• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Ryuko is already in the UK!

tumblr_mu3xno2TNX1s19dmjo1_500.gif

SoldnerKei

So I really have to preorder that as soon as possible :
crnm.jpg

But Bandai is getting mad with the prices. 13,8k for a Myth Cloth is almost twice the price of the last Gold. Between them and Hot Toys goind crazy and the fall of the Euro I'm beginning to worry even more about my budget than I used to :/

both you and I know we need this P:

but yeah, 13,8k is quite expensive, on my currency it's almost 120dlls without shipping, yikes!

dunno how to feel about those, I want to like them but something feels off

RMI

Banned
Having some mild regrets about cancelling my Samurai order, but had to preserve my budget and "no figures from unfamiliar sources" rule. It's a beautiful figure but so are many others.

Ryuuroden

Yeah I typically do not go for these bikini clad figures but some of the concept art for some of these future ones like a few posts up, have my interest.

Having some mild regrets about cancelling my Samurai order, but had to preserve my budget and "no figures from unfamiliar sources" rule. It's a beautiful figure but so are many others.
This is why I don't own or have preordered any yamato figures, and I am ok with that.

I only caved on her because of the colors. I try to stick with familiar characters if they are on the higher price range. Low cost characters I'll get for looks even if unfamiliar.

omlet

I have to be perfectly honest... I don't like the 7th dragon samurai figure. The leg looks weird, the neck looks weird, the uniform looks weird (and also loses points for just being basically a school sailor suit with some silly boob hugging), even her mouth looks a little weird to me in most pics I've seen... the confident pose is good but overall I just can't really understand why she's so popular.

At any rate, at least she got a recolor release so you guys who do like her have the option of not paying $200+ for the original lol.

Ryuuroden

It's kind of funny but if I followed that rule to a strict definition, instead of 11 preorders and orders, I would have just 1. I would have to look to get a precise number but if I eliminated figures from games I don't play/haven't played yet and animes I don't like, my collection of 30 some figures would be cut in half. 6 samurai girls gone, muramasa gone, 3 sins figures, 2 rage of bahemut, 1 shining hearts, and grey area would be 2 kancolle figures I own that I got before the anime. Wonder how it is for others. I tend to buy figures partially if it's a property I really like but after that even those figures have to meet a very high bar on quality And design. My bigest rule is only one figure per property with some exceptions such as figure is based on a different season and is an amazing sculpt Or is part of a line like racing miku of which this year's and next year's look amazing.

yea...I need to watch that. I've been playing dark knight on FFXI for 10 years now all because of the scythe. Unfortunately SE sucks and I've been using a great sword for like 4 years now because its way better than scythe

It has awful writing and the non action sequencees are stiff and awkward, but the character designs are interesting and the action scenes are good.

Ryuuroden

I have to be perfectly honest... I don't like the 7th dragon samurai figure. The leg looks weird, the neck looks weird, the uniform looks weird (and also loses points for just being basically a school sailor suit with some silly boob hugging), even her mouth looks a little weird to me in most pics I've seen... the confident pose is good but overall I just can't really understand why she's so popular.

At any rate, at least she got a recolor release so you guys who do like her have the option of not paying $200+ for the original lol.

I am with you here. She isn't amazing enough for her to pass my criteria for buying figures from properties I am unfamiliar with. To many small things I don't like.

It's kind of funny but if I followed that rule to a strict definition, instead of 11 preorders and orders, I would have just 1. I would have to look to get a precise number but if I eliminated figures from games I don't play/haven't played yet and animes I don't like, my collection of 30 some figures would be cut in half. 6 samurai girls gone, muramasa gone, 3 sins figures, 2 rage of bahemut, 1 shining hearts, and grey area would be 2 kancolle figures I own that I got before the anime. Wonder how it is for others. I tend to buy figures partially if it's a property I really like but after that even those figures have to meet a very high bar on quality And design. My bigest rule is only one figure per property with some exceptions such as figure is based on a different season and is an amazing sculpt Or is part of a line like racing miku of which this year's and next year's look amazing.
I stick to the rule and have quite a bit
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/ShadowSoldier89

only 26 there with 2 more on the way, but I also have 3 starcraft figures, Alduin from skyrim, and a multitude of collectors edition bonus figures.

It works for me especially as a conversation item. I like picking up my Kurisu and explaining to someone why steins;gate is the best fucking show ever. If bought say the one Yamato figure that intrigued me the most I could tell someone is "well, shes just so damn cute" and that doesn't work for me.

Ieyasu has kinda of a derpy face but I'll still get him regardless.

lol at Durararara body pillows

and what's with the sudden increase of shirtless guys

Holy moly MH4U does not have the 5 dollars canadian tax. Yay for more money for figures!

This game better be good, FigureGAF.

If you like big boss battles you should enjoy it. I'll also PM you my friend code in case you need someone to hunt with. I'll pick my copy up after 2 pac time.

If you like big boss battles you should enjoy it. I'll also PM you my friend code in case you need someone to hunt with. I'll pick my copy up after 2 pac time.

Thanks, my only fear is the FPS, since I'll have to play for a while in my OG 3DS, no N3DS to be found in any store here. I'm still looking for one, though.

Luigi87

Holy moly MH4U does not have the 5 dollars canadian tax. Yay for more money for figures!

This game better be good, FigureGAF.

This is what I'll say

I played some Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (AKA 2G)... Didn't care much for it. Really couldn't get into it.

I got MH3U on day one, but never played it because none of my friends got it... A year later I finally decided to play it, even solo... Holy crap I fell in love with the game. Absolutely incredible.

MH4U is even better. No more annoying underwater segments, two new weapons, new monsters, and far more verticality in areas, which is really awesome... Oh, and of course portable online, etc.

Thanks, my only fear is the FPS, since I'll have to play for a while in my OG 3DS, no N3DS to be found in any store here. I'm still looking for one, though.

I dunno about the full game, but the demo appeared to be running at 60fps on my old 3DS XL. (Could be variable framerate though. MH3U would normally run 30fps for me, then sometimes shoot up to 60fps... Was always weird to see)
Even though MH4G/MH4U was designed with the n3DS processor in mind, MH4 was still designed originally for the OG 3DS.

The FPS was fine in 3U. I can't imagine that it will be awful here. Although unless a game hella chugs it never really bothers me.

Einbroch

Banned
Cross post. Thought you all might enjoy it.

My Gamestop last night was...an experience. The guy right in front of me smelled so damn awful. I mean, I know the joke that gamers are smelly dudes, but wow. I had to leave the line and just walked to the back of it. The guy that replaced me gave me a look right afterwords and I just shrugged and laughed. He toughed it out.

In my new spot, the guy two spots in front of me would not shut up about which way was best to do a system transfer. He would shout over the employees with "hilarious" quips about Nintendo being the best company, how Sony and Microsoft suck, how real gamers played on Nintendo platforms. He turned behind him and asked if we were "true Nintendo brothers".

I said I didn't even have a Wii U. He asked why I was even there. I said I wanted to play Monster Hunter, never played it before and my brothers play it a lot. He snorted and told me good luck. He then said if I wanted he could give me his Friend Code and I could see how a "real gamer" played the game. I just shook my head with a "wtf" look on my face and said "Nah, I'm good". He then continued to lecture the line on why Nintendo was the best and how to do system transfers.

The whole experience was weird.

Oh, the game is alright. Still just looking for mushrooms and shit, so it's a little boring. But I'm sure it'll get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom