• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poison can be a pain, but it's not an issue as long as you keep stocked on antidotes and have them in your active item slot.

But when he tracks you with a grab and gets you down to a pixel of health the poison Kills. It was only the
final form that killed me.
But I'm passed that and so loving the game. I beat
Amelia
my 2nd try and
The Witch
on my first. Granted of you die to
the Witch
you have issues.

StayDead

I hated them at first, too. Hell, I hate every one of them for the first hour or two until I get back into the groove of Souls games. But the feeling of accomplishment you get from these games is greater than what any other game can provide.

Somebody hasn't played Broodwar.

I hated them at first, too. Hell, I hate every one of them for the first hour or two until I get back into the groove of Souls games. But the feeling of accomplishment you get from these games is greater than what any other game can provide.
hmmm, arguable. FFXI's Airship Fight back in the day is still the height of victory for me

Good matches on Persona 4 Arena/blazblue/guilty gear would be next in line. Bloodborne probably sits after that without thinking too hard about it

omlet

I've read compressed air is actually bad for dusting your figures. Something about stripping the paint or leaving residue behind.

I'd recommend just using a small hobby brush. This one was recommended by more than a few people.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Y8Y8RE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The main thing to worry about (or not worry about, really, if you know to be careful of it) is compressed air has propellent in the can and if you hold it upside down or too far sideways it can spray out. Other than that it's more or less fine except it's also a lot more expensive over time than a brush or cloth.

But when he tracks you with a grab and gets you down to a pixel of health the poison Kills. It was only the
final form that killed me.
But I'm passed that and so loving the game. I beat
Amelia
my 2nd try and
The Witch
on my first. Granted of you die to
the Witch
you have issues.

I don't know what you're doing staying so close to him. You should lock-on to him and then keep your distance as best you can until you see an opening. Running strong attacks are pretty good. What kind of weapon are you using?

As for
Amelia
, she gave me more trouble than BSB, mostly because of her healing ability.

Somebody hasn't played Broodwar.

Meh.

I don't know what you're doing staying so close to him. You should lock-on to him and then keep your distance as best you can until you see an opening. Running strong attacks are pretty good. What kind of weapon are you using?

As for
Amelia
, she gave me more trouble than BSB, mostly because of her healing ability.
I already beat him. I'm using the saw spear and blunderbuss. He's literally the only thing that has given me issues so far but I got past him.

SerTapTap

Compression on those pics is worse than I thought, should have used Google+'s images not Twitter's. People love to hate it, but it's great for backing up and sharing photos.

Clever, I'll probably do that since it'll take a ton of room in my display case (when I get one).

Speaking of no display case, did some rearranging...think I'mma just buy a DETOLF when I can, really out of room:

That's not even everything, most of the plushes are moved. And I keep my Kirby figures all over.

Wow, nice collection. Someday I'll get Red too.

Bloodborne 2 Be Wyld

They would hate playing Bloodborne, because of the last line:

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

"Oh you will die and you'll like it!"

kierwynn

hmmm, arguable. FFXI's Airship Fight back in the day is still the height of victory for me

The one right before you get access to sea? Cause yeah, that felt like quite the accomplishment back in the day. :p

Also lol at this becoming Bloodborne |OT| Been watching my fiance play it and I've been reminded why I don't play them myself. Too anxiety inducing for me- I was getting very anxious as he was exploring some area and kept almost dying while he had a ton of souls on him.

I like Bloodborne and dead Yamcha statues. Can I join the club Freeza?

As long as you also like Silk comics. :O

Also lol at this becoming Bloodborne |OT| Been watching my fiance play it and I've been reminded why I don't play them myself. Too anxiety inducing for me- I was getting very anxious as he was exploring some area and kept almost dying while he had a ton of souls on him.

The actual Bloodborne OT moves way too fast.

kewlmyc

Devil Homura confirmed to be in town and waiting for me tomorrow and I just beat Vicar Amelia after fighting her for two hours. Today was a good day.

XSVyOBV.gif

The one right before you get access to sea? Cause yeah, that felt like quite the accomplishment back in the day. :p

it was the ultima and omega fight, it wasnt long til sea after that

Seeing as everyone in here's talking about Bloodborne, I hope all of you are prepared to shell out at least 14K JPY or so for this:

Looking at the past prices for figures collaborations by Gecco and Mamegyorai, at least the quality is ensured I mean the Raiden statue Kewl and Prof-Renegade got *__*

Seeing as everyone in here's talking about Bloodborne, I hope all of you are prepared to shell out at least 14K JPY or so for this:

Looking at the past prices for figures collaborations by Gecco and Mamegyorai, at least the quality is ensured I mean the Raiden statue Kewl and Prof-Renegade got *__*

Before playing BB I had no interest in it. Now I am definitely considering it.

kierwynn

I'd like to try and get this for my fiance but it all depends on when it's coming out and what not.

Speaking of that Raiden, finally get to unbox him in a couple of weeks! He's been hiding with my parents for the past couple of months until my fiance's birthday. Pictures of him look great, so excited to see him up close.

I'd like to try and get this for my fiance but it all depends on when it's coming out and what not.

Speaking of that Raiden, finally get to unbox him in a couple of weeks! He's been hiding with my parents for the past couple of months until my fiance's birthday. Pictures of him look great, so excited to see him up close.
Raiden is great =D, just make sure you let your fiancé know that the eyes light up lol, think IIRC Lik(?) didn't realise it XD

chrono01

2 handed Axe is best weapon seemingly 90% of the time for me. I pulled out the sword for certain enemies, like the snake balls and snake headed dudes

Axe just trounced the
Shadow of Yarnham
boss
Yeah, I've heard some really good things about the axe. I see it being used in a lot of streams too, so it's definitely one of the more popular weapons.

I think I'll stick with Ludwig's Holy Blade, though. I just love the look of it more. >_<

Damn. I probably shouldn't buy much in april though. I must be over $1k for April between games, books and figures
For Sansei Muramasa, you must make an exception. It helps that her release will probably be at least 6 months away, so plenty of time to save/budget for her.

Look at that face. How can you say no?

Playing Boodborne, love the setting. Getting my ass kicked though. These loading times are the worst, dieing is double the pain because of that.
I'm really hoping From Software finds some way to shorten the load times. I'm even fine with the frame-rate drops in some areas of the game, but for a game like this where death is a common occurrence, those load times overstay their welcome really quickly. Being able to teleport from lanterns without needing to go back to the Hunter's Dream would be nice too, as that's just a secondary loading screen that you really don't need/want.

I have faith in them, though. I'm sure they'll find some way to improve it.

The hell is going on in this thread?
We're Bloodborne now.

Yeah, I've heard some really good things about the axe. I see it being used in a lot of streams too, so it's definitely one of the more popular weapons.

I think I'll stick with Ludwig's Holy Blade, though. I just love the look of it more. >_<
thats my secondary until new game+ when I can get the scythe

I'm really hoping From Software finds some way to shorten the load times. I'm even fine with the frame-rate drops in some areas of the game, but for a game like this where death is a common occurrence, those load times overstay their welcome really quickly. Being able to teleport from lanterns without needing to go back to the Hunter's Dream would be nice too, as that's just a secondary loading screen that you really don't need/want.

chrono-kun doesn't read video game news. Load times and framerate are being addressed in an upcoming patch.

chrono01

thats my secondary until new game+ when I can get the scythe
Scythe I'm definitely excited for too. It's mainly why I'm tempted to go full SKL build, but a Quality build [STR/SKL] would help me more now.

Ugh, if only they had an option where you could re-spec. :(

chrono-kun doesn't read video game news. Load times and framerate are being addressed in an upcoming patch.
I read it, but they didn't explicitly state that they're going to fix it, only that they'll try to. Again, I have full confidence in From Software, they're incredible developers. However, I'm trying not to get my hopes up until I get actual concrete evidence, from the developers themselves, that they've found a fix for shortening the load times and will be rolling it out in a patch.

Wanderer5

Meh had a really hard time getting into Demon Souls heh, so probably wouldn't be too interested in this one even when I get a PS4 someday.

Granted I kind of felt the same with Monster Hunter, and I now have almost 80 hours on 4U and almost to G rank online heh.

kierwynn

Man is there any secret to dealing with nendos with long hair? I just spent forever just trying to get Flonne onto her base again (I moved her which as a mistake) and she's still not even on there straight (she never was lol). As much as I want that Menma nendo, if she's as much of a pain as this one then idk... lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man is there any secret to dealing with nendos with long hair? I just spent forever just trying to get Flonne onto her base again (I moved her which as a mistake) and she's still not even on there straight (she never was lol). As much as I want that Menma nendo, if she's as much of a pain as this one then idk... lol

Use a figure stand on the hair. Then use a figure stand on the figure stand. Nendos are super top heavy!

Might want to put those stands on a base on a stand on a base on a figure of an enemy Stand on top of a Nendo.

Meh had a really hard time getting into Demon Souls heh, so probably wouldn't be too interested in this one even when I get a PS4 someday.

Granted I kind of felt the same with Monster Hunter, and I now have almost 80 hours on 4U and almost to G rank online heh.

Right on. Glad you're enjoying MonHun. Sounds like you are almost done with the tutorial.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

I'm in no matter what at this point...

Beat the second boss explored a bit found a door that basically said "Hunter don't enter" and entered anyway,
got attacked by a Gatling gun on a far roof
, said fuck that noise and went another way and found a gate that unlocked
with a emblem I bought for 10k
to a different place that's filled with awesomely huge dudes that look too big to fuck with so I sneak around them and run into a
Cthulhu tentacle faced dude
, wrecked him and then got done in by what looked like normal mooks from the start of the game in a tiny alley with no room for my threaded cane to do my Belmont style crazy whipping, and the mooks hit like 3xs as hard as they used to an I died cause my weapon kept rebounded off the walls leaving me open.

This game is insane, and I'm loving every minute of it...

chrono01

I'm in no matter what at this point...

Beat the second boss explored a bit found a door that basically said "Hunter don't enter" and entered anyway,
got attacked by a Gatling gun on a far roof
, said fuck that noise and went another way and found a gate that unlocked
with a emblem I bought for 10k
to a different place that's filled with awesomely huge dudes that look too big to fuck with so I sneak around them and run into a
Cthulhu tentacle faced dude
, wrecked him and then got done in by what looked like normal mooks from the start of the game in a tiny alley with no room for my threaded cane to do my Belmont style crazy whipping, and the mooks hit like 3xs as hard as they used to an I died cause my weapon kept rebounded off the walls leaving me open.

This game is insane, and I'm loving every minute of it...
Yeah, the game really is something else. Apparently, if you equip
Church Clothes
prior to entering, the
Gunner
won't attack you and you can simply talk to him to obtain the items. I never tried it though, I simply ran through the area [finding shelter wherever I could] and knocked him off the edge [logging out and then back in to claim the items].

To those who didn't enjoy Demon's/Dark Souls, I'd still recommend giving Bloodborne a try. It's a lot more aggressive in the way you play, and not so much "back off and wait" type of approach. It's pretty intense since you can't block [well, you CAN find a shield, but it's not exactly recommended] and, if you get hit, you have a chance to recover your lost health by attacking the enemy that hit you, but only within a few seconds after suffering the damage. But you have to be careful, because if you get too reckless you might find the enemy hitting you again before you can recover your health resulting in a swift death [since each attack hurts so much]. Parrying with the gun feels great, too.

Anyway, I'll try to stop turning this thread into a Bloodborne centered one [since this IS Figure GAF, after all]. I'm definitely interested in that figure from Gecco, though...

Wanderer5

Right on. Glad you're enjoying MonHun. Sounds like you are almost done with the tutorial.

I pretty sure the tutorial ended ages ago back at low rank offline.:p

Haha, same. Never felt anything for the Souls series, but MH captivated me.

Think it kind of helps with MH, that structure wise, it portable ish in many ways (and hell the series pretty much is mostly on handhelds now heh). I tend to prefer handheld stuffs over consoles.

Bombless

I hope the word "blue-raybox" behind Sherlock does not mean the figma will be part of the damn package. If so, there will be blood. *cue AC/DC music*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom