• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
How come I never see people on here mention assigning Esuna?

Does no one really equip this life saving ability? Isn't this something that would be very helpful for future elite bosses?

Deadly

How come I never see people on here mention assigning Esuna?

Does no one really equip this life saving ability? Isn't this something that would be very helpful for future elite bosses?
I'm considering getting it on my healer but usually people probably just force quit and restart :lol

Kouriozan

Yeah, I love the official gamematome website, there is almost everything to know and is in 3 languages <3
Only con is the "forum".

Oh and fun stuff, new FF VI elites are easier than the old ones.

One of my most memorabe scenes from final fantasy 6 is when sabin, cyan, and shadow are stuck on the phantom train and the ghosts are surrounding them:

Phantom-Train-FFVI-iOS.png

And this dungeon is probably where we get Cyan too I am guessing.

Totally nailed it. This is after all where the bulk, perhaps even the end, of cyan's personal story is.

Otheradam

I'm reading that some people are saving up mithril for the Terra event. Did she cost mithril to get in the JP version? Wondering if its for relic pulls or actually cashing in to get Terra. If mithril isn't required to get her, I'll blow my mithril now.

Vorpal

I was considering saving all of my mythril for an eventual relic event with one of my favorite characters, but I'm positive that sitting on 50+ mythril for a couple months would make me exponentially more frustrated when I inevitably pull 11 3* & 4* gear. Better just to try my luck without that much anticipation

I'm reading that some people are saving up mithril for the Terra event. Did she cost mithril to get in the JP version? Wondering if its for relic pulls or actually cashing in to get Terra. If mithril isn't required to get her, I'll blow my mithril now.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure people are just talking about cashing in mythril for a shot at a particular character's 5* weapon.

Shahed

Just for the Mythril in order to get her weapon. Well at least for me anyway

Kouriozan

Yes, it's indeed to try to get her 5*
It's also one of my favorite with Ashe, but Ashe is like 3 months away so I'll just use everything for Terra.

She's an incredibly popular character, so people want her as their main and thus are saving to increase the odds of pulling her weapon during her event.

One of my most memorabe scenes from final fantasy 6 is when sabin, cyan, and shadow are stuck on the phantom train and the ghosts are surrounding them:

Phantom-Train-FFVI-iOS.png

And this dungeon is probably where we get Cyan too I am guessing.
I really would love to see some more bizarre characters available for use, and I think starting with ?????? would be amazing. Just throw everybody in!

johnsmith

remember me
Am I the only person playing since day 1 without any 5*s? I have the worst damn luck in these games. Not a single 5* in Chain Chronicle either.

Am I the only person playing since day 1 without any 5*s? I have the worst damn luck in these games. Not a single 5* in Chain Chronicle either.

You are not alone! I saved 50 once again, not sure if I really want to be disappointed another time! I kind of enjoy the game more now that I am thinking that I will get a 5* I want (or any at this point) when I pull again. I just don't pull anymore... ;)

Vorpal

I started a few days after launch, but I'm in the same boat. Like the poster above me, my only 5* is a Black Cowl++

jwhit28

I haven't rolled one yet. I'm pleasantly surprised it really hasn't stopped progression though. This game is actually getting me excited for whatever DeNA and Nintendo might be cooking up.

Falk

that puzzling face
record synergy stuff

I disagree, this is what really keeps the game interesting for me. Having the whole 'this stuff belongs in this world' juggling keeps each set of paintings/elites interesting, rather than having a formulaic party to constantly go to.

If you hate hoarding/inventory management I can totally see where you're coming from, though. (I have 200 item slots now :V RIP 20 mythril)

re: 5*s I've done a single 11 pull so far (ty update) and got a Buster Sword. That's about it for my 5*s other than Black Cowl++. Buster Sword alone makes the game far easier though. (DeNA pls)

Deadly

I wish there was a way to have double cut target two targets when you want it to.

Forgot to bring an all attack at Calabrina and I've been stuck hoping double cut to attack separately to get the mastery....

Kouriozan

I haven't rolled one yet. I'm pleasantly surprised it really hasn't stopped progression though. This game is actually getting me excited for whatever DeNA and Nintendo might be cooking up.
I think the same, did 0 pulls, started when it launched in Europe, and I can progress through elites rather easily.

I wish there was a way to have double cut target two targets when you want it to.

Forgot to bring an all attack at Calabrina and I've been stuck hoping double cut to attack separately to get the mastery....
I got Mastery on that level without getting the Calcabrina stipulation.

I started working on the Wiki a little bit. I added orb locations for classic dungeons up to the point of yesterday, and I also started adding boss conditions, at least for FF6 (contains everything including the new stuff).

Would be great to get more people contributing. The way I plan to do it is just add new orb drops and mastery conditions as I do the dungeons, and hopefully it just fills itself out over time.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah, the official site is kinda... junk and almost as clunky to navigate as the ingame UI (heh)

I'll chip in when I can.

Shahed

Done Vargas and thankfully got Mastery on him first try. Was not looking forward to doing that stamina slog a second time. What makes him hard is that you can't touch him until you kill the mobs first. A Fira and a Fire Strike kills each of them, but I only have one Cloud and one Rydia. Had to reload a few times due to someone dying before I barely got a turn in lol.

After him the last Elite in FFV was the only other hard one right? Among the old ones that is. My team is still largely early 40's but I doubt a few levels would make that much of a difference.

NomadX

Neo Member
Apparently, this game wants me to use FF7 characters. After getting Aerith's Guard Stick, I pulled Cloud's Buster Sword with the mythril from the update. Can't complain though, sort of makes up for the wasted 60 bucks.

None for me either. I'm sitting on 40 mythril though and working my way through the new elites, so hopefully I'll pull one tomorrow.
The game doesn't really punish you for not having them though and there's plenty of 4 star stuff given away as rewards.

SunGod

I'm the same, you don't really need 5* gear so far. I'd managed to clear everything before the update yesterday (all but one elite dungeon pre-nerf)

I've completed the I & II classic/elite dungeons and most of the first batch of VI elite dungeons too, I'm mixing them in with the classic IV dungeons as I go along.

I've spent 20 mythril on draws (the first 20 I got) 1 mythril healing between Baigan and Cagnazzo (pre-nerf) and 10 mythril on inventory slots (and I use another 10 soon) I'm sitting on 93 mythril at the moment...

Falk

that puzzling face
Of special note are that many of the IV paintings have double bosses. If you can re-fight the penultimate boss (need to test this out) farming them if they have good loot should be way more efficient since you can repeat the stage. As opposed to the last stage where you're done when you're done and need to restart the entire painting.

edit: Rephrased for clarity.

Of special note are that many of the IV paintings have double bosses. If you can re-fight the penultimate boss (need to test this out) farming them if they have good loot should be way more efficient since you can repeat the stage. As opposed to the last stage where you're done when you're done and need to restart the entire painting.

I am pretty sure those guys just drop the same items as the non-boss levels.

Just make sure if you need mastery to hit that mark your last go as the last fight result will overwrite previous ones. I made this error on calcabrina, only had one shiva.

Also, has it been noted that globe drops flame helm for II, the only equip I've gotten so far and it's for a realm with poor synergy.

elty

I am trying to save for Terra's weapon, but the 10% rate now is sooooo hard to resist.

Not sure if anyone can use whip other than Rydia though. I prefer to have weapon that can be equip by multiple people.

I am trying to save for Terra's weapon, but the 10% rate now is sooooo hard to resist.

Not sure if anyone can use whip other than Rydia though. I prefer to have weapon that can be equip by multiple people.
No one right now besides Rydia and Tyro, but there are definitely characters coming that can, including queen
Quistis.

Vorpal

Reposting this. Does anyone know what this human icon represents for gear? Only Tyro and Wakka have it on their profile but I don't know what it's for.

I've always been curious about this too. The icon is right between weapons and armor (starting with a shield), so it's hard to tell which category it belongs to. If it were a bodysuit or something, I'd expect it to be closer to the armor/robe icons.

My best guess is that it's an icon for Lulu's doll weapons? But I don't think she's even in the JP version, and it wouldn't really make sense for Wakka for be able to use them.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at this Wiki page of FF:RK Weapons, it seems like that icon is a catch-all for unique weapon types specific to one character. (E.g., Wakka's blitzball,
Red XIII's pins
)

Red Mage

Okay, a course of questions. I keep seeing FFIV stages like Zot and such being mentioned. How do is unlock those or are they for the JP version. Also, for those who are playing the JP version, when do we get the Red Mage. Finally, just started the FFI levels, and I thought the Core guys would sync with them.

Vorpal

Okay, a course of questions. I keep seeing FFIV stages like Zot and such being mentioned. How do is unlock those or are they for the JP version. Also, for those who are playing the JP version, when do we get the Red Mage. Finally, just started the FFI levels, and I thought the Core guys would sync with them.

1. You unlock additional FFIV (and any realm) stages by completing any of the ones marked as "New." They don't all unlock in a straight line, so you'll have to jump around different realms.

2. You'll find the answer to your Red Mage question as you complete realm stages.

3. Core guys don't sync with anything, unfortunately.

Red Mage

1. You unlock additional FFIV (and any realm) stages by completing any of the ones marked as "New." They don't all unlock in a straight line, so you'll have to jump around different realms.

2. You'll find the answer to your Red Mage question as you complete realm stages.

3. Core guys don't sync with anything, unfortunately.

Ah, because I have cleared all of the VI stages, so was wondering about IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom