• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

She has a face?
image.php

They've stuck so doggedly to antiquated methods, certainly here in the UK. The world is smaller than it's ever been, so why should it be so difficult to run efficient logistics between countries? Amazon Japan lets me pay estimated import duty up front, which they will then refund if it's found that I paid too much - the deviation isn't massive so I'm cool with doing it that way. Why the heck that isn't more widespread, I just don't know.
It's the seller's prerogative basically and Amazon is much more advanced in terms of their logistics than other sellers. Amazon had only offered this in the US previously too so it was not a universal thing. Over time you will see more retailers do things like this but looking at how crappy Japanese sellers like AmiAmi are it will be a LONG time.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just got a mail from Ami:

Nice touch.

Yet with nippon-yasan and the Muramasa cast off body issue:

This is what folks are being told:

"Is not all figure have this problem.

For this moment we still waiting more information. Soon we will get it we will be able to inform you."

But BIJ are promising customers they will send the bodies with their next shippable orders:

Hello,

We have indeed received an email from Hobby Japan about this issue. Replacements will be sent automatically to us and we will include them with each customer's next shippable order.

Sincerely

Big in Japan

I'm gonna send NY an email after I take my son to nursery to see if they are gonna try to do anything on this issue at all. I'll glady pay for shipping the extra body, but they need to get them for us that bought her from them...

That said BIJ need to be higher on my list of places to buy from...

smh

What galls me most is the handling fee they swipe, while providing such a lacklustre scattershot service. It's little wonder that the competition is eating them alive in terms of quality of service - I'd rather pay DHL a little extra as they can miraculously get packages to me in a minimum of 2 days from Japan, meanwhile Parcelforce can have a parcel sat with them for longer than it took to get it from one country to the next! /rant

I whole heartedly agree with you, as I do every time we have a variation of this conversation LOL

Postal service is an odd thing. One of those services you don't have a choice in but still have to pay for. I mean while it would be more overhead they should technically contact you and ask if you want them to handle the customs paperwork on your behalf.

NY does this, and they give you a ton of shipping options with many different couriers, Amiami could if they wanted to.

Okay, definite pass for me. :/
Yeah, she's on the opposite side of busty hot chick...

Parcelfarce gonna parcelfarce. Worst is waiting for a letter to arrive 2 days after you need to pay so you can use the enclosed code to pay and have your parcel delivered. How pointless is that?

I hate this bit the most, they send that letter second class mail too so it takes longer to arrive... Cheap out on local postage, but demand money for poor service... Where the fuck is Robin Hood when you need him?

Unsure about the Star Wars Nendos. Pretty sure I will buy a Stormtrooper for myself, might buy the Vader and give it to my Dad for Christmas. I think he would love it, plus it would be a good compliment for the Isabelle Nendo I gave my Mom last year.

Also got this email from Ami today.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

This message is being sent to all customers who have purchased "Nendoroid - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- I-401" (FIGURE-008720).

We have received notification from the maker that some quantities of this item may have the wrong colored thighs.

Defect: Tanned
Correct: Not tanned

Due to this issue, our store will be providing you with a replacement part after they have been received from the maker. The replacement for this part is expected to arrive in late March. The replacement part will have its own item code and the shipment of the part will have its own order ID number that will be displayed on your order history page. A price for the replacement part as well as shipping costs will also be shown but there will be no additional charges to you, and you will receive the replacement for free.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,
AmiAmi

Bloodember

Dang it, I just pre ordered Nendoroids, Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers, now I'll have four Nendoroids. Guess I'll throw my no nendoroid rule out the window since I keep breaking it lately.

In good news I decided to pre order Fate Saber of Red 1/7 figure, not sure what it is about her, I just had to have her.

Theonik

Dang it, I just pre ordered Nendoroids, Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers, now I'll have four Nendoroids. Guess I'll throw my no nendoroid rule out the window since I keep breaking it lately.

In good news I decided to pre order Fate Saber of Red 1/7 figure, not sure what it is about her, I just had to have her.
See, this is how it starts and it becomes harder and harder to quit since they increase in value the more you have. (dat inter-operability)

Zerojul

Guess I'll throw my no nendoroid rule out the window since I keep breaking it lately.
In this hobby it seems we all break our rules, sooner or later. And "no Nendos" is an excellent rule to break :)

I found a RAHDX Ramba Ral for the equivalent of 9k shipped... but I already spent every single euro I can reasonably spend on figures this month. It's painful and cruel.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
What I sent NY regarding the Muramasa body:

Hobby Japan are supposed to be fixing the issue with the cast off option of this figure, as all figures have been effected, I was wondering when and if you guys will be able to get the replacement body's they are sending out?

Big In Japan have already told their customers they will be taken care of, I'd hate to start giving them all my business in the future if you guys can't compete with that level of customer care.

Will be interesting to see if they bother with a new response, or send out the same one they sent everyone else.

As for rules I've had and rules I've broken:

No One Piece - The only rule my wife guards. I had this rule after reading the manga, my wife keeps it as we watch the anime together.

No Dragonball - Self imposed, lack of self control, I'd buy everyone.

No Gundams/Robots- Sayla is tempting though, but she's not a Robot per say. same as the first two, there is no limit to what I'd buy...

N̶o̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶s̶ - Fuck you hot toys. My wife forced me down this dark path. Thought the prequels killed the fanboy in me... They did, but not the fan girl in my wife...

N̶o̶ ̶v̶e̶h̶i̶c̶l̶e̶s̶ - Metal Slug tank, though that may be a one off. Too big, no space, still a sorta rule, but it has been broken...

N̶o̶ ̶N̶e̶n̶d̶o̶s̶ - Lack of Abyssal merchandise sent me down this road.

N̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶v̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ - LOL This was the first one that fell. Random Anime bimbo's are best...

N̶o̶ ̶D̶c̶ ̶D̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶i̶c̶e̶s̶ -Bombshell Batwoman/Catwoman Batman B&W Mignola re-re-release, reason for having it was they are so tiny and quality control seemed iffy.

N̶o̶ ̶H̶o̶t̶ ̶T̶o̶y̶s̶ -That Lego set I was gonna by is more expensive then this, let me get one.

N̶o̶ ̶1̶/̶4̶ ̶E̶n̶t̶e̶r̶b̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ - Sold off my Japanese 360 and Cave Shump collection and wanted something awesome to put the money into... Joker

N̶o̶ ̶S̶i̶d̶e̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶t̶u̶e̶s̶ -Hellboy and Queen of the Dead told my reservations to fuck off, Court of the Dead line sealed my fate.

N̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶£̶5̶0̶0̶ -The Berserk statues are how much? Fuck it I'm still in. I've been a fan since 1996/97 (when ever the tv show came out) and used to video tape trade to watch it...

Not doing so well in that department...

dani_dc

Any good places to hunt for deals in Tokyo?

Also, anywhere in particular to look for Samus figma (besides random Akibahara stores, haven't had luck in those)?

What I sent NY regarding the Muramasa body:

Will be interesting to see if they bother with a new response, or send out the same one they sent everyone else.

As for rules I've had and rules I've broken:

Not doing so well in that department...
that list :O
Any good places to hunt for deals in Tokyo?

Also, anywhere in particular to look for Samus figma (besides random Akibahara stores, haven't had luck in those)?
Nakano Broadway! tbh I wasted more money there compared to Akiba when I went to Tokyo last December

Unsure about the Star Wars Nendos. Pretty sure I will buy a Stormtrooper for myself, might buy the Vader and give it to my Dad for Christmas. I think he would love it, plus it would be a good compliment for the Isabelle Nendo I gave my Mom last year.

Also got this email from Ami today.

Got the same email. Very classy of them.

omlet

The only rules I had when I started collecting were these:
- Scales only
- No lewd

That has since changed, but not very much. After getting a handful of figures that could be considered mildly lewd and getting nendoctrinated, the rules are now:
- Scales and nendos only
- No nude (this means that cast-off figures are still fair game with their clothes on!)

I never sat "rules" for myself about specific characters or franchises. I was wise enough even as a newbie collector to know better than to bother with that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think I've ever had rules. The nearest is characters from shows I've seen, but that's not really a rule just a fact that I'm always going to lean towards a character I already know. I bought the Sakura nendo and I've not actually seen Card Captors.

I guess no lewds could be one. Don't want to break my mother's heart lol.

Theonik

I don't think I've ever had rules. The nearest is characters from shows I've seen, but that's not really a rule just a fact that I'm always going to lean towards a character I already know. I bought the Sakura nendo and I've not actually seen Card Captors.

I guess no lewds could be one. Don't want to break my mother's heart lol.
"Have ye ben messing with them plastic lasses BGBW?"

dani_dc

Nakano Broadway! tbh I wasted more money there compared to Akiba when I went to Tokyo last December
Thanks, seems like I can get there in 30 minutes by train, I'll go there when I have some more free time.
Any other suggestions would also be welcomed.

Don Quijote store here is selling Brook most recent PoP for under 3k yens.
Don't care much for Brook, but still tempted.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm very, very proud of you.

LOL If I had more space, and money all my "rules" would topple.

I already broke many rules when I started, so the ones left are:

I'll break that no griffon rule for you when I find this:
For a price I'm willing to pay.

Dear figure makers,
If I'm telling you to have restraint then you've gone too far.
Sincerely,
Homer Simpson

When Settin says it's too much... It's too much...

The only rules I had when I started collecting were these:
- Scales only
- No lewd

That has since changed, but not very much. After getting a handful of figures that could be considered mildly lewd and getting nendoctrinated, the rules are now:
- Scales and nendos only
- No nude (this means that cast-off figures are still fair game with their clothes on!)

I never sat "rules" for myself about specific characters or franchises. I was wise enough even as a newbie collector to know better than to bother with that.

Nendoctrinated - the state your find yourself in after you let go of your pumpkin headed dwarf inhibitions...

Followed by:

Broke - the state you find your wallet in after letting go of your pumpkin headed dwarf inhibitions...

rules lol

My rules were all things I said out loud to my wife at one point or another, and she's the one who tries to keep them in stone... You'll know what I'm talking about soon enough...

"Not her, not my girl, it'll be roses and sunshine, forever and ever..."
LOL

my rules are all stemmed from buying what I want. No matter how much I like a figure, I don't actually want it unless I have an attachment to the character.

My only extra rule is avoiding things that are a too lewd (Makoto Nanaya blazblue figure). That rule probably has numbered days I would imagine.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yet with nippon-yasan and the Muramasa cast off body issue:

This is what folks are being told:

But BIJ are promising customers they will send the bodies with their next shippable orders:

I'm gonna send NY an email after I take my son to nursery to see if they are gonna try to do anything on this issue at all. I'll glady pay for shipping the extra body, but they need to get them for us that bought her from them...

That said BIJ need to be higher on my list of places to buy from...

This is really disappointing to hear from N-Y. They really need to step up their game with support.

I want my replacement body. :(

Einbroch

Banned
My rules were all things I said out loud to my wife at one point or another, and she's the one who tries to keep them in stone... You'll know what I'm talking about soon enough...

"Not her, not my girl, it'll be roses and sunshine, forever and ever..."
LOL

My only rule is my budget. 15k a month.

fSiidDC.png

Doing pretty good, I'd say.
fucking lol

johnsmith

remember me
I find it hard to believe that I might have a bigger stick up my butt then you over figure accuracy, as I'd have pre-ordered the Vertex Yukari had I played Persona 3, even if her face is a bit off she's at least colored right...

Well the faces on both Catherine and Junko are perfect, and to me that's the most important feature. Yukari's face is fugly.

SoldnerKei

My only rule going into this was only characters I know and am invested in. That went right out the fucking window with Samurai recolor.

I stil have to break that rule... I broke my no nendos/no figmas rule thou... and everyday I am closer to break my not over-the-top-lewd figures rule

Bloodember

It went out the window when you bought your first one ;)

See, this is how it starts and it becomes harder and harder to quit since they increase in value the more you have. (dat inter-operability)

In this hobby it seems we all break our rules, sooner or later. And "no Nendos" is an excellent rule to break :)

ahahahaha.wav

I still don't break my 'rule' and I don't see it will be broken :3

Yeah, rule was broke on the first one, but tried to stay after, rule is gone now. The only other "rule" I guess I have is I try to stick with comic related figures (Mostly DC), Miku, and stuff I know what it is, sometimes i stray from that when I see a figure that speaks to me in some way and I gotta have it. Native Creators Sasaski was that way, it's also how I started collecting Miku figures, and now the Sabre figure.

I think I know.

And what would that be?

she looks great, that's what it is.

We'll go with this.

Trying not to buy any Ship Girls though, but Wo Class 1/7 scale is awesome, that god she's sold out everywhere I have looked.

RMI

Banned
My only rule going into this was only characters I know and am invested in. That went right out the fucking window with Samurai recolor.

I think this is the one rule I've managed to not break so far. Though my definition of "know and am invested in" is maybe a bit loose. Samurai has definitely tempted me in that regard.

*Somewhere, in a dark room*

- Sir, we just got a package saying it costs 1000 yen. We can't tax 1000 yen, it is just 8 dollars.

- Screw that, tax it. Put 30 dollars as the real value and tax the shit out of it.

- Wow sir, you are a genius.

- That's why I am your boss. Lets go for a drink after this.

Meanwhile...

Me: Holy shit, why are they undertaxing it? I guess I got lucky this time.

To those that didn't understand: I just got a package from Mandarake, they declared the value at 1000 yen. However the government here put the real value at 30 dollars and taxed me. Joke's on them, the product was more than that.

I'll post pictures of my Aigis soon.

*Somewhere, in a dark room*

- Sir, we just got a package saying it costs 1000 yen. We can't tax 1000 yen, it is just 8 dollars.

- Screw that, tax it. Put 30 dollars as the real value and tax the shit out of it.

- Wow sir, you are a genius.

- That's why I am your boss. Lets go for a drink after this.

Meanwhile...

Me: Holy shit, why are they undertaxing it? I guess I got lucky this time.

To those that didn't understand: I just got a package from Mandarake, they declared the value at 1000 yen. However the government here put the real value at 30 dollars and taxed me. Joke's on them, the product was more than that.

I'll post pictures of my Aigis soon.

wait... they can do that? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom