• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Seeing as everyone in here's talking about Bloodborne, I hope all of you are prepared to shell out at least 14K JPY or so for this:

Looking at the past prices for figures collaborations by Gecco and Mamegyorai, at least the quality is ensured I mean the Raiden statue Kewl and Prof-Renegade got *__*

I got their Raiden and it was great so I'll get this too. Had it on my wishlist since they announced it 8 months ago.

kewlmyc

That Bloodborn figure looks as boring as the game looks to me. Quite fitting. That pose, lol.

The pose is based of the box art but yeah, the pose is kinda boring. The detail will make up for it if their other figures are anything to go by.

Also...

z5vcjyn.gif

So, apparently Orchid Seed will no longer sell figures overseas. Gonna need to use a proxy or forwarding service.

WHAT KIND OF FUCKING BULLSHIT IS THIS!?

Is this going forward or what? Will I need to move my existing Orchid Seed pre-orders from places like HLJ over to BiJ or N-Y? Why OS gotta be cunts like dat?

Take this, Orchid Seed!

PERC4WY.gif

Einbroch

Banned
So, is it certain online stores not selling them, or is it all Orchid Seed figures period?

That's gonna be a real bummer for their overseas fans :(
It's unclear yet. Stores are tweeting/emailing out that Orchid Seed asked them to remove OS figures from their international stores.

chrono01

So, apparently Orchid Seed will no longer sell figures overseas. Gonna need to use a proxy or forwarding service.
I thought it was just for the Seven Deadly Sins line. If it's all of them...yeah, they're going to miss out on a lot of money.

I'm really not sure why they're interested in doing that. Why limit the amount of sales they could earn? :/

chrono01

They're afraid the rest of the world will realize how pervy Japan is.

TOO LATE.
Yeah, that ship has long sailed.

This is depressing, though. I love Orchid Seed's figures, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to order each one through a proxy. Apparently, even sites such as BIJ/N-Y won't even be able to offer them. You'll need to order directly from Orchid Seed themselves and then use a proxy manually. That is, if they don't stop even that.

I'll probably never get Blassreiter after all.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It's unclear yet. Stores are tweeting/emailing out that Orchid Seed asked them to remove OS figures from their international stores.

The only figure I know that they made are the same elf with different shades of skin colors. So I am safe on this one.

Imagine if gsc force foreigner to only buy from their international store.

I hope that this is just a few figures being limited, I have a few on my wishlist and one pre-ordered by them and I'd hate to have no chance to get them.

Yeah, that ship has long sailed.

This is depressing, though. I love Orchid Seed's figures, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to order each one through a proxy. Apparently, even sites such as BIJ/N-Y won't even be able to offer them. You'll need to order directly from Orchid Seed themselves and then use a proxy manually. That is, if they don't stop even that.

Yeah, same. I'm just not willing to jump through hoops for these things. If they don't want my monies, I'm sure Alter, GSC, and Kotobukiya will be happy to take it, no matter where I live.

I'll probably never get Blassreiter after all.

chrono--kun, I don't think anyone is getting that figure. Ever.

chrono01

I really hope it's just for the Seven Deadly Sins. So far, the ones ones that aren't currently made available are the Swimsuit Ver. of Leviatahan [who was available earlier but since removed] and the re-color of Mammon. Apparently, if you pre-ordered Leviathan - Swimsuit Ver. before she was pulled, AmiAmi will still fulfill your order [oddly enough, she's still available on HS]. It will make getting the others more painful though, especially if I can't simply pre-order from BIJ/N-Y. I might have to create that Orchid Seed store account after all...

If it extends to ALL Orchid Seed figures, I might swear them off entirely out of principal.

chrono--kun, I don't think anyone is getting that figure. Ever.
You're probably right. ;_;

darklin0

Banned

My "will preorder later" list has drastically been shorted. I am personally glad for my wallet being saved but I do feel badd for all of you having a harder time of preordering.
biginjapan is totally celebrating right now.

kewlmyc

They're the ones that make all the "hentai" and "baka ecchi" figures right? :p

In all seriousness, that sucks, but maybe they were getting in trouble with some countries' customs with the figures they make. Like customs were sending the figures back or they were getting confiscated. Like that one figure with the little girl in the bathroom with the rubber ducks (I'm not even going to link to it).

They're the ones that make all the "hentai" and "baka ecchi" figures right? :p

In all seriousness, that sucks, but maybe they were getting in trouble with some countries' customs with the figures they make. Like customs were sending the figures back or they were getting confiscated. Like that one figure with the little girl in the bathroom with the rubber ducks (I'm not even going to link to it).

But if things get confiscated by customs, that's not the manufacturers responsibility. They already made their money by that point.

chrono01

Poor Chrono going to lose is Leviathan....
I had better not! AmiAmi confirmed that current pre-orders are safe, so I'll trust them.

On the side of "ecchi", Orchid Seed is up there but I personally feel Alphamax/Skytube are more lewd. I mean, they actually sculpt the nether regions, Orchid Seed doesn't. The most Orchid Seed will do is have a simple cast-off, nothing too scandalous at all.

I'm just very confused with this whole thing. I'm wondering if it's some sort of licensing issue with the Seven Deadly Sins.

Ryuuroden

I had better not! AmiAmi confirmed that current pre-orders are safe, so I'll trust them.

On the side of "ecchi", Orchid Seed is up there but I personally feel Alphamax/Skytube are more lewd. I mean, they actually sculpt the nether regions, Orchid Seed doesn't. The most Orchid Seed will do is have a simple cast-off, nothing too scandalous at all.

I'm just very confused with this whole thing. I'm wondering if it's some sort of licensing issue with the Seven Deadly Sins.

I'll be pissed as hell if amakuni follows suit. I sorta could care less about OS stuff since I actually only have one of their figures. All the sins figures I like have been from Amakuni. I would be fucking furious if I lost my order of Astaroth.

chrono01

I'll be pissed as hell if amakuni follows suit. I sorta could care less about OS stuff since I actually only have one of their figures. All the sins figures I like have been from Amakuni. I would be fucking furious if I lost my order of Astaroth.
Amakuni deals only with exclusives, and aren't tied directly with Orchid Seed, so I'm hoping it won't happen here too. However, if it is a licensing issue, it's very possible that they might cease orders for all upcoming Seven Deadly Sins releases too. Our current pre-orders should be safe though, since the proxy sites already have them ordered and would have to personally refund all International customers.

For the ones not yet opened for pre-orders...it does worry me. :(

Ryuuroden

Amakuni deals only with exclusives, and aren't tied directly with Orchid Seed, so I'm hoping it won't happen here too. However, if it is a licensing issue, it's very possible that they might cease orders for all upcoming Seven Deadly Sins releases too. Our current pre-orders should be safe though, since the proxy sites already have them ordered and would have to personally refund all International customers.

For the ones not yet opened for pre-orders...it does worry me. :(

Is Amakuni linked to any parent companies or is it its own company. I mean I know GSC, Max Factory, Freeing, etc are all related so I have wondered who Amakuni is linked to.

Awww that ladder hurt >_<

Far too lewd for me, and that's saying something. Her apparent young age, combined with her seductive pose, means a "NOPE!" in my book.

I will not judge the purchases of others, however. I hope you enjoy her. :)

That's fair, not every figure is for everyone. To me as a girl who loves nearly everything loli related and where there are far to few flatter figures I just find her to be an adorable figure, even though it's in a suggestive I don't see her in that kind of way lol maybe I'm just odd and yeah I know I'll definitely enjoy her just as long as Ami doesn't cancel her lol

Eh, at the end of the day, it's just plastic. No harm, no foul.

Yeah I just find her to be an adorable figure.

chrono01

Is Amakuni linked to any parent companies or is it its own company. I mean I know GSC, Max Factory, Freeing, etc are all related so I have wondered who Amakuni is linked to.
I believe they're mostly an independent company. At least, that's what it looks like to me. They obviously work close with Hobby Japan though [distributor], which might explain why they received consent to manufacture Seven Deadly Sins figures under their name.

Actually, all of Amakuni's previous/upcoming releases are under Hobby Japan, so it might be that Amakuni is Hobby Japan's exclusive manufacturer. But then, Orchid Seed handled a lot of Hobby Japan releases too, so I really don't know anymore. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom