• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Played a bunch of Monster Hunter today. Now I want those monster hunter nendos.

Still waiting for my copy.-.- Don't fail me amazon, you been doing so good!

And yeah those nendoroids are nice. I like this one the most probably:

no376-monster-hunter-4-nendoroid-hunter-female-lagombi-edition.jpg

Still waiting for my copy.-.- Don't fail me amazon, you been doing so good!

And yeah those nendoroids are nice. I like this one the most probably:

no376-monster-hunter-4-nendoroid-hunter-female-lagombi-edition.jpg

That's actually the one i was eyeing.

Crap, why did you have to remind me.

I want the monsters more than the nendos, though. And the cats, as many cats as possible.

Oh! I got a bunch of those blind box monsters. They're pretty good. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance.

Get the female ones with mini Felynes =D

If you can find them.

N-Y has both for 6k (each).

"If you can find them"

Pffffft. :p

Plamoya has em for about 60 dollars too. They were like 40 last December too. Bummer.

Yes, this one is the one that I want. The female ones are not my cup of tea.

Yeah, I want a couple of them badly now.

I recommend it. I got a few from the local anime store and all the good ones were heavier than the rest so I was at the store shaking the boxes and feeling the weight lol.

I recommend it. I got a few from the local anime store and all the good ones were heavier than the rest so I was at the store shaking the boxes and feeling the weight lol.

I wish I could find a store selling them, haha.

@everyone

How is this one, though? A bit pricier, at 80 dollars, but it looks kinda cool.

EDIT: Goddamn, found the male one at N-Y...I'm almost ordering him.

Crap, he's a nendo. Get a hold of yourself.

I wish I could find a store selling them, haha.

@everyone

How is this one, though? A bit pricier, at 80 dollars, but it looks kinda cool.

EDIT: Goddamn, found the male one at N-Y...I'm almost ordering him.
I have this version:
They're made by Sentinel so they are good quality. The one you found's MFC page: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/108896

Fun note googling the figure's name in images will come up with my GAF post on it's first coloured reveal XD

I had the Nendo in the cart, even had the shipment selected. On the Paypal screen though, reality hit me hard and I canceled it.

Now let me go play some more MH so I can wash away my sadness.

Settin

I'm telling you, all they need to do is make the VR waifu work together with a force-feedback fleshlight and the society we know will cease to exist.
Hipsters will still date analog people.
Speaking of future, I keep coming back to look at Sagiri Yuuko.

I know she's an August release, and it's by Orchid Seed so she'll likely be delayed once twice thrice. She does look nice, and standing at 27.5cm tall, she's a lot of value for 10k yen.

Also, Satoshi Ishiyama is one of my favorite sculptors.

But I'm also trying to cut back.

I'll probably have her pre-ordered by the end of the night.
What took you so long?

I have this very beautiful
GK

Agon1390655898.jpeg

Btw, it is quite a large kit. The group behind is Cerberus Project. I think they are very competent in making high quality GKs. You can see their works here.

Never had any idea there was so many Monster Hunter figures. Is there a good scaled dual wielding Monster Hunter figure?
Nope, only GKs and Banpresto prize figures =(

I mean look how great these GKs are:
I have this very beautiful
GK

Btw, it is quite a large kit. The group behind is Cerberus Project. I think they are very competent in making high quality GKs. You can see their works here.
Looks great =( Congrats on the acquire though =D

Luigi87

You have no idea how much I hate you guys right now for posting MH GKs... How I've wanted a PVC scale figure of one...
Even toyed with the idea of buying a pre-painted GK at a premium, lol...

You'd think figure makers would be jumping at the chance to snatch up some of these GKs given how popular MH it is in Japan.

I don't understand it either. There must be a reason though, people study the market all the time, maybe there is something we don't know about the demographic or something like that.

Acid08

Banned
I don't understand it either. There must be a reason though, people study the market all the time, maybe there is something we don't know about the demographic or something like that.

Maybe it has something to do with MH not really having legit characters to make figures of? I haven't played in a while, so I may be remembering incorrectly, but everyone's characters should look somewhat different. Might be hard to sell figures that don't look at all like what they play in the game.

I showed my friend the female Monster Hunter figures, then the male ones. He asked me:

"Are the girls hunting husbands? Because why else would they be clothed like that."

EDIT:
Maybe it has something to do with MH not really having legit characters to make figures of? I haven't played in a while, so I may be remembering incorrectly, but everyone's characters should look somewhat different. Might be hard to sell figures that don't look at all like what they play in the game.

Now that you mentioned it, yeah you're probably right. They are like MMO armor, except in an MMO like WoW there are usually big lore characters that you can make figures of. Though the very high end armors should be the same.

omlet

Nice setup, man. I also see you with that Haibane Renmei action at the bottom! We got an Anime Advanced User ova hea!

Haibane Renmei is supposed to be anime basics :(

I can take a more up-close shot of mai animu correction if yuu hoshii

This looks great. What material did you use again for the shelves? Project pine?

Yep, fresh from Canada, pine sap and all!

What do you guys think about Mefmera? I was gonna skip her, but now looking at her..... Plus it ain't like Nanami or Wo-class are going to come out this month....

Definitely not for me...not with all that plot.

Railyn

Neo Member
It's me and my photos again... hope it's fine to spam, also feedback highly appreciated. Want to get better at this stuff :3

Here's the results:

Full Album, no photoshop/instagram.

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing those photos! I really love the tin foil idea...once I get my figures out of their boxes I'll have to try photographing them with that backdrop. :)

What do you guys think about Mefmera? I was gonna skip her, but now looking at her..... Plus it ain't like Nanami or Wo-class are going to come out this month....

I personally really love how she looks. The color scheme, the face, the hair all look really nice. If I had a little more freedom in my pickups currently, I would get her.

RMI

Banned
I would like some proper guild cutie scale figs, but in the end I had to settle for this. Not bad for the $20 or whatever I paid for it.

my MH4U LE n3DS is getting delivered on Monday, which is the same day I'm leaving town for week. FFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffff....f.......f. A friend of mine is going to come by and pick up the box so it doesn't sit on the porch all week.

I would like some proper guild cutie scale figs, but in the end I had to settle for this. Not bad for the $20 or whatever I paid for it.

my MH4U LE n3DS is getting delivered on Monday, which is the same day I'm leaving town for week. FFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffff....f.......f. A friend of mine is going to come by and pick up the box so it doesn't sit on the porch all week.

Hey, this one is not bad. I don't mind female figures, god knows how many I have, but most of the armored ones look meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom