• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Guys, it's so hard to follow this topic with more than 15 pages per day day ^^.

So, first, here is my Twitter account to be added a
to the list : http://www.twitter.com/brassica_
I mostly post in french and japanese, main topics are usually Japan otaku culture or video games, and Nendoroid are my only love!
Here is a pic of my Nendoroid army
I will have to open all these boxes one day to add them in the Detolf shelves with the others

By the way, anyone knows where to get this little cutie for cheap? I live in France, but I often go to Tokyo, so local shops are okay too.

Nendoroids wanna be free! If that's all your Nendos I think you beat me by 3!

Wo-Class runs about 10-11k now. Pops up on Mandarake from time to time. Also on Nippon-Yasan for 11.8k.

Go set up a http://myfigurecollection.net account!

Extended list:
Code:
Freezasaurus 	1,424
Einbroch 	1,021
RyosukeTH 	947
omlet 	795
Snkfanatic 	770
Bombless 	689
kewlmyc 	633
chrono01 	585
Samurai_Heart 	530
ThePeoplesBureau 	527
dakkumauji 	454
Settin 	448
StayDead 	408
Acid08 	407
Baka Zeitgeist 	393
cajunator 	379
Tempy 	354
Ultimadrago 	351
BGBW 	346
Ryuuroden 	310
Wanderer5 	305
raven777 	298
Professor Renegade 	260
johnsmith 	259
Ragingnight 	244
Seductivpancakes 	227
ShadowSoldier89 	208
RMI 	206
H3XAntiStyle 	202
Razgriz-Specter 	198
Meyneth 	188
Giolon 	185
CrazyMoonTalk 	154
SoldnerKei 	145
MikeHattsu 	141
Zerojul 	138
Femto. 	134
amishpriest99 	130
Yaari 	120
george_us 	114
kuroneko0509 	113
yami4ct 	113
kiunchbb 	112
Luigi87 	106
Busaiku 	103
Fatal Futanari 	97
Omegabalmung9 	97

Suuuupah late, but holy cow I'm on this list. :x

I've just started a new job, hopefully I have more money for figures, instead of just lurking and poking fun at people who are entrapped by ship girls.

I see those Ninty Nendos. You guys might finally have me at that.

Einbroch

Banned
I feel old. I have no idea how Twitter works. It's like a stream of information with no filter and @s and retweets and # and follows and wtffff.

I feel old. I have no idea how Twitter works. It's like a stream of information with no filter and @s and retweets and # and follows and wtffff.

I do not understand it either, I just see some pictures and nice selfies going around. For that reason alone I welcome it.

omlet

S P I L L

I found a user who had a big MFC list of "selling" which contained a lot of things not in their shop. I forget what I was looking at in the first place that brought me to the shop, but she had Aigis listed in the shop for $40 including paypal fee and shipping, which is not a steal but it's a good price so it caught my eye. Then I noticed the list and saw that she had some Touhou nendos I want (Cirno and Sakuya) in the "selling" list but not in the shop. Then I saw Tohka was also on the list but not in the shop.

I sent her a PM asking how much for all 4 together. She replied saying sorry, someone already had dibs on the 2hus but she'd sell me the Aigis and Tohka together for $85, including paypal fee and shipping. So, naturally, I said yes and bought them. So I got it for $45.

twitter to me is a place to post passive aggressive messages to video game companies/execs. The actual feed is generally nonsensical, I just will look at what images are showing up

brassica

I bet he'll get real jealous if I say how much I got it for. And he might not be the only one. :v

I'm getting a few of them but not all. I don't like the designs of Ooi and the one with her, or Fubuki... basically the ones that are just boring serafuku are nope in my book. Design needs to be a little more interesting (Shimakaze, Abyssals) and/or the extras need to be great (Kongo & co, Akagi & Kaga).

I'll take loooots of pics for you when she arrives.

I think my problem is that until now, I have every series complete, so that's why I would like to have all the Kancolle ones. But I don't even play the game nor watch the anime, I just find the Nendoroid versions of them cute.

Nendoroids wanna be free! If that's all your Nendos I think you beat me by 3!

Wo-Class runs about 10-11k now. Pops up on Mandarake from time to time. Also on Nippon-Yasan for 11.8k.

Go set up a http://myfigurecollection.net account!

You will probably beat me soon, as i said earlier, only two Nendoroid will join this tower soon (Mario and the latest Touhou one), and three annonced at the Wonfes, but no idea when those will be out ( Kirby, Umaru and Oono).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I use Twitter mostly for news. It's the fastest way to find out about stuff blowing up in the world!

omlet

*Has never used facebook or twitter*

:D

*has never used twitter and has only used facebook for a fake account for a few things that require a facebook account for logging in*

That is a fantastic price. Nice score.

Yeah, if she had wanted much more for it I would have passed... it's a nice nendo but not nice enough for me to pay the 7k+ (with shipping on top) import prices. But at that price I couldn't pass it up. Those two nendos would have been 10k together on a good day on mandarake, and 13.5k on a bad day, plus shipping, so it was a really good deal!

I had a Facebook account ages ago, but deactivated it. Then created a new one recently because I got a Community Manager job for a few months. After that I kept the account, because why not, at least my friends are not posting cats and memes all the time.

Except my family, sigh. Stop asking me to play shitty flash games, ffs.

Ultimadrago

I think I may be the biggest shipgirl supporter with still no shipgirl figure. May act on the Shimakaze and Amatsukaze nendoroids or scales one day (as they're thankfully the only two characters I'd want).

I'll take loooots of pics for you when she arrives.

mad1vp41.gif

I think I may be the biggest shipgirl supporter with still no shipgirl figure. May act on the Shimakaze and Amatsukaze nendoroids or scales one day (as they're thankfully the only two characters I'd want).

I've only got my first one on the way now. Wo-class Dekacchu has left port and is sailing this way!

Ship girls are nice, I'll probably get a Bismarck figma one day, but car girls and bike girls are the ones that get my engine going.

Einbroch

Banned

It's all I have. I mean, of the normal (read: boring) girls. Abyss girls are in a totally different league.

You can stop with just those two. Unique designs are always a plus.

Will start off the new OT with a repost of my last pick-up.

Got the Tekken Bishoujo Nina Williams figure last week.

The box:

The figure:

All the Tekken Bishoujos released so far. I'm out of room!

Also got this Super Sonico figure late last year for $40 new off Amazon.

Nina is the best of the Tekken Bishoujos. I wish Asuka has her jacket up.

SoldnerKei

I liked more abbys girls than ship girls, they look creepy... in a good way

probably will get one someday, but nobody will know it

Josephl64

I must be insane for not liking the Abyss girls much in comparison.

I'm just biding my time until all my faves come out...I seriously didn't think Zuihou would get a figure this soon.

(Also I'm trying to get rid of one of the Tekken Bishoujos if anyone's interested since I don't play Tekken...It's Christie)

*** I have to thank Samurai_Heart for that vid showing Armored Girls Project's Yamato...I almost went way deep into getting a couple of theirs

Max Factory Sakurai Aoi from Rail Wars!, painted.

Not thrilled with the paint. Nothing really pops. The unpainted prototype looked like it had potential, but the final seems disappointing.

Meh, would rather get a train that that figure, looks plain IMO.

Speaking of trains, I guess it is time for me to find mine here. I'll try to post pictures of it soon (if I find it).

Theonik

Will start off the new OT with a repost of my last pick-up.

Got the Tekken Bishoujo Nina Williams figure last week.

The box:
The figure:
All the Tekken Bishoujos released so far. I'm out of room!
Also got this Super Sonico figure late last year for $40 new off Amazon.
Send them over my way.

Max Factory Sakurai Aoi from Rail Wars!, painted.
Not thrilled with the paint. Nothing really pops. The unpainted prototype looked like it had potential, but the final seems disappointing.
Just use hot glue to add the missing depth and detail.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Better buy more shelves!

I want to get some detolfs and put these things inside glass to keep the dust out, but our living situation is going to be all over the place soon. Either buying something or moving in with my folks until we do. Those figures are all gonna be boxed up for a little while, methinks.

Nina is the best of the Tekken Bishoujos. I wish Asuka has her jacket up.

I'd put it in the top three with Christie and Jun.

Seeing complete lines always impresses me. Takes dedication, time, and
money.
Very nice.

Pretty easy to do since there's only a few released every year! At this point I pretty much just buy the Kotobukiya Bishoujos. That's about it with figures for me. They're too costly and I'm out of room! Most of the figures I have have been boxed up for a good two or more years already.

SoldnerKei

I actually like that her hair looks anime-eske, but not the color, she doesn't look much like her anime counterpart in that sense

Just use hot glue to add the missing depth and detail.

why would you use glu....
nope, not gonna ask this again

brassica

Also no one in here can beat brassica record can they? Joined 2004 said:
I think a large part of those message are from the December Steam thread, as I got a Steam account recently ^^.
I don't post that much, but that's because my day job won't give me enough time, and also because because I have so many hobbies (video games, japanese, figures, cosplay, movies, TV shows, j-dramas, PC, ...) and I am a member of so many related forums that I mostly lurk since more than a decade.
I even lurk in #AnimeGAF and #MangaGAF on IRC...

Einbroch

Banned
It's always funny seeing people post an image here then seeing it in the /a/figure thread on 4chan. I see yooouuuuu.

I think a large part of those message are from the December Steam thread, as I got a Steam account recently ^^.
I don't post that much, but that's because my day job won't give me enough time, and also because because I have so many hobbies (video games, japanese, figures, cosplay, movies, TV shows, j-dramas, PC, ...) and I am a member of so many related forums that I mostly lurk since more than a decade.
I even lurk in #AnimeGAF and #MangaGAF on IRC...

Less lurk, more post. :D

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
But, what about all my anime and gaming art books?! :V

Recycle them an go digital!

What's your Twitter, Tempy?

Also no one in here can beat brassica record can they? Joined 2004, 150 post (yet a member) and 0.04 post average XD

Naw, though I'm probably number 2 or 3 on that list, joined 2005, though it took a year before I could get my account approved (you guys think it's bad now), my username would have been Luse666 if it got approved the first three times, fourth time I used Baka Zeitgeist to join and got in, and was a full member after a few months of not posting (worked differently then) but I still only topic hop...

Total Posts: 978 (0.29 posts per day)

I've only got my first one on the way now. Wo-class Dekacchu has left port and is sailing this way!

Is that the big Medicchu? I was thinking of picking up the Medicchu just because I'm sick of not having an abyssal on a shelf yet
(and I know the scales getting delayed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom