• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

The good news: Devil Homura is in town (and so are 3 other small packages from ami/manda but who cares about those right now)!!

The bad news: I still had my work address from my address book on Rightstuf and for some reason they shipped the box there.

StayDead

Ah cool, didn't realize you bought one. Like others have said it's great for removing dust but you might still need a brush to get some things out.

I've got both now. While I've still got a cough I'm going to avoid manhandling my figures, but once this cold thing has gone I'll clearn the figures I've got out up and get some others out :>

The army grows.

SGR7kLm.jpg

Are you giving up on them?

Ya I did a little while back. Ended up selling the Toad that is in my latest order to a friend. Shame I can't really do anything with the opened ones since they are tied to my ID.

In other FigureGAF news when I get my order this week I will be firing off THE email to Ami. Going to ask for a complete cancellation of every order or closure of account. I have a handful of things reordered on HLJ but most are not due till June/July. Thinking of cancelling my order of Lucina Figma on there as well.

Einbroch

Banned
In other FigureGAF news when I get my order this week I will be firing off THE email to Ami. Going to ask for a complete cancellation of every order or closure of account. I have a handful of things reordered on HLJ but most are not due till June/July. Thinking of cancelling my order of Lucina Figma on there as well.

End of an era.

18?! You made it sound like you were out!

How many did you have before? :lol

Hmm about 35 or so. That number might go down even more though since HLJ allows cancels. Actually it's 16 now that I look at it since two of them are in this order on it's way. Lots of Nendos and Medicchus so it's not bad.

Guessing it's because of how little use they have?

Ya at that point it's just a display piece if they don't have my account.

Damn, good luck man.

Josephl64

Hmm about 35 or so. That number might go down even more though since HLJ allows cancels. Actually it's 16 now that I look at it since two of them are in this order on it's way. Lots of Nendos and Medicchus so it's not bad.

Ya at that point it's just a display piece if they don't have my account.

How do you even get that many orders? Are they all really small? Either way, glad to see you're not completely out.

Fair enough, I got into it thinking they would never be used well and just wanting them as figures so that's why I'm still in.

Hehe

I do have 18 things still on order so ya lol. Not like I am stepping out of the hobby

Me neither, but I'm out in terms of Ami. That culture of locking you in to preorders when other sites don't became a big turnoff for me. Now, part of the responsibility falls on me as the customer who places those preorders, but is it really that hard to adopt a policy whereby those who have a long-standing account with a good reputation are not treated the same as someone who can't pay up/begs for forgiveness every other payment request? Maybe set a period of fair notice for cancellations, ie 'x amount of days or weeks' prior to release?

I'll fall back on them for preowned if necessary, but me and Ami parted ways gracefully a few weeks back - I asked them to cancel all my (large) monthly preorders, they said it was a one-time deal and they'd let me keep my account, but all orders would be cancelled, no exceptions. Fair play to them, they gave me the option and I took it.

I guess I'm just burned out on certain sites not realising that people have lives outside of their hobby, and being understanding that things change, buying budget reduces, etc. In my experience, Nippon Yasan were practically vitriolic, Ami were at least fair, but there are friendlier options out there which I suppose is where my business will be headed from now on.

How do you even get that many orders? Are they all really small? Either way, glad to see you're not completely out.

Fair enough, I got into it thinking they would never be used well and just wanting them as figures so that's why I'm still in.

Lots of Nendos and Medicchu lol they can add up.

Ultimadrago

Snkpls pls

Josephl64

Me neither, but I'm out in terms of Ami. That culture of locking you in to preorders when other sites don't became a big turnoff for me. Now, part of the responsibility falls on me as the customer who places those preorders, but is it really that hard to adopt a policy whereby those who have a long-standing account with a good reputation are not treated the same as someone who can't pay up/begs for forgiveness every other payment request? Maybe set a period of fair notice for cancellations, ie 'x amount of days or weeks' prior to release?

I'll fall back on them for preowned if necessary, but me and Ami parted ways gracefully a few weeks back - I asked them to cancel all my (large) monthly preorders, they said it was a one-time deal and they'd let me keep my account, but all orders would be cancelled, no exceptions. Fair play to them, they gave me the option and I took it.

I guess I'm just burned out on certain sites not realising that people have lives outside of their hobby, and being understanding that things change, buying budget reduces, etc. In my experience, Nippon Yasan were practically vitriolic, Ami were at least fair, but there are friendlier options out there which I suppose is where my business will be headed from now on.

Yep, got all my orders cancelled from AmiAmi...just don't like the way they do business. I'd rather CDJapan or even import from Amazon.jp.

Lots of Nendos and Medicchu lol they can add up.

So that's how it is, well to be fair if I had the funds I would probably get all the Kancolle medicchu, and a ton more.

I thought you can delete the data or whatever in the nfc chip?

Lucina will be delayed... /believe

I will have to look into that then. I think it still can't be tied to someone else's account even with that done.

Ya I am leaving her reserved on HLJ for now. Not sure how long they keep things in the private warehouse feature but if she can be shipped in May I will still buy.

Ultimadrago

?

I thought you would be one of the few on here to support saving money lol

I meant closing your Ami account forever. I'm in support of the cancellations, but Ami is a major figure option in case you replaced some of your collection. I hope they are understanding again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom