• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Are Parform faces/accessories as interchangeable as most nendos are?

They should be, as they seem to have a "clear joint" that you connect to the parts. It's hard to explain, but they appear to be able to.

However, there have been NO released Parfoms outside of Aigis. Six or so have been shown, but only Aigis has been released or even up for preorder.

Just opened her up. Couldn't resist.

I love her! Parfoms are AWESOME! They're like the perfect scale between Nendo and Figma. Super posable, super cute, super super. I really hope they continue the line. I know we saw a few at WonFes, I want more!

This is the first I've heard of them...sometimes I feel so out of the loop ;_;. Anyway, I think I may pick one up at some point to see how it is. Very cute indeed!

omlet

Curse you fake amiami preowned update getting my hopes up for a moment until I realized it's just last night's sold-outs D:

They had a Dark Elf? FFFFUUUUUUUU

Yeah we were admiring her hometown this morning.

Also postman came back after realizing they forgot my package. She's my first figma.

2VrU4Hi.jpg

Pretty impressed with her. Joints are a bit stiff but the paint is pretty nice for the size and cost. Only 1 spot of issues. Will probably get another figma in the future. Probably Ryuko and Satsuki.

Acid08

Banned

Also postman came back after realizing they forgot my package. She's my first figma.

Pretty impressed with her. Joints are a bit stiff but the paint is pretty nice for the size and cost. Only 1 spot of issues. Will probably get another figma in the future. Probably Ryuko and Satsuki.

Ryuko figma is awesome, she was my first one. Got Satsuki pre-ordered too.

Einbroch

Banned
To me they are. I'm happy both lines exsist, but if nendos disappeared and parforms ramped up enough production to replace their market footprint, I'd be ok with that.

I need to see more. Aigis is pretty high on my list right now, but until they have the number and consistent quality of Nendos, I can't make that call.

I REALLY like Aigis though. Like, wow. Way more than I thought I would. The joints are well hidden, she's very cute, and mega posable.

I'm very, very impressed. Only thing I don't like is the "puffy" cheeks. You can see lines around her cheeks from the shadow my ceiling light creates, and it makes her look a bit like a grandma.

Griffith is my first figma. Really impressed and introduced me to interchangeable parts.

Wanderer5

Just opened her up. Couldn't resist.

I love her! Parfoms are AWESOME! They're like the perfect scale between Nendo and Figma. Super posable, super cute, super super. I really hope they continue the line. I know we saw a few at WonFes, I want more!

Hm not bad looking. It sure looks between a nendo and a figma, but honestly it looks a bit weird due to such.:p This would probably be a line that I would wait to see more of in depth.

Heh damn it just about as big as the figma.

tumblr_nb5rn5Awcv1qdzpq0o1_500.jpg

Also, do the pegs for figma backs all suck? It's a hex hole and the peg is cylindrical and you have to forcefully put it in.

It's a case-by-case basis. I own 19 figmas and have only had two manufacturing problems like that.
My figma Love Machine from Summer Wars had a hole too small so I had to widen it with a needle, similar to what you did to Aigis. All's good now, though.

Acid08

Banned
Mamitan マミタン ‏@gsc_mamitan 30s30 seconds ago
Aoi Sakurai by Max Factory from the series Rail Wars! Coming soon to a pre-order near you!

For all you "train" fans.

I need to see more. Aigis is pretty high on my list right now, but until they have the number and consistent quality of Nendos, I can't make that call..

Of course, but like you, I really like my Aigis and I'm very much looking forward to more parforms. so much so that I intend to get all of the one's shown so far.

But like I said before, it's Phat. So... it'll be a while before we see them.

Meanwhile they keep pumping out meddichus >=(

Hm not bad looking. It sure looks between a nendo and a figma, but honestly it looks a bit weird due to such.:p This would probably be a line that I would wait to see more of in depth.

Heh damn it just about as big as the figma.

tumblr_nb5rn5Awcv1qdzpq0o1_500.jpg

I can't not see Bravely Default when looking at those Parform. Looks good though.

Acid08

Banned
So I see a lot of Infinite Stratos figures, and a lot of them look good.

....is that a bad show? It seems like it would be.

Kairakuten BEAST COVER GIRL - Sakura Harumoto and Torotoro Otome - Reina Tanned ver. preordered.

All I needed was a little lewdness to make me feel better.

Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition Winter 2015: Part 3
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I was told that a light snow has started outside, but my seat is quite far from the windows so I still haven’t confirmed this for myself… apparently it was even snowing in some places this morning, but around my house it was just cold with no pretty snow! Maybe I’ll get to see some on the way home!

Anyway, today I’ll be moving onto the last part of my Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition Winter 2015 report!
o0515041813220699771.jpg

What is the Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition?

The event is a special industry-only exhibition run by Good Smile Company which allows dealers and the media to get a close look at upcoming releases from various manufacturers.
You can find the previous parts of the series here:
Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition Winter 2015: Part 1 (GSC)
Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition Winter 2015: Part 2 (MXF and others)

Today I’ll be looking at items from manufacturers NOT distributed by GSC! There are items I personally found interesting, but there were of course many more up on display as well! (`・ω・´)ゞ

- Algernon Product -

GEOGRAPER Tokyo Scenery vol.1
o0515031113220805805.jpg

△ Keep a little version of Tokyo right in your very own home!
I’m sure it could be fun to use with other figures like figmas too!
(TL Note: Think of the magical potential too! Just need Bob…)

Algernon Product Official Site: http://www.algernonproduct.co.jp/

- WAVE -

Lingerie Style Saber
- Special Premium Edition -
o0515039813220698877.jpg

△ I want all of them! Such exquisite poses! (/ω\)

WAVE Official Site: http://www.hobby-wave.com/

- Vertex -

Maria Naruse
o0515064213220698876.jpg

△ A cute face and faithful outfit design! ★
There are certain areas that really grab your attention no matter what…

Vertex Official Site: http://www.vertex-jp.net/hobby/index.html

- Oh-ami -

Tail Red
o0515047713220698727.jpg

△ A lovely dynamic pose with the all important twin-tails!
I can’t wait to see her painted! (。・ω・)ノ゙

Oh-ami Official Site (AmiAmi): http://www.amiami.jp/

- Orca Toys -

Demonic Beast Sirene
o0515073413220699772.jpg

△ What a piece of art! Just look at the curves and twists of her body!
 Orca Toys Official Site: http://orcatoys.com/

-Kaitendoh/Lechery -

Super Sonico: Bikini ver.
o0515060613220698726.jpg

△ The Japanese product name is ‘Paisla’ bikini version!
Pai is for ‘Oppai’, Sla is for ‘Slash’! I’m sure you can figure out why!
The unsure look on her face makes it perfect! ★

Kaitendoh Official Site: http://kaitendoh.com/
Lechery Official Site: http://lechery.biz/

- Ken Elephant -

De Lorean
o0515041313220699357.jpg

△ We’re in 2015! Where is my hover board?!
Ken Elephant Official Site: http://kenelephant.co.jp/
-------------------------------------------------------------
- UNION CREATIVE -

Motoko Kusanagi
o0515073313220730060.jpg

△ Sexy and confident! Filled with the charms of the major!
The lines of her stomach and hipbone are hard to look way from!!
UNION CREATIVE Official Website: http://www.union-creative.jp/

・*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚ ゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚ ゚・*:.。..。.:*・゚
Preview: Sekai Seifuku Sakusen - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Miyuki Shiba 1/10 Complete Figure by MegaHouse
Meshi here with another heaping helping of figure previews. The Irregular at Magic High School: Come for the story, stay for the little sister! I'm sure you’ll agree with that subtitle if you read on. Let's dig in!

Sekai Seifuku Sakusen - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Miyuki Shiba 1/10 Complete Figure [MegaHouse]

============================
Preview: Detective Conan - figFIX Conan Edogawa & figma Criminal by FREEing
We just got back from snooping around at a Good Smile Company photo shoot and all the clues point to one conclusion--this is one figure set I can't wait to go to town with! An open-and-shut case if I've ever seen one.

Detective Conan - figFIX Conan Edogawa & figma Criminal [FREEing]

"You're the culprit!”

Our favorite knee-high gumshoe, Conan Edogawa from Detective Conan, makes his debut as a figFIX figure to deduce the identity of the silhouetted figma Criminal!

=========================================
Event: Hobby Maker Show Winter 2015 - Assorted Figures
The second half of our winter 2015 Hobby Maker coverage takes a look at all the other great figure makers that were on display. Scroll down for WAVE's latest BEACH QUEENS and a whole lot more!
WAVE
01.jpg

==============================================
Preview: IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Cecilia Alcott Beach Queens ver. 2 by Wave (preorder information)
Wave releases today a preview for their Beach Queens figure of Cecilia Alcott from IS: Infinite Stratos 2 in her ver. 2. The figure, variant version of Cecilia Alcott Beach Queens figure released by the company back in 2012, was present at the Hobby Maker’s Joint Figure Exhibition Winter 2015. Cecilia is proposed in a kneeling position this time, with a lilac bikini adorned with beautiful golden decorations on both the top and bottom of her bathing suit.

Pre-orders will be opening tomorrow, Febrary 18th, 2015. Then, price, release date and additional information will be revealed.
hobbymakers2015w_01.jpg

==========================================
Kotobukiya reveals “Fairy Garden” Annabel 4-Leaves Tony’s Heroine Collection final product
We had the chance to look at some photos of finished product of Original Character “Fairy Garden” Annabel 4-Leaves Tony’s Heroine Collection 1/6 scale figure by Kotobukiya in the past days via Twitter updates and today, due to the figure official release, the company reveals a rich photo gallery of the finished product.

As a reminder, the figure is sculpted in a 1/6 scale by Uzou, and based on an original illustration by Tony Taka. Listed for a price of ¥11000, the figure stands 27 cm tall and is still up at some stores, so if you didn’t pre-order Annabel back in September last year now it’s your chance to get her.
koto_annabelfinal-1.jpg

koto_annabelfinal-5.jpg

Unboxing:
0bed1eaf.jpg

==============================================
Teaser: Native reveals Yaegashi Nan’s Original Character sculpt (NSFW full illustration)
Native reveals, or better teases, today the sculpt of Yaegashi Nan‘s Original Character figure appeared at Wonder Festival 2015 [Winter] on February 8th, 2015. No additional details or information are available at the moment, though we can guess that the full figure unpainted prototype won’t take too long to be revealed at this point.
native_nanoc-teaser.jpg

native_nanoc-ft.jpg
Alt colour lol
Casshern looking great
And for Prison School fans guess they aren't gonna make something too risqué:
I can't not see Bravely Default when looking at those Parform. Looks good though.
1/2 words to kill that idea: Square-Enix

chrono01

Kairakuten BEAST COVER GIRL - Sakura Harumoto and Torotoro Otome - Reina Tanned ver. preordered.

All I needed was a little lewdness to make me feel better.
The Moeyo pictures of Kairakuten are what sold you, weren't they?

BTW, if you're searching be careful. The site is very NSFW.

Also, that Yaegashi Nan-illustrated figure. If they can perfect the painting, I'm sure that will be a definite buy for me. I love the Senran Kagura girls, and this one looks like a more lewd version of them.

The Alter x Vice one? I paid about $55 for her when she came out. XD

Yes, now she's usually $200+. I wasn't too into figure collecting at the time and just wanted it because it's perfect to me, but since I didn't have the means during that period, I never picked her up. Sigh x103,343,343. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom