• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After whining in this thread I got a Buster sword.

So I will whine a bit more since the one I wanted was the guard staff. Boo. Whine whine whine. Whine.

Why would you want the Guard staff over Buster sword? I can't think of too many situations where i've needed to heal the entire party at a pinch.
Offense is the best defense in this game.

Kapow

How many mythril have you used? Because I don't think your chances improve all that much by starting over. You can get over 100 mythril just from doing story dungeons. And I don't think you've done that much because if you'd done all 100, it really would take quite a while to get back to where you are.

I've mastered all the classic dungeons and maybe 3/4 of the elites and i've spent every mithril on pulls and i'd say 80% of them have been staves and rods which to me are worthless since i only use 1 magic user in the party at a time. I've only been playing for less than 2 weeks so I can't imagine it would take long to get back to where i am.

Falk

that puzzling face
Check out the Guard Stick's MAG stat :)

CdzN8aRl.jpg

who cares

check out MY MAG stat

Kain

5* character weapons do make a difference. I had two 5* random FFXII daggers (they are exactly the same) in my damage dealers for a while and well, they were ok, but then I got Sephiroth AND Masamune. Holy hell, his new Soul Break works wonders, I even have one-shot a couple of elite bosses even though my team isn't the most leveled-up or anything.

Working on the new elite dungeons from FFIV now.

Vorpal

In case anyone is into number crunching as much as i am, i made a spreadsheet to help you compare gear

http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33ovpg/equipment_optimizer_v01/

The idea is that you can list all the items in your inventory along with their current upgrade level and a realm synergy you want to know about, and it will compute the final stats of each item, applying synergy bonuses where appropriate.

You can think of it as optimizing the process of equipping something, going into a dungeon, checking the stats with synergy bonus, then checking the stats of a different non synergy item and seeing which is better.

It does more than that though since it can compute stats at an arbitrary upgrade level so you can see how an item you just pulled might fare after it's been upgraded a few times, which might help you decide if it's worth keeping

This is really impressive. Thanks for putting it together. I also saw the in-progress GUI and it's looking awesome. Can't wait to see how it turns out

who cares

Showoff!

Shahed

I don't even have Sephiroth but no Cloud would suck for a while until he reappears. I'm sure i could substitute Josef in and still be fine though

I highly recommend against this. No Tifa, Sephiroth or the Cecils? All the Mythril and/or Stamina acquired from the Events will be lost. You'll have to spend ages re levelling and creating and honing all the abilities again. And sure you might not have had the best of luck with the relic pulls in terms of rarity. But that probably means you have a wide range of gear that could be useful for synergy now or down the line. In the end there are people who have cleared all Elites without a single relic pull. All that time and effort would be wasted needlessly.

This just sounds like a horrible idea every which way I can think about it.

It makes aeris quite a damage dealer.

I too wanted the Aerith's staff for the better magic and the AoE heal. But ever since I found Seal Evil quite useful, and I got a 5* weapon for a damage dealer

The amount of extra damage Rydia dishes out both with physical and magical attacks has made the game easy mode. Elite's have been very easy ever since. On top of that there's a free cast of Shiva. Yes I wanted Aerith's weapon and I still do. But the sheer output of damage is more important.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, I just realized the significance of all the core classes have FFIII RS synergy Soul Break gear (from Elite mastery rewards)

FFIII being the eponymous "switchable job class" game that became the basis of FFV, FFT (, Bravely Default) and many subsystems in later games.

Someone really thought this out.

Ashodin

You know, I just realized the significance of all the core classes have FFIII RS synergy Soul Break gear (from Elite mastery rewards)

FFIII being the eponymous "switchable job class" game that became the basis of FFV, FFT (, Bravely Default) and many subsystems in later games.

Someone really thought this out.

I'm mad they stuck FFV chars in specific jobs.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm mad they stuck FFV chars in specific jobs.

You could say that about half the games though.

Even FFX and FFXIII

edit: Okay, well yeah FFX initially had very clearly defined-by-lore classes until the International version with Expert sphere grid.

Ashodin

You could say that about half the games though.

Even FFX and FFXIII

edit: Okay, well yeah FFX initially had very clearly defined-by-lore classes until the International version with Expert sphere grid.

FFX is awesome, you can spec Yuna down several attack trees and have her hitting hard with her staff lol

Kapow

I highly recommend against this. No Tifa, Sephiroth or the Cecils? All the Mythril and/or Stamina acquired from the Events will be lost. You'll have to spend ages re levelling and creating and honing all the abilities again. And sure you might not have had the best of luck with the relic pulls in terms of rarity. But that probably means you have a wide range of gear that could be useful for synergy now or down the line. In the end there are people who have cleared all Elites without a single relic pull. All that time and effort would be wasted needlessly.

This just sounds like a horrible idea every which way I can think about it.

I dont have those 3 either lol. And like I said I understand that you can beat all the elites without relics as I have come pretty close to doing so. I just really want those cool relics and at this point its gonna take forever to save up for another 11 pull. But oh well im leaning towards just waiting it out now...

Shahed

I dont have those 3 either lol. And like I said I understand that you can beat all the elites without relics as I have come pretty close to doing so. I just really want those cool relics and at this point its gonna take forever to save up for another 11 pull. But oh well im leaning towards just waiting it out now...
Imagine starting again and still getting no 5* drops? It's like that person who spent $3000 going for the Healing Grimoire. You just have to cut your losses and move on. No point wasting more money (time and effort in your case) for no guarantee of better reward.

Getting very tired of today's daily... but I commited myself to only running it today and have been rewarded with all of my 5, 4, and most of my 3 star gear all maxed out now. Not sure if I want to finish off my 3*s or go back to elites for the rest of the night (I work overnights so I have quite a bit of time to still build stamina for them)

Getting very tired of today's daily... but I commited myself to only running it today and have been rewarded with all of my 5, 4, and most of my 3 star gear all maxed out now. Not sure if I want to finish off my 3*s or go back to elites for the rest of the night (I work overnights so I have quite a bit of time to still build stamina for them)

I was going to do it all day but I went a little overboard combining equipment and honing abilities the last few days and now I'm down to only 90k, so I feel totally broke. Have to wait until tomorrow.

I've also started coming to realize how uninformed my decisions have been about gear. It's really hard to figure out unambiguously whether a piece of gear can be safely sold or not (i.e. if, for every type of record synergy, and every party configuration you might use, if a given weapon would be worse than something else.

chrono01

This game would greatly benefit from a tabbed inventory. That was each type of gear, from each different realm, would have its own place/tab and you could better see whether it's something you should keep or not.

Shahed

And done. That took forever and cost me 300k but I finally upgraded and combined every piece of armour I have. I did most of the weapons earlier in the week so bar a bried run I shouldn't have any need to upgrade anyoat all until after the next update. Not unless I get luckly on the daily free pull that is.

Back to Elites then farm Aerith event again with my new and improved Stamina!

Vorpal

The longer I play, the more I want some sort of option to lock certain gear in my inventory. Or maybe a tweak where equipping an item removes it from your general "Inventory" tab.

For example, I know I won't sell, upgrade, or combine my maxed out Protect Vests/Bangles/Leather Gloves any time soon, and that I'll really only use them when I'm jumping into VII stages. It would be cool if I could just put them away somewhere so I don't always have to scroll past them or worry about accidentally selling them.

Falk

that puzzling face
Gotta admit. Blowing $3 for 236 stamina (3 refills) is a lot more tempting than blowing $3 for 147 stamina.

DeNA pls

edit: Or looking for it in an even more insidious manner, blowing $3 on a gacha pull then using the 5 Mythril you saved for 390stam, vs 245stam previously

The longer I play, the more I want some sort of option to lock certain gear in my inventory. Or maybe a tweak where equipping an item removes it from your general "Inventory" tab.

For example, I know I won't sell, upgrade, or combine my maxed out Protect Vests/Bangles/Leather Gloves any time soon, and that I'll really only use them when I'm jumping into VII stages. It would be cool if I could just put them away somewhere so I don't always have to scroll past them or worry about accidentally selling them.

FWIW Japan's paid cap for inventory just increased to 500. Inventory management stress increases exponentially (thanks abysmal scrolling) so I see it as only a matter of time till the UI gets an overhaul.

Saerk

Did my 11 x pull for 50 mithril. Pulled Kain's 5* Lance (IV), 4* Rune Axe (V), 4* Gladius (IX), 4* Crystal Shield (VI), 3* Bastard Sword (VI), 3* Obelisk Spear (XII), 3* Bronze Mace (XII), 3* Venom Claws (VI), 3* Diamond Mace [staff] (II), 3* Shuriken (III), 3* Gold Shield (V),

Happy about the weapons I got. Hoped for more 5*/4* stuff, but I can use most of these.

Shahed

Trying the Feymarch Elite without Reflect. Should be able to master it, hopefully.
I didn't bother with Reflect. Just decided to not auto battle and be efficient with my melee characters on mobs to keep my score up. Leviathan is also pretty easy.

elty

How hard is the boss in the elite version of FF IV Tower of Zot - Spire? The normal version counter thunder me for 600. Since this is a 2 stage painting I am afraid I will drop too much score in damage taken.

Roto13

I didn't bother with Reflect. Just decided to not auto battle and be efficient with my melee characters on mobs to keep my score up. Leviathan is also pretty easy.

Autobattle in the Feymarch is a bad idea anyway, since the Coerls will counter with blaster if you don't one-shot them.

How hard is the boss in the elite version of FF IV Tower of Zot - Spire? The normal version counter thunder me for 600. Since this is a 2 stage painting I am afraid I will drop too much score in damage taken.

I had no problem with her at all, but I didn't have any problem with her the first time, either, so I might just be higher leveled than you.

The plus side of it being a two stage painting is you can just jump in and give it a go without wasting too much stamina. :p

elty

The only "problem" I had is I 2 shot her by mistake so I thought she is weak, but her counter thunder is stronger than I thought for a otherwise weak boss. Just worry about my damage taken score.

DeviantBoi

Yay! I can finally handle the Hard daily dungeons! A couple more mythrils coming my way this week.

I also completed the Hard version of the event. I'm up to 50K crystals.

What's the best 4-star summoning I can get? Leviathan or the other one?

Falk

that puzzling face
Right now Syldra is a lot more useful due to the high number of lightning-weak mobs.

Also Leviathan is tied to a quest/reward later on in the release schedule.

Vorpal

Man, I love Comet. It consistently does like 5000+ to bosses. Just destroyed Ashura with it.

Man I've been tempted to craft Comet. Is your Rydia using it? What gear?

FWIW Japan's paid cap for inventory just increased to 500. Inventory management stress increases exponentially (thanks abysmal scrolling) so I see it as only a matter of time till the UI gets an overhaul.

Huh. Yeah, I hope so. Can't imagine dealing with the amount of gear JP has access to

Roto13

Man I've been tempted to craft Comet. Is your Rydia using it? What gear?

Right now she's using a Lilith Rod (for synergy) but normally she uses a Light Rod.

Comet is definitely worth crafting. It has served me very well for a while.

EDIT: Just mastered the Feymarch, meaning I've mastered all of the Elites in 1, 2, and 4. On to the two I'm missing in 5. (I actually tried and failed to master the Ship Graveyard once, but that was a while ago.)

So which summons are worth getting again? I have enough for Shiva and Syldra...

3 stars and higher are all good. Leviathon im assuming is as powerful as Syldra, but there's not a lot weak to water so his attacks won't do the extra weakness massive damage like Syldra can do to a lot of bosses.

Falk

that puzzling face
Right now she's using a Lilith Rod (for synergy) but normally she uses a Light Rod.

Comet is definitely worth crafting. It has served me very well for a while.

EDIT: Just mastered the Feymarch, meaning I've mastered all of the Elites in 1, 2, and 4. On to the two I'm missing in 5. (I actually tried and failed to master the Ship Graveyard once, but that was a while ago.)

Hopefully you see this in time but Magissa/Forza are still legit the hardest boss in the game right now.

Roto13

Hopefully you see this in time but Magissa/Forza are still legit the hardest boss in the game right now.

Ha, really? Fun. I'm two floors below them. I can't really be any more prepared for them than I already am. I don't have much Final Fantasy V equipment. (Several of my best pieces are from FF V, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom