• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
So Matoi Ryuuko - Senketsu Kisaragi Ver. is going up for pre-order later today. No price/release date yet, but I'm expecting 16k+ yen easily.

Final product pictures:

Bonus:

The angle you all want to see more of [NSFW]

She doesn't look bad, but I don't personally feel a "need" to own her. I'm happy with Phat Company's Ryuko/Satsuki. The inevitable high price-point, as well as shelf real-estate, doesn't help things.

However, I know some of you might be interested, so I thought I'd make a post just in case!

I'M READY

Yuki Yuna goes up tonight also. Anyone else ordering her?

She's probably the lewdest figure I own, but she's hilarious. The obvious Princess Peach parody made her a must-buy.

I'll admit I'm not a huge mario fan but it is an awesome figure lol

I'M READY

Yuki Yuna goes up tonight also. Anyone else ordering her?

I haven't seen the anime yet (Evil blu-ray of it is $72 for 4 episodes) but I love her character design and the figure looks amazing, as long as it comes out after july i'll pre order her

Ryuuroden

I'll admit I'm not a huge mario fan but it is an awesome figure lol

I haven't seen the anime yet (Evil blu-ray of it is $72 for 4 episodes) but I love her character design and the figure looks amazing, as long as it comes out after july i'll pre order her

Yuki Yuna is on Crunchyroll. Really you should just subscribe, the streaming quality is top notch and if you subscribe, you have access to a pretty huge library of shows. A lot cheaper then buying dvd/bd's.

EDIT: Plus it serves as a good, "I don't support piracy, see I subscribe to a legal streaming service" badge.

Yuki Yuna is on Crunchyroll. Really you should just subscribe, the streaming quality is top notch and if you subscribe, you have access to a pretty huge library of shows. A lot cheaper then buying dvd/bd's.

EDIT: Plus it serves as a good, "I don't support piracy, see I subscribe to a legal streaming service" badge.

Thanks for the comment ! Crunchy roll is a great site but for me I just don't really enjoy subs at all plus watching anime online just doesn't feel right to me, theres just something satisfying as owning the disk, putting it it and enjoying that streaming can't replicate lol

Ryuuroden

I know crunchy roll is a great site but I just don't really enjoy subs at all plus for me, watching anime online just doesn't feel right, just not as satisfying as having a disk lol

Dammit, you can't be my image of an ideal girlfriend anymore. You watch english dubbed anime. dreams crushed :p

j/k

Acid08

Banned
I don't know. Need to see prices and release dates. Yuki, I'm leery of because I don't want to start collecting another series.

Somehow I doubt Alter will make all five. Then again, I don't really know how popular the series is. I thought I read that its sales exceeded expectations so, hey, maybe there is hope. Only two out of the five have been announced though.

Acid08

Banned
tempted to get the Yuki Yuna figure. I will be more likely to dive in and do so either after release or if the rest get made.

All five would be great but they're already making Togo too. Yuki+Togo is a pretty killer combo even if the others don't get made.

Ryuuroden

All five would be great but they're already making Togo too. Yuki+Togo is a pretty killer combo even if the others don't get made.

I would trade all 5 in for an Alter Yona with her sword and bow and short hair (Akatsuki no Yona/Yona of the Dawn, glorious shoujo anime)

-214880637.JPG

Dammit, you can't be my image of an ideal girlfriend anymore. You watch english dubbed anime. dreams crushed :p

j/k

Awww :'( -sadface- lol Love Live! and Oreimo are two of my top favorite Anime's though despite being sub only lol

but anyway that Yuki Yuna nendo is tempting too.

Acid08

Banned

Yeah, idk if I can honestly say it's worth the money it would cost. I did really enjoy it though.

Naw, CR is trash ;)

On the real though, I don't support CR because they have been actively trying to destroy sub groups. I mean, without sub groups, where would we be today?

Thanks for the comment ! Crunchy roll is a great site but for me I just don't really enjoy subs at all plus watching anime online just doesn't feel right to me, theres just something satisfying as owning the disk, putting it it and enjoying that streaming can't replicate lol
Indeed! Plus you got to factor in streaming issues. But yea, I love owning disc copies too.

Ryuuroden

Awww :'( -sadface- lol Love Live! and Oreimo are two of my top favorite Anime's though despite being sub only lol

but anyway that Yuki Yuna nendo is tempting too.

Love Live is amazing and Oreimo is good even if it was disturbing but I have a high tolerance to that sort of thing since I've been watching anime for 15 years (plus I knew it was coming years ahead of time cause Japan). Best character in Oreimo is his sisters yandere friend, Ayase, at least imo. >.>

Ryuuroden

Naw, CR is trash ;)

On the real though, I don't support CR because they have been actively trying to destroy sub groups. I mean, without sub groups, where would we be today?

Indeed! Plus you got to factor in streaming issues. But yea, I love owning disc copies too.

Sub groups did their job but now that there are fast legal means to watching anime where money goes back to the studios and makers in some form and it doesn't mean I have to buy dvd's blind then I will support it over sub groups (I used to encode and time for subgroups "way back in the day" so its not like I don't have any appreciation for them, I did it for shows that were not getting any licence for the USA though and this was pre streaming days.).

It's like I will subscribe to a streaming service or buy songs individually for music now that it is offered because now I don't have to buy an entire cd for one song where the rest of the cd is garbage as was so common in the 90's. Sure those services aren't perfect and music artists are still getting screwed but at least some money is going to them. Final stage would be, and some already offer it, music artists selling their music direct to consumer with no music label middleman taking 90% of their money.

I will admit I used to download music in the early 2000's but that was when the option was buy an entire CD for 16+ dollars and that was it. That was a bullshit option, I ended up getting cds from the library and ripping them instead in those days lol. end rant :D

Gonna post images of figures that weren't in the dengeki gallery but amiami has, before it packs up whilst I work lol, but first other stuffs:
Fake edit, in fact being near the top, and image gallery bomb, will be annoying for people to browse this page so I'm just gonna link the places and you guys copy and paste the figures that caught your interests.
gp04.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-10519.html
2e8faa62-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/43616368.html
302801.jpg

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/302801
==============================
Preview: Cardfight!! Vanguard - Omniscience Regalia, Minerva 1/8 Complete Figure by Kotobukiya
Meshi here, ready to deliver another heaping helping of figure previews! I'm happy to see that the media mix of new school TCGs like Cardfight!! Vanguard are raising a new generation of analog gamers. Today's figure is particularly popular with young and old players alike thanks to Tony Taka's art and her Grade 3 stats. Let's dig in!

Cardfight!! Vanguard - Omniscience Regalia, Minerva 1/8 Complete Figure [Kotobukiya]

Start clearing out the best spot in your display case now, this Minerva isn't fooling around--and neither is her spear! Together they stand at around 30cm tall!!

All Knowing, huh... I usually go for All Showing but I'm willing to make an exception here! Sexy as her open shouldered miko uniform is I can't help but feel a bit blasphemous when I see the shinto paper "shide" hair ornaments.

Hey, if the owl is allowed to stare I have nothing to feel bad about. Between him and the hair feathers she looks wise far beyond her apparent years.
Also Akame ga Kill fans, you have to make due with this:

Ryuuroden

The Cardfight Vanguard figure is beautiful, I just have to draw a line somewhere however on stuff I don't watch or don't play. Right now, Ship Women and Seven Sins as well as any future Rage of Bahamut figures have a large chunk of my figure budget already accounted for.

Sub groups did their job but now that there are fast legal means to watching anime where money goes back to the studios and makers in some form and it doesn't mean I have to buy dvd's blind then I will support it over sub groups. It's like I will subscribe to a streaming service or buy songs individually for music now that it is offered because now I don't have to buy an entire cd for one song where the rest of the cd is garbage as was so common in the 90's. Sure those services aren't perfect and music artists are still getting screwed but at least some money is going to them. Final stage would be, and some already offer it, music artists selling their music direct to consumer with no music label middleman taking 90% of their money. I will admit I used to download music in the early 2000's but that was when the option was buy an entire CD for 16+ dollars and that was it. That was a bullshit option, I ended up getting cds from the library and ripping them instead in those days lol. end rant :D
Eh if the quality was good then I'd be up for it. At times their subs are bad, they only show censored versions of shows, their 1080p is just a 720p upconvert that has macroblocking, their apps for streaming can suck most of the time. The only good thing that has come out of CR is that it has forced US based companies to step up their game in different areas (Like dub simulcastings) and more exposure.

I probably could go into a full blown essay (like how it has negatively affected physical prices) on why I don't care for CR but i'll leave it at that lol.

I picked up this beauty last night :)

raven777

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom