• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a site or wiki with dungeon requirements, I don't want to forget lightning or fire attacks after spending 70 stamina again.

Thanks.

Roto13

Guess I'm going back to grinding for Syldra, then.

Glad I wasted like six hours of stamina.

Hope Golbez doesn't mind only having two of his weaknesses exploited for Mastery.

mstevens

The irony of the crappy pull, is I would have been much more motivated to actually buy an 11-pull had my 70 stamina I'd saved up not gone towards absolute crap. Besides profit, I can't think of a single game play reason why gambling (with this horrid RNG) is preferable game design over guaranteed rewards or a shop system.

Think I'm done with this one. Hopefully DeNA does something a little different with their Nintendo efforts.

mstevens

Hope Golbez doesn't mind only having two of his weaknesses exploited for Mastery.

I got mastery while only exploiting one weakness and I let the guys before him merge. Shouldn't be too bad.

Falk

that puzzling face
Besides profit, I can't think of a single game play reason why gambling (with this horrid RNG) is preferable game design over guaranteed rewards or a shop system.

It's also cultural. There's a reason physical gachapon was a fad. Pachinko too to a smaller/less directly related extent.

edit:

For single stages, if a boss has 3 different goals you can Champion it while fulfilling two assuming you 9-star the basics (hence 15/18 total). Not that it really matters since you can still Mastery with a couple of gaffes in individual stages.

The irony of the crappy pull, is I would have been much more motivated to actually buy an 11-pull had my 70 stamina I'd saved up not gone towards absolute crap. Besides profit, I can't think of a single game play reason why gambling (with this horrid RNG) is preferable game design over guaranteed rewards or a shop system.

Surprised you're looking for a reason other than profit, honestly. Anyway, it's only gambling if you're putting money on the line. Otherwise it's just called upgrading your gear.

Negator

I used Shiva to beat Calcabrena. Used some melee hits on the blue ones and use Wakka's Soul Break before I hit Shiva, bam, all dead.

Just did a 11 pull. Got Wakka's bliztball as well as the Danjuro and Regal Gown. Also got tons of 12 equipment including 2 Empryean Rod's. At least I can combine those 2 together to get a 5 star rod. Now to upgrade all my new stuff...

Siren is still giving me trouble. I think I'll need to get some more FFV gear and both Mental and Armor break to make this work. Otherwise I'll have to start training Cloud. :/

Skipped ahead to the last ff6 elite, want to get it done so I can re retire Cloud and Sephiroth. Not going to lie, this place hits hard... Think I'll manage though. Just waiting on 4 more stamina to charge to finish it off.

(Edit) and easy moded the dullahan. Feels good... Nice ff3 hat too.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Seems I have a fairly typical party: Cloud (Blizz/Fire/etc. Strikes), Sephiroth(Double Cut), Tidus (Boost), Aerith (healing), Rydia (Black magic)

EDIT: Did anyone elses Android device just update and information windows (i.e. when creating an ability) become super tiny? Like this

w2lp4xq.png

DeviantBoi

I have 35k in crystals and I will continue to grind for them.

What should I aim for? Already bought Shiva.

A 4-star summon? A physical ability for my highest-hitting character (Cloud with his Buster Sword)? Or something else?

jwhit28

Seems I have a fairly typical party: Cloud (Blizz/Fire/etc. Strikes), Sephiroth(Double Cut), Tidus (Boost), Aerith (healing), Rydia (Black magic)

EDIT: Did anyone elses Android device just update and information windows (i.e. when creating an ability) become super tiny?

I think I'm going to have to start running with a dedicated healer and dedicated black mage/summoner. Cecil's backup healing doesn't seem like it will cut it the further I get into the elites. I'll be sad to see a Double Cut user leave though because this Retaliate game is ridiculous.

elty

EDIT: Did anyone elses Android device just update and information windows (i.e. when creating an ability) become super tiny? Like this

It is related to the WebView update. I think uninstalling the update should fix it.,

I think I'm going to have to start running with a dedicated healer and dedicated black mage/summoner. Cecil's backup healing doesn't seem like it will cut it the further I get into the elites. I'll be sad to see a Double Cut user leave though because this Retaliate game is ridiculous.

Cecil being limited to Cura (and a weakass cura at that) is hugely hampering. A dedicated black mage is a must... Even in the hardest FF6 elite just released, Rydia is hitting 7k damage on Fira. Om-nom-nom, fried Whelk and Dullahan.

Vorpal

Loving how many times I can run through the daily with a full 72-stamina gauge. Anyone know the current max stamina possible in the JP version?

Colby

Thought that might be related. When I saw the update was installed that's when the problem happened.

Thanks!
I get the tiny window problem all the time, but I figured out that if you just swipe up or down, the window resizes and fixes itself.

Did my 11 pull. Finally have a 5* with a Genji shield,the rest is junk outside of 4* robe from FFIV that will help Rydia with FFIV levels.
No bloody weapons..all armour, helms and shields. Grrr

Falk

that puzzling face
GOD DAMN

Asura drops Greater Power Orbs. You'd think that would be the one boss in the entire game right now that you'd expect to drop White Orbs...

But no.

I'm convinced you're not supposed to have White Orbs ever. You can't even get them from Aerith event.

Negator

GOD DAMN

Asura drops Greater Power Orbs. You'd think that would be the one boss in the entire game right now that you'd expect to drop White Orbs...

But no.

I'm convinced you're not supposed to have White Orbs ever. You can't even get them from Aerith event.

I dunno man, I have 42 Greater White Orb from doing the elite dungeons. Feels like that's a lot for now?

Shahed

You could always give Sephiroth and or Aerith a Black Magic Spell. Cloud could also use one of his strikes. I gave Aerith Thundara and Rydia used Fira and Blizzara which was good enough for me.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno man, I have 42 Greater White Orb from doing the elite dungeons. Feels like that's a lot for now?

Ironically Greaters are no problem. I just want White Orbs because Curaga is enough for now and I don't wanna waste Greaters of the other colors refining Curaja

Negator

Ironically Greaters are no problem. I just want White Orbs because Curaga is enough for now and I don't wanna waste Greaters of the other colors refining Curaja

OH. I see.

Prepare for Wednesdays I guess lol. A side effect of farming for lots of power orb on Wednesday is that I now have a ton of White Orbs!

Falk

that puzzling face
Went in blind in Classic and got the Mastery anyway. Got all stars other than the 3 for casting Reflect on Asura. (incl. lightning on Leviathan etc)

Depends if you're confident enough of not losing stars to actions taken or incoming damage I guess.

Mobs are a little trickier than the previous IV elites since it often gives you 2 higher-HP mobs vs 1-high + 2 low-HP mobs in the previous elites.

Shahed

That's the one I'm doing next. I'm gonna try it without Reflect. Not wasting no White Orbs there. It was easy enough on Classic so I'm hoping I'll be fine. Would really like some more Non Elementals though to hone Comet.

Negator

Just finished all the FF6 elites, content is done for now!

Armor Mako Reactor comes just in time to level up these new 4* gears from the elite mastery rewards.

I've gotten a 4* Robe and Helm for FFIII I think. Anything else?

There's a Feathered Hat in the last FF6 elite.

Shahed

I've gotten a 4* Robe and Helm for FFIII I think. Anything else?

Done all the FFIV Elites now. Got North Mountain on FFV, and 9 morw Elites in FFVI to do. Gonna take a break to get some materials for upgrading now though. Also got my 50 Mythril so I think I'll spend any extra 5 I get.

So many Rods and Staffs. I hate getting them. Kain's weapon is nice though! Grats.

Kouriozan

Hmm, finally, farming Moblitz wasn't a waste, I could make and soon hone the best healing spell with all those 4* wind orbs he gives me.

EGM92

Finally got a character weapon... Too bad it's for someone that I don't use. I guess I'll swap out Tiduz for Wakka hopefully that limit break will come in handy with some of the older elite dungeons. I just wish they would decrease the stamina reload by a minute :D

2015-04-24%2008.20.22.png

Shahed

I wish they would stop pretending 3*'s are anything special now by highlighting every single Orb you get. It's like I'm playing Zelda. Yes I've had this before. I know what it is and you don't have to tell me again

I wonder if Cloud will hit 50 whwn doing today's Daily. He's 46 now but no longer my highest level party member. Due to the lack of Mage replacements and all the FFIV stuff, Rydia's gone past him to 47 now

46YV36Bl.jpg

I love me some armor daily. First 10 stam I spent on it.

So much better than the stinky weapon daily which hates me as much as I hate it and clutters my inventory with 2* upgrade mats.

Nice. Better enemy selection definitely helps as well. More mobs

Falk

that puzzling face
46YV36Bl.jpg

I love me some armor daily. First 10 stam I spent on it.

So much better than the stinky weapon daily which hates me as much as I hate it and clutters my inventory with 2* upgrade mats.

Shahed

When does rydia get a new soul break? Chocobo... so weak.
Actually she has a better version of Shiva at the moment. Needs her 5* weapon though

It wasn't long ago where it took 2 hours to recharge Stamina after use. Now it's pretty much 4 hours. Yes more Stamina is better in terms of knowing I have more time at work or something else where I can leave the game alone until my break or lunch instead of Auto battling on the sly. But if I empty my stamina now it takes ages to come back. Been tempted to spend a Mythril to refill a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom