• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunGod

Woohoo I mastered all the new dungeons! (classic and elite)

ea6ABgXl.jpg

You can farm classic/elite (8/16 stam) Mobliz for Mythril Swords (2* FF4) and apparently (I haven't confirmed for myself) on elite you can also pick up Greater Wind Orbs... so I'm just going to try doing that in order to hone Bladeblitz and replace my Kunai.

Shahed

It's only a waste of an inventory if the 3* one you got is the same record synergy as the 4* one you got from the elites. Which it almost definitely isn't. So in the long run you will want to collect multiple weapons of the same type for the purposes of matching record synergy to the dungeon you're doing.

Nah I mean like oh I've pulled a 4* FFVI Rod? Great. My next 5 pulls are more rods that are 3* from FFVI and XII. I keep the omes that might be useful later, but I'm getting a lot of 3* FFXII gear and worse versions of gear from similar worlds that I already have

Oh wow... blood lancet or whatever, kain's second soul break, hit for 7.5k even though he is only level 25 and his weapon isn't leveled. (Granted, this is in a ff4 dungeon on classic).

mstevens

I used 70 mythril today and got zero 5* items. Kinda turned me off of playing. That's so a good way to stop me from ever spending real money on this game.

Roto13

I used 70 mythril today and got zero 5* items. Kinda turned me off of playing. That's so a good way to stop me from ever spending real money on this game.

Yeah. I would never spend money on relic pulls. I've been disappointed enough from pulling for free. I don't need to waste money on top of that.

Ashodin

ea6ABgXl.jpg

You can farm classic/elite (8/16 stam) Mobliz for Mythril Swords (2* FF4) and apparently (I haven't confirmed for myself) on elite you can also pick up Greater Wind Orbs... so I'm just going to try doing that in order to hone Bladeblitz and replace my Kunai.

Deffo want to hone my bladeblitz, thanks

SunGod

Deffo want to hone my bladeblitz, thanks

Like I said it's just what I've read on reddit so there's a very small chance it could be incorrect information. Hopefully I can confirm for sure tonight!

EDIT: I got one :)

What level is your party? wow..

I have a team of 50s I cleared the original content with (Tyro, Cloud, Sephiroth, Kain and Tidus) both Cecils are 41/42. Tifa, Aerith, Wakka and Cyan are 31/32.

Beyond Cloud I don't really have any preference for who I use at the moment, I just try to take advantage of record synergy where I can (hence the Cecil x2 and Cyan team at the moment and I used Tifa and Aerith in the Countdown to Destruction event recently)

Has anyone got tips for things which are easily farmable from any of the new dungeons?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You don't need any of those 5* to do the content though. Just keep that in mind. FFRK is great because they give you all the characters, which is what we care about most, and the pulls are just for weapons, which are good and power but not necessary.

Me fighting Ultima/Atma weapon on Normal

"I fucking love this fight in FF6, I can't wait till I see him in Elite! It'll be an amazing fight!"

Me fighting him in Elite

"This is fucking awesome man I hope I get stuck on this fight once or twic.... oh... he's dead."

T_T A travesty!!

Think I'm just going to power through all of the FF6 elites at once. Enjoying them too much to 'break' at the half way point to do FF1/2/4. Plus I know if I can down them with my current party then I can sub in sub C-team (already leveling some B team in Cyan and Tifa)

Ashodin

Me fighting Ultima/Atma weapon on Normal

"I fucking love this fight in FF6, I can't wait till I see him in Elite! It'll be an amazing fight!"

Me fighting him in Elite

"This is fucking awesome man I hope I get stuck on this fight once or twic.... oh... he's dead."

T_T A travesty!!

lol. Atma Weapon fucked me up hard in original FF6.

I did one 50 Mythril pull and got absolute shit. I have no desire to ever spend money on this game after that. The RNG is pretty awful on a lot of stuff in this game.

Roto13

ea6ABgXl.jpg

Any tricky bosses to watch out for? :p

lol. Atma Weapon fucked me up hard in original FF6.

Yeah... He earned a spot in my most memorable boss fights in any game. That music, that artwork, that fight, those spells... Very iconic. The spells are here in this game, but he was just easy mode in both normal and elite which makes me a little sad. Hoping Atma round 2 at the end of FF6 will be more on the awesome scale.

Falk

that puzzling face
@KojiKnight: The last few FF6's trash and bosses hit on par with Vargas. You might want to swap in the A-team and just eat the XP deficit from the 50s. Better than wasting stamina.

Just did my first 11 pull and got 3 5* items, so that's nice. One Genji Shield and two Judgement Staves. I'm not sure I should combine the staves though. Hmmm... :/

@KojiKnight: The last few FF6's trash and bosses hit on par with Vargas. You might want to swap in the A-team and just eat the XP deficit from the 50s. Better than wasting stamina.
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Was hoping new spells and new elites would man tougher ones, but that doesn't seem the case yet at least.

R0ckman

Yeah... He earned a spot in my most memorable boss fights in any game. That music, that artwork, that fight, those spells... Very iconic. The spells are here in this game, but he was just easy mode in both normal and elite which makes me a little sad. Hoping Atma round 2 at the end of FF6 will be more on the awesome scale.

Fought him a year or two ago on the snes and I don't remember him being that hard on any of my run troughs actually, infact, I think it's time to pull that game back out, haven't finished that run through.

I was thinking the same since it's a staff and I'll most likely only have one healer in my party at a time, so I don't need to spread them out.

I'll need to run the weapon daily a bunch to get a lot more mats though, since I already poured them all into it and it's still not capped yet. Gotta max that Genji Shield too.

Disappointment! At least I got another gravity rod... So make my own 5* item!

And for anyone else that doesn't know... the hot key to take a screenshot on android is to hold down the power button and down volume at the same time.

Falk

that puzzling face
God damn you're setting yourself for disappointment lol

p.s. thankfully today is the shitty daily (who isn't rolling around in fire/earth/etc orbs and limited by other stuff nowadays) so the Elite train continues. 75 stamina now.

Would hate to have to break off to farm Scarletite/Adamantite.

p.s. thankfully today is the shitty daily (who isn't rolling around in fire/earth/etc orbs and limited by other stuff nowadays) so the Elite train continues. 75 stamina now.

Yeah, so much farming to do... Even without getting any new 5*s, I got a couple 4* and 3* mergers that are going to eat a lot.

Heh. I know. I actually don't care that much though I guess. As long as I get something I can use instead of having to throw away I'll be happy. 5* weapons would be nice, but anything, even if it's a 4 or 3* that gives me record synergy in a place where I'm currently using non-synergy weapons, or 1 / 2* base items would be a step up. Or a duplicate of something that allows me to go from 4 to 5*, or 5 to 6* would be fine as well.

Shahed

I've got a lot of armour to level up tomorrow. A few 4*'s and a 5* Genji Helm. Hoping 500k will cover it but I'm not sure. Gonna need so many materials that I'll have to put Elite's on hold. Once I finiah the one I'm on now I'll have 73 Stamina so it gives me 3 and half hours of inactivity.

Apparently the Japanese version got a really sweet update today.

• Learn Soul Breaks! Characters that equip a weapon or piece of armor that has a character specific Soul Break attached to them (think the Buster Sword Braver for Cloud) can permanently learn these abilities. Those characters gain a kind of "item experience" whenever they do dungeons (it comes up in the same screen where you can see the regular XP gain now). Once that character has reached the maximum in item experience, he will have permanently learned that items limit break and can use them even when equipping a different weapon. The max level seems to be 9000 and I gain like 100 item XP for each dungeon stage. So it does take a while ^
  • Decide for Soul Breaks on the fly! If a character currently has access to more than one limit break (through wearing items that hold limit breaks for example), you can select which one to use during the battle. The standard button that used to just activate your limit break is now replaced by a "select limit break" button that will change the ability bar to show you up to four available limit breaks for that character. So, you don't have to equip them before the battle. You can now decide on the fly whether to use Braver or Sonic Break on Cloud, for example. With the changes to being able to learn new soul breaks, this will certainly lead to new strategies.
  • Invite friends to play! There's currently a limited campaign to invite new people into the game. If you happen to want to start playing the JP account please PM me :) Both sides receive Mythril, if I understand correctly.
  • See the Enemy's Health Bar This has been added already a few weeks ago but was limited to events. Now you can see the health bar of every enemy and boss over all dungeons, both classic and elite. Now you will always know how much HP the boss has still left.
  • Carry even more stuff! The maximum limit for your equipment inventory has been raised to 500 slots. You still have to pay to gain new inventory slots. It's just you can go even higher if you want.

Taken from reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33n7y4/japan_news_2015_apr_24_big_update/

chrono01

Apparently the Japanese version got a really sweet update today.

• Learn Soul Breaks! Characters that equip a weapon or piece of armor that has a character specific Soul Break attached to them (think the Buster Sword Braver for Cloud) can permanently learn these abilities. Those characters gain a kind of "item experience" whenever they do dungeons (it comes up in the same screen where you can see the regular XP gain now). Once that character has reached the maximum in item experience, he will have permanently learned that items limit break and can use them even when equipping a different weapon. The max level seems to be 9000 and I gain like 100 item XP for each dungeon stage. So it does take a while ^
  • Decide for Soul Breaks on the fly! If a character currently has access to more than one limit break (through wearing items that hold limit breaks for example), you can select which one to use during the battle. The standard button that used to just activate your limit break is now replaced by a "select limit break" button that will change the ability bar to show you up to four available limit breaks for that character. So, you don't have to equip them before the battle. You can now decide on the fly whether to use Braver or Sonic Break on Cloud, for example. With the changes to being able to learn new soul breaks, this will certainly lead to new strategies.
  • Invite friends to play! There's currently a limited campaign to invite new people into the game. If you happen to want to start playing the JP account please PM me :) Both sides receive Mythril, if I understand correctly.
  • See the Enemy's Health Bar This has been added already a few weeks ago but was limited to events. Now you can see the health bar of every enemy and boss over all dungeons, both classic and elite. Now you will always know how much HP the boss has still left.
  • Carry even more stuff! The maximum limit for your equipment inventory has been raised to 500 slots. You still have to pay to gain new inventory slots. It's just you can go even higher if you want.

Taken from reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33n7y4/japan_news_2015_apr_24_big_update/
Those Soul Break changes sound great, and definitely increases my want/need to pull those 5* weapons.

...If I ever get one. ;_;

lyrick

Those Soul Break changes sound great, and definitely increases my want/need to pull those 5* weapons.

...If I ever get one. ;_;

I'm sure that when it comes around to us the only Soul breaks I'll be able to learn will have come from the Elite Drops for the Core characters.

Lets go Bard! You rock that Madhura Harp.

I went ahead and did my 11 pull.

uwtjBKUl.jpg

I had a Genji Armor already, so this will let me get a 6* Genji Armor. Can't complain about that. And I got lots of cool 4* weapons that I didn't have before. I had the Hypno Crown already, so this gets me a 5* Hypno Crown. And the double Diamond Armor gets me a 5* Diamond Armor too.

Overall, could have been better, but this should definitely make me a bit stronger.

Shahed

That Soul Break change is definitely good. Like Aerith's multi heal Aoe Soul Break is pretty good, but sometimes Seal Evil is more useful.

As for the.new boss drops. Does anyone know if there's any 3* stuff a la Black CowL? Or is it all 2* gear?

thedan001

DeNa knows how to reel in our pockets/wallets with that soul break mastery thing

So... someone said that Buster Sword isn't in the relic pull anymore and has been replaced by Hard Edge, which is cloud's better weapon/soul break

Does this mean it's unavailable forever or DeNa thinking of bringing back those as rewards to help new people keep up with the content?

Man, I hope so for the latter

Edit: I'm talking about the JP version obviously

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
DeNa knows how to reel in our pockets/wallets with that soul break mastery thing

So... someone said that Buster Sword isn't in the relic pull anymore and has been replaced by Hard Edge, which is cloud's better weapon/soul break

Does this mean it's unavailable forever or DeNa thinking of bringing back those as rewards to help new people keep up with the content?

Man, I hope so for the latter

Edit: I'm talking about the JP version obviously

If I'm not mistaken the weapon will always be in the pool of weapons available. It's just that when they highlight certain weapons as specials the chances of getting them get increased. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Falk

that puzzling face
Of special note are that many of the IV paintings have double bosses. If you can re-fight the penultimate boss (need to test this out) farming them if they have good loot should be way more efficient since you can repeat the stage. As opposed to the last stage where you're done when you're done and need to restart the entire painting.

edit: Rephrased for clarity.

Revisiting this - King and Queen of Eblan for example drop Greater Power Orb for a 10 stamina fight.

However unless you're massively overgeared, at this point they aren't perpetually farmable (you'd have to blow ability charges, etc)

My itch got the better of me so I bought one more 11 pull. This time i got 2 of Wakka's balls, another Genji Armor, and a Judgement Staff (which if my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, has got to be the worst 5* relic of all). so now i have a 7* Genji Armor after upgrading it. Guess i need to level Wakka too

Falk

that puzzling face
Wakka's break is pretty absurd to be honest if it works the way I figure (you'd be able to ditch Armor/Shell break)

edit@above: would probably depend who is better geared. Like if you have a Buster Sword, Armor Break is probably going to do more, etc.

Wakka's break is pretty absurd to be honest if it works the way I figure (you'd be able to ditch Armor/Shell break)

edit@above: would probably depend who is better geared. Like if you have a Buster Sword, Armor Break is probably going to do more, etc.
Rydia is probably my biggest damage dealer currently with her magic, so I was leaning towards Mental Break, but I have multiple heavy hitters for physical damage.

Mattiator

Hi
I'm rocking a team of aerith, cloud, sepiroth, rydia and tidus.
What are some mandatory spells that I should purchase.
Thanks for any advice. :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom