• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you got your Wonder Woman, but I don't see an avalanche of pics of her from you...

Fix this...

Coming right up! Enjoy. (Shulk amiibo for scale; also phone pics until I put money aside for better camera)

J4JCkU2.jpg

wpbLeCw.jpg

fJKV628.jpg

Ir7eNkq.jpg

lIu6yf3.jpg

nQuEehe.jpg

In the display (lights off)

vo1pLjB.jpg

In the display (lights on)

I meant to post pic earlier but had a bit of stuff going on and was waiting for the weekend. But since you asked, I decided, what the heck, give them what they want.

Ryuuroden

So I finally gave in and got the last seven sins figure I was missing that I wanted. I got the A/B Lucifer - black clothing version which, although I know some do not like, is my favorite recolor. Also helps that she was "only" 160 dollars or so which is way cheaper than trying to get the original. That brings me to 6 secondhand figures ordered in the last 3 weeks plus Wo, Ciel, and Mikasa, if they come out. Lol at all that spending.

It is going to have to be my last non pre-order figure that I buy for the next couple months because March is Lego store double points month and I would like to get two sets from 2013 that will cost me a total of 600 dollars plus pay for a lugbulk order that will cost near 500 dollars. Lol, almost makes me want to contact crunchyroll to cancel Ciel and Mikasa to get my money back, but that wouldn't make much of a dent and I still want them.

I think I will put together the spare detolf under my bed this weekend.

Ultimadrago

Skull Kid just arrived:

ib1X4kvago0Ca1.JPG

iwpKLRRvBHcCP.JPG

Not all that bad for a bonus figure. It's certainly no Agnès Oblige ;)

Thanks for the image. Looks nice in the images. I wasn't planning on getting the guy (or game) at first but an awesome Gaffer decided to sell the LE at cost on the BST thread recently so I bit. Should be coming in this Friday or Saturday.

Zerojul

As nice as it is, it's quite small, albeit nicely painted. I don't think it's worth 80€ tbh
Yeah no, that was sarcasm :p (no offense to anyone who might be interested in getting it for this price). As far as I'm concerned this kind of scalpers can go screw themselves.

Coming right up! Enjoy. (Shulk amiibo for scale; also phone pics until I put money aside for better camera)

I meant to post pic earlier but had a bit of stuff going on and was waiting for the weekend. But since you asked, I decided, what the heck, give them what they want.

Wow she is GORGEOUS (and I'm not even a fan of the character).

J4JCkU2.jpg

That is immense. Lucky on the cabinet clearance, not much overhead room!

Holy crap, how huge is your wall? She looks small there, but she's actually huge.

The space I have is limited since I'm only given access to one room to display my figures and statues. However, I'm very good at organizing and found/made the space. And yes, she is huge. She's 25.5 inches/ 64.77cm tall (that includes the massive base) and 21 inches/ 53.34cm wide (that's mostly the spear she's holding). She is, to date, the largest statue I own.

The space I have is limited since I'm only given access to one room to display my figures and statues. However, I'm very good at organizing and found/made the space. And yes, she is huge. She's 25.5 inches/ 64.77cm tall (that includes the massive base) and 21 inches/ 53.34cm wide (that's mostly the spear she's holding). She is, to date, the largest statue I own.

Damn. Thanks for the info.

That is immense. Lucky on the cabinet clearance, not much overhead room!

I made adjustments to my cabinet about a week before her arrival but she thwarted my expectations and was too tall even for the space I provided. I had to bring her shelf a bit further down just to give her enough room. I'm just glade she still looks good displayed despite the adjustments.

That's one crazy figure damn. I'm going to imagine it's really heavy too?

Not very heavy, heavier than most but manageable. It's just very cumbersome to carry as you're afraid to put too much pressure on any part for fear of damaging it. And the spear can get wobbly as hell. Holding and carrying from the base is the best and safest option.

the wonder woman is sweet, great pictures too and good job getting your display to work

Thanks.

Next up is the Power Girl Premium Format. I have her preordered but thankfully she won't arrive for some time. I can save my money again.
300204-power-girl-005.jpg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Yeah she looks great there, and immense like an amazon should be. Looks great in her case too.

So I finally gave in and got the last seven sins figure I was missing that I wanted. I got the A/B Lucifer - black clothing version which, although I know some do not like, is my favorite recolor. Also helps that she was "only" 160 dollars or so which is way cheaper than trying to get the original. That brings me to 6 secondhand figures ordered in the last 3 weeks plus Wo, Ciel, and Mikasa, if they come out. Lol at all that spending.

It is going to have to be my last non pre-order figure that I buy for the next couple months because March is Lego store double points month and I would like to get two sets from 2013 that will cost me a total of 600 dollars plus pay for a lugbulk order that will cost near 500 dollars. Lol, almost makes me want to contact crunchyroll to cancel Ciel and Mikasa to get my money back, but that wouldn't make much of a dent and I still want them.

I think I will put together the spare detolf under my bed this weekend.

Set up that Detolf, and post pics of your figure collection!

Looking back at the first photo you posted I can see how much you had to lower her shelf. That's why I didn't go for a triple besta unit in the end, Hellboy + Queen of the Dead + Kier wouldn't fit in that space no matter how I adjusted the shelves...

Where's Power Girl PF gonna go?

Not very heavy, heavier than most but manageable. It's just very cumbersome to carry as you're afraid to put too much pressure on any part for fear of damaging it. And the spear can get wobbly as hell. Holding and carrying from the base is the best and safest option.

Thanks.

Next up is the Power Girl Premium Format. I have her preordered but thankfully she won't arrive for some time. I can save my money again.
300204-power-girl-005.jpg

Christ I'm jealous. I have 1 sideshow statue and want more.I was eyeballing the Diablo for a long time and once I had the extra funds to be comfortable to get it, it had sold out like 2 days before

The wonder woman and the batgirl are probably the 2 I want the most. My wife also loves them but she can't justify that expenditure to herself. The batgirl is seriously perfect though.same how I feel about PG. Captures the character perfectly, Not a thing I would change

omlet

Dang, missed a 7k watamote nendo on mandarake last night... oh well, I really needed the sleep ~_~

I don't know why I'm drawn to Nendoroids, but I am. And the discovery of an Ultimate Madoka Nendo means I need it. Bad.

Because they're cute! Ultimate Madoka Nendo pops up now and then on Mandarake for 5-6k. I ordered one earlier this month and saw another this week (it's still there http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1237365.html and figure about another 1k for SAL shipping).

That Homura x Asuka pic was blowing my mind

I don't know of this pic... can you do something about this?

Looking back at the first photo you posted I can see how much you had to lower her shelf. That's why I didn't go for a triple besta unit in the end, Hellboy + Queen of the Dead + Kier wouldn't fit in that space no matter how I adjusted the shelves...

Where's Power Girl PF gonna go?

The She-Hulk that's displayed will no longer be in this display. She was there essentially to take up space. Also, if worse comes to worse, I'm moving the 4 Sucker Punch girls elsewhere; mostly back into their boxes and stored away until I make more space (which I won't have until I move).

Honestly, it hurts to look at my Sucker Punch collection knowing I don't have the leader, Babydoll, to complete the set. She's just too far out of my budget to afford since those ebay bids are around $1500-2000 nowadays. SIgh, one day, perhaps.
gg_babydoll_statue.jpg

Christ I'm jealous. I have 1 sideshow statue and want more.I was eyeballing the Diablo for a long time and once I had the extra funds to be comfortable to get it, it had sold out like 2 days before

The wonder woman and the batgirl are probably the 2 I want the most. My wife also loves them but she can't justify that expenditure to herself. The batgirl is seriously perfect though.same how I feel about PG. Captures the character perfectly, Not a thing I would change

What I do is wait for the preorders, especially if they are months to a year from release. Sideshow has a payment plan for preorders with an initial $40 payment followed by 4-7 months of smaller payments (about $50-70 a month) until it's paid off and ready to release. I paid for my PFs with this method every time and always had plenty of time to pay it off. I never paid for one of their statues at once before since it would cost too much. With this method, I buy one PF a year.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Godoka nendo is awesome. Sure the full scale is likely more impressive looking, but it's nice to have one that doesn't take up much room while still looking majestic.

Ryuuroden

Set up that Detolf, and post pics of your figure collection!

Yeah, will do on the pics. Pretty much just waiting on the two samurai girls shipping and Lucifer first as I already have my Billy set up with those 3 in mind. The 2nd detolf is where all the kan colle will go (kongou, amatsukaze, shimakaze, Yamato heavy arms, musashi heavy arms, wo, shigure, haruna, mutsu, possibly atago and takao.)

Thanks for the image. Looks nice in the images. I wasn't planning on getting the guy (or game) at first but an awesome Gaffer decided to sell the LE at cost on the BST thread recently so I bit. Should be coming in this Friday or Saturday.

Kinda bummed I missed the LE now. Figure looks quite good.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

They did do a blue Diablo variant, but it didn't do it for me, I thought I had plenty of time to get the red one but I missed the boat too.

Introduce your wife to the idea of flex paying, worked for mine. Then again my wife frowns at how much I'm willing to pay for something, but doesn't stand in my way.

I can't get Batgirl atm, but I'm hoping I can down the road.

The She-Hulk that's displayed will no longer be in this display. She was there essentially to take up space. Also, if worse comes to worse, I'm moving the 4 Sucker Punch girls elsewhere; mostly back into their boxes and stored away until I make more space (which I won't have until I move).

Honestly, it hurts to look at my Sucker Punch collection knowing I don't have the leader, Babydoll, to complete the set. She's just too far out of my budget to afford since those ebay bids are around $1500-2000 nowadays. SIgh, one day, perhaps.
gg_babydoll_statue.jpg

Ok, got ya.

Shame about Babydoll, I didn't know she was going for that much now, holy shit...Those Suckerpunch statues put gentle giant back on the map big time, and then they sorta squandered it with their Honey Trap line...

Yaari

Yeah I hope to get the Homura Nendo eventually but I should probably stop buying Madoka related stuff. Nothing beats that Maiko Ver. set anyway.

11k Wo-Class on Manda again, I guess the 10k days are over.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Buy!

3RMf7gU.jpg

She is adorable!

I'm gonna...
She's even in my Amazon.jp basket, just gotta wait
(until my wife lets me *hangs head in shame* £1000 berserk statues come with sacrifices)

--------------------

First outta 2 outta the box:

Best bishoujo confirmed:

Another Sega PM in my collection, the simple sleek design allows him to still look like a boss at a low price point...(He'll pair up with the Misato I got on pre-order)

NotLiquid

Almost been a week since I fucked up and paid an order a few hours late, as well as getting a notice from AmiAmi that "additional stock was delayed".

I'm starting to get worried ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom