• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do all the bosses in the Elite dungeons have preposterously high HP?

I just died trying to defeat the boss in FFX Zanarkand Elite dungeon despite my party being around level 28 and one-shot killing almost all the enemies before I hit the boss.

Just seems weird how I breeze through the earlier stages and then hit a roadblock with the boss.

If this is the case with the other Elite dungeons, I can seem myself quitting pretty soon because I'm no longer getting mythril on a regular basis (thus I can't get better weapons) and it doesn't seem like leveling up does all that much if your equipment ain't great.

Oh well. Still a fun game, but the balance on these bosses just seems off.

Do all the bosses in the Elite dungeons have preposterously high HP?

I just died trying to defeat the boss in FFX Zanarkand Elite dungeon despite my party being around level 28 and one-shot killing almost all the enemies before I hit the boss.

Just seems weird how I breeze through the earlier stages and then hit a roadblock with the boss.

If this is the case with the other Elite dungeons, I can seem myself quitting pretty soon because I'm no longer getting mythril on a regular basis (thus I can't get better weapons) and it doesn't seem like leveling up does all that much if your equipment ain't great.

Oh well. Still a fun game, but the balance on these bosses just seems off.

They do have a lot of HP, that's why you have to better plan accordingly... Honing your gear and abilities are key, as well as picking the proper elemental attacks. All bosses have weaknesses as far as I can tell.

Tunic

Is it possible for 2 people to play this separately on the iPad? My fiancé started the game but I would like to try it out too on my own and have both of us play 2 separate main story games but we only have 1 iPad.

Is it possible for 2 people to play this separately on the iPad? My fiancé started the game but I would like to try it out too on my own and have both of us play 2 separate main story games but we only have 1 iPad.

A little convoluted, but you can save and restore main saves by linking them to individual e-mails/facebooks/etc. Just be careful you don't accidently overwrite either since there is no other way to recover.

"menu -> preventing data loss -> upload save data/import save data"

Colby

With a skill like "Guard," how long does it last? Same with Regen...some skills say "temporarily," and some don't, so I'm confused.
Please, kind sirs and madams? Orbs are a high commodity right now, so I'd like to avoid wasting them on a skill like Guard if it only Protects for a few turns. And I'm trying to figure out if I want to create Regen or Cura.

Caerith

Please, kind sirs and madams? Orbs are a high commodity right now, so I'd like to avoid wasting them on a skill like Guard if it only Protects for a few turns. And I'm trying to figure out if I want to create Regen or Cura.

I have Boost and Aim, but couldn't tell you how long they last since there's no icon. Debuffs like Blind last forever, but I doubt buffs are so fortunate.

I have Boost and Aim, but couldn't tell you how long they last since there's no icon. Debuffs like Blind last forever, but I doubt buffs are so fortunate.

Not true apparently... I was in an extended fight because half of my crew got blind put on them... and eventually it did wear off, but it did take awhile and it seems to reset the timer if the battle ends.

So will Tidus and Warrior be available to people who didn't pre register eventually? My bro wants to get the game after seeing me play a bit

Xetherion

Note that Guard is a Knight skill, and the only character in the game at the moment that can use Knight skills is Tyro.

Caerith

Not true apparently... I was in an extended fight because half of my crew got blind put on them... and eventually it did wear off, but it did take awhile and it seems to reset the timer if the battle ends.
Interesting. Maybe next time I'll spend several turns passing or guarding or something.

So will Tidus and Warrior be available to people who didn't pre register eventually? My bro wants to get the game after seeing me play a bit
I didn't pre-register and I got both. I think they're just limited to people who start playing in like the first week or so.

SunGod

Does anyone have Double Cut yet? I'm working towards it, does it literally cause a character to attack twice in one turn, or is the damage of each attack reduced by a certain amount?

Negator

Does anyone have Double Cut yet? I'm working towards it, does it literally cause a character to attack twice in one turn, or is the damage of each attack reduced by a certain amount?

It is literally attacking twice. I have Double Cut and Jump on Kain and he does some respectable damage.

elty

Yes. Can use black magic and has better attack.

Is black magic really useful? I mean it is only 2 uses at lv 1 which is pretty restricting when Cloud is cutting 1200 damage on regular attack.

Ohhh whip, I was planning to give her the 4* light staff

philbythegreat

Neo Member
Sooooo, anyone who's played the Japanese version.... Do they ever add in better options for party management? I feel like I should be changing my party up every now and then to prevent 5 of my characters being a way higher level than everyone else, but it's a bit of a chore to swap everyone out and change the gear and abilities around.

Stider

Is black magic really useful? I mean it is only 2 uses at lv 1 which is pretty restricting when Cloud is cutting 1200 damage on regular attack.

Ohhh whip, I was planning to give her the 4* light staff

It's useful if you know the weaknesses of the enemies/bosses of have a good magic user. I have Rydia doing the same damage as Kain/Tidus. Also needed for the bonus sections for most bosses.

Also a question for JPN version users, are there stages for FFX-2 or FFXI? Decided to start a spreadsheet with listings for the bonus conditions for boss stages and am setting pages aside for each game.

Negator

Took out two of the IV elite dungeons. Had to redo Mist Dragon because I accidentally swung into mist.

I think I'm going to go harvest some Ice Orbs before I continue. I'll need them for pretty much the rest of the FFIV elite dungeons.

Well, I did over 50 rare draws (28.99 + 84.99 packs, plus storyline mythril), no 5-star items, and no Buster Sword.

As my first and last time spending silly money on a phone game, this definitely confirmed what I always thought, it's pointless and a giant waste and poor form.

Well, I did over 50 rare draws (28.99 + 84.99 packs, plus storyline mythril), no 5-star items, and no Buster Sword.

As my first and last time spending silly money on a phone game, this definitely confirmed what I always thought, it's pointless and a giant waste and poor form.

Never spend real money on gatchapons... You'll lose every time.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I'm guessing you figured "in for a penny, in for a pound"?

KarmaCow

Would you have been satisfied if you got a 5-star item after spending over a $100 on the game?

If there is anything that involves pure chance + spending money for more chances, it's engineered to take all your money without giving you what you want. This isn't just a phone game thing.

LevelNth

Banned

Yowza. As soon as I saw that 5* item percentages stayed the same, only the Buster Sword likelihood within that went up I decided against spending any money. They're just using the name brand of the item to try to snag extra cash during the event.

If a 5* item has a 15% chance of popping, and the Buster Sword within that a 5% chance, that's a 0.75% chance for every roll. Even if the event quadrupled the Buster Sword's likelihood (and I think it only raised it or at most doubled it) it'd be a 3% chance.

That's not a difference I'm willing to bet money on.

Negator

If the rolls came out to $10 per 11 rolls or some kind of assurance that a 11 roll would significantly increase your odds of a Buster Sword, I might have bitten. Unfortunately, that would be living in fantasy land.

The only time I have ever put money into a f2p game, it was Terra Battle because I really appreciated how good the game was. It wasn't because I wanted some specific SS character or some other such nonsense, but because I legitimately felt they deserved my money with all the time I had spent playing it.

I would advise the same thought process be put into playing this game, or you will risk either going crazy or broke.

Deadly

Here is a link to the spreadsheet I am working on:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EF8WKvtVC66TPYdRnxNdxCD0CQ33FZd8lCS-kyU-CxY/edit?usp=sharing

Just started going through the stages again to note down the conditions so as to make it easier to get high ranks when doing the elite versions. Just started so not many listed so far, if anyone wishes to help it would be appreciated.
To save you some time...
https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home
It's all there. Should have checked the OP :p

SougoXIII

For those who have beaten the hard mode dailies, what's your level/setups? My party is level 30-31 and they still do 700-1000+ dmg to me and I can't keep up with the heals :(

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
For those who have beaten the hard mode dailies, what's your level/setups? My party is level 30-31 and they still do 700-1000+ dmg to me and I can't keep up with the heals :(

It isn't about level as much as its about gear. I have 3 members in upgraded 5* armor and 2 members in 4* armor.

SougoXIII

It isn't about level as much as its about gear. I have 3 members in upgraded 5* armor and 2 members in 4* armor.

See that's the problem, there's no way to get better gear than try your luck at the rare draws and if you don't want to shell out real cash, you can sit there twindling your thumb while they feed you chump change amount of mythrils. This is seriously disappointing when compare with other F2P games like Kancolle. I don't see any reason to continue to invest in restrictions like these.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
See that's the problem, there's no way to get better gear than try your luck at the rare draws and if you don't want to shell out real cash, you can sit there twindling your thumb while they feed you chump change amount of mythrils. This is seriously disappointing when compare with other F2P games like Kancolle. I don't see any reason to continue to invest in restrictions like these.

(Or just upgrade your equipment by replaying levels and playing the daily events... Or just take a break from the game and play again when the content pipeline is up and running more)

SougoXIII

(Or just upgrade your equipment by replaying levels and playing the daily events... Or just take a break from the game and play again when the content pipeline is up and running more)

The 'current' pipeline last me 2 days... if that's any indication of what's to come then I wouldn't be holding my breath. I have been upgrading and play the dalies: 1) The stat boost from upgrading 2* equipment to 3*/4* is laughable when compare to the hard dailies/force dungeon (the only thing left to do in this current stage) 2) Now that I found the dailies mythrils wouldn't be resetting each week, dailies just become that less appealing.

elty

This type of game usually will have events that gives out free (if slightly inferior) 5* sooner or later so that even free player can build up a good deck over the time. Just don't treat this (or any card collection game) too seriously and it should be fine.

On a sparate note, 32 minor growth egg and 2 lessor is only enough to get my Rydia from 16 to 20, wtf

Stider

This type of game usually will have events that gives out free (if slightly inferior) 5* sooner or later so that even free player can build up a good deck over the time. Just don't treat this (or any card collection game) too seriously and it should be fine.

On a sparate note, 32 minor growth egg and 2 lessor is only enough to get my Rydia from 16 to 20, wtf

The 1* eggs are only worth 500xp each and the 2* are 2500xp each. They are best used for giving a start to new characters being used. The 3* you get from the daily is worth 10k but you only get 1.

Shouta

Tidus will have his own event later on if you need to get him again.

Sooooo, anyone who's played the Japanese version.... Do they ever add in better options for party management? I feel like I should be changing my party up every now and then to prevent 5 of my characters being a way higher level than everyone else, but it's a bit of a chore to swap everyone out and change the gear and abilities around.

Not yet. I sometimes go with the auto option to fill in and adjust based off that but I usually just swap folks in as necessary. Growth Eggs are pretty plentiful later on, so if there's a char you'd like to use, they can be brought up to speed with those instead of slowly grinding.

As for Mythril stuff, I've gotten like a couple dozen 5 star items without ever having spent money on the JP version of the game. That's how many mythril they'll give you as content gets updated and from dailies. They'll even give you some when the quest option gets added. So for folks that haven't spent money, I repeat what I said before, just hang on and save up.

For reference, the Buster Sword isn't all that great, IMO. There are other weapons that provide better limit breaks and some that change it for any character. So don't feel rushed to get spend mythril now. The Iron Grimoire for the MC is the big one to watch for since it reduces damage taken by the part when you use the limit break.

Rnr1224

Any tips for my party? I just got to FFX and I struggled with the last boss of FFIV. Wondering if I should train some of the newer members of my party that I have. The spares I have are Cloud, Rydia, and Kain

Stider

The 'current' pipeline last me 2 days... if that's any indication of what's to come then I wouldn't be holding my breath. I have been upgrading and play the dalies: 1) The stat boost from upgrading 2* equipment to 3*/4* is laughable when compare to the hard dailies/force dungeon (the only thing left to do in this current stage) 2) Now that I found the dailies mythrils wouldn't be resetting each week, dailies just become that less appealing.

Try to keep a collection of gear for the different games. I just tested this with 2 different weapons on Tidus in Figaro cave. With a weapon for XII he was doing around 900 damage, I changed to a VI weapon which only had 7 more attack power and damage went up to over 1600 on the same enemies. It looks like there is a substantial boost from the synergy for the same stage even for gear so maybe try that out. Even low star gear might be enough to pass elites if synergy is used.

toneroni

Some good nostalgia in this game. Not gonna invest much real $ since there's no trading marketplace. Good music and pretty fun but sometimes I think I should just play a real rpg on vita or 3ds instead lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom