• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well of course. It's not like we would abandon you all here. Just mainly a outlet for us to go FullFleet mode.
giphy.gif

=P I don't mind the constant ship girl talk here tbph, youse guys are amusing xD

I shall wait for the ship woman anime. I would watch a mature version of Kancolle, easily. They even have the cast to do that, but they won't, because cute little girls sell more.

You seen Arpeggio of Blue Steel? might be more your thing.

Kinda prefer it myself but wish the mental models had some elements of the ships added to their design.

It has some goofy stuff but the setup is really good.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
3DS one was hard to play through because of the atrocious frame rate, but you're missing out on a lot of plot man.

Never got interested in the cooking one, not even for the plot.

Yeah I bought the Vita cause I couldn't put up with the 3DS one, and it was fun, I beat a girls story (the one with the big boobs), but I didn't feel like I could beat all the girls stories..

I bought the cooking one just because I like rhythm games and it's pretty fun. Thought the 3DS game was atrocious, had zero fun with it.
I like rhythm games too, it's why I thought I'd like the cooking one, but man as soon as that first layer of clothes go I get distracted too much by that to play well from then on...

The one on PS4 will be really similar to the one on Vita. Could you not stick with the Vita one due to the gameplay or was it the Vita itself?

I loved both Burst and Shinovi Vs. Didn't get Bon Appetit because I'd rather play Project Diva.
I liked the game, I just didn't stick with it to play as every girl, every time I get a new game I jump to it unless the one I'm playing won't let go. So it's more that the games just in my backlog. Bon Appetit is like the hardest rhythm game I ever played, not that it's a hard game, just that the boobs are everywhere and the better you do the bouncier they get.

I'm easily distracted...

SerTapTap

Well I finally bought the Isabelle Nendoroid (the GOOD one, the green shirt one) and a set of Super Sonico chibis. I'll try and grab some pics of my current collection this weekend. Are there any rules/etiquette for how many/how big of pictures to include?

Well I finally bought the Isabelle Nendoroid (the GOOD one, the green shirt one) and a set of Super Sonico chibis. I'll try and grab some pics of my current collection this weekend. Are there any rules/etiquette for how many/how big of pictures to include?
more the better for how many, and for size, use quotes if they are too large, if they are absolutely gigantic then shrink em then slap em in quotes

If you quote them, they can be as big as you want, IIRC. Not 40mb big, though. About the quantity, it depends, if you feel like you have many good pictures, then show them all.

So is Senran PS4 going to get localized, or is this an import-only deal? Either is fine, I just need to know when I need to buy it. Also, what is it like?

Would anyone object to me making a Kancolle community thread or does someone else want to do it?

I don't object, but I don't give a fuck about the game, so I wouldn't be posting there. I'm fine here.

They announced a few:
This one is coming out this month*
And this one came out last year, reaaaaaally want it:
Phat

That first figure...poor girl. The one with the sailor uniform she actually looks sad/ashamed, so I wouldn't want to see somebody sad/ashamed in my collection.

The figma is a lock, however. Plus the last two figures look insanely good.

I don't object, but I don't give a fuck about the game, so I wouldn't be posting there. I'm fine here.

I can see right through your tactics.

Enjoy the weekend, I won't be posting until Wednesday, probably. Frigging place with no internet, ffs.

That first figure...poor girl. The one with the sailor uniform she actually looks sad/ashamed, so I wouldn't want to see somebody sad/ashamed in my collection.

I don't know why she looks so sad. It's Ques Q, not Griffon. But that's totally an "oh, Griffon is making me?" sad face.

See, my problem with this kind of line is that I'd get them if they do the whole gang, and by the time the five of them are out, if ever, the first ones will be out of print :/ But I'd love to have a nice set of Gatchamen figures...

The whole Gatchaman team is a given, I mean Gatchaman is the most iconic Tatsunoko franchise, but you can't expect them to put them all out the same time, it will be wallet murder.

Yeah, that's why I said I might need to pick 'em up, not sure if these are the kind of figures I want though, they are die cast or something, I'd prefer PVC scales to be honest . Still regret not picking up the Jun bust I ran across an Amiami a few months back...

I think you'd like them, check my quick impressions in the Action Figure Thread, these are very very well done and like I said Sentinel would be mad not to release the whole G team, jump in with me my friend, these are nothing but a dent to your god like wallet! :D

So is Senran PS4 going to get localized, or is this an import-only deal? Either is fine, I just need to know when I need to buy it. Also, what is it like?

They localized a dang vita game, I'm gonna assume the ps4 is guaranteed considering the studio and the ps4 popularity here

Also I got a text from my wife today:

"Since you don't have work tomorrow we're going to catch up on ship girls"

I tell her it has a real name and she doesn't care

They localized a dang vita game, I'm gonna assume the ps4 is guaranteed considering the studio and the ps4 popularity here

Cool. Can't wait. PS4 bewbs.

Enjoy the weekend, I won't be posting until Wednesday, probably. Frigging place with no internet, ffs.

oh shit, you just lost your lead, son. Freeza gonna take back the crown this weekend. Probably not tomorrow, tho. Reasons. <3

I don't know why she looks so sad. It's Ques Q, not Griffon. But that's totally an "oh, Griffon is making me?" sad face.

To me it looks like somebody forced her to put on that outfit, like blackmail.

oh shit, you just lost your lead, son. Freeza gonna take back the crown this weekend. Probably not tomorrow, tho. Reasons. <3

Haha, I don't mind, really. Maybe in March, when I hope my figures arrive, I'll actually have pictures to post.

Sigh.

SerTapTap

more the better for how many, and for size, use quotes if they are too large, if they are absolutely gigantic then shrink em then slap em in quotes

I'll try to take them landscape so quotes actually shrink them...I think last I tried they ended up huge but were just narrow enough due to portrait that quotes didn't help.

Were I a betting man spikeball, I'd bet we're getting a localization and NOT getting the figures. Hence I preordered the figure packs, and will have a tough decision when the game is localized. If you don't want the figures I would certainly wait. The dialog is fun, as is understanding the menus, and they're not going to be dubbed, so the english version of the game should be much more enjoyable if you can't read/speak Japanese.

To me it looks like somebody forced her to put on that outfit, like blackmail.

That's some Fifty Shades shit right there, son.

FYI, Fifty Shades is a piece of shit. It portrays BDSM relationships in an inaccurate light. They're really about letting go of control and placing trust in another person. The relationship portrayed in the film is simply abusive.

Oh shit, best selling figure in the 30-59 range.

FYI, Fifty Shades is a piece of shit. It portrays BDSM relationships in an inaccurate light. They're really about letting go of control and placing trust in another person. The relationship portrayed in the film is simply abusive.

Don't have to tell me that, that crap put a bad light in BDSM, sigh.

I can't wait till sunday afternoon / monday morning, I want to see how well it did. If this crap ends up being top box office weekend of 2015, I won't be surprised but I'll be sad.

Ryuuroden

Yeah Fifty Shades pisses me off. Not only the terrible writing but the gross misrepresentation of what BDSM relationships are.

Zerojul

The whole Gatchaman team is a given, I mean Gatchaman is the most iconic Tatsunoko franchise, but you can't expect them to put them all out the same time, it will be wallet murder.

You're probably right, I'll keep them on my radar anyway. You seem pretty enthusiatic about Polymar and I agree that's a fine action figure (and less expensive that I would have expected for a 18cm diecast toy) :)

Acid08

Banned
Man, that Onodera nendo is sold out everywhere. US stores have her for pre-order for a markup but meeeeeeeh. Hopefully some people skip out on their payment request and they get put up. That's a thing that happens, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom