• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really Depends on the size of the figure. I've paid as low as $15 USD to as much as $35 USD for one figure.

Size and weight make all the difference. I've paid 5k shipping on a single figure, before. AmiAmi once had a GSC Princess of the Crystal marked down to 4k, but after the shipping, it came out to about 9k anyhow.

HItman84

Neo Member
Size and weight make all the difference. I've paid 5k shipping on a single figure, before. AmiAmi once had a GSC Princess of the Crystal marked down to 4k, but after the shipping, it came out to about 9k anyhow.

My Very first order of figures from Japan was from Jungle and Included Arshes Ni And Alter Selvaria. 6.5k Shipping EMS plus convenience fees. Was a hell of a jump into the hobby.
And that was last year when the Yen was Stronger(or was the USD Weaker?)

Acid08

Banned
I may have to start SALing some of my packages. Every dollar saved counts with all of these damn pre-orders in the next few months.

LiK

My Very first order of figures from Japan was from Jungle and Included Arshes Ni And Alter Selvaria. 6.5k Shipping EMS plus convenience fees. Was a hell of a jump into the hobby.
And that was last year when the Yen was Stronger(or was the USD Weaker?)

USD was weaker last year.

I may have to start SALing some of my packages. Every dollar saved counts with all of these damn pre-orders in the next few months.

Yup, Registered SAL baby

HItman84

Neo Member

Every time my mind goes there I regret it when the item doesn't for over 3 weeks.
I'm still waiting for the Samurai Recolor.

LiK

So far I only have one package I'm worried about. My Halo 2 P-A from AmiAmi was shipped out a month ago and still not here. Tracking says it departed Japan but still hasn't arrived in the States. I wonder if it's stuck in that damn port.

HItman84

Neo Member
Patience: zero

Packages: Trying to keep it to one a month. Taking a Manda break and just trying to keep everything at AmiAmi.

That's basically what I do. One shipment a month from Amiami. every now and then if I find someone on Manda or Jungle I really want I'll break down but it's pretty rare these days. 90% of stuff I order from the US is from Amazon so free shipping there thanks to prime.
The Scary part will be later this year when I get my first SideShow PF's and have no place to put them.

So far I only have one package I'm worried about. My Halo 2 P-A from AmiAmi was shipped out a month ago and still not here. Tracking says it departed Japan but still hasn't arrived in the States. I wonder if it's stuck in that damn port.

I can tell you that's what my Samurai Recolor shows as well and the "acceptance" entry in tracking was Fenuary 13th.

HItman84

Neo Member
Wow, sexy

Im gonna give it another week and then contact AmiAmi about it. Their site says Registered SAL can take up to 2-6 weeks so I don't think I can get much help from them until after that period of time.

I've only ordered one other figure Registered sal(for the life of me can't remember which it was, I'm thinking a BRS or Alyssa Godeater) and it took a month, I contacted customs but they were no help. Then finally one day it just showed up and 5 entries were entered into the tracking on the same day.

Acid08

Banned

Does SAL not travel by air? If it does then it shouldn't be held up by any port stuff.

HItman84

Neo Member
Does SAL not travel by air? If it does then it shouldn't be held up by any port stuff.

I get the feeling(No evidence of such) it just isn't a priority when it arrives in the country.
All the packages are unloaded into a container or something and they just get to it as time allows from the express stuff?

johnsmith

remember me
MbMa38n.gif

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Figure was a lot nicer than I was expecting. While the plastic shell-sealing lines are more obvious than they are on figmas, the poseability is great (you can even coil and rotate the fingers) and the paint quality is spot-on. Only major complaints about the figure are the poor ankle articulation (kind of inevitable with the character design, though) and the rather ghetto-looking support claw you have to stick him to. Otherwise pretty ace, especially considering how cheap it is on Amiami (2500 Yen without shipping)

Also, the pokeball base is sexy. (Hard to tell in this shot, but the base is actually partially holographic)

I'm really tempted to pre-order the Yoshi S.H. Figuarts coming out soon now.

Yeah I was skeptical on Mega Blaziken too. I have all the other D-Arts/SH Figuarts in the Pokemon set, and this one looked meh as a stock photo. Glad I was wrong! I still think the worst one was Mewtwo, and only because his fingers fell off SO easily, and were a pain to put back on :/ Still looks nice though!

Giolon

I've had my EMS package sitting at a post office in Tokyo for a week now. I e-mailed AmiAmi and they tried to blame it on the weather in Chicago and New York, but living in California not once has a package ever come through customs that way. They always come in via Los Angeles or San Francisco.

kewlmyc

I've had my EMS package sitting at a post office in Tokyo for a week now. I e-mailed AmiAmi and they tried to blame it on the weather in Chicago and New York, but living in California not once has a package ever come through customs that way. They always come in via Los Angeles or San Francisco.

My EMS package from China is doing the exact thing. I feel you're pain.

Also, a new kind of Saber has been announced: Majin Saber aka Brown Saber.

2h5YTH8.jpg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
yeb1kVr.gif

She's found a good home.

I know, and you'll take some pictures when you get her...

My EMS package from China is doing the exact thing. I feel you're pain.

Also, a new kind of Saber has been announced: Majin Saber aka Brown Saber.

2h5YTH8.jpg

Whoa a Saber with boobs.
Might end up with one after all...

-----------------------

So Anime Jungle have one of the Junko prize figures up for 5.4k, and Mandarake had the Algernon Product one for 6k... Even after my bitching about hair color, I had to go with the Algernon one, now to wait to see if I get her or not, it's all in the figure gods hands now...

Also saw a Kongou nendo on amiami pre-owned but I thought about it too long and it was gone before I made up my mind. Again I just want her battle damaged look and to have her surrounded by abyssals.

Nendo or Scale the battle rages on...

kewlmyc

Whoa a Saber with boobs.
Might end up with one after all...

If that's what will make you buy a Saber then look into Saber Extra and Saber Bride. Seems right up your alley.

http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?character_strict=1&character_id=4352
http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?character_strict=1&character_id=30486

She really is Miku levels of character pushing at this point. Hell maybe even worse, since Miku doesn't have like 7 different versions of the same character.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
If that's what will make you buy a Saber then look into Saber Extra and Saber Bride. Seems right up your alley.

http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?character_strict=1&character_id=4352
http://myfigurecollection.net/search.php?character_strict=1&character_id=30486

She really is Miku levels of character pushing at this point. Hell maybe even worse, since Miku doesn't have like 7 different versions of the same character.

It's not just "boobs", I always look at the overall figure, and I guess I just hate her face in most of them, and find her too short looking.

The only ones I've liked thus far are these two:

But I don't like her face, and she looks too short.

Nothing really wrong with this one, but again big head, little body.

That image you posted on brown saber though, all those red tassels. longer hair flowing and color scheme look great, the boobs are the icing on the cake for a hopefully nice looking figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom