• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom keep pushing me to buy a BMW so my money will goes into more "useful" stuffs.

Yeah something that loses a great deal of it's value once driven off the lot. Hah. One thing about this hobby is I could sell everything I have back and not have lost that much money. Not that I'd want to.

my mom doesnt really give a shit what i do, though she did say she was proud of me when i bought a house
My sister and mom knows about my figures. Dad, IRL friends and FBs do not.

It shall stay this way.
ouch...mine are on display in obvious places and I will grab them to show to friends

and my dad bought my first 6 play arts advent children figures as christmas gifts. If he were still around I could surely convince him to get me more

My mom thinks they're a waste of money but she says that about literally any spending that I do, haha.
My dad collects figures on occasion too but his are more of the Spawn, Gears of War, or Halo variety.

They don't make Happy Meal toys like they used to. The Tiny Toon cars and the Fry Guy figures were the best McDonald's has ever done.

Recently we got this here in the Happy Meal:

McDonalds-Nintendo-Toys.png

Acid08

Banned
I'm not nearly close enough with my dad for him to know anything about my figures

He does know about my Gunpla though

Given I currently live with my parents (Yay college debt!), they are fully aware of them. They like to joke from time to time haha, but I have a GF (who is also cool with them) so they don't make those kinda of jokes.

Acid08

Banned
So a GSC employee on Twitter is saying that the Yoshino re-release is coming "tonight". Does that mean it'll actually go up for pre-order tonight? Or just that it'll be announced tonight?

kewlmyc

So a GSC employee on Twitter is saying that the Yoshino re-release is coming "tonight". Does that mean it'll actually go up for pre-order tonight? Or just that it'll be announced tonight?

It'll probably go on sale tonight. No need to announce a re-release.

Luigi87

All my friends and family know about my figure collecting. I don't keep my interests a secret.

... Of course I also don't have any lewd figures.

after watching date a live, I have no interest in yoshino, but i am tempted to buy one just because her value will most likely go back up again...but im no scalper

Hope your as happy with her as I am. Still wanna know if Nippon-Yasan will be getting body replacement/extra boobs/whatethefuckever amakuni has been promising buyers of the figure...

-----------------------

Got around to opening Link:

I see why you guys can have nendo's just sitting around unopened now. This arm goes in, that arm falls out, put sword in hand, shield falls off. Getting a nendo together is an unending comedy of errors, pretty much like a figma, and I got like 7 more on the way...

Smang those are some nice pics, what kind of light did you use to get those bluish hues?

Femto.

My sister and mom knows about my figures. Dad, IRL friends and FBs do not.

It shall stay this way.
Goals.

Except that my friends collect too, my parents know but they really haven't said anything about it. Only thing I have to worry about is the next time I get serious with a girl and bring her over. I've only been collecting for about 8 months now, bought my first figs AX of 2013. Ex GF approved so I was given the green light, didn't plunge deeper until last summer.

I currently have Vittsjo shelves in a closest that had its doors removed before I had lived here, my solution? Going to make a curtain closet door to not scare off future gfs.

I'll gladly publicly display Femto and Guts though
I DONT GIVE A DAMN! They are immaculate.

There are other Gundam girls that I would rather get a nice figure. Not to sure on Sayla. Although she would look nice displayed with the 1/35 Core Fighter.

Acid08

Banned
Pre-orders open March 5th. Yessssssss.

I really love this figure. Such a simple design, but so elegant.

She does look really good. HMMMMMM.

There are other Gundam girls that I would rather get a nice figure. Not to sure on Sayla. Although she would look nice displayed with the 1/35 Core Fighter.

I wish the GBF girls were larger scale. Also I think the China and Rinko figures look kinda bad. Aila looks nice though, considering adding her onto my March order.

chrono01

I'm so happy to see Yoshino getting re-release.

I don't have any of the other Date A Live characters, but I'm thinking I might grab Yoshino since:

1) She's adorable
2) She's one of those "in-demand" Nendoroid

I'd hate to pass on her only to want her later and not be able to find her for a reasonable price.

Yaari

I was wondering. If she gets put up for pre-order what does a shop like N-Y that has her for 14k do with their stock. And do they even allow pre-orders too?

I was wondering. If she gets put up for pre-order what does a shop like N-Y that has her for 14k do with their stock. And do they even allow pre-orders too?

They'll usually cut the price a bit. But they'll stock both the original and the reissue. I know I've seen them do this several times with other figures (MegaHouse Shirahoshi, Alter Yagyu Jubei, etc.) and they'll just have each one available at a different price. Some people just want the figures, others NEEEEED that original release.

I just looked on Crunchyroll to see when they're shipping out Phat Satsuki.

I pre-ordered this thing back in July, I was expecting it to be shipped in February, and now it's pushed all the way back to the end of April. I have to wait nearly a whole fucking year just to get this figure. I'm Never pre-ordering through Crunchyroll again, I know that American shops get their stock later but this is just unacceptable.

Giolon

My mom seems to tolerate it, or in general thinks that it's fine (other than having too many, which I can sort of agree with lol), but she really didn't like Asmodeus b/c of how big her boobs were, or DC Amazon b/c how revealing her "outfit" is. *shrug*

Fortunately, I'm old enough not to live and die by what my parents think.

Acid08

Banned
I just looked on Crunchyroll to see when they're shipping out Phat Satsuki.

I pre-ordered this thing back in July, I was expecting it to be shipped in February, and now it's pushed all the way back to the end of April. I have to wait nearly a whole fucking year just to get this figure. I'm Never pre-ordering through Crunchyroll again, I know that American shops get their stock later but this is just unacceptable.

Might have something to do with the port strikes? Not sure how they're affecting American retailers.

Still though, that's awful. She's still available new on Ami.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

That's good because I am very close to buying a Chinese bootleg of yoshino, along with ahri.

Might have something to do with the port strikes? Not sure how they're affecting American retailers.

Still though, that's awful. She's still available new on Ami.

Think I would be able to ask for a refund on Crunchyroll? I would probably be paying the same price with shipping through Amiami anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom