• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget you can craft stone blade as well if that helps, though it does eat a materia slot and do basically no damage.

Actually I forgot about Stone Blade, and I think that will be my way to go, and give that to my Light/Wind Noctis to seal those 3, and give my other Noctis the fire katana, and trident for the other 2 so I don't have to waste mana using Flasks.

robotuw

Don't forget you can craft stone blade as well if that helps, though it does eat a materia slot and do basically no damage.

Oh shoot, I forgot all about that option. I even have that Stonra Blade materia from the event ages ago. Ok cool. That can go on anyone, probably Cecil. If Rain's dead Cecil didn't do his job properly and will have to do the Stonra Blade of Shame.

I... just thought of something funny... imagine if you will those Excalipoor's were uniquely all elements or something just to be trolly...

As I was looking through my weapon options I actually had the same thought. "What if this was the one instance these are actually usef-nope!" That makes me think though, do we ever get multi-element weapons? I don't recall seeing one in JP.

tuffymon

I... just thought of something funny... imagine if you will those Excalipoor's were uniquely all elements or something just to be trolly...

As I was looking through my weapon options I actually had the same thought. "What if this was the one instance these are actually usef-nope!"

Ya know, nothing says it can't be a hidden affect or added with the patch... or better yet, a hidden dialogue during battle >.>;

Dandte

Decided to do 5 more pulls for olive..or at least shine

Gold: Chizuru
Gold: (Woah 2 in a Row) Refia....
Gold: *New unit animation* Oh baby...Seven.
+
2 useless blues

Well...3 Golds in a row and Seven...not to bad.

Yes, of course!

Zera - For Rain make sure to give him some extra MP materia as he will run out of mana pretty quickly. 20 MP for Lava Floor with a base of 126. So only 6 casts. Not sure how long the fight will take though. Obviously if you aren't going for the no item run then it's a big who cares I guess.

Noted and thanks. Yeah I'm going for the one hitter quitter so no items and only 5 units. Failing to remember that I don't have the Air Dagger means I'll have to rely on Greg for Wind coverage. He will be Wind, Water, Earth and have no dps at all because of the weapon choices. Noct will cover holy and fire and be there for dps and mana. I will try to work out redundant coverage and see if I can switch Noct to water and set him as my friend unit for the masses while keeping his attack in the 800+ range.

Noted and thanks. Yeah I'm going for the one hitter quitter so no items and only 5 units. Failing to remember that I don't have the Air Dagger means I'll have to rely on Greg for Wind coverage. He will be Wind, Water, Earth and have no dps at all because of the weapon choices. Noct will cover holy and fire and be there for dps and mana. I will try to work out redundant coverage and see if I can switch Noct to water and set him as my friend unit for the masses while keeping his attack in the 850+ range.

Did you get the Survival Edges from the first Type 0 event? Not only is it wind element but has a nice 10% HP boost as well.

Did you get the Survival Edges from the first Type 0 event? Not only is it wind element but has a nice 10% HP boost as well.

I think that might be a sore spot...

200.webp

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I've only got one physical DPS, my other DPS is 543MAG Exdeath for now. I'm not going to be able to swap him for another physical DPS unless I either get a natural dual wielding character (fat chance) or grind out another DW from Zidane. Right now it seems like a better use of resources (read: trust moogles) to get better equipment/TMs for Chizuru or Randi (who I still have yet to try out with proper equipment), because a 681ATK Chizuru still has room for improvement.

just checking in here to say in FFBE 'DPS' specifically refers to physical damage dealers. I know the acronym refers to damage per second but at least in this game saying 'physical DPS' is like saying 'PIN number'. Just redundant. MAG users are just mages.

Anyway to my point: you're going to specifically need 2 physical damage dealers at some point so yes the 15% is a good investment until those TMs start rolling in.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Earth, water, fire, light, and air are tied to his skills. If you hit him with those elements you prevent those skills for that turn.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Gilgamesh's_Offensive

Because if you don't seal the elements he has an attack for each one that he uses, and they are not forgiving. I mean if you don't seal them you basically aren't going to win.

This guy on reddit did a nice write up on the trial and anyone with any questions should read it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5xua5m/gilgamesh_trial_strategy/

this is actually awesome and i'm excited to try it! also WOW at the trial rewards for each mission.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Only skipped the Lunar Pestle and Axe.

Seeing this makes me think I should get Queen's Sword from the current.

Wazzy

Banned
I wish I had grabbed some of the elemental weapons. I might be screwed in that aspect.

At least a lot of units required for the fight I have but it's a matter of assigning elemental coverage to each one that is the issue for me.

Pejo

One thing about being a videogame pack-rat means is that I surely have ever single event equipment that came out. Even some of the exclusive equipment/materia for characters I don't have.

The thing I don't get about the gilgamesh trial, after reading all of these elemental strats etc.....when do you actually do damage to him? It seems like everybody's job is just to cover elements/raise/heal/refresh MP, etc.

tuffymon

I wish I had grabbed some of the elemental weapons. I might be screwed in that aspect.

At least a lot of units required for the fight I have but it's a matter of assigning elemental coverage to each one that is the issue for me.

On the positive side, this isn't a limited time event, so even if a few tries proves unsuccessful, just give it an event or two later etc.

Gilgamesh Team decided:

Snow: Kaiser Knuckles for wind/water and as much HP as I can get on him, I can reach 10-11k. Will use Water attacks when applicable.
Refia: Self explanatory
Noct: Excal/Chiri for holy/fire using Warp Break and rez Refia should he ever need to, also mana battery. Main DPS, will be well above 850 atk.
Greg: Trident/Golem staff for Wind/Water/Earth via Wind Slash. Weak dps due to weapon selection but it's necessary.
Lightning: Excal/Verand using watera blade for holy, fire, water coverage. 2nd dps, will try to get above 700 atk but lack of native passives/masteries makes this difficult. Wish she could equip staffs then I could turn Greg into my 2nd dps beast.

Redundancy for all elements except earth but I can fix that with some fiddling around. Bring it on Gilgamesh!

I am in the same boat...chiri? nope
I barely started playing when this event was going on so I have the recipe.
Lucky, I don't even have that.

Also oh.my.god I just want to be done with Colosseum. So close. Three more s5 runs and I can make the sword. Tapping into some of my lapis reserve to get this done.

Wazzy

Banned
I pulled a Nine and Cinque which should make farming this event way easier. Once I'm done getting the TM Moogles I'll maybe grab some magicite and then be done with the event.
On the positive side, this isn't a limited time event, so even if a few tries proves unsuccessful, just give it an event or two later etc.
Very true. I'll focus on my TM's first so that I can beef up my units.

Valentus

Gilgamesh Team decided:

Snow: Kaiser Knuckles for wind/water and as much HP as I can get on him, I can reach 10-11k. Will use Water attacks when applicable.
Refia: Self explanatory
Noct: Excal/Chiri for holy/fire using Warp Break and rez Refia should he ever need to, also mana battery. Main DPS, will be well above 850 atk.
Greg: Trident/Golem staff for Wind/Water/Earth via Wind Slash. Weak dps due to weapon selection but it's necessary.
Lightning: Excal/Verand using watera blade for holy, fire, water coverage. 2nd dps, will try to get above 700 atk but lack of native passives/masteries makes this difficult. Wish she could equip staffs then I could turn Greg into my 2nd dps beast.

Redundancy for all elements except earth but I can fix that with some fiddling around. Bring it on Gilgamesh!

Very good buddy... But the role of your snow should be your sacrifical pawn when Greg uses his insta kill skill.

You can do It!

I still cant decide my team... Its driving me crazy... So few choices available... D:

Im starting to think that RIGHT NOW getting the 5 man party achievement Will be IMPOSSIBLE with a no TM no base 5 party... So at first Will ignore that.

But i Will need gaf help more than Ever with your friend units. I still dont know what unit i should bring...

My party:

Snow: Sonic knuckles (wind water)
Rain: kazekiri (wind fire Earth)
Firion: Trident and watera Blade (holy water) CRITICAL UNIT
Cod: Golem staff (Earth)
Refia: the girl that heals
Friend CoD: thorned mace

Basically im gonna try do heavy damage with dual barrage and keep elements sealed with other units

Azuran

Banned
You should always make sure to grab any elemental weapon you see even if they're supposedly trash. Elemental chaining is going to be a major aspect game in the future, and sometimes those weapons are the only way some units can chain attacks.

Syntsui

Just saw that Brave Exvius will have a panel at PAX East this week. If they bothered to do this, expect some MAJOR news.

Azuran

Banned
Just saw that Brave Exvius will have a panel at PAX East this week. If they bothered to do this, expect some MAJOR news.

They will announce Orlandu has been nerfed to oblivion and then spent the entire panel begging people not to drop the game.

Muku

They are just going to PAX East to annouce Orlandu's arrival date: 2100. Prepare yourselves!!

bonkeng

Eh guys, those planning to use Noctis' Flasks to cover 3 elements per turn, do take note that elemental hybrid damage only deals the element it supposed to deal. It doesn't take weapon element into account.

Physical elemental attacks do take weapon element into account. Examples of this are Lightning's Blitz, Bartz's Gale Barrage, Greg's Wind Slash.

robotuw

Nerfing Orlandu is not good trolling. Instead, give him to everyone for free and then balance the future content with that in mind. That's trolling.

Ken

Dumb question but is there a way to tell the HP% of enemies or do you have to eye it. I know the HP bar changes colors but idk what % is what.

And finally done with Colosseum. Now I can concentrate exclusively on Arena in there.

Also I somehow pulled another Nine in a 10+1 today, followed by a bunch of other trash. Bedile. Etc

robotuw

Chrono Trigger collaboration
Believe

What about a Nier collaboration as promotion for the new game? 3* 9S, 4* A2, and 5* 2B banner. I'd pull for that.

While we're speculating wildly, give me the Square Enix Action Publisher banner with Laura Croft, Adam Jensen, and Wei Shen.

Syntsui

Eh guys, those planning to use Noctis' Flasks to cover 3 elements per turn, do take note that elemental hybrid damage only deals the element it supposed to deal. It doesn't take weapon element into account.

Physical elemental attacks do take weapon element into account. Examples of this are Lightning's Blitz, Bartz's Gale Barrage, Greg's Wind Slash.
This is incorrect, I'm using Gilgamesh with Mighty Hammer and Noctis with Thunder Spear right now and I can confirm Fire Flask/Ice Flask has an elemental chain effect when used with Wind Slash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom