• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm still waiting on a Rumble Roses sequel.

1919.jpg

Got an email from Sideshow saying they may not be able to fulfill my waitlist reservation. :( But they're not closing it out yet, so I guess maybe there's hope?

Dammit, when does JSC Black Cat go up for pre-order? Want so hard.
I'm still waiting on a Rumble Roses sequel.

Keep on hopin', Tempy.

I'd feel more comfortable if this was a GSC figure rather than Alter/Altair since GSC has such amazing customer support. Those who contacted Alter got responses that they don't support international customers. x_x

I'm relieved he's coming at least. I was concerned he was lost since nothing was showing up for so long in the tracking. I can fix a broken figure, but I'd have to hunt for a replacement if it's lost. Male figures don't seem to show up as frequently.

Glad to hear he is a good one in person! I admit Natsume was a preorder I made prior to knowing the source. He looked too nice and serene to pass up!

I love Alter's figures, but I understand what you mean about customer support. I feel like among Japanese figure companies, GSC is the exception rather than the rule so it's easy to feel spoiled by them. haha I'm curious if in a case like this it'd be better to contact the store it was purchased from, though I'm not sure what response people would get for a manufacturer's defect.

It feels like, at least in my area (US), all of my packages have been coming later than usual lately. Could be a combination of the harsh weather and other internal issues creating a backlog in the system. Hoping that's what it is for you as well and that he isn't lost in the mail. You are right in that male figures definitely aren't produced in high qualities usually so I understand your hesitation in the event of tracking down another one, god forbid.

I'm a very big fan of the series, both anime and manga, and I'd recommend it to anyone! Its tone is overall calm and introspective, but it does get broken up with action occasionally. Early seasons of the show are pretty episodic, but if you enjoy the tone and focus of the first handful, I'd recommend watching all of it!

I just really don't like capcom fighters...they all just bore me to death, street fighter especially

Arcsys are the best, and they at least get some recognition from figures. Everything else is ignored

fix'd

and well, Griffon took care of DoA5 Kasumi P:
I would love a SC3 Seong Mi-na figure thou
we have noel, her alter ego, kokopuffs, and makoto. For GG we have sol dizzy and a Ky coming soon. Thats more than we can say for most fighters, and a little more than Sol + Noel

It is weird how no one gives a fuck about DoA figure-wise..
it is, you would think it would be one of the most abused franchises.

I kind've understand bishoujo line ignoring them, since that line caters to western market so much and the only fighter the west really gives a shit about is street fighter, but you would think someone would have picked up the characters for something

I was just thinking the same thing. The new version is supposed to be out tomorrow, no? I like it because it's one of the few fighting games I'm good at.
I have the PC version preordered which got delayed...Even though I haev a save on PS3 I could import and DLC I bought for that version, I cant resist the allure of playing any and every game on PC

I'm a very big fan of the series, both anime and manga, and I'd recommend it to anyone! Its tone is overall calm and introspective, but it does get broken up with action occasionally. Early seasons of the show are pretty episodic, but if you enjoy the tone and focus of the first handful, I'd recommend watching all of it!
w5HPgOe.gif

You and I will become good friends XD, got all the English released book this far I believe.

Still pissed that UK won't ever get a release of the DVD set America got:
31712_273_Natsume-DVDbox.jpg

What do they give you in the new one? DLC and stuff from previous versions?
the new one adds balance changes, and all the DLC characters from the last one. Thats the only real changes. All DLC outfits from the previous ones are compatible (luckily some of the ones I own on PS3 are free with the PC version due to preorder numbers and them giving away the halloween 2013 sets for free due to the delay)

the new one adds balance changes, and all the DLC characters from the last one. Thats the only real changes. All DLC outfits from the previous ones are compatible (luckily some of the ones I own on PS3 are free with the PC version due to preorder numbers and them giving away the halloween 2013 sets for free due to the delay)

You mean they're not going to give us all the previous content?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You mean they're not going to give us all the previous content?

They're giving a substantial number of costumes, but I not all of them. I think over 100. Thing is, there are, like 400 pieces of DLC and that's where they get the majority of their money (DOA5LR has a Free to Play option, if you didn't know). They gotta fund that 'Soft Engine' somehow.

You and I will become good friends XD, got all the English released book this far I believe.

I realize that most of my posts in FigureGAF OTs so far have involved Natsume for one reason or another. I swear I like other things as well!
Thank you for the adorable gif though <3

I have those DVD releases and I have to say NISA did a great job with the sets, even though the season 1 + 2 boxsets are DVD only while the season 3 set and the season 4 set are DVD/BD. I guess I should be happy to be saving on shelf space, but it feels a bit odd having 3 canvas boxes for 4 seasons of a show.

RMI

Banned
I just really don't like capcom fighters...they all just bore me to death, street fighter especially

Arcsys are the best, and they at least get some recognition from figures. Everything else is ignored

we have noel, her alter ego, kokopuffs, and makoto. For GG we have sol dizzy and a Ky coming soon. Thats more than we can say for most fighters, and a little more than Sol + Noel

Some of the capcom ladies are cool. Rose, Elena, Sakura, Poison, etc, but I agree in general the Arcsys ladies blow them away. I would kill for an I-No figure.

Some of the capcom ladies are cool. Rose, Elena, Sakura, Poison, etc, but I agree in general the Arcsys ladies blow them away. I would kill for an I-No figure.
its not really the characters for me, I like chun-li's design a lot. I just hate the games.

Arcsys designs are my favorite though. Dizzy, Noel, Millia, Tsubaki, and I-no

Settin

its not really the characters for me, I like chun-li's design a lot. I just hate the games.

Arcsys designs are my favorite though. Dizzy, Noel, Millia, Tsubaki, and I-no

All fighting games are too hard for me. I don't enjoy playing a game where the other person being 0.1 seconds faster than me means I get obliterated.

Does anyone know how big that Scorpion figure is that comes with the new Mortal Kombat game? I haven't seen it mentioned. I doubt I would get it at $150 for the CE anyway, but I'm just curious.

w5HPgOe.gif

31712_273_Natsume-DVDbox.jpg

I love books they give in collectors editions.

Got a hardcover mini art books for Mass effect 3, Modern warfare 2, and Fallout 3.

Also got a hardcover comic for Fallout NV, a big hardcover art and comic book for Warhammer online.

My favorite is Dr. Halsey's journal that came with halo reach CE. The binding is really nice. There's a pouch in the back that comes with file cards, letters, newspaper articles, photographs, a map, a patch and a hard plastic security UNSC card. Typing this up just makes me happy I got it.

Reach_Halsey_Journal_Cover.jpg

300px-Halseys-Journal-Inserts.jpg

kewlmyc

I still need a goddamn Litchi figure.

this and Izayoi would make me spend whatever money they put on them
as long it's not 20k each P:

Give me Nu-13. Already have Rachel, so if they make a Nu-13, then I'm good.

I need a REAL Millia figure. One that doesn't look like this monstrosity.
http://kidfenris.com/milliafigure.html

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198554

Wing isn't sure if they'll ever release it according to the comments though. ;_;

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Got an email from Sideshow saying they may not be able to fulfill my waitlist reservation. :( But they're not closing it out yet, so I guess maybe there's hope?

Dammit, when does JSC Black Cat go up for pre-order? Want so hard.

They sold 6,000 of those Mary Jane's that fucking fast? I really thought it would just be a bit of a wait for you while they got another batch in (and it still may be) but holy fuck that's crazy...

Black Cat hasn't even been shown off yet, so treat it like figma teaser, it could be the next thing they show off or it could be a long while.

SoldnerKei

I honestly think I would pay 20,000 yen for Litchi. She's been my BlazBlue main since CT.

for one of them I guess I would too, since Litchi is like my Fox in smash melee, a character I love using but never at full potential since I struggle to get the more advanced stuff right, and Izayoi is my new main in CP, I just love the way you can use her, also I love both designs, honestly the only two characters from Blazblue that I really want a figure, I would love a good Jin figure too, but ladies first

Bombless

Look what I got in the mail today, dood!

MOAR pictures.

And yes.... she does have panties...

Not sure if it's obsession with detail or obsession with panties but I laughed out loud when I realised figma Miku 2.0 came with white inbetween legs section to simulate underwear. Then another time my Maou-sama smartphone stand fell on the floor and I noticed she had panties too lol.

Great pictures!

Theonik

I bought the Noel classic costume, but I never use it. I like her hair flowing.
depending on the sculptor, we could end up with another sorceress
See, the hair loses its impact if it's always there. Need to set it right.
ohpkbc.gif

The new outfit is pretty terrible too.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198554

Wing isn't sure if they'll ever release it according to the comments though. ;_;
This isn't REAL Millia. I hate the new design but I'd buy this figure if it was released though.

Man Monster Hunter has already got me. Still early in the game and desire sensor is already screwing me over.

There hasn't been a Noel figure that I really like. I prefer her with the hat on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom