• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Damn, 2 Buster Swords in 2 days lol

Can I combine those to make it stronger still?
Yes but would you want to? You could have two over powered people instead of one insanely overpowered person. You can always combine them later down the line when you have a better range of weapons

Wait what? Are you saying if you don't complete the whole level you don't keep your orbs from previous stages or what?

No. Usually whwn you farm bosses you need to do the airplane trick to get the specific drop you want. If you get the wrong drop you sacrifice your spent stamina and the drop you did get in order to try again. Since this is a single stage though, there's no need to reroll and you can keep everything that drops

Up to a nice even 70 stamina... mmmm it feels good. And I haven't even started the elites beyond the first half of the new FF6 ones.

Cloud hit 50 and retired with Tifa taking his place. Sephiroth is temporarily early retired to make room for Cyan. I tried leveling Tyro for a while but he is literally the worst thing ever and I brought Rydia back in to pretty much solo elite bosses with Comet. Sadly she's getting very close to hitting the big 5-0 too... then justifying her staying will be quite a bit harder.

Yes but would you want to? You could have two over powered people instead of one insanely overpowered person. You can always combine them later down the line when you have a better range of weapons

Oops never realised you could equip it on another member. Thought it was Cloud exclusive.

Oooh goodie! :D

Anyone know where I got this Beret 2* at? I know I saw it drop from a boss on elite (not sure that matters). Seems like a good thing to farm after I'm out of elites.

Z3M0G

Ok... the data caching in this game is HORRIBLE... this game is just eating my data plan.

I haven't gone through my inventory in some time, and now it is re-downloading all of the equipment data again...

When you re-visit an old location, you may need to re-download that too...

Why can't I just tell it to use 500mb of my storage and not re-download everything all the time!?! The 95mb it uses is clearly not enough...

Rojo

I Saved up all my stones for one 11 pull and hoped for the best.

Damn i am set for the rest of the game lol i already had one 5* dagger.

39205c64066ed544ff8bc5eba27bfa49.png

Ok... the data caching in this game is HORRIBLE... this game is just eating my data plan.

I haven't gone through my inventory in some time, and now it is re-downloading all of the equipment data again...

When you re-visit an old location, you may need to re-download that too...

Why can't I just tell it to use 500mb of my storage and not re-download everything all the time!?! The 95mb it uses is clearly not enough...

I'm sitting at 111mb over 2 weeks of use which isn't honestly too terrible. In comparison to Hearthstone it is though... It's at less than 1mb in that same period. I do try and switch to wifi whenever it's available (and it is pretty much everywhere except for my work).

Damn, that's nice. I've only managed 3 my entire time so to get 5 from a single pull? Congrats! (edit) 6? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Especially since 2 of them are really good ones T_T

Shahed

Gil day and weapon upgrade day will be fun for you! So much to level. I'd recommend Rydia's first because I've got her weapon amd she can do good damage from hte back row with it. 2000+ in FFIV worlds and her magic stat is insane at 360. Is that Judgement Staff or Guard Stick? Oh and congrats!

Malick[AI];161281282 said:
Orthros...... Ugh.

There are now what like 4 games that spell it Ultros.

Super lazy translation effort.

It's not Lazy, it's just a design choice that someone made the last time they retranslated FF6 (for mobile most likes).

It's a little confusing that FF6 seems to be the sacred cow of localizations where they are afraid to mess with the names that Woolsey gave them on the SNES.

Not that I'm complaining... Tina and Mash are bad names and they should feel bad about it.

Rojo

Gil day and weapon upgrade day will be fun for you! So much to level. I'd recommend Rydia's first because I've got her weapon amd she can do good damage from hte back row with it. 2000+ in FFIV worlds and her magic stat is insane at 360. Is that Judgement Staff or Guard Stick? Oh and congrats!

Thats 2 judgement staff yea. Gonna try for aerith when i can blow the rest off before her item drop boost ends. I went to level the dagger first since rydia has been on the bench since aerith came out, but now looks like she's out of retirement. I have over 500,000 gil so i should be ok might use armor ores to level up the weapons as well since im impatient.

Thats 2 judgement staff yea. Gonna try for aerith when i can blow the rest off before her item drop boost ends. I went to level the dagger first since rydia has been on the bench since aerith came out, but now looks like she's out of retirement. I have over 500,000 gil so i should be ok might use armor ores to level up the weapons as well since im impatient.

You'll burn through 500k surprisingly fast upgrading 5* gear. Especially that many.

(edit) Also what are people using to grab screen caps from their phones?

You'll burn through 500k surprisingly fast upgrading 5* gear. Especially that many.

(edit) Also what are people using to grab screen caps from their phones?

You should be able to just press a combination of buttons to take a screenshot.

Which buttons depends on the phone though

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's not Lazy, it's just a design choice that someone made the last time they retranslated FF6 (for mobile most likes).

It's a little confusing that FF6 seems to be the sacred cow of localizations where they are afraid to mess with the names that Woolsey gave them on the SNES.

Not that I'm complaining... Tina and Mash are bad names and they should feel bad about it.

I mean, I don't think the Woolsey translation is sacrosanct personally but I also don't really understand the necessity to re-invent the wheel when retranslating. Unless a naming convention is clearly an error or technical limitation, why bother with a redo? I get cleaning up the prose, of course.

I hate all of you.

I'll take ONE 5*. Just one. :)

Whilst it's always the luck of the draw, I only got 1 the other day (and another today, though it was a duplicate) and I've been playing since it came out like every single day. Not that I've actually used Mythril for pulls all the time (come at me bros), most have been 3* stuff.

What I'm saying is "So you're saying there's a chance?"

garath

Just curious, approximately how many mythril have you used?

Almost all of them. I have used every single available mythril I've acquired to date on pulls.

I'm still finishing the new normal story quests (just starting airship in VI right now) but outside of what I will gain from those, it's:

- Every normal story mythril
- 5 or so elite story quests
- every login bonus one (been playing daily since release)
- all the mythril from every event
- all the mythril from all the dailies

:(

I mean, I don't think the Woolsey translation is sacrosanct personally but I also don't really understand the necessity to re-invent the wheel when retranslating. Unless a naming convention is clearly an error or technical limitation, why bother with a redo? I get cleaning up the prose, of course.

Orthos versus Ultros would be an even more mind boggling choice then... Kind of feels like it should be an all or nothing type deal, and it's not like SquareEnix has been squeemish about changing characters names to bring them in line globally (Aerith versus Aeris, which honestly probably has caused more of a stir than Terra to Tina would in comparison).

Again, I prefer the old style names since they are what I grew up with, it just seems like FF6 has been wholely inconsistent with Squenix's greater attempts to unify names/places/games over the last decade.

Vlade

list of disjoint thoughts and questions:

I could not suplex the train :(

I just learned that harps and throwing do full damage from the back row. im an idiot.

no 5* for me yet, and only 4 star is a staff of light

I can get summoning orbs from the event, amywhere else? is summoning good?

can I grind layer 1 of the hard daily and keep getting the 3* drops?

waiting for: Ashe (assuming playable Kefka is unreasonable)

R0ckman

It kind of feels weird to go through all these paintings and not even have half of these characters from FF6. Gotta drip feed I guess.

Shahed

72 Stamina and I think I've hit a wall now. It's pretty much clear one Elite, wait 3 hours for enough Stamina for the next and then wait 3 hours all over again. Every 2-3 Elites means a Stamina boost and a refill which is nice, but it doesn't take long to clear the next and start waiting again. I've done 7 of the new FFVI Elites, all the FFI-II Elites and the first 2 of the new FFIV ones. Time to wait again :(

I suppose it is necessary in a way. Otherwise I'd have cleared all the new Classic and Elites in a matter of days. As it is unless there's a difficulty spike, I'll be done by Tuesday and next update/event I think

Vorpal

Rojo, that pull is nuts. Good lord.

I used my 11-pull this morning and got Wakka's weapon. Totally fine by me.

gbpaf9Dl.png

LET'S DO THIS, B-TEAM

Roto13

I did 18000 damage to Baigan and then finished him and his arm off with Shiva who did 9000. Posting this so it's out there somewhere on the internet, because I couldn't find any numbers. :p

Shahadan

Never got any 5 star thing ;(
Spent almost all of the mithrils that were available in the game before the update. Spent more since then. I always get 3 star shit

Shahed

The one that's most annoying is when I get all these extra 3* staffs/Rods. Theyre a waste of space since we were given 4* as part of Elites. I hate it when they give me Bows as well, even the couple 4* omes I've gotten. All the 3* junk I get I use as upgrading material.

Kouriozan

Welp, farming Moblitz is highly innefficient.
Cost 16 stamina, did it 5 times, got 3 3* orbs and nothing else, at least the completion reward is 12k gils.

72 Stamina and I think I've hit a wall now. It's pretty much clear one Elite, wait 3 hours for enough Stamina for the next and then wait 3 hours all over again. Every 2-3 Elites means a Stamina boost and a refill which is nice, but it doesn't take long to clear the next and start waiting again. I've done 7 of the new FFVI Elites, all the FFI-II Elites and the first 2 of the new FFIV ones. Time to wait again :(

I suppose it is necessary in a way. Otherwise I'd have cleared all the new Classic and Elites in a matter of days. As it is unless there's a difficulty spike, I'll be done by Tuesday and next update/event I think

I am at 66 and seeing same thing, the annoyance is compounded by sitting at 41 mythril and inching ever closer to the 50 mark for the second 11 pull that I want to do while the current crop of equips are up.i do want to hit the aerisaerith event a coupe times a day to buy overrated orbs, but as you said, for me it is 198 minutes to fill stamina from zero, that is a long period of downtime.

Shahed

Anyone else get a downloading screen? It started downloading but then the app crashed during process. I went back and everything seems the same as it was bwfore and it's not downloading anything else

Meier

Finally saved up the 50 mythril....... 8 3*'s and 2 4*'s.

:****(

http://i.gyazo.com/39205c64066ed544ff8bc5eba27bfa49.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ.

Cool, I got blood lance (Kain's 5 star), but man I am really fishing hard for cloud's buster sword cause I know that even if I don't end up always using cloud the weapon is a sword and many classes can use swords.

Also wow, my stam was like low 40s and now its at 60. Finally starting to get some real stam so I can run those elites without waiting during the run to finish.

The one that's most annoying is when I get all these extra 3* staffs/Rods. Theyre a waste of space since we were given 4* as part of Elites. I hate it when they give me Bows as well, even the couple 4* omes I've gotten. All the 3* junk I get I use as upgrading material.

It's only a waste of an inventory if the 3* one you got is the same record synergy as the 4* one you got from the elites. Which it almost definitely isn't. So in the long run you will want to collect multiple weapons of the same type for the purposes of matching record synergy to the dungeon you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom