• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierwynn

So, I finally decided to try and assemble this Mitsuru after having had her since release and not taken her out of her box and good lord, what a pain.

First, I tried putting her on her base, but it seemed like her other foot wouldn't reach its peg. When I tried to pull her off her base so I could look at it more closely, her leg popped right out of her foot. I put it back on but it kept falling off her (I'll have to super glue it later if it ever presents an issue) and I had to have my fiance hold her one foot so I could stretch her over to reach the other one (which luckily worked and I didn't have to try heating it and stretching it). Then I went to pull her arm off to put her coat on and it did not want to come off (funny how her foot came off so easily but not her arm)- after we finally got that off, it took both of us to get the coat on. lol She's finally assembled, but idk where he big support goes, so I just kinda guessed. If I didn't like Mitsuru so much, I woulda given up. lol

So, I finally decided to try and assemble this Mitsuru after having had her since release and not taken her out of her box and good lord, what a pain.

First, I tried putting her on her base, but it seemed like her other foot wouldn't reach its peg. When I tried to pull her off her base so I could look at it more closely, her leg popped right out of her foot. I put it back on but it kept falling off her (I'll have to super glue it later if it ever presents an issue) and I had to have my fiance hold her one foot so I could stretch her over to reach the other one (which luckily worked and I didn't have to try heating it and stretching it). Then I went to pull her arm off to put her coat on and it did not want to come off (funny how her foot came off so easily but not her arm)- after we finally got that off, it took both of us to get the coat on. lol She's finally assembled, but idk where he big support goes, so I just kinda guessed. If I didn't like Mitsuru so much, I woulda given up. lol
raging was telling me that thats a common issue with that figure, and people were applying heat to permanently adjust the leg

Good idea. If I did that though Im afraid it would get out of control.

Yeah, I'm still in the beginning of getting nendo's. I started out disliking them entirely but they've grown on me a bit. Scales will almost my my most liked, important collecting part but as of right now I'm getting nendo's of my favorite characters like Haganai, Love Live, etc.. or nendo's that are just too cute to pass up like the Noel nendoroid. How I wish there were Tales of nendo's :'( GSC name your offerings!

kierwynn

raging was telling me that thats a common issue with that figure, and people were applying heat to permanently adjust the leg

I was going to try that next if I couldn't get her onto her peg, but luckily she stretched enough to fit. I'll probably try and apply some heat anyway just to kinda help it out, especially since the leg and foot aren't really stuck together well atm and I don't want the leg to pop out.

Yeah, I'm still in the beginning of getting nendo's. I started out disliking them entirely but they've grown on me a bit. Scales will almost my my most liked, important collecting part but as of right now I'm getting nendo's of my favorite characters like Haganai, Love Live, etc.. or nendo's that are just too cute to pass up like the Noel nendoroid. How I wish there were Tales of nendo's :'( GSC name your offerings!

I'm in a similar situation- I only have 4 nendos to my name (well 5 counting my fiance's Snake nendo) and I was never too crazy about them. I recently started really messing with them and I've come to appreciate them far more and totally want to start collecting them more when I have the money. And yes, what I wouldn't give for Tales nendos! The nendo petits aren't enough!

cajunator

Banned

same here. I wasnt fond of them until I bought a Millhi and a Yuno one to start and I was like OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEE
Then I ordered like 30 of them.

._.

LiK

FUCKING AMAZON RESELLER. Ordered March 7. Estimated shipping is March 16-20. It's March 20 in Japan and still Preparing Shipment. How long does it fucking take to ship a damn iPhone case? I need them to ship it to BiJ! Man, if they weren't the only sellers for this case I would've just chosen Amazon directly.

Is it easy to cancel my Forwarding ticket order with BiJ? If this doesn't get shipped after deadline, I'm just gonna cancel the Amazon order.

no one knows? guess i'll find out later.

same with mine on the foot. Didn't bother with the coat. She is stable enough with just one foot in the peg.

Its probably best to heat and stretch it. You don't want the force to eventually snap off the pegs.

yep. Both her foot are stable if one foot is pegged but they both won't fit naturally. Gotta stretch the leg with heat imo. You can do it without heat but I would be afraid of the constant pressure would snap off the peg since they are plastic pegs and not metal.

cajunator

Banned
She really is adorable- I try not to preorder things for stuff I'm not familiar with, but she was just too cute to pass up.

Yeah just go ahead order her. You wont be disappointed at all.

This is the Kurumi DAL nendoroid which arrived last week
FIGURE-008827.jpg

I remember trying to make an MFC profile once. Then I got super depressed when I started looking for entries of stuff that I have, and decided not to.

Muzicfreq

Banned
On MFC now >.< dammit you guys.
love you all though

I wonder if there will be Splatoon amiibos which might end up being my next ones.

LiK

my MFC is severly inaccurate. it doesn't show what i actually own since i got tired of trying to add figures through their clunky UI/search and their database doesn't have a lot of older figures i own as well as missing a lot of 1/6 figures as well. i've been collecting figures since i was young and i never sold or gave away my stuff. it's a pretty large crazy collection with most in storage. i should just delete everything and only upload figure photos once i get started on that.

Ayyy Freeza, just noticed that you have Koto's Rachel from Ninja Gaiden. I saw her quite a while ago, how is she?

Did Kotobukiya make it? I bought it years ago before I was really into figure collecting as a hobby (just like Alter's Motoko Kusanagi fufufufufufu). She's pretty big, even for a 1/6. The sculpting job is solid too. There are so many animu figures out there, you forget how well realistic facial sculpting can turn out.

I'm in a similar situation- I only have 4 nendos to my name (well 5 counting my fiance's Snake nendo) and I was never too crazy about them. I recently started really messing with them and I've come to appreciate them far more and totally want to start collecting them more when I have the money. And yes, what I wouldn't give for Tales nendos! The nendo petits aren't enough!

Yeah I only have 8 at the moment, 4 haganai ones, 3 love live (Eli will be in with my March order) and then the poor lone Totori nendo who sadly wishes Meruru or Rorona was made too. Though Im refusing to open the Love Live nendo's until I own all 3 so it's a painful waiting process. Yeah I love Alter's Lloyd but I wish his swords were the material blades instead of the normal default swords, a nendo could have all kinds of things. I just hope Alter makes a Jade scale one day. I refuse to give up that dream! lol

same here. I wasnt fond of them until I bought a Millhi and a Yuno one to start and I was like OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEE
Then I ordered like 30 of them.
._.

Yeah they are cute, might have a to make a shelf just for them one day lol

Femto.

Did Kotobukiya make it? I bought it years ago before I was really into figure collecting as a hobby (just like Alter's Motoko Kusanagi fufufufufufu). She's pretty big, even for a 1/6. The sculpting job is solid too. There are so many animu figures out there, you forget how well realistic facial sculpting can turn out.

Nice, yeah Koto did. I haven't really bothered looking into getting her because her hair looked odd to me in the pics but I'll take your word for it.

I've noticed that I have become rather picky about little details on figs, is being a figure snob a thing? heh

kierwynn

Yeah just go ahead order her. You wont be disappointed at all.

Oh, I did! lol She's just too cute- I'd regret not getting her.

Yeah I only have 8 at the moment, 4 haganai ones, 3 love live (Eli will be in with my March order) and then the poor lone Totori nendo who sadly wishes Meruru or Rorona was made too. Though Im refusing to open the Love Live nendo's until I own all 3 so it's a painful waiting process. Yeah I love Alter's Lloyd but I wish his swords were the material blades instead of the normal default swords, a nendo could have all kinds of things. I just hope Alter makes a Jade scale one day. I refuse to give up that dream! lol

I actually didn't get the Love Live ones because I wasn't sure I would keep going with nendos at the time- I'll get them all later- hopefully prices won't be too much once I am able to. I'm actually not getting Lloyd just yet (I'm not working for the semester, so money is tighter til I graduate in May and I wanted Luke and Asbel more), but one day. My most wanted scales would be Sophie and Cheria- I really want that Cheria prize figure, but I keep missing her (I actually missed her like an hour ago for 4k and I'm super salty lol)

same with mine on the foot. Didn't bother with the coat. She is stable enough with just one foot in the peg.

Its probably best to heat and stretch it. You don't want the force to eventually snap off the pegs.

yep. Both her foot are stable if one foot is pegged but they both won't fit naturally. Gotta stretch the leg with heat imo. You can do it without heat but I would be afraid of the constant pressure would snap off the peg since they are plastic pegs and not metal.

Yeah, I applied heat anyway just to be safe (I had to resort to it anyway to get her sword into her hand). Finally, she's together! What a pain. lol

I still have zero idea where that taller support goes, but that is where it felt it gave the most support so whatever, I'm going with it. lol My fiance and I are going to be moving before the end of the year and I think I'll just carry her
and Ultimate Madoka
rather than try to unassemble her. I dread when dusting time comes...
I probably shouldn't be unboxing things, either, because of that but it probably won't be until the very end of the year, so I wanna enjoy my figures until then!

IMO DETOLF is not really ideal for small figures because the shelves are not adjustable. There is over a foot of air between DETOLF shelves so small figures leave lots of unused space.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but...acrylic risers look pretty darn good in Detolfs.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083R3DHO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

These next ones were custom built. Info at this thread... http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2548296#p2548296

WP_0016792.jpg

Another random photo off the net...

DSC00688.jpg

I actually didn't get the Love Live ones because I wasn't sure I would keep going with nendos at the time- I'll get them all later- hopefully prices won't be too much once I am able to. I'm actually not getting Lloyd just yet (I'm not working for the semester, so money is tighter til I graduate in May and I wanted Luke and Asbel more), but one day. My most wanted scales would be Sophie and Cheria- I really want that Cheria prize figure, but I keep missing her (I actually missed her like an hour ago for 4k and I'm super salty lol)

I didn't think i'd get them all at first but they released my top 3 favorites in a row (Kotori, Honoka and Nico) then Eli and Rin which I like and thats 5/9 so I figured what the heck might as well get them all lol I'd love a sophie or Cheria figures, heck anything from graces I'd love. Graces F is my second favorite tales of game (behind symphonia) sad to see it get so much hate though but the Asbel figure is really stunning, I might have to get a spare and maybe display each one with different eyes lol Sorry to hear about missing cheria though.

On a side note my MFC loot post made it into the readers choice selection :D it's got 39 likes and 1 dislike which one of you is the one who disliked it?
Pw7Q8Qi.gif

lol

Bloodember

Looking forward to it. I enjoy seeing how diverse everyone's collections are.

I do wish they allowed some non-Japan items on there, though. Like Sideshow pieces and DCC statues.

Yeah, same here, most of my collection probably won't be in the database. So far a few haven't like Grace from Soulfire.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Because there are some things you just don't want to know.

truthuuu9v.jpg

If it make you feel any better, I am in the 30s club too. Even if I live to 90, 1/3 of my life is gone.

Time go by so fast, it is scary.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but...acrylic risers look pretty darn good in Detolfs.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083R3DHO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
;

I read that baseball card case made pretty awesome riser for figures.

Keripo1354520098.jpeg

You can also glue the divider to display CD

Keripo1354520237.jpeg

The full post is here http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/5503

LiK

If it make you feel any better, I am in the 30s club too. Even if I live to 90, 1/3 of my life is gone.

Time go by so fast, it is scary.

everyone is an adult here. i'd be pissed if people are teens spending so much cash on figures. i would hate you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom