• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max Factory why you no include with Figma Akagi?
B9k94_pCIAALz3h.jpg

I demand a rerelease.

+1

omlet

Hm, nothing I really want that badly in the HS sale, though those are some good prices, especially on that Signum (ofc sold out instantly).

Back to sleep I go.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
How much are you willing to pay? N-Y has the non-limited version and that:

Also got the Kill la Kill - RAH Matoi Ryuko Sukajan Ver. up for order at 31,750¥

Fuck NY got her in finally and again while I slept... Woulda had to pass, but damn it...

My Sol Badguy figures arrived :3

Auw95Sb.jpg

Hg7cqrt.jpg

tF0QBLG.jpg

Sol dual wielding the Junkyard Dog Mk. III & Fireseal & Dizzy :)

And took some new pics of my other figures on display!

1/4 KOS-MOS (Version 4) & E.S. Dinah

H151Wkw.jpg

1/4 T-elos

Qb6tiZ7.jpg

Megaman & Megaman X figures

117bSSQ.jpg

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV & Kongiku & Momohime

xifb9PF.jpg

Awesome collection, does Sol Badguy hold up to close scrutiny? Embrace Japan made the only figure in my collection that looks like a poorly re-cast and painted GK...

My latest acquisition

3kprtZA.jpg

jy5prQn.jpg

ES2B8bB.jpg

Lady Death looks great.

Hello there, and welcome to H3XAntiStyle's basic guide to basic photography! Featuring lots of pictures (I mean seriously it's a photography guide there should be lots of pictures. Your ISP can go suck it for all I care)!
In this tutorial, you'll get some basic advice, basic instruction, and some basic trains of thought, but not learn how to program in the Basic coding language! Ask someone else for that!

Bookmarked, will dig into it later...

Since we're all here talkin' bout photography, I took some photos of Yuki Mori recently. Here's one along w/ Melda:

A friend picked her up for me in Akihabara like 2 days before her re-release got announced. She's a nice figure, but another one that seems not particularly photogenic.

Yeah, space girls don't like the camera, that Yuki looks better then pilot suit vers though...

Thanks a lot for the pics ! Looks really good, a little panel lining seems doable easily... And the scale is 24k for the size so...
If my monthly Amiami order doesn't grow too much, I might cave in :)

No problem, and yeah after I clean it up, I'll work on gluing it together, do some light painting, panel lining etc. Just need to be able to do it when my sons at nursery or in bed.

90c9f92f-noscale.jpg

'Revised charges to be paid'

Well, of course... BUT I WANT HER NOW

Any other UK people finding the customs charging/processing pace really hasn't picked up again since Christmas? Usually by now stuff from Japan via EMS is turned over within 4-5 days for me, but a week or more seems depressingly more common. I can understand it over the Christmas period, but we're in the middle of February now... bunch of slackers.

Yeah it's been slow since Christmas...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never bother looking at my tracking info which is why I don't mind doing unregistered sometimes. And like Theonik said, I live near a sorting office so I don't have much fear of my parcels getting lost.

*touch wood*

Bombless

90c9f92f-noscale.jpg

'Revised charges to be paid'

Well, of course... BUT I WANT HER NOW

Any other UK people finding the customs charging/processing pace really hasn't picked up again since Christmas? Usually by now stuff from Japan via EMS is turned over within 4-5 days for me, but a week or more seems depressingly more common. I can understand it over the Christmas period, but we're in the middle of February now... bunch of slackers.

Dude, belgian customs means EMS takes AT LEAST 10 days to reach me. More often than not 2 weeks.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Sale is up. Nothing that interests me.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/360/0/1

Holy handfuls of disappointment, a bunch of meh all in one place. Nothing great really goes on sale anymore...

This is pretty much real time, just got a tweet from a friend who's at the Tokyo Tower right now. Lookee what they found/bought:

B9oruCiCMAAtD8t.jpg

*so proud*

Tell him to spend more, he's in Japan, he should be getting some really good expensive shit that would be cost prohibitive to import. Also needs more WO...

I never bother looking at my tracking info which is why I don't mind doing unregistered sometimes. And like Theonik said, I live near a sorting office so I don't have much fear of my parcels getting lost.

*touch wood*

So do I - mine is about 5 minutes drive down the road from my office :\ It's the customs processing that's the biggest delay in the delivery chain for me.

Love those figures. The Ryuko one especially is so great.

Great for the price. Best bit is they saw them in a UFO catcher yesterday but decided against trying to win them. The next day, boom - found them on general sale, yay!

Dude, belgian customs means EMS takes AT LEAST 10 days to reach me. More often than not 2 weeks.

Have a word with yourself, Belgium... doin' it wrong

Tell him to spend more, he's in Japan, he should be getting some really good expensive shit that would be cost prohibitive to import. Also needs more WO...

He and his partner aren't into figures in a big way - they just enjoy a few anime series and obviously KLK has had a big crossover appeal. You and I know the difference between a prize figure and something a little higher in quality, but I know they'll both be delighted with those two prize figures sat on the mantelpiece back home.

FIGURE-007534.jpg

Preordered.

I know nothing of this series or this character BUT whenever I see a unique figure with a vibrant color scheme and a very different art style, I cannot resist.

After my preorders on the 1/8 and Nendo of Wo and Re Class, a series in which I know nothing of, I'll preorder anything if it looks good to me.

I'm in this for the long haul.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Queen of the Dead:

LOADED TO VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY!!!

Today is the day...

Watch they will attempt deliver during the time I walk my son to nursery...

He and his partner aren't into figures in a big way - they just enjoy a few anime series and obviously KLK has had a big crossover appeal. You and I know the difference between a prize figure and something a little higher in quality, but I know they'll both be delighted with those two prize figures sat on the mantelpiece back home.

Figured as much he looks to normal to be a figure nut, and those two prize figures are great I've got 'em myself. I'm just imagining what I'd be like in Japan, but I'd probably find a way to sell my plane ticket to buy more figures and try to walk home...

StayDead

I'm not clicking that sale link. I have no money.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Nothing there, click away. Don't look at Amiami pre-owned though...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

The one KanColle nendo is already sold out.

Unless you want this.

Zerojul

Pretty safe, there's not much IMHO.

FIGURE-007534.jpg

Preordered.

I know nothing of this series or this character BUT whenever I see a unique figure with a vibrant color scheme and a very different art style, I cannot resist.

This is what I need to cool down on - impulse buys that I have little to no awareness of the character portrayed. I've allowed myself Elin because she gives me the same punch in the feels as Momohime (my first 'proper' figure) did...

FIGURE-009127_01.jpg

The odd nendo here and there is okay, but with display space forever being an issue I can't get too distracted with large figures making a land grab.

(Someone remember to link back to this post when I see some glorious figure down the line and completely eat my words, thx)

Bombless

FIGURE-006581.jpg

Grabbed Jeanne off the HS sale. Super cheap and through SAL, should arrive here without any taxes.

Keep in mind the Hobby Search sale updates regularily. They don't throw everything out there from the get go.

Femto.

Where is that Samurai character from?
Is she crazy popular or is it just because the figure is beautiful? (Don't dig the recolor though.)

All right, I put in some time working with my phone's camera, learning how to use it's limited functions. It seems pretty bare-bones, but I was able to make progress.

I turned on the grid, and worked with selective focus for a while, and produced much better pics than what I've been putting up in the thread (imo at least). Even with dumb stuff like books and a soda can as a backdrop it was noticeably better.

I got carried away though and didn't notice the battery was super low. Now the phone's completely dead and charging. That was enough for tonight. I would spend all day tomorrow at work taking pictures, but unfortunately that's frowned upon in a secure naval base :(.

Thanks again, H3X for the incredible guide. Even after a short time, it's helped me immensely.

raven777

Where is that Samurai character from?
Is she crazy popular or is it just because the figure is beautiful? (Don't dig the recolor though.)

7th Dragon 2020. I think it's more to do with how the figure looks, not her popularity from the original game. I think she is one of the best looking figure I have ever seen (original color version)

7th Dragon 2020. I think it's more to do with how the figure looks, not her popularity from the original game. I think she is one of the best looking figure I have ever seen (original color version)

I agree. Miwa Shirou is a pretty well liked artist and the Shining Wizard sculpted figures match the artwork about as well as I could imagine. The whole series looks great.

raven777

I agree. Miwa Shirou is a pretty well liked artist and the Shining Wizard sculpted figures match the artwork about as well as I could imagine. The whole series looks great.

Yea the whole series is great. But Samurai definitely stands out in terms of quality.

samurai_wtab79.jpg

98947.jpg

I am hoping for drop in price for the original version once recolor comes out. But I think it will still be very expensive.

Femto.

Thanks

Looked up a gameplay trailer and I did not expect to see Miku lol

Ryuuroden

That Signum discount. Pre-orders rekt.

I've never bothered to look before but apparently I'm pretty close to it in South London.

I sometimes wonder about the sales that sell out right away. I own signum and no regrets because she was an exclusive. If she hadn't been an exclusive I probably would held off since a lot of nanoha figures drop in price.

Bombless

Should had been a black cat. Missed opportunity :(
This is great!

the Asuna is 5.5k is pretty nice, but I dont like SAO enough to buy anything from it. (sold anyway)

I'm also surprised that sorceress was so cheap, I'm guessing because everyone prefers the megahouse one

I'm pretty sure she's EMS only, that means big box and big shipping fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom