• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
No
t1430096400z4.png

Use this: http://secondapps.com/countdown/

It was close enough

spent all day moving, just finding out that Terra is indeed tomorrow. Not sad about using most of my mythril since I had a chance at Rydia weapon even if I failed at those draws.

time to get ff6 hyped!

So what abilities can Terra do?

Any chance she can do B.Magic 4*? Like....Quake? Coz i've had my eye on that for ages now, but can't justify the orbs for something no one but crappy Tyro or B.Mage can use.

Ashodin

So what abilities can Terra do?

Any chance she can do B.Magic 4*? Like....Quake? Coz i've had my eye on that for ages now, but can't justify the orbs for something no one but crappy Tyro or B.Mage can use.

5* Black Magic, 3* White Magic, 4* Support

Event Objective

To complete all 10 levels of the River Lethe Dungeon.

Reward Highlights

You’ll get lots of random orbs, Mithril and Weapons while completing each stage. Complete the following to acquire special rewards.
Terra – Event Stage 7
3* Bracer (VI) – Event Stage 9
Greater Black Orbs drop here

Preparations

The recommended level to complete this event is Level 30 with 1500 minimum HP.

There are 2 sets of bosses that you will fight repeatedly throughout the stages. The first Boss is weak to lightning attacks.

You'll fight the main Boss (Ultros) 3 times throughout the dungeon. It gets more complicated each time you face the boss. It’s best that you have high damage PHYSICAL abilities.

Fire and Lightning can be useful. DO NOT EQUIP WATER.

Overall

Another snoozefest event. But dat Terra. Expect her weapon to go on Relic Pull.

This game really really really wants me to use Wakka with a Boomerang ++ in the FFVI realm, after I failed to get mastery against the two crane boss (forgot thunder, have no water besides wakka) the game gave me 3 boomerangs from doing that dungeon... okay game you win I'll use Wakka

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess technically you COULD go Quake with Terra and that solves most of the AOE requirements not to mention it has two charges. Still though :(

I guess technically you COULD go Quake with Terra and that solves most of the AOE requirements not to mention it has two charges. Still though :(

Does Quake have the usual FF problem of not hitting flying enemies in RK? Or is that issue a non factor here?

Ashodin

oh man, when the Celes event comes out we get

Falchion (VI) (☆ 3) × 2

I'll finally be able to five star the Falchion I have yesss

oh man, when the Celes event comes out we get

Falchion (VI) (☆ 3) × 2

I'll finally be able to five star the Falchion I have yesss

Ugh I already got two Falchion one from my first free pull and one from my 11 pull :/

What would be better two Falcion +s or one Falchion ++ and a regular Falchion

Ashodin

How's Terra's magic stat compared to Rydia?

Exactly the same.

Rydia: 2646 HP 63 ATK 52 DEF 120 MAG 102 RES 86 MND 118 SPD
Terra: 3350 HP 71 ATK 58 DEF 120 MAG 102 RES 78 MND 118 SPD

So Terra takes more hits, hits harder, but can't heal for as much. She's better than Rydia. No summons tho.

Fauve

Thanks, but one more question: can she use rods like Rydia for a magic boost (I forgot if she could even use them in FF6)?

Edit: Nice, thanks for that edit. It looks like she's slightly tankier too which is a good thing. Goodbye to Rydia I guess.

elty

Exactly the same.

Rydia: 2646 HP 63 ATK 52 DEF 120 MAG 102 RES 86 MND 118 SPD
Terra: 3350 HP 71 ATK 58 DEF 120 MAG 102 RES 78 MND 118 SPD

So Terra takes more hits, hits harder, but can't heal for as much. She's better than Rydia. No summons tho.

Terra will heal more because she can use 3* white magic.

reKon

Banned
Lol, I was thinking: what if I forgot to spend all my magicite?

The horrible UI makes it so hard to go ahead and choose what to spend it on

Lol, I was thinking: what if I forgot to spend all my magicite?

The horrible UI makes it so hard to go ahead and choose what to spend it on

I feel sorry for the poor guy who's been hording his magicite before he spends it and then like an hour before the event closes he starts spending it and discovers he's gotta buy 500 orbs using that broken system before the timer runs out. lol.

Aeriths event finishes Wednesday and I just remembered you have a few days after that to spend the magicite, so maybe they know how broken the purchase system is and thats why there's extra time.

Z3M0G

My buddy asked me to perform his 50 mythril pull for him since i have more luck, seeing how i have four 5* items from doing ~12-14 single mythril pulls.

He got four 4* and one 5*.

Im convinced you will get more 5* overall if you do single pulls.

Aeriths event finishes Wednesday and I just remembered you have a few days after that to spend the magicite, so maybe they know how broken the purchase system is and thats why there's extra time.
Ah! I had no idea about the extra days to spend the magicite. That's good to know.

Everytime I see your Baitoey avatar I end up getting Splash Out stuck in my head.

My buddy asked me to perform his 50 mythril pull for him since i have more luck, seeing how i have four 5* items from doing ~12-14 single mythril pulls.

He got four 4* and one 5*.

Im convinced you will get more 5* overall if you do single pulls.

You got lucky, you do not on average get a better rate of 5* by doing single pulls

Xetherion

We should get a new Event or something on Tuesday night right? 01:00 UTC? I'll get some Exp tomorrow but I'm not sure what else to do. I was hoping at least the later Elites would drop 3* Orbs as standard but sadly not. I guess I'll just farm the Aerith event since there's not even that good gear from the new stages to farm a la Black Cowl as far as I'm aware.

I've gotten 3* orbs from normal mobs in FFI, II, and X elites. Not all the time, but not that rarely either.

I've been working on my spreadsheet a little more.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28452354/Equipment Builder.xlsx

Can you guys try it and let me know what you think? It's pretty advanced now. You basically just list all the items in your inventory in the yellow boxes, tell it what stat you want to optimize for, and will print a table consisting of the top 3 items for every character and every realm. It then compares this table against the list of items you gave it, and computes a "score" for each item in the list representing roughly how "good" that item is relative to other items in your inventory, which lets you easily identify items that you can throw away. Basically, if the number in the "Count" column is low, you can probably sell or fuse away the item.

It works better the more stuff you give it, so it's best if you're comparing weapons, for example, to put every weapon in your inventory, and if you have multiple of something put the highest level you could theoretically combine up to as that will tell you if it's worth combining at all.

thedan001

Im convinced back row soul break 5* weapons that can do aoe damage gives the best bang for your buck

back row with full damage capability means less damage taken
...Rydia/Wakka with their 5* whip/ball owns so much

Terra's weapon is similar to Rydia's except it is a sword with aoe 9999 damage fira's, gotta be front row, yet can cast 5* black magic. So I'm gonna keep pulling the 4 character relic event even tho Terra comes out soon

PS, I got 3 judgment staffs and 3 Genji Armor from all the mythril I got clearing classic/elite dungeons, smh

Does blind ever wear off on its own? Cause it is probably safe to scrap this run and get blindna if it doesn't go away on its own =(

edit: Ending up beating it anyway somehow. 2 bosses in a row with only 1 guy who could damage with attack. I even somehow got master.

all status effects wear off if a fight lasts long enough, but it resets between fights and stages so most don't last long enough.

Terra came at the perfect time. Rydia just hit 50, so I need a new caster... I am starting to get a little disappointed at the lack of challenge overall. Most missions I don't even switch out spells anymore... and it's not like I'm decked in 5 star weapons or anything.

thedan001

I get so sad when characters I loved playing with, or grew to enjoy using ends up lv50

Means I gotta replace them so the exp keeps rolling in

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
all status effects wear off if a fight lasts long enough, but it resets between fights and stages so most don't last long enough.

Terra came at the perfect time. Rydia just hit 50, so I need a new caster... I am starting to get a little disappointed at the lack of challenge overall. Most missions I don't even switch out spells anymore... and it's not like I'm decked in 5 star weapons or anything.
Well some are challenging with zero 5 stars, so sucks for me.

The classic maps being a cake walk makes sense to me,

The new elites seemingly being easier then the old elites is kind if disappointing

I'd probably be more annoyed if the game didn't have the dumb stamina mechanic and/or a better way of telling difficulty then just an arbitrary number that is never consistent.

duckroll

I feel sorry for the poor guy who's been hording his magicite before he spends it and then like an hour before the event closes he starts spending it and discovers he's gotta buy 500 orbs using that broken system before the timer runs out. lol.

I haven't even been playing the event since I got Aerith, and I've still been putting off exchanging any of my leftover shards because the interface is such a pain in the ass. Really dreading having to eventually do it. Lol.

Roto13

At some point I decided to just buy all of the most expensive orbs I could carry because I wanted to use that menu as few times as possible.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm thinking Cloud will be my first level 50 though he still have 10 levels to go. I'm going to start grinding more so I can be maxed. I'm putting a lot more playtime into Treasure Cruise xD

It doesn't help I'm hoarding exp eggs Squall and Rinoa.

Edit: Ohhhh yay got a diamond helm drop from Garland!

Nohar

Just downloaded it. The game is quite easy right now, I can just auto-battle.

However, I don't know if it is because I play on my iPhone 4S, but the game is slow outside of combats. It's kinda laggy, making navigating between the menus a chore. Am I the only one with that problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom