• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Mage

You might need to jump over to I and II stages? Hard to say. Do you see "NEW" in front of any of the doors?

On I, which I am working on. Had to wait a few minutes to get enough stamina for the Dark Elf battle.

BTW, I see that they made Faris a Summoner. That is an... Interesting choice.

reKon

Banned
I started working on the Wiki a little bit. I added orb locations for classic dungeons up to the point of yesterday, and I also started adding boss conditions, at least for FF6 (contains everything including the new stuff).

Would be great to get more people contributing. The way I plan to do it is just add new orb drops and mastery conditions as I do the dungeons, and hopefully it just fills itself out over time.

This should be included in the OP

Having my first issue with an elite boss, the Siren.

I can beat her but not getting anywhere close to champion. I've tried all the strategies I've seen online but it's still a slog, and I've got a mostly mid-40s team. This is when it looks like I'll need to level up particular characters just to get by (read: Cloud), but that kinda takes a bit of the fun out of it.

Roto13

One of the new bosses dropped a four-star FFIII Crystal Helm and I thought "I should make a mental note of that" but apparently I didn't because I don't remember which one it was. :I

GAMERG0D

That's a reward for Chaos Shrine mastery. I noticed there were 2 other III armor given as mastery reward for elite dungeons. I think a VI dungeon and a IV one. I also saw a nice III harp in VI, Opera House I think.

B.K.

I'm having a hard time in the Dwarf castle Final Fantasy IV level. These dolls seem like they're impossible to kill without an AoE ability.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man what the heck happened in Mobliz. Somebody got lazy. No trash mobs? They skipped the burning house, but they had you fight on the deserted island? So weird.
Why are you complaining? Humbaba is free wind-element orbs :V

edit@below: If everything were paintings there'd be nothing left for events.

I finished as much as I can of my dungeon farming guide. AFAIK this is the most up-to-date reference currently about what items and orbs drop where. I decided to do this because I was tired of everything being in Protected spreadsheets that nobody has permission to edit except the owner of the spreadsheet.

Hopefully some more people other than me can come along and fill in the missing holes. What I've been doing is to just play the game as normal, but whenever I enter a dungeon, I look at my drops and see if they're listed on the table, adn if not I add them. With enough people doing this hopefully we can get a complete picture of where everything drops, and then we can move on to looking into the *best* places to farm orbs for the stamina, since not all levels are created equal in terms of drop rates.

Negator

Having all these spread out wikis and spreadsheets and all this really makes me wish we had a wowhead-like database for all this stuff. I've always taken it for granted, but damn would it be nice for this game.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man.

Stamina gravy train ended last night at 72 (after hours of nonstop play) and I've been twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to refill and planning out how to tackle the remaining elites in a way that maximizes the rest of the free refills.

There's definitely an urge to blow $$$ on gems on stamina right after a rush of content like that. Not a strong one, but definitely present in a way similar to after the launch gravy train. Ditto having Mythril roll in for a 11-pull with some leftover.

DeNA definitely know what they're doing lol.

Having all these spread out wikis and spreadsheets and all this really makes me wish we had a wowhead-like database for all this stuff. I've always taken it for granted, but damn would it be nice for this game.

Well, that's the problem right there - everyone wants their own personal reference sheet really, with no actual wiki in the user-contributed, user-curated sense. That's why I'm throwing my lot in on the wikia one. Yeah, idiots will submit wrong/inaccurate information as they always do, but FFRK has enough of a userbase that it'll get weeded out. Or so I'd like to believe, anyway.

Judgement Staff

and....

Judgement Staff

Someone's gonna have a fun time with Holy lol

thedan001

Man... got all excited for my turn to do 11 pull after all the new content

I see two, TWO 5* colored orbs, so excite!

Judgement Staff

and....

Judgement Staff

My heart... I cant take it
I mean... its cool and all, but Im already content with Light Staff, Judgement Staff just adds +25 or so more mind to healers

:(

Yea, it frustrates me that I have so much experience with programming and software development, but so little in web development. I even have some pretty good experience with databases, just none of the HTML / CSS / Javascript stuff required to hook it up to an actual website.

I agree though, a database site would be nice. But like you, I'm just tired of seeing shit spread all around and you can never find the link you need, and when you do find it, you can't fix any errors with it when they're wrong because the sheets are protected.

Shahed

How easy is it to update that stuff from mobile? Because I haven't got the slightest idea how to do it. I'm only doing Elites now but I could make a note if I get a type of Orb a lot or whatver a boss drops

How easy is it to uodate that stuff from mobile? Because I haven't got the slightest idea how to do it. I'm only doing Elites now but I could make a not if I get a type of Orb a lot or whatver a boss drops

Not sure how well editing complex tables works on mobile. But you could always leave a comment at the bottom of the page if the drop you got isn't listed.

Falk

that puzzling face
You could even post here and one of us would probably pick it up. Forums aren't good for reference since shit moves but if it ends up on the wiki anyway it's all good.

thedan001

I'll also be happy to help out with the wiki, just please make it good

fast and efficient, so I dont need to pull up 10 tabbed pages to cross-examine stuff for this game

edit: so happy for new dungeons, 70 stamina makes it easier to max out your stamina usage between recharges (and more sleep)

duckroll

Managed to exchange for Aerith, yay! My run through the normal difficulty of the event was actually going well until Rydia accidentally died because I healed the WRONG person. Auto-aim SUCKS. But I still managed to get champion on the remaining battles including the Reno fight, lol.

Not sure what to do with the event now. What else is worth exchanging or grinding more mythril for?

Not sure what to do with the event now. What else is worth exchanging or grinding more mythril for?
Summon orbs are difficult to find elsewhere, but then again at 1500 each you might not afford that many. Perhaps it's wiser to get some of the cheaper orbs and use them to create or hone low-level abilities.

I didn't bother with the ★★ equipment or the accessories.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just realized I have
a Cat Claw 4*
two Ripper 3*s
a Mythril Knife 2*+

All FFII synergy knives

I think I'm kinda set for FFII

thedan001

Since you started around a week ago(?) I would recommend looking up 2* and 3* abilites and hone those, I wouldn't worry about trying to create everything tho

Research which abilities are godsends and hone those, I recommend stuff like:
spellblades for cloud, 2* -ara black magic, cura/curaga, protect/haste, double cut, and enfeebling spells for target conditions

The 4* abilities take up more time/gil and most of us beat the elites without 4* abilities anyway, but we usually farmed up resonance gear
if you still playing after all this, you should start getting into lv40's and should start upgrading into higher tier abilities list to prep for new content

hope this helps

2 poison claws merged together means Tifa is annihilating FF6 elites... not that even that is needed. These new elites being so easy mode is a little disappointing. Hope by the end they'll have ramped back up.

duckroll

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll just progress with the normal story dungeons for now, maybe do event runs a few more times over the next week or so, since they're pretty good for exp, and then decide what I need most and cash out on those before the event ends.

Shahed

Anyonw try Dia on Aerith? Seems like it'd be pretty cheap to upgrade quite a bit and with it being based on her MND stat instead it could be decently powered.E

Edit: Adamantoise in the Snow Cavern (FFII) drops a 2* Heavy Shield (FFVI. Well he does on Elite but it's the same gear drops right?

Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll just progress with the normal story dungeons for now, maybe do event runs a few more times over the next week or so, since they're pretty good for exp, and then decide what I need most and cash out on those before the event ends.
I'd say get the 2* equipment since they're both very cheap, and awkward to come buy. I mean I still use those Protect Vests whenever I enter an FFVII area. Obviously Mythril is your priority from the FFVII event.

You've probably picked up loads of Leather Gloves from random newer story content, or will soon if you haven't yet. Combine them togther by raising one to max level and merging with the base form of another twice in order to get a Lv 10 Leather Glove ++. One of the new characters you unlock Josef will do good if notnthe best damage in FFVII worlds with those. Tifa would have been better, but not much uou can do about that. It's cheap to upgrade being a native 1* and you will be sick of the sight of them soon. They drop far too often lol

saher

Banned
man yesterday i was playing the game all day, there was just too much content and i still have few elite dungeons left.

I'm nearing 90.000 magicite from the FF7 event;

30k will go for the **** summon orbs
15k will go for the *** summon orbs
some (3kish) will go for all the ** orbs, just because cheap

Basing on the pre-udpate consensus, my original idea was to invest 15k on 3-stars non-elemental orbs, and the remaining almost 30k on whatever 4-stars orbs were most difficult to farm, notably Lightning ones.

Important abilities I'm still missing: all the -breaks, blitz, comet. Also all the new ones.

I have the spells up to -ra; nothing honed so far.

Is that still a valid approach, or should I invest these 40 - 45.000 better? Help me ATB GAF...

Shahed

Tell me about it. I'm still using Cura since I've got 8 and haven't been able to hone Curaga at all. I really want Non Elemental stuff as well so I can create Mental Break and hone Comet. Hopefully farming latter FFVI Elites will be viable.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm nearing 90.000 magicite from the FF7 event;

30k will go for the **** summon orbs
15k will go for the *** summon orbs
some (3kish) will go for all the ** orbs, just because cheap

Basing on the pre-udpate consensus, my original idea was to invest 15k on 3-stars non-elemental orbs, and the remaining almost 30k on whatever 4-stars orbs were most difficult to farm, notably Lightning ones.

Important abilities I'm still missing: all the -breaks, blitz, comet. Also all the new ones.

I have the spells up to -ra; nothing honed so far.

Is that still a valid approach, or should I invest these 40 - 45.000 better? Help me ATB GAF...

Start spending those now. The interface is so annoying, having to spend 100k magicite might make me quit the game.

Z3M0G

2nd Gengi Shield...

That's five 5* items without any of the character-specific stuff...

Increased drop rates they say? Pfffft...

Falk

that puzzling face
You have to manually (as in, inside the app, but it's not automatic) upload saves.

Menu -> Preventing Data Loss

Kouriozan

Just tried Moblitz elite, was scared of the "difficulty 60" so I did the boost/counter/double strike trick (I have yet to make defence break) and it was really easy.
The wiki says he drops Mythril Sword, I know what to farm until Terra then, my weapons are pretty bad and the strongest one is the first 3* sword they give you in the tutorial...
Plus it's a one battle dungeon, so I got to keep the orbs this time.

garath

Another 3 star pull. This game absolutely hates me.

Doing these new story quests is just like the old school FF RPGs. I've completely overleveled and I'm just mashing A (auto attacking) through it all lol.

Doing these new story quests is just like the old school FF RPGs. I've completely overleveled and I'm just mashing A (auto attacking) through it all lol.

Rotate your party to make it a little harder for you. I've got Cyan and Wakka teamed up with the lowest level guys in my killing crew and things are squeaking by in Normal (I don't believe in growth eggs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom