• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koriandrr

It's me and my photos again... hope it's fine to spam, also feedback highly appreciated. Want to get better at this stuff :3

This time I made a super basic tiny home studio for the smaller pieces from my collection. I posted instavideo 1 and instavideo 2 of my setup (with cats!)

Here's the results:
wctAz4c.jpg

lQKUUCH.jpg

pCGcUQ6.jpg

u032R8V.jpg

MijTejU.jpg

afSH6B0.jpg

GzQAG2c.jpg

g44Ujk7.jpg

Full Album, no photoshop/instagram.

It's me and my photos again... hope it's fine to spam, also feedback highly appreciated. Want to get better at this stuff :3

This time I made a super basic tiny home studio for the smaller pieces from my collection. I posted instavideo 1 and instavideo 2 of my setup (with cats!)

Here's the results:
wctAz4c.jpg

GzQAG2c.jpg

Chogokin Aigis, right? Bought one but still in the mail, or lost. Sigh.

Nice pictures though, loved it. Keep up the good work.

StayDead

No better place to ask, but hows this?

SHfAPDx.jpg

LrsU6z2.jpg

Battleship - 戦艦

Kongou - 金剛 Hiei - 比叡 Haruna - 榛名 Kirishima - 霧島 Fusou - 扶桑
Yamashiro - 山城 Ise - 伊勢 Hyuuga - 日向 Nagato - 長門 Mutsu - 陸奥
Yamato - 大和 Musashi - 武蔵 Bismarck - ビスマルク

Armored Aircraft Carrier - 航空母艦

Taihou - 大鳳

Aircraft Carrier - 航空母艦

Akagi - 赤城 Kaga - 加賀 Souryuu - 槍竜 Hiryuu - 飛龍 Shoukaku - 蒼龍
Zuikaku - 瑞鶴 Unryuu - 雲龍 Amagi - 天城

Light Aircraft Carrier - 軽空母

Houshou - 鳳翔 Ryuujyou - 龍驤 Ryuuhou - 大鯨 Shouhou - 祥鳳 Zuihou - 瑞鳳
Hiyou - 飛鷹 Jyunyou - 隼鷹

Seaplane Tender - 水上機母艦

Chitose - 千歳 Chiyoda - 千代田

Cruisers - 巡洋艦
Aviation Cruiser

Mogami - 最上 Mikuma - 三隈 Suzuya - 鈴谷 Kumano - 熊野 Tone - 利根
Chikuma - 筑摩

Heavy Cruiser

Furutaka - 古鷹 Kako - 加古 Aoba - 青葉 Kinugasa - 衣笠 Myoukou - 妙高 Nachi - 那智
Ashigara - 足柄 Haguro - 羽黒 Takao - 高雄 Atago - 愛宕 Maya - 摩耶 Choukai - 鳥海

Torpedo Cruiser

Kitakami - 北上 Ooi - 大井 Kiso - 木曾

Light Cruiser

Tenryuu - 天竜 Tatsuta - 龍田 Kuma - 球磨 Tama - 多摩 Nagara - 長良
Isuzu - 五十鈴 Natori - 名取 Yura - 由良 Kinu - Abukuma - 阿武隈
Sendai - 川内 Jintsuu - 神通 Naka - 那珂 Katori - 香取 Agano - 阿賀野
Noshiro - 能代 Yahagi - 矢矧 Sakawa - 酒匂 Yuubari - 夕張 Ooyodo - 大淀

Destroyer - 駆逐艦

Shimakaze - 島風邪 Akatsuki - 暁 Hibiki - 響 Inazuma - 電 Ikazuchi - 雷
Fubuki - 吹雪 Mutsuki - 睦月 Kisaragi - 如月 Shiratsuyu - 白露 Shigure - 時雨
Yuudachi - 夕立 Murasame - 村雨 Haruzame - 春雨 Samidare - 五月雨

and many more...

Submarines - 潜水艦

i8 - i19 - i58 - I401 - i168 - Mayuru - U-511 - ro500

vNyOYXa.jpg

The series features Fubuki as the main character, with the storyline based on her point of view.[6][7] In a world where humanity faces the threat of the abyssal fleet which has taken over the seas, special human girls who don weaponized outfits and possess the spirit of historical naval vessels known as kanmusu are the only ones capable of countering them. The kanmusu live together at a naval base, where they spend their everyday lives as they train for battle.[8]

Fubuki arrives at the naval base, where she meets other girls that she will eventually fight alongside. Despite lacking adequate combat training, she is recommended into the Third Torpedo Squadron by the admiral, and quickly finds herself sortied into battle. Upon being rescued by Akagi in a dangerous situation, Fubuki strives to do her best in order to train, with the hopes of eventually being able to fight alongside Akagi.

http://kancolle-anime.jp/

Wf52Y8Y.jpg

Figures here:

hJLDCab.jpg

www.dmm.com/netgame/feature/kancolle.html
Requires Japanese VPN to set up account.

Wiki (English): http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki
Wiki (Japanese): http://wikiwiki.jp/kancolle/
Wiki (Japanese): http://www56.atwiki.jp/kancolle/pages/1.html
Glossary (English): http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Glossary

Guides:

Registration guide: http://www.himeuta.net/f6-kancolle-guides/guide-registering-game-421.html
Newbie guide: http://www.himeuta.net/f6-kancolle-guides/guide-newbie-guide-97.html
Winter 2015 Event guide: http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_2015_Event

--

I need someone if possible to get me pictures of all the kancolle nendos and stuff or I'll start doing it over time, but I'm done for now haha. If you think it's ok I'll post it up.

mike0dude

I wish they made a Nico Robin figure that was like the mugiwara ver. 2 of Nami that I already have preordered . or a nice Rei figure.

Koriandrr

Chogokin Aigis, right? Bought one but still in the mail, or lost. Sigh.

Nice pictures though, loved it. Keep up the good work.

Yep! Got mine from a nice deal on Mandrake, because the box was quite damaged, but thankfully I don't care that much about boxes. Maybe if I had storage I would, but I can barely fit all my stuff in my flat as it is.

And awh - thank you!

Einbroch

Banned
No god dammit. I can't take crying shipgirls in any capacity. NO! FUCK!

What happened to you?

Wo grabs a ship girl and lifts her by the throat. She looks down blankly upon the ship girl, who is looking up at Wo, tears in her eyes, fear on her face. She coughs up a small amount of blood as Wo squeezes tighter.

"You are nothing to me. Tell your Admiral that he may come, but we will give no quarter." she says in a monotone voice as she throws the ship girl into the water.

"I...I won't give up!" shouts the ship girl, who stands up slowly, wiping away her tears. Blood is still running down the side of her lips.

The camera focuses on the ship girl's face. Suddenly, the ship girl's expression changes from determination and anger to...nothing. She looks down. The camera pans lower, revealing that Wo has launched her probes through the ship girl's abdomen. What was once a moe tummy is now a moe hole.

"But..." the ship girl whimpers.

"Learn your place. I am Abyssal."

The ship girl's body falls into the ocean in slow-motion. Wo looks upon her, the same emotionless face that has never been broken.

Fuck ship girls.

StayDead

It got dark in here all of a sudden

The light will rise up once more. That light is a phonecall from my Dad asking why another package was delivered to his today (that's not the last one) and I had to explain to him how this hobby works with ordering while I watched my wallet float off into the distance in a viking burial.

SerTapTap

Wow there's a LOT of shiplolis

I already made the purchase, but anyone know what if any recourse I even have if an Amazon seller with no shipping insurance doesn't deliver/delivers a damaged item? Expedited shipping for Isabelle and my Sonicos was half the cost of the full order so I couldn't really justify it.

Is $40 Canadian too much for a figure arts Zero from bandai?

The Mega Man Zero model, right? I'd have to pay $43 American to get it so that seems cheap if anything

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
That's almost, like, everyone dude

haha

LOL I know...

The whole Gatchaman team is a given, I mean Gatchaman is the most iconic Tatsunoko franchise, but you can't expect them to put them all out the same time, it will be wallet murder.

I think you'd like them, check my quick impressions in the Action Figure Thread, these are very very well done and like I said Sentinel would be mad not to release the whole G team, jump in with me my friend, these are nothing but a dent to your god like wallet! :D
I'll probably will end up with them, it's just that diecast always makes me cringe, pose 'em 3 times and the paint might flake off no matter how careful you are.

What happened to you?

Wo grabs a ship girl and lifts her by the throat. She looks down blankly upon the ship girl, who is looking up at Wo, tears in her eyes, fear on her face. She coughs up a small amount of blood as Wo squeezes tighter.

"You are nothing to me. Tell your Admiral that he may come, but we will give no quarter." she says in a monotone voice as she throws the ship girl into the water.

"I...I won't give up!" shouts the ship girl, who stands up slowly, wiping away her tears. Blood is still running down the side of her lips.

The camera focuses on the ship girl's face. Suddenly, the ship girl's expression changes from determination and anger to...nothing. She looks down. The camera pans lower, revealing that Wo has launched her probes through the ship girl's abdomen. What was once a moe tummy is now a moe hole.

The ship girl's body falls into the ocean in slow-motion. Wo looks upon her, the same emotionless face that has never been broken.

Fuck ship girls.
fK1bjY3.gif

This guys gets it!

What happened to you?

Fuck ship girls.

survivor1.gif

Settin

What happened to you?

Fuck ship girls.
Is this an excerpt from your /fic?

Giolon

Here's the results:

I enjoy seeing people's photos! And I am going to admit right now, I'm planning to steal that wrinkled aluminum foil for the nice bokeh effect.

As far as feedback, the thing that pops out to me the most is that all of your images seem somewhat out of focus. I think it's largely due to the shallow depth of field being used to create the aforementioned bokeh effect. I would say play with your aperture settings a bit, and adjust the distance from the backdrop to see if you can maintain that effect while still getting a nice, sharp focus on the focal point of your images. Which is not to say the entire figure should be in focus, but there should be a definite, deliberate sharply focused part of the image that has been intentionally chosen to draw the viewer's eye.

You have a really nice eye for framing, which is something I struggle with.

Keep it up, and stay the fuck away from Instagram filters!

Koriandrr

I enjoy seeing people's photos! And I am going to admit right now, I'm planning to steal that wrinkled aluminum foil for the nice bokeh effect.

As far as feedback, the thing that pops out to me the most is that all of your images seem somewhat out of focus. I think it's largely due to the shallow depth of field being used to create the aforementioned bokeh effect. I would say play with your aperture settings a bit, and adjust the distance from the backdrop to see if you can maintain that effect while still getting a nice, sharp focus on the focal point of your images. Which is not to say the entire figure should be in focus, but there should be a definite, deliberate sharply focused part of the image that has been intentionally chosen to draw the viewer's eye.

You have a really nice eye for framing, which is something I struggle with.

Keep it up, and stay the fuck away from Instagram filters!

Hey and thank you!
You should totally steal it, bokeh is beautiful.

I admit I have been struggling with the focus, so you're spot on. I'm still getting used to my 25mm lens and I have a feeling I have to use the viewfinder a lot more than the small monitor, just for that reason. I'm guilty of not always using the viewfinder, as the tap focus option on my Olympus om-d e-m10 is just so easy (but not always accurate, especially up close).

I'll do more shoots tomorrow, this time outdoors, will definitely try to get sharper images! :)

I am also guilty of using instagram and other phone apps to get the effect I want faster than photoshopping the photos.... I'm so lazy.

Koriandrr

Ummm that is brilliant. Never thought to use tin foil like that lol

lol, i've seen it done before for small photoshoots, mostly for foods and jewellery, but I thought why not :D

Whoa FFIIIDS mini figures... didn't know those exist

they're Trading Arts mini figures, but quite old, not sure if they're still being sold somewhere...
ok after a quick search, it seems like they were stopped from production so they sell for 100x than what they originally sold for on ebay :x

omlet

Woohoo!

Took more time
and money
than I expected but today I finished up painting and setting up my second raiser shelf (this one for the TV, mainly)!

May do some more minor rearranging and cleaning up but, phew, the hard part is done...at least until I decide to do something else major!

chrono01

She looks great.

I own the original, so I don't feel compelled to purchase this one, but she turned out great. For those that don't own her [or feel the need to own a second variant], this is a great option.

I would play this.

However, we'd have no arcade to place it.

oh lol

don't make me do this :(
3200144af7.png
You should do it.

Preorders are starting in February for “Persona 3 the Movie: #1 Spring of Birth” Takeba Yukari by Vertex
Vertex released today some additional photos for their “Persona 3 the Movie: #1 Spring of Birth” Takeba Yukari figure, which was teased last week with first painted prototype photos and then displayed at Wonder Festival 2015 [Winter] on February 8th, 2015. The company announced that pre-orders for the figure will open sometime in February.

“Persona 3 the Movie: #1 Spring of Birth” Takeba Yukari figure by Vertex is sculpted by M.I.C., with release date, list price and scale still to be announced. While waiting for pre-orders to start, here’s new photos Vertex released today.
Am I the only one that craned their head downward trying to "see more"?

Damn you, angle of camera shot!

That is an amazing hat.

And that's coming from a non-hat person.

No better place to ask, but hows this?

SHfAPDx.jpg

LrsU6z2.jpg

Battleship - 戦艦

Kongou - 金剛 Hiei - 比叡 Haruna - 榛名 Kirishima - 霧島 Fusou - 扶桑
Yamashiro - 山城 Ise - 伊勢 Hyuuga - 日向 Nagato - 長門 Mutsu - 陸奥
Yamato - 大和 Musashi - 武蔵 Bismarck - ビスマルク

Armored Aircraft Carrier - 航空母艦

Taihou - 大鳳

Aircraft Carrier - 航空母艦

Akagi - 赤城 Kaga - 加賀 Souryuu - 槍竜 Hiryuu - 飛龍 Shoukaku - 蒼龍
Zuikaku - 瑞鶴 Unryuu - 雲龍 Amagi - 天城

Light Aircraft Carrier - 軽空母

Houshou - 鳳翔 Ryuujyou - 龍驤 Ryuuhou - 大鯨 Shouhou - 祥鳳 Zuihou - 瑞鳳
Hiyou - 飛鷹 Jyunyou - 隼鷹

Seaplane Tender - 水上機母艦

Chitose - 千歳 Chiyoda - 千代田

Cruisers - 巡洋艦
Aviation Cruiser

Mogami - 最上 Mikuma - 三隈 Suzuya - 鈴谷 Kumano - 熊野 Tone - 利根
Chikuma - 筑摩

Heavy Cruiser

Furutaka - 古鷹 Kako - 加古 Aoba - 青葉 Kinugasa - 衣笠 Myoukou - 妙高 Nachi - 那智
Ashigara - 足柄 Haguro - 羽黒 Takao - 高雄 Atago - 愛宕 Maya - 摩耶 Choukai - 鳥海

Torpedo Cruiser

Kitakami - 北上 Ooi - 大井 Kiso - 木曾

Light Cruiser

Tenryuu - 天竜 Tatsuta - 龍田 Kuma - 球磨 Tama - 多摩 Nagara - 長良
Isuzu - 五十鈴 Natori - 名取 Yura - 由良 Kinu - Abukuma - 阿武隈
Sendai - 川内 Jintsuu - 神通 Naka - 那珂 Katori - 香取 Agano - 阿賀野
Noshiro - 能代 Yahagi - 矢矧 Sakawa - 酒匂 Yuubari - 夕張 Ooyodo - 大淀

Destroyer - 駆逐艦

Shimakaze - 島風邪 Akatsuki - 暁 Hibiki - 響 Inazuma - 電 Ikazuchi - 雷
Fubuki - 吹雪 Mutsuki - 睦月 Kisaragi - 如月 Shiratsuyu - 白露 Shigure - 時雨
Yuudachi - 夕立 Murasame - 村雨 Haruzame - 春雨 Samidare - 五月雨

and many more...

Submarines - 潜水艦

i8 - i19 - i58 - I401 - i168 - Mayuru - U-511 - ro500

vNyOYXa.jpg

http://kancolle-anime.jp/

Wf52Y8Y.jpg

Figures here:

hJLDCab.jpg

www.dmm.com/netgame/feature/kancolle.html
Requires Japanese VPN to set up account.

Wiki (English): http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kancolle_Wiki
Wiki (Japanese): http://wikiwiki.jp/kancolle/
Wiki (Japanese): http://www56.atwiki.jp/kancolle/pages/1.html
Glossary (English): http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Glossary

Guides:

Registration guide: http://www.himeuta.net/f6-kancolle-guides/guide-registering-game-421.html
Newbie guide: http://www.himeuta.net/f6-kancolle-guides/guide-newbie-guide-97.html
Winter 2015 Event guide: http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_2015_Event

--

I need someone if possible to get me pictures of all the kancolle nendos and stuff or I'll start doing it over time, but I'm done for now haha. If you think it's ok I'll post it up.
Nice work!

I'm still hoping for the day they release a fully translated KanColle in NA, for ease of use for us all. I know, it will never happen.

Maybe the Vita port, though...

Femto.

Not figure related by woooooo!
I have a thing for console LEs

Woohoo!

Took more time
and money
than I expected but today I finished up painting and setting up my second raiser shelf (this one for the TV, mainly)!

May do some more minor rearranging and cleaning up but, phew, the hard part is done...at least until I decide to do something else major!

Looks good! I hope you don't live in an area where earthquakes occur often, I'd be scared for those detolfs to fall over :/

chrono01

Not figure related by woooooo!
I have a thing for console LEs
Congrats!

For 3DS, I own my launch unit [Aqua Blue], Pikachu 3DS XL, Link between Worlds 3DS XL, and now the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL.

My Pikachu 3DS XL hasn't yet been opened. Honestly, I've been debating whether I should sell it for $$$ or not...

omlet

Looks good! I hope you don't live in an area where earthquakes occur often, I'd be scared for those detolfs to fall over :/

Nah, no earthquakes here, or I'd have those things strapped to the wall. We have hurricanes, though (sometimes)! Weeee!

Koriandrr

Woohoo!

Took more time
and money

dude, I'm so jelly.
I'm looking at shelves for my collection on IKEA, but honestly, places in London are so tiny, your shelf is practically half of my room and bigger than my wardrobe. I'll have to get a small cubic one, that just goes quite tall, to be able to store all my stuff :(

brb moving country so I can have a shelf like that.

After watching Terra Formars, I just put a preorder for these:

FIGURE-009430.jpg

FIGURE-008874.jpg

Kinda want to do a preorder for this one also but it would be a little freaky since it's staring strait at me >.<

FIGURE-009628.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom