• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
KAGwI5F.gif

whoah, new improved Toradora gif :D

SerTapTap

Kazzy

I'm here sort of to hopefully give you guys a nudge in the right direction.

I appreciate this post.

I've wanted to participate more in this thread, but haven't for various reasons, some of which were mentioned in this post.

Just to be clear, I never one who complained about this community, but it was skirting dangerously close, I won't lie.

Theonik

I appreciate this post.

I've wanted to participate more in this thread, but haven't for various reasons, some of which were mentioned in this post.

Just to be clear, I never one who complained about this community, but it was skirting dangerously close, I won't lie.
Sure
13480608041451c1sjg.gif

souhait

Neo Member
So it looks like Big in Japan cancelled a bunch of orders for Sega's Shinji & Kaworu prize figures if people didn't pay upfront, a lot MFC users are not happy. Mine shipped this morning, but I did have a bad feeling when there was no news about them after they were released last Friday. Looks like BiJ counted their Kaworus before they
were decapitated
. If anyone's looking to preorder a potentially popular Sega prize from BiJ in the future, it looks like paying upfront is the way to go.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I must ask one question, even though I don't expect much of a reply, because my brain doesn't function at a high enough level to understand this, and I wish to increase my knowledge and understanding points (
OK I'm playing too much persona 4
):

Why would anyone want to be a part of a community they have to see neutered to feel like they can post in it?

Because figure collecting isn't about lewd 50% of the time.
more like 25%

and i say this as somebody who owns native and orchid seed figures lol

Edit referring to Japanese figures

I must ask one question, even though I don't expect much of a reply, because my brain doesn't function at a high enough level to understand this, and I wish to increase my knowledge and understanding points (
):

Why would anyone want to be a part of a community they have to see neutered to feel like they can post in it?

I agree, but discussing it further will only bring a mod in here so it's probably best if we move on.

Vito

Banned
So it looks like Big in Japan cancelled a bunch of orders for Sega's Shinji & Kaworu prize figures if people didn't pay upfront, a lot MFC users are not happy. Mine shipped this morning, but I did have a bad feeling when there was no news about them after they were released last Friday. Looks like BiJ counted their Kaworus before they
were decapitated
. If anyone's looking to preorder a potentially popular Sega prize from BiJ in the future, it looks like paying upfront is the way to go.

Could be they got lower stock vs what they ordered and they probably put the prepay orders on priority so they didn't need to bother with refunds.

Doing figure bridge financing starting at 30% interest rates.

I'm asking for charity. Oh god what do I do, I already passed on the Terra Formars Michelle cause it felt too pricey. There's also the upcoming Playma and Ryuuko preorders open in April. orz

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
that didn't take long. She looks great, btw. I haven't seen SAO2, is it as bad as everything from SAO past the first couple of episodes?

I wouldn't call sao2 a great anime, but it is very watchable. Definitely a huge jump from the original sao.

):

From reading that post, I think the main problem isn't the lewd figures, it is the hometown and life worshipping that we had going on for a few pages. We were just poking fun at ourselves, I guess some didn't find that funny. Or we went way too far and too long with the joke.

May be they felt this kind of discussion misrepresented the figure collecting community. May be the thread need to be sfw.

But yeah let's just move on.

kierwynn

So just ordered this.

198579.jpg

Gonna look great next to my Chaika. Huzzah for anime sniper girls! (what a very specific niche)

I actually like this one more than the Kotobukiya one. I probably won't preorder it as I have other figures I want more, but I'll probably look into getting it sometimes after it's released.

In other news, I was a bad girl and ordered this Menma figure I've been wanting. I probably should have waited but I couldn't resist anymore. Now to fight the urge to get the nendo, too...

kewlmyc

that didn't take long. She looks great, btw. I haven't seen SAO2, is it as bad as everything from SAO past the first couple of episodes?

I still stand by my statement
mostly
. Sinon is just the exception since Chaika was looking lonely by herself and both figures are snipers made by Aquamarine. :p

Haven't seen SAO2, since I dropped SAO at episode 7 of the first season, but I might eventually check out the Gun Gale Online arc of SAO2 for Sinon and that's it.

kierwynn

It's Menma. You're never bad if you order Menma.

Also, her Nendo is HNNNG. One of the cutest Nendos.

It really is- that's what's making it so hard to resist! My birthday is next month, so I'm trying to hold out since I've been hinting to my siblings that someone needs to get it for me. (Plus my fiance would probably cry if I made another unplanned purchase lol)

Doesn't she list for some serious monies? Like the 20k range?

She's 15kish on amazon.jp I believe- I got her used from someone for closer to the 10k range, so I'm okay with that.

SerTapTap

you all and your gifs

):

I don't really get that mentality, no. I don't personally plan to change my behavior either way as I don't really think anything I was doing is at fault. And if it were I'd rather get yelled at or worse and stop doing it entirely than try and self-censor.

I wouldn't fuss about it too much, just keep embedded images SFW

):

All the mod said was to scale back the perv fests, which was good advice anyway. We do sometimes get carried away with the perv banter for pages at a time. He didn't say perv jokes are outlawed. Also be happy it was stomp and not duckroll. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom