• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with this figure is that the pose is so damn boring. Also I never was a big fan of her final form. The asking price will be the final nail in that coffin.

I like her, I'm leery about supporting only one leg, tho. Price will be a huge factor here.

I'm sure it'll be stupid-high.

How come there's 2 flight decks? :p :p :p

oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg

I'll reiterate from a previous post.

Ryuko's final transformation emphasizes Senketsu becoming fully awakened. The yellow trapezoids across Ryuko's center are meant to visually invoke the idea of Senketsu's bared teeth. Ryuko's headband now forming eyebrows for Senketsu's fully opened eyes. The entire image is meant to give Senketsu a commanding presence in the transformation.

And it didn't translate well into the figure at all. The "teeth" meeting as an "X" is pretty offputting, and ruins the imagery imo.

It doesn't make the figure as a whole bad, per se, but it does detract from it enough that I'm not willing to pay what will be an undoubtedly high price for her.

RMI

Banned
They did a good job on Ryuko's body but the pose and the snack crackers ate ruining it for me. Maybe it will bomba.

Wubby

Is this the Kancolle thread? I got this today from a UFO catcher machine. My second Kancolle plush. I saw it in the machine and had to have it! 1500yen later it was mine... I don't care for the girls but it's rather hilarious to have a stuffed Japanese WWII battleship gun (torpedo launcher in this case actually). Even has a leg strap haha.

omlet

Is this the Kancolle thread? I got this today from a UFO catcher machine. My second Kancolle plush. I saw it in the machine and had to have it! 1500yen later it was mine... I don't care for the girls but it's rather hilarious to have a stuffed Japanese WWII battleship gun (torpedo launcher in this case actually). Even has a leg strap haha.

Haha...

And in case your question is serious and not just part of the running gag about the proliferation of shipgirls here (not sure since don't see you posting in here regularly), there actually is a KanColle OT http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=991793

RMI

Banned
Mandarake shipped my Kos-Mos figma... now to play the registered SAL waiting game. I usually have better luck than some of you guys, so here's hoping for a 2-3 week transit time.

Preview: Love Live! School Idol Festival - Kotori Minami 1/7 Complete Figure by Alter
Meshi here, ready to deliver another heaping helping of figure previews! Love Live! boasts as complete a media mix as anything out there, with twice the fan-generated content to boot. Today's figure hails from an Ultra Rare card from the series' social game School Idol Festival. Let's dig in!

Love Live! School Idol Festival - Kotori Minami 1/7 Complete Figure [Alter]

If this Snowman, Kotori Style were any hotter she'd melt herself (along with my heart)!

There's so much to love in this garishly sexy get up, but what holds it all together is the belly button cutaway.

I take that back. What this figure is really all about is a chaotic array of balance and unbalance. The sceptre's crown mirrors Kotori's while her stockings don't match each other at all. And yet it works! Top it all off with layered textures of metallic, frill and fluff and you've got one of the most sophisticated figures out there!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Scarier Than Ebola
Hdge+technical+statue+No.1EX+Ca+Strange+Blue+ver.+Complete+figure+%5BUnion+Creative%5D

Calne Ca, the bio-horror offshoot of Hatsune Miku, made it through US quarantine and she's got the stars and stripes to prove it. Did Miku infect America, or did America infect Miku?

Hdge technical statue No.1EX Ca Strange Blue ver. Complete figure [Union Creative]
Size: Approx. 250mm
Material: ATBC-PVC, ABS / Base: ABS
===============================
Ryuko Matoi: Senketsu Kisaragi Ver.
Today’s main feature…!
o0515035613265151349.jpg

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

Just a quick warning that there might be some spoilers to KILL la KILL in this blog! You might want to avoid reading if you haven’t finished the series!

Anyway, without further ado today’s blog will be taking a look at…

Ryuko Matoi: Senketsu Kisaragi Ver.!★
o0515060413265151237.jpg

From the anime series ‘KILL la KILL’ comes a scale figure of Ryuko Matoi wearing Senketsu in her final form after absorbing the strength of all the Goku Uniforms to become ‘Senketsu Kisaragi’! The pose comes from episode 24 of the anime series, ‘Past the Infinite Darkness’, where Ryuko fought against Ragyo Kiryuin in outer space.

The pose and design captures Ryuko’s feminine beauty, but also shows off her strong will and determination though her powerful gaze. The base will made in the image of outer space to help bring out the atmosphere of the final battle, and the figure itself can be enjoyed from any angle you choose to view her from. Be sure to add her to your collection!
Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!! (´□`。)

A 1/8th scale of Ryuko-chan wearing Senketsu in their final form!!! She is posed holding a scissor blade in each hand, confident for battle!

The long awaited figure that captures Ryuko at her strongest point in the final climax scene is the series is finally here! Who would ever have expected to see Ryuko become this at the end of the epic story!! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ

I still listen to the theme songs all the time! The first and second opening and ending were all amazing!!

By the way, you can still watch KILL la KILL episode one on the following websites:
⇒ NicoNico Douga: KILL la KILL Episode One
⇒ Bandai Channel: KILL la KILL Episode One

You can find other streaming sites for specific countries here: http://www.killlakill.com/streaming/

Anyway, let’s get back to the figure!

Senketsu really looks like a weapon of great power, but still shows off loads of soft looking skin!
o0515056413265150865.jpg

The contrast between the texture of Ryuko’s skin and Senketsu is lovely!

The figure has been brushed-up multiple times since it’s prototype stages, and although it’s a relatively simple standing (floating?) pose, the vigour and power of Ryuko comes though very effectively through the sculpt and paintwork!

Let’s see how she looks from the back! ヽ(゚◇゚ )ノ
o0515055713265150575.jpg

The translucent effect parts are amazing! ♥

I think most people who see her from behind will have their eyes pulled to her lovely bottom at first, but there are many, many things to enjoy even from the back! Just look at the effect parts emanating from her hips or the gradient paintwork and enamel appearance of her thigh-high boots. (●´ω`●)ゞ

This is the only coloured prototype of this figure that exists at the moment, and I had to be so careful when putting her together! In particular the thin effect parts… I was rather nervous taking photos of her! (/ω\)
o0515070513265150573.jpg

As a side note, the final product that will be reaching everyone will be nowhere near as delicate as the prototype, so don’t worry about that! (It also might just be that I’m just really clumsy….)
CB5Ss4yUAAAjIbl.jpg:large

CB5UnLtUkAIRc4s.jpg:large

CA7Vqt9UsAACcn4.jpg:large

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/43511506.html
592d54c7-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/43509011.html
w-artfxp_rca2_k3po2p_7054.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/63689/
N20150402GA_003.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/63619/
N20150403FA_001.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/63732/
1afdd4b2.jpg

b48cbcd1.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/43402858.html
5ec366b5.jpg

b724189a.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/43398787.html
adc87e08.jpg

dbe5e676.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/43500546.html
For Drago:
Idolmaster+Kirarin+Dash

Like Anzu Futaba says, if you work, you lose... so spend some of your extra time playing Kirarin Dash, a browse game from dojin circle illuCalab. Take control of Kirari and collect as many Anzu (Anzus?) and point-multiplying pop cans as you can before you crash. But watch out--with gameplay this addictive you might become a NEET for real! (Unless you already are, in which case, go nuts.)

Official homepage: http://www27113u.sakura.ne.jp/kirarin/

SerTapTap

waiting for sal.gif

I've got like 7 items (most of them not figures) mid-transit from Japan all not EMS (and with no possible way to pick EMs). Kill me. One shipped in early Feb and still isn't here.

SoldnerKei

that Makoto looks quite bad, gosh that hair lol... such a shame since it's Makoto :c

finally freaking Snow White is in the country, now just to wait a few days before it arrives home, now just waiting for Rorona and to see if anything from my april order got delayed

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I like how Kirari is depicted as super tall when she's only 182cm (just over 5'11" for the out of date people). I would have expected at least 2m.

Acid08

Banned
I don't care about all the complaints, I think she still looks great. Can't wait to order this.
Agreed. I get the complaints but I still think she looks amazing. Will be ordering for sure. Also realized that by the time my KLK collection is done I'll have:

2 scales
2 prize figures
2 figmas
2 nendos

Kinda cool.

meijiko

Anyone grabbing that A+ DC Sorceress figure?

She looks great here but I don't know much about A+ plus I don't think I can fit another 1/4th scale figure in my place.

I'll probably get her eventually... The seam on her dress is really bothering me right now, but if A+ shows that they're going to make all the classes, I want the whole set. I already have my eyes on the Fighter, but I'm hoping he'll get bargain binned sometime because his shipping is stupid high.

SerTapTap

I don't like that sort-of-transparent hair. I guess it must look great in certain exact lighting but it mostly just looks weird and not the right color. Annoyed that most KOS MOS figures seem to use it.

The dress seam is kind of annoying but I'd consider it depending on price. Don't think I'll like the price though, not at 1/4th~

Agreed. I get the complaints but I still think she looks amazing. Will be ordering for sure. Also realized that by the time my KLK collection is done I'll have:

2 scales
2 prize figures
2 figmas
2 nendos

Kinda cool.

I didn't bother ordering the figmas or Nendos, as of now I have both of the prize figures and just Phat Satsuki. Senketsu Satsuki will be coming in the summer, and then final form Ryuko.

First sale on MFC successful! Buyer finally gave me feedback.

I have another buyer that is interested in that Asuka figure. He seems like a good guy but it does give me pause when he has only been on the site for 18 days with very little friends listed. He lives a state away and I feel better about the deal than I did before after talking to him this morning but still...just don't want to get ripped off haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom