• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaari

Nothing for April here, but I've been paying off things for months ahead of now so it does not sting as much when they do come out.

Seems to work better for me that way.

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
Major get!
Been looking forward to her for a while now. Finally managed to get her at a local convention.
the%20major.jpg

Now I'm still waiting for my A.G.P. Atago order to arrive.

Don't mess with Aigis.

Maybe next time I'll do it with an actual camera with a tripod. Just wanted to play around with the mini gun so it was really quick. It's 41 pictures.

Edit. Cut the pics in half. Get the same effect with less shake.

kewlmyc

:O

You shut your mouth. There will be no burning of Asseylum-chan.

Heh the anime's ending must have really pissed you off XD I have no idea what happened so I expect something incredibly dumb.

ahahahahahah

ultimate friendzone ending lol

It's just shit writing and stupid decisions. I could care less about who ended up with who, but just how and why everything happened in the end was bullshit.

SerTapTap

Ugh, damaged my first figure today. Imu is very poorly attached to her staff, and the connection came out when I put her head on (if you have this fig, put the head on first instead of the base, don't be stupid like me). Here's the damage...it still fits in but is loose. Can just the tiniest bit of super glue work here or what should I do? There's no visible damage, but the part is loose and I'd like it to be more secure if I can do that without damaging it further.

On the positive side, here's my new figs (phone pics, sorry)

(yes that shot is after the damage)

It's just shit writing and stupid decisions. I could care less about who ended up with who, but just how and why everything happened in the end was bullshit.

Okay, I watched it. Yeah, that was a bit weird that she
married random dude #14 instead of Inaho. A marriage to Inaho would have made more sense in terms of ensuring an Earth / Mars alliance.
It wasn't the worst anime ending I've ever seen, but it doesn't make a terrible lot of sense either.

kewlmyc

Okay, I watched it. Yeah, that was a bit weird that she
married random dude #14 instead of Inaho. A marriage to Inaho would have made more sense in terms of ensuring an Earth / Mars alliance.
It wasn't the worst anime ending I've ever seen, but it doesn't make a terrible lot of sense either.

It's not even that, I don't care who ended up with who (even though introducing a new character 2 episodes from the end is just bad).
She tells Inaho to save Slaine because she doesn't want him to be bound by chains of misery. Slaine's comrades give their life for his honor despite him telling them not to, but when he want to die a warrior's death as well, he's denied because Asshime said so. Despite her wanting to "save him from misery", she then blames her assassination and the whole war on him (which doesn't make sense given Slaine's position at the beginning of the war) so she can gain peace. Why would you frame someone who you're trying to "save from misery" especially when they no longer have the will to live? The ending makes no fucking sense. As pointed out by her sister in another episode, Asshime doesn't think of the suffering she causes to the people she "saves".

Rant over, back to Bloodborne.

The postman knocks. I see him cradling something in his arm. He looks at me and holds out an orange slip and pen.

"Fragile, eh?" I quip.

"Do you still want it?"

I half laugh out of shock while mentally going through everything that shipped to me recently and calculating who could be inside. But in my hearts of hearts, I knew exactly who it was.

I scribble my name and hand it back to him then take my prize inside.

8XC4ta9.jpg

o72DqES.jpg

7vKITyD.jpg

At this point, I'm marveling at the strength of packing tape. The box is still very much damp and the only thing keeping it together are those thin strips of sticky plastic. I'm also still giggling out of shock. I've been collecting/buying stuff from Japan since I was 16. I've never had a box look like this.

I don't so much open it, more like unravel the remnants of its body. And then I gazed upon her fallen body.

CLrsavF.jpg

The box is still wet. I peel off the cardboard and set it aside.

x5DW0uI.jpg

Ah, her coffin.

JuZKMSZ.jpg

ISuz4rI.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of it when it was closed, because the autopsy took priority. I said a prayer to the Figure Gods and slid off the bodybag, slick the with evidence of her demise.

The Gods had mercy upon me.

mXKvQYr.jpg

Sorry about the huge pics, was too lazy to resize for forum. >>

Beat the 2nd boss. I made my character look like Chaika. :p

XD

I beat the third boss last night. Now hunting for boss #4. Though I did dip my toes into
Forbidden Forest
for a bit. I haven't been killed by bosses at all, yet.

What weapon are you using? I'm still using the Hunter's Axe. Thinking of switching whdn I find something better for my play style.

kewlmyc

Sorry about the huge pics, was too lazy to resize for forum. >>

That's tragic and terrifying. I'm glad the figure wound up okay, even though both boxes took a beating

XD

I beat the third boss last night. Now hunting for boss #4. Though I did dip my toes into
Forbidden Forest
for a bit. I haven't been killed by bosses at all, yet.

What weapon are you using? I'm still using the Hunter's Axe. Thinking of switching whdn I find something better for my play style.

I'm using the Threaded Cane for reasons. Gotta be fully dedicated to role play.

It's actually a really good weapon too. You can combo from Bladed Whip mode to Cane mode pretty easily due to stagger.

I'm using the Threaded Cane for reasons. Gotta be fully dedicated to role play.

It's actually a really good weapon too. You can combo from Bladed Whip mode to Cane mode pretty easily due to stagger.

Ah, is that the whip that people were talking about? How is it for damage / range?

Yaari

I'm finally starting Bloodborne tomorrow. Digital download took forever, and today did not work out at all. Pretty excited. I'll expect much rage to occur.

kewlmyc

Anyone got a Devil Homura coming in? I wonder if her value will go up, apparently she's pretty popular on MFC.

Yeah, I'm getting mine on Monday. No way in hell I'm giving her up though.

It was stupid of Stronger to make a figure that looks great alongside Goddess Madoka an made to order exclusive. She's going to hit record high resell prices in the years to come if they don't rerelease her.

Yaari

Yeah, I'm getting mine on Monday. No way in hell I'm giving her up though.

It was stupid of Stronger to make a figure that looks great alongside Goddess Madoka an made to order exclusive. She's going to hit record high resell prices in the years to come if they don't rerelease her.

Haha, no I cancelled my pre-order, I still don't regret it. I'm just wondering if she looks good. I can't find user pictures yet.

I actually cancelled her because financially it didn't work out in February, and then she got delayed to the point where I could easily get her if I wanted to, sigh.

Oh well, it's a window in my Detolf I want to reserve for something else, it's more of a space thing.

Can't wait to see some pictures next week hopefully :).

kewlmyc

That's rad. I'd like to see a pic if it's not too much trouble. Thats really smart.

Here.

Black eyebrows and everything. Tried to make her skin lighter, but it looked weird.

Haha, no I cancelled my pre-order, I still don't regret it. I'm just wondering if she looks good. I can't find user pictures yet.

I actually cancelled her because financially it didn't work out in February, and then she got delayed to the point where I could easily get her if I wanted to, sigh.

Oh well, it's a window in my Detolf I want to reserve for something else, it's more of a space thing.

Can't wait to see some pictures next week hopefully :).

I'll take hella pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom