• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Don't quote me on this, but I've noticed that magic attacks actually wake opponents up, which is not in keeping with the final fantasy mythos.

I've only got the last 2 dungeons in 4 and forza in 5. I've really enjoyed having Cecil in my party. Rampart isn't an amazing ability but it is a lot better than most peoples

Yeah just tried it and Forza didn't wake up when using magic

And that's all Elites done! North Mountain is definitely harder than the rest. Not just because of how powerful they are even with the Breaks, but how much HP they have. By the end Cloud, Kain, Sephiroth and Rydia were using standard attacks since I ran out of abilities bar Sleep. Only had 2 Cura's left. I didn't get Expert (too much damage and actions taken) but I Mastered it with all the other stages.

We should get a new Event or something on Tuesday night right? 01:00 UTC? I'll get some Exp tomorrow but I'm not sure what else to do. I was hoping at least the later Elites would drop 3* Orbs as standard but sadly not. I guess I'll just farm the Aerith event since there's not even that good gear from the new stages to farm a la Black Cowl as far as I'm aware.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah just tried it and Forza didn't wake up when using magic

And that's all Elites done! North Mountain is definitely harder than the rest. Not just because of how powerful they are even with the Breaks, but how much HP they have. By the end Cloud, Kain, Sephiroth and Rydia were using standard attacks since I ran out of abilities bar Sleep. Only had 2 Cura's left. I didn't get Expert (too much damage and actions taken) but I Mastered it with all the other stages.

We should get a new Event or something on Tuesday night right? 01:00 UTC? I'll get some Exp tomorrow but I'm not sure what else to do. I was hoping at least the later Elites would drop 3* Orbs as standard but sadly not. I guess I'll just farm the Aerith event since there's not even that good gear from the new stages to farm a la Black Cowl as far as I'm aware.

- Black Cowl appears to continue to be the only 3* drop (as far as I'm aware, could be wrong)

- Aerith event is still worth farming for Greater Orbs outside of Greater Wind, where barring your luck being in the absolute shitter is about 1.7-2x more stam-efficient going off Humbaba in Mobliz

- Forward-thinking long-term probably means starting to level the characters whose Record Materia you want but don't really actually want to use (Summoner/WHM/BM are no-brainers)

- Forward-thinking short-term means you could look at what paintings are lined up next and start preparing for them if your gear is lacking by farming and combining 2* drops if they exist

Shahed

How does the Record Materia even work? I mean yeah I wanna level those three you mentioned but would it not stick with them or can I apply it to other characters? It is something I do, but I'm im no rush. Same with the gear for the next paintings since that'll be some time yet considering it hasn't been a week since the last update. I've got my core group of Cloud at 49 then going down to Rydia, Tifa, Aerith, Sephiroth and Kain who's the lowest of them at 44.

So tomorrow i'm gonna try and get the other characters like both Cecils, Tidus and Wakka who are Lv 30ish to catch up a bit. Farming Aerith afterwards should get Cloud to 50 and the other 3 pretty close..I guess I'll do Core characters on Gil day and I'll figure something out for the rest.

Thanks!

Falk

that puzzling face
Future feature. You basically get a character to 50 and then fulfill a requirement (usually complete a stage with that character in party, etc) and it "break limit"s the character which a) allows them to level beyond 50 b) opens up their first materia slot c) awards you the character's first Record Materia. A second Record Materia can be obtained for each character (usually involves praying to RNGesus) and some of them are absurd. Summoner's for example restores 1 summon charge per stage.

Record Materia you have earned can be juggled around party members (who have the materia slot obviously)

Jarate

Banned
They changed them slightly to line up with the FF6 sprites, as that's what was used as the base. The FF6 sprites should be unchanged.

7HjR33X.png

Edit: nevermind, even the ff6 ones were changed? I can't find one that matches the exact one in the party screen.

coArAan.png

They basically standardized the sprites, FF6's Detail with FF4's "character stance"

if you notice, all the sprites are really well standardized. It's a shame that the team that works on these sprites arent the ones remaking FF5 and FF6 for mobile

Ashodin

Summoner's is baller and you want it on Rydia.

edit: I think Cecil got a little younger when they switched his sprite over.

Cob32

Been playing and pulling since this game got released never once got a 5 star item.

Same here except I have a non native 5 star via combining. Hopefully they don't serve up anything that can't be overcome with good planning and strategy in the future. I'd hate to have to give up due to bad relic rolls.

Shahed

Yeah that sounds crazy useful. Guess I'm gonna get as many people to 50 as I can, choosing the people with the best Record Materia first off course.

Shahadan

Future feature. You basically get a character to 50 and then fulfill a requirement (usually complete a stage with that character in party, etc) and it "break limit"s the character which a) allows them to level beyond 50 b) opens up their first materia slot c) awards you the character's first Record Materia. A second Record Materia can be obtained for each character (usually involves praying to RNGesus) and some of them are absurd. Summoner's for example restores 1 summon charge per stage.

Record Materia you have earned can be juggled around party members (who have the materia slot obviously)

Oh that's cool ! I was planning to level a bunch of my characters to lvl 50 anyway. Is that how you get to see enemy's hp? I saw that in a video and figured that was something we couldn't do yet.

B.K.

I really wish they would add a third, of even a fourth, ability slot to characters. Two abilities is too restrictive. You pretty much have to know what you need for the bosses before you start a stage. One or two more slots on each character would let you set up a more balanced party.

chrono01

I did my 50 Mythril/10-Pull, and got the only 5* weapon I didn't want [Wakka]. I know, a 5* is better than nothing, but I was hoping for Cloud/Rydia. :/

Oh well.

Negator

I did my 50 Mythril/10-Pull, and got the only 5* weapon I didn't want [Wakka]. I know, a 5* is better than nothing, but I was hoping for Cloud/Rydia. :/

Oh well.

But Wakka's ball is the best one! I'd trade my Blood Lance for the ball in a heartbeat.

Terra event hype!

Shahadan

Will there ever be something to get mithrils once you've completed all the dungeons? Relying only on new levels being added seems weird.

If at least the dailies gave you one or something that would be nice. Seems weird to get the mithril reward in those once and that's it forever

B.K.

Will there ever be something to get mithrils once you've completed all the dungeons? Relying only on new levels being added seems weird.

That's how they're going to get you to spend money on the game. If you want to do rare Relic draws, you'll eventually have to buy gems.

Shahadan

That's how they're going to get you to spend money on the game. If you want to do rare Relic draws, you'll eventually have to buy gems.

Meh. I understand they're doing it that way but it'll do the opposite to me. I'll probably never buy gems if it's the only way to do it. Not only it's expensive as shit but there's not even that high of a chance.

Negator

If at least the dailies gave you one or something that would be nice. Seems weird to get the mithril reward in those once and that's it forever

Events have been almost weekly and typically give 7-8 Mythril. Mythril every 5 days. I'd say that's a decent amount.

Well, Japan has had the game going on 8 months and there's games that haven't even really been scratched yet in terms of content.
I'm sure it will dry up eventually, but not anytime soon.

jwhit28

Are FFXI and XIV in the game? The battle system makes just as much sense here as XII and we already have a game with no character synergy in FFI.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wakka's is amazing for three reasons:

1) Back-row physical damage

2) Auto-debuff, freeing up slots from armor/mental break

3) It's the only FFX item in the game right now meaning you have a leg-up on FFX dungeons. IV 5*s are nice to have but we're rolling in farmable alternatives.

(VII items are kinda in the same boat although there's three 5*s and farmable leather gloves)

chrono01

Yeah if you get Wakka's ball, he becomes fucking amazing.

Wakka's is amazing for three reasons:

1) Back-row physical damage

2) Auto-debuff, freeing up slots from armor/mental break

3) It's the only FFX item in the game right now meaning you have a leg-up on FFX dungeons. IV 5*s are nice to have but we're rolling in farmable alternatives.

(VII items are kinda in the same boat although there's three 5*s and farmable leather gloves)
Very nice, thanks you two. It makes me feel better about my pull. :)

Vilifier

Neo Member
I have my mythril saved up for Terra event. I am making steady progress in this game, and have nearly completed all of the IV elite dungeons.

Vorpal

I was considering saving all of my mythril for an eventual relic event with one of my favorite characters, but I'm positive that sitting on 50+ mythril for a couple months would make me exponentially more frustrated when I inevitably pull 11 3* & 4* gear. Better just to try my luck without that much anticipation

Oh Past-Me, you're so naive. If only you knew that Terra was going to be introduced like four damn days later

Zee-Row

Banned
I can't believe this game finally gave me a break , I got Genji Armor , Rydia's Ice Whip , Kain's Blood Lance and the Official Ball. I just wish I could get the damn Buster Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom