• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
To be honest I would hate my life if I had pulled 7 Danjuro. I mean, first world problems and all, but damn. It's not a bad weapon, but it's kind of boring to just have 7 of the same thing.
My single 5* is a Danjuro and I've done almost all the elites and have played since day 1. I'd love 6 more.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahahah yeah. It's easy to CC them but there's really not enough ability charges to bring them down unless you've been honing out the wazoo. They both have easily over 30k HP each.

Retaliate/Double Cut shenanigans is a pretty good poor-man's solution if you have a good weapon for Sephiroth (or Cyan)

edit: Also saving all your magic for sleepy Forza, obviously.

Shahed

How long do the Breaks last for? I have all four now but with the default charges. Was wondering if I needed to reapply them mid fight

They're useful to hone simply as DPS abilities.

Oh I get that. I run with all 4 Breaks and would hone them further if I had the Orbs. They've completely replaced Charge and I onky use the one Double Cut now. What I mean is if I lower a bosses attack and defence, does it stay lowered for the rest of the fight or will I have to reapply it if the fight lasts long enough?

EGM92

I'm trying to do FF IV Elite Tower of Babil (Heights), Rubicante the boss is just destroying my team with his counter Fira. 3x of my party is lv50, others are in the high 40's. Is there any sure fire way to avoid the Fira counter?

Negator

I'm trying to do FF IV Elite Tower of Babil (Heights), Rubicante the boss is just destroying my team with his counter Fira. 3x of my party is lv50, others are in the high 40's. Is there any sure fire way to avoid the Fira counter?

Stop attacking when he hides behind the cloak.

Falk

that puzzling face
He seems buggy. One time, he'd just counter fira anyway right after uncloaking, and then a Magic Break hit him for 9999 (wtf?)

I'd suggest using Magic Break on him if you haven't. Having to heal half as much when you're getting AOE'd helps a lot. Also consider buffing the heck out of a single person then loading him with the most honed hard hitting abilities so you actually trigger counter less.

Shahed

And that's all the new Elites done! Now I just need to finish off South Figaro Cave and North Mountain. I thought this update would last a while longer! Helps that I was up to date this time around beforehand instead of starting with 2 days of the Shinra event left earlier.

Ashodin

Got my next five Mythril, pull...

YEAAH WE OFFICIAL BALLIN' NOW

21030001_05_112.png

Rektash

So, are there some magic settings for this or why is the performance of this game so dreadful on my Z2 ? It feels like, completly unplayable. Constantly lagging, scrolling is completly broken with the scrollbar just jumping around, parts of the screen not beeing rendered after tabbing out and the general framerate seemingly below 15fps?

elty

So, are there some magic settings for this or why is the performance of this game so dreadful on my Z2 ? It feels like, completly unplayable. Constantly lagging, scrolling is completly broken with the scrollbar just jumping around, parts of the screen not beeing rendered after tabbing out and the general framerate seemingly below 15fps?

That's because they use a webview to run the UI and has no GPU acceleration. Go to Developer option and force GPU rendering will make it more tolerable.

Road

So, Gravity works on Phantom Train. Is there any list of the new bosses where it works? (Probably not...)

So can I fuse my two Buster Sword to make a Buster Sword+?

Yes.

But unless you're already full of 5* swords for the other characters, it's better to have two Buster Swords.

Roto13

Hahahah yeah. It's easy to CC them but there's really not enough ability charges to bring them down unless you've been honing out the wazoo. They both have easily over 30k HP each.

Retaliate/Double Cut shenanigans is a pretty good poor-man's solution if you have a good weapon for Sephiroth (or Cyan)

edit: Also saving all your magic for sleepy Forza, obviously.

I used Sleep on Forza 6 times and he only actually fell asleep once. Bah. Saving that crap for last. I still have a lot of FF VI to do.

johnsmith

remember me
Has anybody pointed out that the sprites for characters already in SNES graphics are new?

At least the ones for IV characters are.

They changed them slightly to line up with the FF6 sprites, as that's what was used as the base. The FF6 sprites should be unchanged.

7HjR33X.png

Edit: nevermind, even the ff6 ones were changed? I can't find one that matches the exact one in the party screen.

coArAan.png

Wortany

Small question: The holy spell dia (white magic), is it still based on MND like Cure? Or is the damage output based on MAG because it's a damaging spell?

Roto13

Why do I get the feeling I made a mistake not saving Mt. Kolts for one of the last Elites I tackle?

EDIT: Yup. Another million wasted stamina. Should have known to just quit in the first round when I was missing everything and constantly getting critted. Vargas is way, way overpowered.

Why the frown? Getting a 5* in an 11-pull at all is pretty damn lucky (and a character-specific weapon at that). Sounds like you'll have a brutal Kain in your ranks

If you do the math there's something like a 36% chance to get a 5* character specific weapon from the 4 character banner right now if you do an 11-pull. All things considered, that's not that bad.

Am I one of the few that keeps Tyro in the party? I have a 4* bow I upgraded to 5* and he does decent back row attack as well as a good back up healer.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Am I one of the few that keeps Tyro in the party? I have a 4* bow I upgraded to 5* and he does decent back row attack as well as a good back up healer.
Even I've shifted him out into limbo; will probably only bring him back if there is a specific ability I need access when nobody else can sacrifice an ability slot.

^
So jealous :'(

Great thanks. That should give Aerith a decent attack spell then when equipped with a staff.

It's useful against the bosses who are weak against it, but in general use it's less powerful than a B.Mages spell or a Warriors weapon strike.
I used it for a little while and then went back to loading her with Cura and Curaga, much more useful for long haul dungeons imo.

Shahed

So just about to do my last Elite in North Mountain and I hear it's the hardest one. So use the Breaks against both, Seal Evil with Aerith and Sleep Forza and Magic him to death?

Vorpal

Alright alright I guess I got overexcited over that other guy who got like 3-4 5*.

Haha yeah, fair enough. I had the same reaction when I saw that post

If you do the math there's something like a 36% chance to get a 5* character specific weapon from the 4 character banner right now if you do an 11-pull. All things considered, that's not that bad.

For sure, the odds are definitely more favorable than they have been. It's still possible to haul in nothing but 3* gear during this event though, in which case the 36% chance for a 5* is kind of salt in the wound.

Einherjar

Does anyone with knowledge of the Japanese release know if there's a tier list of 5* items somewhere? Which double drop rate events should I be targeting?

Edit: Nevermind, couldn't resist and pulled Buster Sword and Blood Lance!

Hycran

Banned
So just about to do my last Elite in North Mountain and I hear it's the hardest one. So use the Breaks against both, Seal Evil with Aerith and Sleep Forza and Magic him to death?

Don't quote me on this, but I've noticed that magic attacks actually wake opponents up, which is not in keeping with the final fantasy mythos.

I've only got the last 2 dungeons in 4 and forza in 5. I've really enjoyed having Cecil in my party. Rampart isn't an amazing ability but it is a lot better than most peoples

Vorpal

Wortany, DIA is based on MND.

gZCt9Zyl.png

Workin' on dat EXP in hard Gil dungeon!

How's that going? I enjoy watching my main party steamroll things, but I also feel like I should be leveling up Summoner, White Mage, and Black Mage
for a top secret ultimate all-caster strike force

Ashodin

How's that going? I enjoy watching my main party steamroll things, but I also feel like I should be leveling up Summoner, White Mage, and Black Mage

Funnily enough, you equip them well, they stay alive even with shitty levels.

Falk

that puzzling face
Don't quote me on this, but I've noticed that magic attacks actually wake opponents up, which is not in keeping with the final fantasy mythos.

They don't. Debuffs tend to have much shorter duration on bosses though, outside breaks.

I had/have Knight/Ranger/WHM/BM with Sephiroth in there for more levels. It's hilarious. Savescum hell but if they survive a hit you don't even need to heal them because they'll level up and autoheal. Ditto spamming abilities because free recharges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom