• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Man I just notice that the Pit figmas are pretty high in price lol. Think I glad I ended up picking up at least Dark Pit from Anime AX last summer, which I got for $45 (saw the regular Pit for $50 I believe).

Two things.

One, something was spilled on the figure. The owner cleaned it up, but missed a spot on her lips and it say there, staining it. Possible. Colored liquid like soda could sit on her lips easily.

Two, I'll just put it bluntly: the person jerked off on her face and didn't clean her well. More common than you think.

Please tell me that last point is a joke...:|

That sounds really nasty, ugh.

I had another suprise in the mail today. It was Uni from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series!. Bonus info, these are the first pics I'm posting after reading H3X's photo guide. For reference, here's some photos I posted a while back.

The manufacturer for Uni, Nepgear (shown in a few pics here), and the upcoming Noire, is Broccoli. I'd never really heard of them before buying Nepgear, but I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of these two.
UnTpk3i.jpg

A closer view of her face. The eyes turned out gorgeous, and the fine lines of her hair look great as well. The Neptunia character designs use a lot of vibrant colors without too much detail, and this translates well in the figures.

A view from the back shows the detail in Uni's bow.

The great thing about Uni is that she was designed to pair with Nepgear. Here's a wider shot showing how their bases interlock. Nepgear also came with an extra arm part to use with both of them so that they appear holding hands. <3

Of all of the pics I took for these two, I think this one turned out best. I'm not really qualified to say so, but my pics look much better since my original Nepgear photos. H3X's guide has helped me a bunch!

And finally picture of the two from behind, just for completion's sake.

I'm actually really happy with Broccoli's work. They're producing the upcoming Noire, and based on these two, I'll be there day 1.

BONUS CONTENT!

Both Uni and Nepgear came with a crystal character paperweight. Since I found out about GifCam, I decided try my hand at using it, and made this:

I would have shown both Uni and Nepgear at the same time, but I couldn't find enough AAA batteries for both :(

EDIT: Fixed the gif

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Got her for 1k on mandarake, well 1.5k after the 500k handling fee for being cheap...

Don't know but i just ordered the abyssal one, find out in June...

Man.

4780 A/B.

Seriously considering her.

Do it.

They'll all get scale figures eventually. :)
But I need them all now...

We all know how the manufacturer intended the space to be filled.

Was it that low? I thought it was 2kish would have definitely got her on whim for 1.5k.
Getting her anyway I think.
She's good, a bit of a weird lean though...

tauke

I would have shown both Uni and Nepgear at the same time, but I couldn't find enough AAA batteries for both :(

EDIT: My Gif isn't showing :(. Until I figure out how to fix it, here's a link

Looks good. Also here is the GIF:

http://i.imgur.com/zYcgCuC.gif *poof it became a link to prevent slowdown for Chrome users*

Guess you accidentally try to embed the .gifv which is imgur way of recompressing GIF to a video format which helps to reduce the file size.

Looks good. Also here is the GIF:

Guess you accidentally try to embed the .gifv which is imgur way of recompressing GIF to a video format which helps to reduce the file size.

Yes, I just figured that out. Even though I had a gif on my end, imgur turned it into a webm, and NeoGAF doesn't seem to like those.

While I'm on the subject of Hyperdimension Neptunia, there were a few new figures from the series shown at WonFes. One in particular had a "no photos" warning. Well, it seems someone did sneak a peak at her

She's the top-back right one.

I don't know how I feel. That's a fairly bland non-typical outfit for Purple Heart.

Zerojul

So I really have to preorder that as soon as possible :
crnm.jpg

But Bandai is getting mad with the prices. 13,8k for a Myth Cloth is almost twice the price of the last Gold. Between them and Hot Toys goind crazy and the fall of the Euro I'm beginning to worry even more about my budget than I used to :/

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding their system? You can't order (as a random example) Tohka anymore, she's not available for backorder, and there's no announced intention to re-release her, but there she is. I have no idea what AmiAmi's standards are for when they permanently remove a standard listing from their store, but I remember watching the Tomoko nendo (among many others) for ~8 months now and seeing nothing but a [Sold Out] page.

AmiAmi doesn't remove listings just because something is sold out. A lot of US shops will, though. Or at least get rid of any links to the item page outside of direct ones.

Ryuuroden

That wouldn't help the sale for sure. Unless someone sees that as an "added value".

Action figure Gaf is probably like "see those nasty figure gaffers." I have heard there are online boards dedicated to hot gluing action figures and amiibos as well. We do a public service warning of the dangers.

anyways, this is how she looks like from the front.

Siona1423356955.jpeg

Honestly I am not so sure on her face expression yet. It looks interesting but not really my liking.
I'm thinking this Miku has like a modern Lum or Dirty Pair go-go dancer vibe going for it. Her eyes have that softer retro 80s look to it which works for me lol.

But yeah, pre-ordering the figma version.

Preview: Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Light Cruiser Kitakami 1/8 Complete Figure by ques Q
Meshi here with another heaping helping of figure previews.
Our Wonder Festival coverage is beginning to cool down and I'm here to heat it up with reconnaissance of early release items. Admirals, here's what you're missing out if you didn't snag one at the event!

Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Light Cruiser Kitakami 1/8 Complete Figure [ques Q]
Kan+Colle+Light+Cruiser+Kitakami+1%2F8+Complete+Figure

Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition Winter 2015: Part 1
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

The offices are filled with a very sweet smell today… that can only mean that tomorrow is… a day of chocolatey goodness…

Anyway, today I’m going to share some photos from this Winter’s

Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition!
o0515044713216907337.jpg

What is the Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition?

The event is a special industry-only exhibition run by Good Smile Company which allows dealers and the media to get a close look at upcoming releases from various manufacturers.
Unboxings:
0eac1f3c.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/42745809.html
4bf11754.jpg

http://toy-navi.net/archives/42763725.html
=======================================
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GOano9x9cBY
Last weekend Tokyo had Wonder Festival while Sapporo had a Hatsune Miku concert as part of the annual Snow Festival. Which city came out on top? Compare our Wonder Festival coverage to Snow Miku's encore, "Snow Fairy Story," and you be the judge.

Official homepage: http://snowmiku.com/2015/
Here ya go.

samurai continues to be MVP for the thread, GG yo

That rin, seriously, who took rin as a character and thought that face fit.

EDIT: Alright, ordered Sol, went with Junkyard Dog version. Its a more unique weapon anyway and its what he uses in Xrd

oh damn, I think I got the last Sol on Amiami

Does Amiami track inventory automatically well enough or is there a chance I won't get him?
Think they should do what with their preowned section, in fact most figure selling sites should, I managed to get what I believed to be a cancelled preorder for Phat's Kirigiri at BiJ and after I preordered it was no longer available again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom