• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Not sure if it's obsession with detail or obsession with panties but I laughed out loud when I realised figma Miku 2.0 came with white inbetween legs section to simulate underwear. Then another time my Maou-sama smartphone stand fell on the floor and I noticed she had panties too lol.
It reminds me of the time I accidentally found out Banpresto had went and modelled lum's legs and posterior to great detail on my long skirt school uniform Lum figure.

Railyn

Neo Member
I love Alter's figures, but I understand what you mean about customer support. I feel like among Japanese figure companies, GSC is the exception rather than the rule so it's easy to feel spoiled by them. haha I'm curious if in a case like this it'd be better to contact the store it was purchased from, though I'm not sure what response people would get for a manufacturer's defect.

It feels like, at least in my area (US), all of my packages have been coming later than usual lately. Could be a combination of the harsh weather and other internal issues creating a backlog in the system. Hoping that's what it is for you as well and that he isn't lost in the mail. You are right in that male figures definitely aren't produced in high qualities usually so I understand your hesitation in the event of tracking down another one, god forbid.

I'm a very big fan of the series, both anime and manga, and I'd recommend it to anyone! Its tone is overall calm and introspective, but it does get broken up with action occasionally. Early seasons of the show are pretty episodic, but if you enjoy the tone and focus of the first handful, I'd recommend watching all of it!

I do believe they received suggestions to talk to the store. If I recall right, AmiAmi said they couldn't do anything, but I think it was BIJ that said they'd try to work something out by contacting their supplier/the company? I didn't pay much mind since my source was AmiAmi. ^^;

Mine arrived from NJ, so I know it was the weather that kept it from getting an arrival scan sooner. It was all I wanted to see. :)

So far I've seen the first three episodes. (Wanted to see what I bought! 8D) It kind of gives me a Mushishi vibe? I really enjoyed it, just haven't had a chance to sit down and see more. I should soon since some current shows I've been following have been emotionally taxing. xD

Also, the premium editions look stunning! Looks like they put a lot of effort into making a nice release!

#AbyssalizeMiku

There's a Miss Monochrome and an Akari(Yuruyuri) on mandarake, 7k total before shipping... but I've already spent too much this month and it's barely half-over. What to do...

If Nintendo came out with a line of scale figures under GSC or something, shit would be amazing. Gimme a 1/7 Rosalina.

Palutena figure. Dat ass.

nuwYRZ6.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
I get a sort of twisted pleasure watching AmiiboGAF turn against each other for no reason. Not because it's Amiibos, but because it would be like us getting mad at each other for snagging something off of Mandarake or AmiAmi's preowned section.

This thread, the Amiibo thread, and the crazy OT threads are all I need on GAF to keep me entertained for hours.

I get a sort of twisted pleasure watching AmiiboGAF turn against each other for no reason. Not because it's Amiibos, but because it would be like us getting mad at each other for snagging something off of Mandarake or AmiAmi's preowned section.

This thread, the Amiibo thread, and the crazy OT threads are all I need on GAF to keep me entertained for hours.

you mean we don't do that?

Wow they do that? Seems like here if you get a good snag we all congratulate each other.

Einbroch

Banned
you mean we don't do that?

We have the opposite problem.

"Here's a link to this figure. Buy it before I do."

Wow they do that? Seems like here if you get a good snag we all congratulate each other.

In a way. Because preorders for the rarer Amiibos go up at random times, people either stay up late, sit at their computers, or get lucky. People then order 2-3 at a time, not to scalp, but to trade for other rare figures. And people are getting mad at that. It's nuts.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

You don't get it, though. Those Amiibos were MINE.

yes, need more kof figures. not just mai pls.

Yes, but more Mai also pls.

kewlmyc

this needs to happen...

A 1/7 Zelda figure by GSC no matter if it's Skyward/Twilight/Warriors Zelda, just make it happen :c

What would be the best Zelda to choose from? I'd say Warriors honestly, but we'd probably get TP Zelda. Just not Skyward Zelda. Too plain looking.

Pretty much. Also extra points for sexy adult Midna instead.

Any Midna is a good Midna. It's the only time Nintendo got the sidekick part right in a 3D Zelda. Navi sucked and don't get me started on Fi.

BubonicKnave

Neo Member
Finally managed to catch up to this thread after it shot off during WonFes.

It's really late but these are the ones I'm interested in:

Definite buy
Fire Emblem: Kakusei - Tiamo - 1/7 (Good Smile Company, Max Factory)
Dragon's Crown - Sorceress - 1/8 (Max Factory)
GOOD SMILE Racing - Vocaloid - Hatsune Miku - 1/7 - EV Mirai Ver., Racing 2014 (Max Factory)
Mahou Shoujo - Nitta Yui (Native) NSFW

Most likely will buy
Kill la Kill - Mankanshoku Mako - Nendoroid - Fight Club Specialized Two-Star Goku Uniform
Persona 4: Dancing All Night - Kujikawa Rise - 1/8 (Phat Company)
Persona 4: the Golden Animation - Marie - PM Figure (SEGA)
Original Character - Tibalt - 1/8 (Embrace Japan) 2 NSFW
Natsu no Kemono - Chitose - 1/6 (Native, Rocket Boy) NSFW
Original Character (Illustrator-Kizuki Aruchu) - Skytube (Alphamax) NSFW

Might buy
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis - Amira - Devil ver. (Good Smile Company)
To LOVEru Darkness - Lala Satalin Deviluke - 1/6 - Swimsuit ver. (Alter)
Fate/Extra CCC - Saber EXTRA - 1/7 (Alphamax)
Fate/Extra CCC - Caster EXTRA - Plain Clothes ver. (Flare)
Soukou Akki Muramasa - Nisei Muramasa (Wing)
Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita. - Mikoze Yui - Uogokoro-kun - 1/8 (Phat Company)
High School DxD BorN - Xenovia - 1/7 (Kaitendoh)
Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Eleonora Viltaria - 1/8 (Embrace Japan)
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha - Naruse Maria - Dwell (Vertex) NSFW
Shinazu No Himegimi - Mary - 1/6 (Rocket Boy, Native) NSFW
Original Character (Illustrator-Pyon-Kti) (Native) NSFW

In other news, I decided to order Nendoroid Re-class even though I'm not to crazy about her tail (looks more like she has a parasite coming out of her butt). Hopefully I can display her without it.

I also bought a RAH Ryuuko Matoi from YAJ for 27,700 yen, although I still have to worry about the costs for domestic and international shipping. The pics shown earlier in the thread are making me more anxious to actually have her in hand.

SoldnerKei

What would be the best Zelda to choose from? I'd say Warriors honestly, but we'd probably get TP Zelda. Just not Skyward Zelda. Too plain looking.

I love TP's Zelda, is the best looking one imo
brunette *drools*
but Warrior's design is pretty wicked too, but if we go with that Zelda we need Lana too P:

as for the Skyward Zelda, her skyloft outfit looks pretty cute and yeah, her goddess dress is quite simple, but I still like it... also Toon Zelda nendo needs to happen someday

I do believe they received suggestions to talk to the store. If I recall right, AmiAmi said they couldn't do anything, but I think it was BIJ that said they'd try to work something out by contacting their supplier/the company? I didn't pay much mind since my source was AmiAmi. ^^;

Mine arrived from NJ, so I know it was the weather that kept it from getting an arrival scan sooner. It was all I wanted to see. :)

So far I've seen the first three episodes. (Wanted to see what I bought! 8D) It kind of gives me a Mushishi vibe? I really enjoyed it, just haven't had a chance to sit down and see more. I should soon since some current shows I've been following have been emotionally taxing. xD

Also, the premium editions look stunning! Looks like they put a lot of effort into making a nice release!

Ah bummer about Amiami though I guess not entirely unexpected. Curious what BIJ will end up doing.

NJ you say? Sounds like our Natsumes got processed through similar channels, albeit on different days. Glad to hear you got an update on him!

Yeah Mushishi is definitely a show it tends to get compared to. Similar shows, yet a little different. I will say the OST is definitely good for relaxing so maybe it'll help you calm yourself after watching more intense shows. haha

kewlmyc

I love TP's Zelda, is the best looking one imo
brunette *drools*
but Warrior's design is pretty wicked too, but if we go with that Zelda we need Lana too P:

as for the Skyward Zelda, her skyloft outfit looks pretty cute and yeah, her goddess dress is quite simple, but I still like it... also Toon Zelda nendo needs to happen someday

Not sure if I would want a Tetra or a Toon Zelda nendo first.

Actually the answer would be a Medli nendo.

The best part of Nintendo not doing so well financially is that they're willing to work with figure companies more. No if only their NA branch weren't completely incompetent with supply and demand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom