• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Ha I took your advice and now I'm watching the first Berserk movie. Gotta say that the CGI is ruining it for me though.

Awesome, the CG can be jarring, but the budget couldn't get those battle scenes across without CG. The original TV show had tons of still images just floating across the screen, instead of CG, so on one hand I hate the CG on the other hand I do understand why they did it.

So the third Berserk film is pretty fucked up. Not sure I want to read through all 30+ volumes of the manga but I need more.

It's worth it, the movies are pale imitations of what actually transpired, only highlighting key moments between Guts and Griffith, the manga is why I'm willing to shell out thousands for statues.

That you've seen the movies will help get through the first dozen or so chapters of Berserk before Muria found his footing, the early chapters are a bit rough around the edges.

Awesome, I'll be interested to hear what you think once you get to the end of the series.
You won't buy Kamina but you'll shell out for Alter Yoko? Did you somehow find it for under $300 somewhere?
The Gurren Lagann robot figs are great dude. It's a shame that most of them are revoltechs but they still look great all things considered.

In stock Kamina figures were around 60k, the in stock Yoko figures are around 30k each from what I've seen, maybe I can find a Kamina pre-owned but for now 60k for a pvc is not happening.

What's the timeline for Berserk? Anime and movies I mean.
The tv show and the movie tell the same story, the tv show gives you more insight into all the characters so that the ending has more gravitas, more world building and characterizations, the movies only highlight the events focusing on the bromance between Guts and Griffith cutting back on everything else.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Ahhhrggh, another mandarake order canceled email, that's like my 5th straight one. I feel like a gambler on a losing streak...

Edit: Ok Phat Kirigiri ordered from amazon.jp for £50 shipped + tax included, instead...

Settin

Finished Gurren.....why does every figure have to be so expensive now :( I would love a Yoko and Nia figure.

image.php

Thanks, my Kobato collection is steadily growing. Awhile back I stumbled upon a user on mfc who in my opinion has the most amazing Kobato collection so I decided they were my rival (They have no clue lol) and I shall not be outdone lol

Haha, that's funny. Good luck on your quest, hopefully you'll be able to beat him/her.

Haha, that's funny. Good luck on your quest, hopefully you'll be able to beat him/her.

Thanks! Though the holy grail item ive been looking for for over a year I've yet to have any luck finding not even a listing =/ would pay a pretty penny for it too but I'll keep searching!

taoofjord

I just finished putting the RG RX-78-2 together. Haven't done the decals or top coat yet but I was really surprised at how great it looks without them:

The jury is out on panel lining. I've seen a bunch of pictures of kits ruined by bad panel lining. And then it seems that no matter how careful you get it'll never look crisp and evenly saturated.

And here's a bonus picture of Lupin III and Jigen:

Good pics. I would say only do the panel lining of you are confident in it. The RG rx 78 looks fine without it. If you plan on getting more gunpla I would suggest to get some HG kits to practice panel lining. Getting good at it will pay off.

Dice//

Banned
Dear Fig Gaf. I got a question.

I lost interesting in an AmiAmi preorder and someone else wants it. Any trick or method to preorder transferring??? =/

Yaari

Helped someone out and was offered a Nendo for doing so, so I managed to still get a pre-order in for Noel. Happy cause she's great.

update

Kos Mos Swimsuit (alter)

Ohmygoditsjrod has dips on the persona figmas

Vlaphor has dibs on BW and Xmas Elizabeth

Omegabalmung9 has 2nd dibs if Vlaphor declines on BW

properpropaganda based on timestamps then Fatal Futanari has dibs on sonico

exemp30 got dibs on melty (edit) actually kierwynn called first dibs. Missed the post. quote the post please!

Anony has dibs on kyubei. Will get back to you on price.

Bloodember on both regular miku and good racing 2012 miku

properpropaganda on mikasa? or the AoT set? will need to figure that out and will edit

Will work on finalizing prices and shipping. Might take a bit due to not being able to drive but will do my best to get it out. No payment until the day before shipping or day of to be fair. Paypal.

edit2

Working on prices for Black Widow, Kyubei and GSC Miku

AoT figmas should be 30 per each... but if you want the whole set I'll cut it to 75 so you save 15 bucks. + shipping. First dibs to properpropaganda.

How much did you end up paying for Chitoge?

Real answer:
More than I'm prepared to admit. In all seriousness, it was dumb and I probably shouldn't have done it as a rerelease is practically guaranteed just because I bought her on the open market. I got itchy feet with S2 just around the corner, that's all it was. I couldn't leave it to chance because I've already convinced myself that interest in the show would spark a raft of people playing catch-up (like I currently am) for buying Nisekoi goods.

Settin

Real answer:
More than I'm prepared to admit. In all seriousness, it was dumb and I probably shouldn't have done it as a rerelease is practically guaranteed just because I bought her on the open market. I got itchy feet with S2 just around the corner, that's all it was. I couldn't leave it to chance because I've already convinced myself that interest in the show would spark a raft of people playing catch-up (like I currently am) for buying Nisekoi goods.

Ay I just paid 3k over msrp for towel girl. This is a safe environment.

Acid08

Banned
Real answer:
LOL

You are a brave man. Her prices are insane....though I'm not pretending like I wouldn't pay them if I could afford it. Just waiting on a re-release now.

The only Nisekoi figure I would pay more than MSRP for is an Onodera one, but all the ones she currently have are bad, and I don't really like nendos.

Bombless

I've had to separate Woody from Bayonetta today. Hopefully he won't hate me for it. I'll have to give him a better waifu once I set him up in the new place, to make amends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom