'd be nice to get the alternate body but I'm displaying her cast-off above eye level so I'll never see the peg holes.

omlet

Its kind of funny how much my Dad seems to loathe that I buy all this stuff, yet he will drop a couple thousand on a gun or several on a thermal imaging camera for hunting. I should just ship everything to my rent house probably if he's gonna complain about it.
Sounds like my dad!
I see why you guys can have nendo's just sitting around unopened now. This arm goes in, that arm falls out, put sword in hand, shield falls off. Getting a nendo together is an unending comedy of errors, pretty much like a figma, and I got like 7 more on the way...
First nendos are the hardest to set up
, especially if they're shipgirls like Kongou
. Once you get used to it and know how much pressure to apply, what to watch for, etc., they get easier to set up...at least a little.

RMI

Banned

old man yells at cloud. Hobbies are hobbies. They're all a waste of money and mental energy if you want to get super reductive about it. It's your money do what you want.

Einbroch

Banned
The only issue I still have with Nendos is putting the peg into the back of the Nendo and into the stand. It's usually either too loose or too tight.

omlet

old man yells at cloud. Hobbies are hobbies. They're all a waste of money and mental energy if you want to get super reductive about it. It's your money do what you want.

My parents dislike this hobby because they see it as a girlfriend repellant and therefore an impediment to grandkids.

They may be right in a way but I don't really care

Settin

Life is a waste if you want to get super reductive about it. Most of our time is spent being unborn or dead.

My parents dislike this hobby because they see it as a girlfriend repellant and therefore an impediment to grandkids.

That's all my parents care about. My GF and I can't stand kids and don't plan on having any. That makes my mom rage so hard. Good thing my brother and sister in law are spitting them out.

kewlmyc

My family doesn't give a shit, they're just happy I have a job. Then again, I help pay their bills so maybe that's why. They occasionally come to play "guess which figures are the new ones" once I get a new batch of figures in.

My mom does joke saying that the figures I buy are her grandchildren. :p

Acid08

Banned
My family doesn't give a shit, they're just happy I have a job. Then again, I help pay their bills so maybe that's why. They occasionally come to play "guess which figures are the new ones" once I get a new batch of figures in.

Going by your MFC page....that's a lot of grandkids.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
My mom keep pushing me to buy a BMW so my money will goes into more "useful" stuffs.

Hell no man I am sticking with my nissan.

I did appreciate her for forcing me to buy a house though,
I need a place for my detolf

Bombless

Not sure if better but my mom calls Nendo Batman her "cheri" (sweetheart) and she hasn't even received the box yet.

I'm also a bit uneasy atm, I just dropped 3 big Amiami boxes filled with figures at the new place and mom is sleeping there. There's nendos in those boxes. Just to be sure I taped them to know whether she tampered with them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My mum collects happy meal toys so if anything she's to blame for getting me into collecting displayables.

My dad is basically a fan of space, but, since my mother is a jumble sale addict, her brining things into the house regularly vs me receiving one figurine every few months basically means he doesn't see them as a problem. In fact he finds them interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom