• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkadios

Squirrel Girl incoming :D
11133920_1075511172465278_4643105299835584476_o.jpg

I thought for a second it would be a Makoto Nanaya Bishoujo. Leaving disappointed.

SerTapTap

Sounds good, need to set up a Japanese account still hehe
I only got the PS4 one so I don't have Imu's figure

Setting up a JP account is really easy. Just google how to make a fake address and the rest is super easy. Be warned the OVA code is region locked, will need to proxy or something to watch it. I haven't even bothered yet. Nothing game related is region locked.

Missing out on Ryona's figure? That's a paddlin'

Setting up a JP account is really easy. Just google how to make a fake address and the rest is super easy. Be warned the OVA code is region locked, will need to proxy or something to watch it. I haven't even bothered yet. Nothing game related is region locked.

Missing out on Ryona's figure? That's a paddlin'

Ya I just have been lazy on setting one up lol...

I wanted both LEs right now but I am hoping the Vita one goes cheap but I doubt it.

When is the tour?

Lol...nothing to crazy to see, it's your average cookie cutter home that looks like rest in the neighborhood hah. I have posted most of my figure and gaming goodies on Twitter along with the front of the house and my car after I got it back from the accident earlier this year.

SerTapTap

Ya I just have been lazy on setting one up lol...

I wanted both LEs right now but I am hoping the Vita one goes cheap but I doubt it.

The PS4 non-LE almost sold out it's shipment...I wouldn't count on any non-3DS LE coming down in price personally but I know you've been cutting back. I'm just biased towards Ryona. Miyabi is good too

Einbroch

Banned
Lol...nothing to crazy to see, it's your average cookie cutter home that looks like rest in the neighborhood hah. I have posted most of my figure and gaming goodies on Twitter along with the front of the house and my car after I got it back from the accident earlier this year.

No one got time to scroll through 4000+ images!

The PS4 non-LE almost sold out it's shipment...I wouldn't count on any non-3DS LE coming down in price personally but I know you've been cutting back. I'm just biased towards Ryona. Miyabi is good too

Figured so, I couldn't bring myself to pay for both when I know I will rebuy when the localization hits here. I do kinda want the Vita one still, I loved taking pics of Versus on there. For...reasons.

No one got time to scroll through 4000+ images!

Don't hate on my cute spam. I can repost them here if people want to see that hadn't. They are just cell phone pics lol.

MightyAlpha

Neo Member
How is the quality? Aparently the Yamato was abysmal.

I don't own the Yamato, but I just looked up some reviews. Youch, they did an awful job on the paint and assembly.
Atago is a lot better! The paint job is great and haven't found any assembly left overs.
My only complaint so far is her hat. It generally stays on, but if you're moving the figure around (when swapping parts for example), it tends to fall off.

You and your custom license plates ;p

Acid08

Banned
I'll take pictures and stuff tomorrow but I'll say this now about the Noriko figure: I absolutely love it. It's a very old figure so the quality isn't super good but the pose and expression capture her perfectly. The base is also fucking amazing. So very very very happy I was able to get her :)

Femto.

Well....I had to put up a warning after someone sent me a DM ranting about it....then blocked me.
What a lame-o, there's an unfollow button for a reason.

I saw an image of Yamato and Musashi that made me regret not pre ordering them, especially the heavy armament. Only non-abyss women worth getting.

What a lame-o, there's an unfollow button for a reason.

I saw an image of Yamato and Musashi that made me regret not pre ordering them, especially the heavy armament. Only non-abyss women worth getting.

Ya I kinda said that back to him/her but then noticed the block lol. I know some don't care for the spam but I enjoy sharing things I find cute....probably explains why I like to respond with gifs a lot.

yami4ct

Got this box of stuff in today.

Only had a chance to check out MP Star Saber. I don't think I've ever been so decidedly mixed on a figure, especially an MP.

There's a lot of love put into this thing. An amazing level of sculpt detail. It's like Saber himself leapt off screen. The gimmicks are super cool and create a great amount of playability. Love both the shield flight stand and the way the Brain of Courage goes into little Saber's chest elevator. So cool.

On the negative side, there's a whole bunch of weird tolerance issues. His antenna are supposed to sit at an angle for the robot mode and straight forward in Space Fortress mode, yet they are far too tight and tend to spring either too far out or too far in. It's difficult to get it to hold in either proper pose. I'm not sure if this is a design flaw or QC issue, but either way it's not great. Small Saber himself also has a hard time holding poses as his feet tend to fold in on themselves when he stands. He also has no left/right hip joint, which is strange. Transformation is fun and simple, until you have to put small saber in the V-Star body. He just doesn't want to click in smoothly at all. I find myself having to futz with it until one side pops in and finally just give the other a good push. Then there's the fact that the wrist guards prevent him from holding his swords in a way that makes sense. Finally, his left arm has a very soft, almost non-existant ratchet for me. It doesn't affect possibility, but still annoying.

Despite all that, I really do like the figure. I think. He's just so good looking in all modes and really fun to mess with. You'll be hard pressed to find a pose he doesn't look like a complete badass in. The figure in a figure in a figure armor gimmicks are really interesting to see in a MP figure and it's super cool, despite some of the issues of getting the small figure in the armor. I would say if you enjoy transforming robots, he's still totally worth a buy. I just wish he had that little extra polish to make him perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom