• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

What do you all use to clean/dust your figures?

I use a compressed air can and a regular duster to keep mine clean. I'm curious if there are better options to do so.

chrono01

What do you all use to clean/dust your figures?

I use a compressed air can and a regular duster to keep mine clean. I'm curious if there are better options to do so.
I've read compressed air is actually bad for dusting your figures. Something about stripping the paint or leaving residue behind.

I'd recommend just using a small hobby brush. This one was recommended by more than a few people.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y8Y8RE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Oh man, Bloodborne bros... you gotta use Ludwig's Holy Blade. sogood.gif

Sansei Muramasa - Bunny Ver.

will open for pre-orders next week.

Needless to say, I will be pre-ordering her as soon as she becomes available. Here's hoping she's at/around 10k [with the AmiAmi discount]. If Wing follows tradition with their previous Sansei Muramasa, it's entirely possible.

Isn't she 1/6 though? Or am I imagining things? If she's 1/6, she'll be at least 12k.

i can't wait for Bloodborne figure. that'll be in high demand considering how many people love the game. we need to look out for preorders when they're up. let's help each other!

Nice 1/6 scale, too. Can't wait. Isn't Gecco a little iffy on quality sometimes? I mean, doesn't really matter as tjis is likely the only Bloodborne figure we're likely to get.

Did they transport it in an open speedboat during a hurricane? Good to see she was undamaged herself.

That's a long sword.
Queue bad jokes.

Also people stop talking about Bloodborne. You are making me buy a PS4..

Okay, we'll stop.
We won't stop.

Femto.

I've read compressed air is actually bad for dusting your figures. Something about stripping the paint or leaving residue behind.

I'd recommend just using a small hobby brush. This one was recommended by more than a few people.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y8Y8RE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ordered.

I had it wish listed because I've seen it posted several times before here, a shame it won't get to me till the end of April the earliest lol. I'll just use a regular duster in the mean time.

Didn't know about the residue stuff about the compressed air can, figures seem to be okay right now. Thanks Chrono

LiK

Nice 1/6 scale, too. Can't wait. Isn't Gecco a little iffy on quality sometimes? I mean, doesn't really matter as tjis is likely the only Bloodborne figure we're likely to get.

one person here is not satisfied with the paint job. i think they look fine, tbh.

Ordered.

I had it wish listed because I've seen it posted several times before here, a shame it won't get to me till the end of April the earliest lol. I'll just use a regular duster in the mean time.

Didn't know about the residue stuff about the compressed air can, figures seem to be okay right now. Thanks Chrono

i've used compressed air for years on my figures. no damage on any of them or weird residue so i dunno.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I remembered seeing some of you disappointed with the half armored version. This one by Vertex looks pretty good.
Unless it is a completely different character...

co6eABGh.jpg

Celia-saaaaaamaaaaa

chrono01

Oh man, Bloodborne bros... you gotta use Ludwig's Holy Blade. sogood.gif

Isn't she 1/6 though? Or am I imagining things? If she's 1/6, she'll be at least 12k.

Okay, we'll stop.
We won't stop.
I'm already using the Holy Blade. It is Godly. I love the animation for switching from 1H to 2H. Never gets old.

Nope, she's 1/7 scale, the same as their previous Sansei Muramasa. Considering she was just slightly over 10k, I'm hoping the same will apply here for the Bunny Ver.

And no, we won't stop. The sooner you purchase a PS4 and experience Bloodborne for yourself, the happier you will be. Trust me.

chrono01

Ordered.

I think it depends on the type of compressed air, as some doesn't blow as..."cleanly" as others. I can definitely see them causing chipping in the paint though, depending. Those cans of compressed air can pack quite a force.

i've used compressed air for years on my figures. no damage on any of them or weird residue so i dunno.
It could just be one of those superstitions, I'm not sure. Personally, I'm fine with using a hobby brush to clean them out. It gives me time to appreciate every nook/cranny and spend more quality time with them.

...That just got creepy, didn't it? My apologies.

Using Ludwig's blade 2H feels very similar to the Drangleic Sword in DkS2, which was my main melee weapon.
There's also the feeling of being a badass by carrying an oversized sword over your shoulder.

LiK

Interesting, I've been doing that for about 8ish months and same. I'm quite a paranoid person though so I'll stop using it.

some people probably use it too much or maybe get the liquid on them?. i do short bursts and use a swiffer duster. it's been fine. sometimes i wonder if some people get weird issues depending on the climate they're in.

but whatever works for you guys. i'm not as worried as when i started collecting years ago.

chrono01

some people probably use it too much or maybe get the liquid on them?. i do short bursts and use a swiffer duster. it's been fine. sometimes i wonder if some people get weird issues depending on the climate they're in.
They could also attribute to it.

At least, when using a brush, you're virtually guaranteed a safe-cleaning procedure. You can't beat the speed compressed air gives you, though.

Giolon

Ordered.

Interesting, I've been doing that for about 8ish months and same. I'm quite a paranoid person though so I'll stop using it.

I don't know where this weird "compressed air is going to ruin the paint on your figures!" thing came from in recent times. As long as you're not tilting the can and spraying the liquid propellant onto your figures, it's completely fine.

I just personally find it to be fairly ineffective. Dust tends to stick to figures pretty strongly, even if the figure isn't yet susceptible to stickiness from outgassing, and I find that canned air will remove outer layers of dust (if there's enough of it on the figure) but will leave plenty of it clinging to the surface - even just running water over your figures won't remove it. The only way to effectively remove the dust is physically with a cloth or brush.

I bought that brush linked earlier and it's been pretty great. Even that won't remove 100%, but it's one of the best things I've found.

I remembered seeing some of you disappointed with the half armored version. This one by Vertex looks pretty good.
I think I need to look into the source of this. That's a great looking figure!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Sorry about the huge pics, was too lazy to resize for forum. >>

Yay, you got your figure, but how the fuck do they get away with leaving your box submerged in water like that?

Too much armor, not enough sunburn...

i can't wait for Bloodborne figure. that'll be in high demand considering how many people love the game. we need to look out for preorders when they're up. let's help each other!

Yes, will keep both eye open, god damn the game is unrelentingly nonstop awesome... Only started it yesterday got to what I assume is the second boss and thought it was gonna be a push over... LOL
Fucker went beast- mode on my unprepared ass...

Also people stop talking about Bloodborne. You are making me buy a PS4..

What other reasons are there? I bought mine at Christmas time in anticipation of this game...

I don't know where this weird "compressed air is going to ruin the paint on your figures!" thing came from in recent times. As long as you're not tilting the can and spraying the liquid propellant onto your figures, it's completely fine.

I just personally find it to be fairly ineffective. Dust tends to stick to figures pretty strongly, even if the figure isn't yet susceptible to stickiness from outgassing, and I find that canned air will remove outer layers of dust (if there's enough of it on the figure) but will leave plenty of it clinging to the surface - even just running water over your figures won't remove it. The only way to effectively remove the dust is physically with a cloth or brush.

I bought that brush linked earlier and it's been pretty great. Even that won't remove 100%, but it's one of the best things I've found.

I think I need to look into the source of this. That's a great looking figure!

I think the compressed air thing comes from statue and GK collectors, if your using it on pvc you should be fine. Hand painted polystone or resin? You will ruin the paint job.

That said, yeah brushes all day everyday...

Nictel

What other reasons are there? I bought mine at Christmas time in anticipation of this game...

Mostly reasons not to. Reasons that involve budgets and money, better put: the lack off said money.

So when was Alphamax's Kurumi delayed? I just checked on what was holding up this month's order, and saw that she's still in there... with a late April release date now.

Looks cool, though what if she actually showed the time. How great would that be?

I'm already using the Holy Blade. It is Godly. I love the animation for switching from 1H to 2H. Never gets old.

Nope, she's 1/7 scale, the same as their previous Sansei Muramasa. Considering she was just slightly over 10k, I'm hoping the same will apply here for the Bunny Ver.

And no, we won't stop. The sooner you purchase a PS4 and experience Bloodborne for yourself, the happier you will be. Trust me.
2 handed Axe is best weapon seemingly 90% of the time for me. I pulled out the sword for certain enemies, like the snake balls and snake headed dudes

Axe just trounced the
Shadow of Yarnham
boss

Yaari

Wow that box is wrecked. I hope to never have to experience that. Damn.

Playing Boodborne, love the setting. Getting my ass kicked though. These loading times are the worst, dieing is double the pain because of that.

Femto.

Wow that box is wrecked. I hope to never have to experience that. Damn.

Playing Boodborne, love the setting. Getting my ass kicked though. These loading times are the worst, dieing is double the pain because of that.
"You died. Don't forget the game that you're playing."

Idk why they couldn't think of a better loading screen.

Luigi87

"You died. Don't forget the game that you're playing."

Idk why they couldn't think of a better loading screen.

Much more appropriate loading screen. (I love the game, just hate the loading)
But yeah, considering the Souls games actually had information on their (much shorter) load screens...

Still wish there were Souls figures. Non-GK.

SerTapTap

The one that came with Dark Souls 2 CE is pretty easy to find and it's decent quality.

How do people hide how ugly the base is in shots? It's much larger than I expected but the quality is...I guess I can't complain too much, I got it and the LE for $20

SerTapTap

That's why you but it on top of your bookcase so no one sees the base.

Clever, I'll probably do that since it'll take a ton of room in my display case (when I get one).

Speaking of no display case, did some rearranging...think I'mma just buy a DETOLF when I can, really out of room:
That's not even everything, most of the plushes are moved. And I keep my Kirby figures all over.

Clever, I'll probably do that since it'll take a ton of room in my display case (when I get one).

Speaking of no display case, did some rearranging...think I'mma just buy a DETOLF when I can, really out of room:

That's not even everything, most of the plushes are moved. And I keep my Kirby figures all over.

I thought I told you guys to stop posting God Eater Nendos.

That Kosmos is huge. I'm jelous of all the Senrans. Nice collection.

No Mirai?!! That's it I don't even know you anymore o(-`д´- 。) lol

SerTapTap

No Mirai?!! That's it I don't even know you anymore o(-`д´- 。) lol

She's in there, her figure is just horribly posed so you can only see the top of her head unless you're looking up at her. I like the mini figs but there's some extremely questionable design in some of these. Minori just sits on a teeny butt-shaped groove on the hamster and falls off easily, Imu is barely connected to her staff (she broke =/ I need to glue or something--anyone got suggestions?), Ryobi is a nightmare to put together. And the Etna by the same maker doesn't even fit into the base included with her...she has two feet pegs, it has one slot.
I thought I told you guys to stop posting God Eater Nendos.

That Kosmos is huge. I'm jelous of all the Senrans. Nice collection.

Yeah, she's the only 1/6th at the moment so she stands out

I sometimes feel like the only person in the world who doesn't like the Souls games at all. I just find them so incredibly dull.

I hated them at first, too. Hell, I hate every one of them for the first hour or two until I get back into the groove of Souls games. But the feeling of accomplishment you get from these games is greater than what any other game can provide.

I hated them at first, too. Hell, I hate every one of them for the first hour or two until I get back into the groove of Souls games. But the feelong of accomplishment yoy get from these games is greater than what any other game can provide.

I can agree with the feeling of accomplishment. It's the same as with Monster Hunter. When I slaughtered
BSB
I literally jumped up and exclaimed "Yes!!!" I do prefer MonHun though.

Just because you are a souls veteran doesn't make it not hard. Granted it was really only the poison that made it a wall for me. I'm 5 bosses in and that's the only one that gave me trouble.

Poison can be a pain, but it's not an issue as long as you keep stocked on antidotes and have them in your active item slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom