• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Sometimes DHL just floats by...

IMG_0340.JPG

Acid08

Banned
oh my, I will be buying this for sure. They should make a Karin to go along with her.

How much do these usually cost?

One of the worst delay offenders, I think she's been pushed back at least twice, maybe three times? I think somebody here had her ordered...

She was the first figure I pre-ordered. Still waiting ;_;

Might be moving up in the Art world finally. Been working for this print shop for 10 years, a huge Graphic Design company contacted me recently after my name was dropped by a client. Owner wants to sit down with me and have me show him my recent work.

*fingers crossed*
GOOD LUCK!!!!

RMI

Banned
Think UK (you are in the UK right...?) DHL is fine for us, our problem logistics child is Yodel who I think has actually changed their name X'D

Fake edit: Was thinking of DHL from a long time ago which ironically was acquired by Yodel this DHL is indeed shit everywhere XD

I'm in the US. I've only had one experience I can remember but it wasn't bad. I've had the USPS rough up packages pretty badly from stuff that I've sold on Ebay, on the other hand. The one carrier I'm usually pretty confident will do things right here is UPS, but I rarely use them because they're kind of pricey and inconvenient.

Around 7k i think?

oh my, I will be buying this for sure. They should make a Karin to go along with her.

I think around 6k -7k. I paid $60 for Cammy. I really want a Rose and Mokoto and I'll be good. Also want to see what Poison looks like. Probably won't ever see Karin in Street Fighter again due to licensing issues.

IIRC around ¥6000-8000 or so
I'm in the US. I've only had one experience I can remember but it wasn't bad. I've had the USPS rough up packages pretty badly from stuff that I've sold on Ebay, on the other hand. The one carrier I'm usually pretty confident will do things right here is UPS, but I rarely use them because they're kind of pricey and inconvenient.
Ah lol for some reason thought you were in the UK, but I'm surprised that DHL is incompetent around the world but I guess they take on way too many contracts with insufficient amounts of employees =/

Acid08

Banned

Around 7k i think?

I think around 6k -7k. I paid $60 for Cammy. I really want a Rose and Mokoto and I'll be good. Also want to see what Poison looks like. Probably won't ever see Karin in Street Fighter again due to licensing issues.

Wow and they're all 1/7 scale? That's a pretty good price.

Settin

She was the first figure I pre-ordered. Still waiting ;_;

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I own 0 Street Fighter games or figures but once again... dat ass.

omlet

If I'm going to dump money on a fighting game for waifus it's going to be DoA.

Koto pls, gimme sum dat Marie Rose figure.

(Right after Kasumi gets a good one. I don't really care about Kasumi but she definitely deserves a good figure before anyone else.)

Tidd

its EMS so a very high chance the customs will take a sneak peek of your figure lol

I know. But every single order last year only needed 2-3days after it arrived at the customs. So I'm a little annoyed that it takes so much time this time. :(

And what's with all the DHL hate? DHL is the biggest delivery service here in Germany and nearly every package just needs one day to ship across the country. They even do the VAT for my EMS orders, so I don't have to go to my customs, without charging extra.

Settin

Koto pls, gimme sum dat Marie Rose figure.

(Right after Kasumi gets a good one. I don't really care about Kasumi but she definitely deserves a good figure before anyone else.)

Orchid Seed DoA figures. I would love the sheer stupidity of giving the DoA girls larger busts.

Railyn

Neo Member
urghh DHL D:<

JEEZ. I've only gotten one DHL package in the past and luckily didn't have this kind of treatment. Now a bit concerned since I'm thinking about ordering from Amazon.jp...

Though, I did get a package through USPS from overseas a few weeks ago full of stuff for my work and the box was broken in on the corners...they didn't even bother taping it up. @_@ So relieved everything was bubble wrapped. Thank goodness AmiAmi has such strong boxes to ensure my figures don't get trashed.

Out of curiosity, which Natsume figure would you be referring to?

The Altair renewal. The comments are full of broken bases complaints. T___T A lot are convinced they were too weak or damaged prior to shipping since the clear boxes and the shipment boxes were unharmed.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198656

we need to get away from street fighter bishoujos...go get the good fighting games, dead or alive, soul calibur, fucking mortal kombat even

At least blazblue and guilty gear get figures anyway

The Altair renewal. The comments are full of broken bases complaints. T___T A lot are convinced they were too weak or damaged prior to shipping since the clear boxes and the shipment boxes were unharmed.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198656

Oh wow. I wasn't aware of the issue. I just inspected mine recently and his base and box were both perfectly intact. Got mine from Amiami and it shipped via SAL. Other than inspection I've been keeping him in the box so far so I can't say if normal display would cause the long term issues people are afraid of. Not you've got me worried. haha Crossing my fingers that yours arrives safely because he really is a beautiful figure!

we need to get away from street fighter bishoujos...go get the good fighting games, dead or alive, soul calibur, fucking mortal kombat even

At least blazblue and guilty gear get figures anyway

There are fighters I like more than Street Fighter, but they have some of the best character designs and iconic characters. Only Soul Caliber character I would want is Hilde, and Doa is Milla.

Railyn

Neo Member
Oh wow. I wasn't aware of the issue. I just inspected mine recently and his base and box were both perfectly intact. Got mine from Amiami and it shipped via SAL. Other than inspection I've been keeping him in the box so far so I can't say if normal display would cause the long term issues people are afraid of. Not you've got me worried. haha Crossing my fingers that yours arrives safely because he really is a beautiful figure!

I'd feel more comfortable if this was a GSC figure rather than Alter/Altair since GSC has such amazing customer support. Those who contacted Alter got responses that they don't support international customers. x_x

I'm relieved he's coming at least. I was concerned he was lost since nothing was showing up for so long in the tracking. I can fix a broken figure, but I'd have to hunt for a replacement if it's lost. Male figures don't seem to show up as frequently.

Glad to hear he is a good one in person! I admit Natsume was a preorder I made prior to knowing the source. He looked too nice and serene to pass up!

SoldnerKei

At least Noel and Sol Badguy get figures anyway

fix'd

and well, Griffon took care of DoA5 Kasumi P:
I would love a SC3 Seong Mi-na figure thou

Beth Cyra

I just did check up on Fewture's release because I'm always hoping for a Grendizer a Grendizer is my favorite Super Robot of all time.

What do you know? I found out not only are they actually finally doing it, Go Nagi has created an official update to Grendizer as well called Grendizer Giga.

This is one of the most painful experiences of becareful whatyou wish for I've ever had to endure.

Some how both of them are AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL, and this is someone who loves the Grendizer SRC.

Still I'll grab the Fewture Grendizer since it comes out in just two months. Anyone else grabbing this guy?

Just such a let down after the amazing Getter Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom