• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Got Aerith up to lvl12 or so just from doing the two FFVII Elite dungeons and making another Normal run in the Event. Realm synergy is a scary thing!

Shahed

I shouldn't have done that last Elite. Now I probably won't be able to get enough materials to upgrade everything. Oh well I can push the FFIII stuff I picked up to next week.

20 Mythril saved up.

To spend now or wait for 50, that is the question. I've never saved up as much and always used them as they've come but now I'm almost half way there, (although it's now going to be a long grind to get to 50 having done a lot of the new content) I kind of want to just wait it out for a free pull (which when you think about it, it doesn't really feel like worth the wait).

Kyari

When does rydia get a new soul break? Chocobo... so weak.

0gmUDPi.jpg

Speaking of which, got my first soul break 5 star from a single pull!

Currently farming the aerith event with this team:

KYjakqJ.png

I've got hard mode on auto battle farm. Gonna get enough magicite for all the high tier orbs I think.

I did a 50 pull yesterday and got wakka's 5* and a genji armor which is nice. Tossed him in the back row and he's wrecking stuff.

tey1s1T.png

Falk

that puzzling face
I think the nicest thing about Wakka's 5* is you have a massive leg-up on FFX elite stuff. whenever that comes.

All the other characters make you OP in realms where you can already do decently with current rewards/random gacha loot

Hycran

Banned
S C A R L E T I T E B O Y S

I got shit to upgrade man.

R O L E P L A Y E R 30%

I didn't realize how much mythril this whole event gave so I've been doing single pulls all week. Up to 73 stam which is great. I had a black robe and crystal bangle from before the event and I picked up one of each and fused them for some "5 star gear". Also managed to pick up genji armor for Cecil which is sweet, but the armor daily couldn't have come at a better time.

Now I just need the weapon daily for all my 5 star weapons that I don't have... T_T

Edit: How come more people don't run Cecil? Rampart is awesome for making sure you don't get hooped on the damage taken Stat. When we have protectra and shellra it may be worse but still, shit is money

reKon

Banned
OK, now that I've seen the synergy stats for the weapons within my inventory I gotta say how ridiculous this whole system is. So you're telling me that a natural 1 star equipment that's fully upgraded can be better than the native 4 star weaponry that's been upgraded halfway - all due to synergy? Fuck out of here, lol..

That really takes away from the whole experience of getting awesome 4/5 equip on drops because it will not be worth using in nearly all but one of the worlds...

chrono01

I have enough for a 10+1 pull but I'm not sure if I should use it now or wait for another event. If all of the "event" gatcha items were contained in a single lot, I probably would, but knowing that you can't get Cloud's Buster Sword and Aerith's Guard Stick in the same pull is frustrating, considering I want both and would need to choose. If I did use them it would probably not be on Aerith's though, simply due to the sheer number of item increases with the other banner. At least, I think the banners work this way. There's a bit of confusion/speculation over on Reddit.

For those that play the Japanese version [or have knowledge of it], do they ever have a "Godfest" style of event where all event items are increased beyond their standard "rate-up" numbers, with a variety of them becoming available? I'm a patient man, so I don't mind waiting a little longer if it means an even better chance at pulling something good. But then, the current rate-up seems to be pretty successful for a lot of people, and having a 5* [outside of Black Cowl, which I farmed in-game] would be nice...

garath

I have enough for a 10+1 pull but I'm not sure if I should use it now or wait for another event. If all of the "event" gatcha items were contained in a single lot, I probably would, but knowing that you can't get Cloud's Buster Sword and Aerith's Guard Stick in the same pull is frustrating, considering I want both and would need to choose. If I did use them it would probably not be on Aerith's though, simply due to the sheer number of item increases with the other banner. At least, I think the banners work this way. There's a bit of confusion/speculation over on Reddit.

For those that play the Japanese version [or have knowledge of it], do they ever have a "Godfest" style of event where all event items are increased beyond their standard "rate-up" numbers, with a variety of them becoming available? I'm a patient man, so I don't mind waiting a little longer if it means an even better chance at pulling something good. But then, the current rate-up seems to be pretty successful for a lot of people, and having a 5* [outside of Black Cowl, which I farmed in-game] would be nice...

I really don't think the banners work that way. When you click on one, they all rotate on the top. I'd be utterly shocked if there were separate pools.

chrono01

I really don't think the banners work that way. When you click on one, they all rotate on the top. I'd be utterly shocked if there were separate pools.
Well, according to Reddit no one has managed to pull an item from both advertised banners in a single set of 10+1 pulls.

It could just be RNG, but I'm not sure.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
OK, now that I've seen the synergy stats for the weapons within my inventory I gotta say how ridiculous this whole system is. So you're telling me that a natural 1 star equipment that's fully upgraded can be better than the native 4 star weaponry that's been upgraded halfway - all due to synergy? Fuck out of here, lol..

That really takes away from the whole experience of getting awesome 4/5 equip on drops because it will not be worth using in nearly all but one of the worlds...

This is the beauty of the system and why it is so great. You don't have to rely on paid pulls in order to have a strong party. You can just rely on synergy weapons to get you through almost all content. I honestly can't believe people have a problem with that system... it's so much better for the player. There are other games where you simply must have certain characters in order to do certain content. That's absolutely not the case here because of the synergy stuff.

Xetherion

They are separate pools. Data mined spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EVgnpdyxy9kRzYeyjhC2wDFgCM/edit#gid=407557708

And chrono01, according to our resident JP player Shouta, the closest thing to a godfest this game has is when they have 4 characters' items rate up, which is what is going on now with Kain/Cloud/Wakka/Rydia. Now is the time to pull unless you want to wait for the next 4 character event.

chrono01

And chrono01, according to our resident JP player Shouta, the closest thing to a godfest this game has is when they have 4 characters' items rate up, which is what is going on now with Kain/Cloud/Wakka/Rydia. Now is the time to pull unless you want to wait for the next 4 character event.
Thanks man, I'll probably go ahead and do a pull this evening then.

I would have liked to wait for Terra's event, but I have a feeling the drop-rate for her weapon will be low. If this is, as you said, the "Godfest" equivalent, I might as well use my 10+1 pull now and then save up for the next one. Given the amount of content/dungeons we seem to receive with each update, getting 50 Mythril for a 10+1 pull every 4 character event shouldn't be too difficult.

Roto13

App is being weird today. Equipment list is trembling when I scroll and sometimes the next page doesn't load at all. Also, the window that pops up to confirm equipment upgrades is tiny.

EDIT: I see I'm not the only person with this problem.

johnsmith

remember me
Were the first batch of elites really nerfed? Going from floating continent 2 to abandoned mineshaft and the mobs are hitting like trucks.

In case anyone is into number crunching as much as i am, i made a spreadsheet to help you compare gear

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33ovpg/equipment_optimizer_v01/

The idea is that you can list all the items in your inventory along with their current upgrade level and a realm synergy you want to know about, and it will compute the final stats of each item, applying synergy bonuses where appropriate.

You can think of it as optimizing the process of equipping something, going into a dungeon, checking the stats with synergy bonus, then checking the stats of a different non synergy item and seeing which is better.

It does more than that though since it can compute stats at an arbitrary upgrade level so you can see how an item you just pulled might fare after it's been upgraded a few times, which might help you decide if it's worth keeping

Were the first batch of elites really nerfed? Going from floating continent 2 to abandoned mineshaft and the mobs are hitting like trucks.

Yes, they were severely nerfed. The mobs less so than the bosses. It was massively drastic the change.

In case anyone is into number crunching as much as i am, i made a spreadsheet to help you compare gear

The idea is that you can list all the items in your inventory along with their current upgrade level and a realm synergy you want to know about, and it will compute the final stats of each item, applying synergy bonuses where appropriate.

You can think of it as optimizing the process of equipping something, going into a dungeon, checking the stats with synergy bonus, then checking the stats of a different non synergy item and seeing which is better.

It does more than that though since it can compute stats at an arbitrary upgrade level so you can see how an item you just pulled might fare after it's been upgraded a few times, which might help you decide if it's worth keeping

Thanks, bookmarked for later use!

Yesterday spoilt me. With all the stamina from classic dungeons I felt I had an unlimited supply of stamina. Practically played it all day. Today, well back to waiting for the refills :(

satori

Wow awesome, thanks bro.

garath

They are separate pools. Data mined spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...EVgnpdyxy9kRzYeyjhC2wDFgCM/edit#gid=407557708

Mind boggling. This is another mark against the UI then. Ugly.

Umm.. I have some doubts about this spreadsheet. The in game help says that when there is a relic rate up event, it does not mean that the individual rate of drawing some 5* item will change. Only that if you do draw a 5*, the chance of it being the item with rate UP will be different. Andi f you add up the 5* probabilities across different events, they don't match, which contradicts what the in game help says.

Where did you find this?

Edit; Removed part I was wrong about

Umm.. There's no way in hell this spreadsheet is accurate. If you add up all the probabilities of the 5* items, this is saying there is a 16/1000 = .16% chance of getting a 5* from any given pull. Or 1 out of every 62.5 pulls. Furthermore, For a given rarity, all drops are listed as equally likely, which we already know not to be true (not only because the in-game help says so, but also because of anecdotal evidence).

Where did you find this? Because it looks like total BS to me.

That is the chance to pull from a common draw (you can tell because rare pulls don't have 1 or 2 star drops and that list has them)

Umm.. There's no way in hell this spreadsheet is accurate. If you add up all the probabilities of the 5* items, this is saying there is a 16/1000 = .16% chance of getting a 5* from any given pull. Or 1 out of every 62.5 pulls. Furthermore, For a given rarity, all drops are listed as equally likely, which we already know not to be true (not only because the in-game help says so, but also because of anecdotal evidence).

Where did you find this? Because it looks like total BS to me.

There's multiple sheets. I think you're looking at the Common pull sheet which also includes all the 1* and 2*

You're right, that was for the common relic pull. So I'm wrong about that, I edited my post. But that still doesn't explain why, if these are true, the sum of probabilities for all 5* items don't add up to be the same across the different events even though the in-game help says they will be.

johnsmith

remember me
Someone was asking what that person symbol on the equipment meant. Looks like its a ball symbol, either that or a symbol for unique weapons.

21030001_05_112.png

Vlade

I got a 4* light staff that changes my whm soul break that's not on that sheet at all.

garath

You're right, that was for the common relic pull. So I'm wrong about that, I edited my post. But that still doesn't explain why, if these are true, the sum of probabilities for all 5* items don't add up to be the same across the different events even though the in-game help says they will be.

That's a good point. According to the spreadsheet the "aerith" banner has a 7% chance of a 5*. The other banner has a 10% chance of 5*s.

That would be..... strange.

Holy crap, 0.002% for the non promo 5* character relics when it's a promotion event for something like Aerith or Cloud's weapon.
They really know how to stack the odds.

Xetherion

Umm.. I have some doubts about this spreadsheet. The in game help says that when there is a relic rate up event, it does not mean that the individual rate of drawing some 5* item will change. Only that if you do draw a 5*, the chance of it being the item with rate UP will be different. Andi f you add up the 5* probabilities across different events, they don't match, which contradicts what the in game help says.

Where did you find this?

Edit; Removed part I was wrong about

This is where i got the spreadsheet from: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33g3mn/relic_draw_item_drop_rates_provided_by/

The in game help is most likely incorrect. Also, the reason for the difference between Aerith's and the 4 character one is the 4 character one has 3 extra characters which means 3 more items with boosted rate.

Vlade, the 4* Light Staff is a mastery reward from one of the elite missions.

B.K.

Does the completion status of daily dungeons ever reset so you can get Mythril and other completion bonuses again?

Shahed

I've got that axe and Kain's a monster on FFV Elites with it. Destroys everything. I really want that Black Garb you pulled though. That or the 4* Red Jacket. Tifa is among my most powerful, but she badly needs some armour since she can't use Helms, Shields and Body Armour.

Does the completion status of daily dungeons ever reset so you can get Mythril and other completion bonuses again?
I hope so but I assume not and they'll just add another Tier above Hard. They kind of need to do that anyway since the Orb drops are pretty worthless now.

This is where i got the spreadsheet from: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33g3mn/relic_draw_item_drop_rates_provided_by/

The in game help is most likely incorrect. Also, the reason for the difference between Aerith's and the 4 character one is the 4 character one has 3 extra characters which means 3 more items with boosted rate.

Vlade, the 4* Light Staff is a mastery reward from one of the elite missions.

Interesting. Something to think about anyway. It's just weird that in the JP version they just straight up say that 5* rate is 10%, and that number never changes based on any events. So I wonder if NA has a different gacha algorithm.

Xetherion

Interesting. Something to think about anyway. It's just weird that in the JP version they just straight up say that 5* rate is 10%, and that number never changes based on any events. So I wonder if NA has a different gacha algorithm.

Keeping the 5* drop rate at a static 10% would push the drop rate of non rate up 5*s down a lot as more and more items are added to the pool. Assuming there's a minimum decimal place they can go to, it would eventually become impossible to even boost one item's rate any more and still keep the total chance under 10%. So I doubt the chance of pulling a 5* is static.

Unless they used a two roll system where it rolls to determine rarity first and then rolls again to determine specific item within that rarity. But it doesn't look like they did that.

Keeping the 5* drop rate at a static 10% would push the drop rate of non rate up 5*s down a lot as more and more items are added to the pool. Assuming there's a minimum decimal place they can go to, it would eventually become impossible to even boost one item's rate any more and still keep the total chance under 10%. So I doubt the chance of pulling a 5* is static.

Unless they used a two roll system where it rolls to determine rarity first and then rolls again to determine specific item within that rarity. But it doesn't look like they did that.

That's always what I assumed they did. It's much simpler to implement. But hard to say for sure I guess.

Edit: I also find it curious that each set of numbers adds up to more than 100. Not a lot more, mind you, but enough that the additional amount over 100 is greater than the smallest individual probability. probably just due to rounding error, but still worth noting.

Kapow

I'm starting to think I should just erase my data and start over. I've used up just about all the mithril I can obtain through normal means and I've gotten absolutely worthless pulls from the slots. I know you dont need 5* items to do well but i really want them and I think i'm just gonna start fresh. Shouldnt take long to get back where i am anyways

I'm starting to think I should just erase my data and start over. I've used up just about all the mithril I can obtain through normal means and I've gotten absolutely worthless pulls from the slots. I know you dont need 5* items to do well but i really want them and I think i'm just gonna start fresh. Shouldnt take long to get back where i am anyways

How many mythril have you used? Because I don't think your chances improve all that much by starting over. You can get over 100 mythril just from doing story dungeons. And I don't think you've done that much because if you'd done all 100, it really would take quite a while to get back to where you are.

You'd be stuck with pretty average characters though. No Cloud or Sephiroth tanks.

Shahadan

After whining in this thread I got a Buster sword.

So I will whine a bit more since the one I wanted was the guard staff. Boo. Whine whine whine. Whine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom