• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

I really hope it's just for the Seven Deadly Sins. So far, the ones ones that aren't currently made available are the Swimsuit Ver. of Leviatahan [who was available earlier but since removed] and the re-color of Mammon. Apparently, if you pre-ordered Leviathan - Swimsuit Ver. before she was pulled, AmiAmi will still fulfill your order [oddly enough, she's still available on HS]. It will make getting the others more painful though, especially if I can't simply pre-order from BIJ/N-Y. I might have to create that Orchid Seed store account after all...

If it extends to ALL Orchid Seed figures, I might swear them off entirely out of principal.

You're probably right. ;_;

Oh so did amiami confirm this? I was getting worried with my Leviathan order

kewlmyc

Sadly, we may end up getting that one depending on how things look closer to then. Fiance wants a statue of that dude so badly and I'd rather pay $300 than $1k+ :p I can't say I'm a fan, but if it makes him happy...

You're a good fiance. Guts is awesome, but all his statue merch is super expensive due to that massive sword of his.

Giolon

I wonder if it just has to do with that figure line specifically. There are still other Orchid Seed figures available on AmiAmi English for example - such as that Triage X lady.

I've had this happen to figures I've pre-ordered before and AmiAmi and HobbySearch have always honored their pre-orders.

I just wonder what the hell it is that Orchid Seed thinks they're accomplishing by doing this. I can't imagine that they're planning to license the line overseas. Its anime didn't even ever come to pass (there's no mention of it on the 7 Sins website anymore either).

kierwynn

You're a good fiance. Guts is awesome, but all his statue merch is super expensive due to that massive sword of his.

I've noticed. lol $300 is a lot for one figure, but I figure why not? He doesn't get figures with nearly the same frequency I do, so I try to swing it when there's something he really wants (like that Raiden). As long as he doesn't start asking for that $1k one (which I did see him eyeing and shot down quickly lol), we're good. :p

i'm getting him, the RAH, and the Wonderful Hobby one.. and not to mention, the $300+ Dark Schneider :3

I'd be too nervous about internationally shipping polystone. AmiAmi puts warnings on all those listings being like "Yo, there's a good chance your shit's gonna show up broken."

If September is light, I might be down for the Gecco one, tho.

Brb guys, watching Wrestlemania.

PERC4WY.gif

Suplex City.

I'd be too nervous about internationally shipping polystone. AmiAmi puts warnings on all those listings being like "Yo, there's a good chance your shit's gonna show up broken."

I am nervous :s I work at UPS (with the airplanes) and I know how badly some packages get treated :s we'll see what happens..

kierwynn

I've heard so many bad things about polystone breaking during shipping. There's a couple of polystone figures I want to get some day and I worry. D:

Shun

Had 5 Gunpla/Plamo to go through over the weekend and only finished two.
  • HGFC Nobel Gundam
  • HGAD Harute Gundam
  • HGBF Fenice Rinascita
  • MG Hi-Nu Gundam
  • Bandai Evangelion Hachigoki

I finished HGFC Nobell Gundam and Evangelion 3.33 Hachigoki. EVA Unit is double the size of average HG Gunpla and it seems like it is little taller than MG model as well.

Nobell Gundam was my first attempt at using airbrush for paint and priming and using handbrush for details instead of stickers. I will probably go back to repaint and give my Nobell a cleaner finish as she deserves it.

Hachigoki was my second attempt and it turned out better with the paint and detail. I finished most of the detailing but I need to go back and repaint some eyes and stripes and do panel line.

For Hachigoki I gave it a metallic finish by mixing black and silver for gunmetal, pink and metallic white for a pearl pink color. Rather than neutral color on stock plastic piece, I gave a lot of it a slight metallic shine. It is quite nice in person.

It took a long time but I enjoy the result for the most part. I have quite a few more kits to go but I am burnt out at the moment...

Shun

Great job. I don't know how you did all that in a weekend but I applaud you. Do you have any experience with airbrushing outside of this or is it your first attempt ever?

Very first attempt with airbrush. Though working through these kits gave me cramps from repeating the same movements.

I learned a lot from Nobell being my test subject. Definitely going to touch up Nobell to look as clean as Hachigoki.

Hachigoki is also very flexible, more so than Gunpla. The only downside is that the hands and fingers can be a little loose. I wish the Eva would have movable fingers like the MG Gundam units do.

Very first attempt with airbrush. Though working through these kits gave me cramps from repeating the same movements.

I learned a lot from Nobell being my test subject. Definitely going to touch up Nobell to look as clean as Hachigoki.

How did you feel about using the airbrush? I've been doing it for about 2 years now and it was a major game changer for me. I love it. You did a good job especially for your first time.

doubt OS would stop selling stuff on amiami.

I mean, they make tons of sonico shit, hell that sonico cheerleader is still up for preorder on amiami.

edit
Hell they have that one that just got opened for preorder on amiami with the falling dress.

Shun

How did you feel about using the airbrush? I've been doing it for about 2 years now and it was a major game changer for me. I love it. You did a good job especially for your first time.

It feels like carpal tunnel syndrome, especially when using it in a cramped space. I really love how clean and useful it is for painting. It makes the model kit finish a lot better than hand brush or with spray can. I like how much control I have over paint.

I need to get better so I can learn how to do small detail instead of hand brushing them.

I spent a lot of time cleaning and unclogging the brush and finding the right paint/thinner ratio and which paint combination mixes best.

I learned the hard way that metallics do not go through airbrushes well, so I had to mix metallic paints to get the gunmetal and pink and thin it out at a 2:1 or 3:1 alcohol to paint ratio so the metallic could go through.

I'm surprised myself that I got through this much. I can't believe I expected to go through 5 kits over 3 days...

Sorry to hear that it hurt your hands. I've never had that issue. Thinning paint is the biggest learning curve when starting I feel. Just make sure you wear a mask if you are painting anything other than water based acrylics. Hopefully it doesn't hurt your hand in the future. Happy painting.

chrono01

Haha, I'm glad to see that Chiaki Nanami is finally being released. I don't have her pre-ordered personally, but I know many here do. I'm happy for you guys/gals.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So, apparently Orchid Seed will no longer sell figures overseas. Gonna need to use a proxy or forwarding service.
Bah, better not fuck with my pre-orders or the third Bastard girl, love the ones I do have but I'm not gonna jump through fire for them.

You getting this one as well?

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/298259

Only $300+.

I pre-ordered it day one, even with the Medicom and GSC statues on pre-order can't have enough Berserk figures...

Woot, at least one figure in April. But I have it pre-ordrerd with Amazon.jp will it ship on release day or weeks later?

Ultimadrago

Orchid Seed's main course was always largely too lewd for my figure tastes, but my condolences to those that imported from them, if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom