• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Dude, like, wo, finally. Almost all of my February orders are in now. Madoka scale to finish the set is at the PO as of this afternoon and the other package (haganai nendos) is in NY en route.
QW1c0pc.jpg

GMEDEJS.jpg

Erica and Akechi nendos were actually a March order from Jungle, but whatever.

And man, I knew the Rabu Raibu nendos were skimpy on extras but good grief I didn't realize they were so skimpy that Nico's box isn't even normal size. Wasn't planning on buying any more LL nendos but had I been on the fence about it, this would put the nail in the coffin.

Dude, like, wo, finally. Almost all of my February orders are in now. Madoka scale to finish the set is at the PO as of this afternoon and the other package (haganai nendos) is in NY en route.

And man, I knew the Rabu Raibu nendos were skimpy on extras but good grief I didn't realize they were so skimpy that Nico's box isn't even normal size. Wasn't planning on buying any more LL nendos but had I been on the fence about it, this would put the nail in the coffin.

Nice collection, Madoka overload.

SerTapTap

Not bad...wait who's the girl with the PS logo on the box?

Acid08

Banned

Awesome haul! Those Sayaka and Kyoko nendos <3

And yeah, the LL nendos come with almost nothing. At least the figmas look like they're going to come with a few accessories.

Hey Acid you are looking for the K-On Figmas right? Amazon has them for around $40 each with free shipping. Unless you were just looking to get them super cheap.

Acid08

Banned
Hey Acid you are looking for the K-On Figmas right? Amazon has them for around $40 each with free shipping. Unless you were just looking to get them super cheap.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm not opposed to spending that much for them but I was trying to get them all on AmiAmi since I already have orders there. They'll be cheaper too. Downside is, like last night, I missed out on three of them when they went up :/

That looks like a good day. Nice haul.

RMI

Banned

Awesome haul, congrats on the Madoka scales, I love mine.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just got back home from work and found those, no better way to start a weekend :)
Oh, and Juri paid for. Now to wait.

Awesome, take some pics, like Widow beating his bionic ass!!!

Back from lunch break and my trip to the post office to pick up most of the rest of my February order and one March order (7 nendos and 3 scales in 7 different boxes, thanks mandarake). My car's trunk is totally full now.

Delivery times for these items (in days) were as follows: 42, 39, 38, 37, 37, 31, 12. There must have been a big SAL backlog last month or something.

One more scale and 2 more nendos to go for all my February stuff!

Now to endure the rest of the day at work... I'm all anticipatey...

A bowl of warm water is the secret to tricky nendo parts.

That trunk is filled, I say, filled to the brim, good job.

oh! I got my Amaha Masane (Witchblade) in the mail today. This one:

Mmmmm. That completely non-lewd booty. I can't believe she actually popped up, considering she came out in 2007 and is from an anime based on a comic book.

Ok, I want her now, wasn't a fan of the anime but I am a fan of that b&#822;o&#822;o&#822;t&#822;y&#822;,&#822; &#822;m&#822;i&#822;l&#822;f&#822; &#822;b&#822;u&#822;t&#822;t&#822;.

Everything is wo. Enjoy putting her together she's one of a kind...

uh oh, guys. I think I'm starting to rethink those TMNT statues GSC is putting out. :O

I don't wanna pay $130 x 4 when I've got higher priorities like that sexy Sideshow Black Cat.

Thanks. Do the 4th season mean they get older? Because I saw some pictures and they look kinda young to be idols.

lol, no
It just means it becomes about idols instead of the original premise of bumbling detectives somehow solving cases and trying to regain their magical detective powers

It really loses its identity by the 3rd season and the 4th season really isn't just the same as the first 2

yami4ct

I hope I can get this one day
They really need to make more figures of male videogame characters, or at least ones that are better than the ones we have.

Nintendo seems to be doing pretty well at this. The Mario Figuarts, Metroid/Zelda/Fire Emblem Figmas and the Zelda and Pokemon Nendos all seem pretty great. Wish more companies would follow suit and give their stuff to one of the manufacturers that can actually make good stuff instead of the Play Arts crap.

lol, no
It just means it becomes about idols instead of the original premise of bumbling detectives somehow solving cases and trying to regain their magical detective powers

It really loses its identity by the 3rd season and the 4th season really isn't just the same as the first 2

Oh ok, thanks.

Nintendo seems to be doing pretty well at this. The Mario Figuarts, Metroid/Zelda/Fire Emblem Figmas and the Zelda and Pokemon Nendos all seem pretty great. Wish more companies would follow suit and give their stuff to one of the manufacturers that can actually make good stuff instead of the Play Arts crap.

As soon as they give me a Roy figma or something resembling a good figure, I'm all over it.

Railyn

Neo Member
God, you guys post so fast. I don't remember struggling so much to at least skim the convos and discussions in the previous OTs! xD

550B81A43E695D002F

Love Live! fans collecting the set will be broke..

I've been playing the game...and I can honestly say now I'm interested in them. T_T This Eli is adorable. Don't know if I'll crack and start collecting any LL figures...I still haven't bitten on Wo-Class, and I REALLY like her.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but...acrylic risers look pretty darn good in Detolfs.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083R3DHO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I really love how organized this makes things...Will have to get some since my nendoroid collection is starting to grow...

I know this thread mores fast, so sorry if it's already been discussed. :( I lurk in this thread a lot. The lewd stuff are jokes to me. I rolled my eyes as much as I laughed. But you can't be in this hobby without acknowledging that sexy figures exist. And, to me, it's okay that they do. All you have to do is search a tumblr tag for, say, an otome game or an idol group to see how women act the same way towards ikemen or bishounen.

As a hot-blooded girl I want more sexy men (and thanks to fujoshi shows it seems like I'm getting more than I used to - yesssssss) but I know I'm a minority in that most figures will be female. Some sexy, some cute, some dramatic and powerful. The fun of the hobby is the variety. I own both western and eastern figures of all types, and it's the same stuff on both sides imo, in regards to sexuality in sculpture.

I can see how someone would feel excluded if they didn't want to take part in the lewd stuff because sometimes it went on for a page or so. But that's also a part of being excited about something in your hobby, which is something we can all at least relate to. So basically, what I'm saying is, share everything you like~ I like reading it (even if I don't respond because lol lurker) We're all figure fans here and I don't see why we need to alienate each other over tittens. Love and peace~ <3

Glad to see another! :D I knew I would be a minority going into this thread, but I at least knew there's a few who are looking for bishonen figures too. There's such a variety of collectors here. I've been getting a chance to see figures I wouldn't have seen through my normal browsing. I've definitely appreciated the figure release image dumps that have been happening since they've included everything including male figures, mechas, etc. I was pretty surprised to see a little discussion about Native picking up Aoba awhile back.

It's just nice to appreciate figures here since IRL the people I know think figures are weird, don't have the money to dump toward such a hobby, or will flat out criticize my purchase decisions. I can't even talk about my May order to anyone IRL, lol.

I don't mind the lewd stuff. I'll appreciate the ones that are beautiful and well done, even if anatomically odd, as long as they're appealing. Honestly, the conversations here about hometown and life are tame compared to what I heard at my previous job. I haven't felt uncomfortable in here. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom