• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Just downloaded it. The game is quite easy right now, I can just auto-battle.

However, I don't know if it is because I play on my iPhone 4S, but the game is slow outside of combats. It's kinda laggy, making navigating between the menus a chore. Am I the only one with that problem?

No, the game is a piece of shit codewise. The UI is terrible, both in terms of design and in the implementation. I dunno what you can do to improve it on an iPhone, but on Android turning on Forced GPU 2D Acceleration helps.

Nohar

No, the game is a piece of shit codewise. The UI is terrible, both in terms of design and in the implementation. I dunno what you can do to improve it on an iPhone, but on Android turning on Forced GPU 2D Acceleration helps.

Well, that's disappointing... I guess there is no point in hoping they will improve that? In any case, thank you very much for your answer.

On a side note, what level should my team be for "Normal" challenges in dungeons of the week and Aerith's special event?

EDIT: Oh God. Now two musics are playing at the same time.

high teens to 20's should be good for normal dungeons. You have plenty of time to get Aerith still.

Going to hit up a couple elites today before saving for terra tonight. Should be easy mode regardless. Think I'll pass on the xp daily this week.

Just downloaded it. The game is quite easy right now, I can just auto-battle.

However, I don't know if it is because I play on my iPhone 4S, but the game is slow outside of combats. It's kinda laggy, making navigating between the menus a chore. Am I the only one with that problem?
Works fine on my iPhone 6. Seems like the 4S just can't run it that well.

Nohar

Works fine on my iPhone 6. Seems like the 4S just can't run it that well.

Well, I guess the adventure stops here for me. While the battles are playable, it is really tedious to navigate the menus, and I'm not enjoying playing a laggy game :-/ I may give it a go again if I get a better smartphone.

Back to Puzzle and Dragons I guess.

Soon will have Cecil to Lvl 50. Aerith, Wakka and Kain in their early 40's so should see some nice gains from them from XP Day. B-Team no more! Now I have an A* Team and an A-Team.

Got loads of Elites still to do and a fair few orbs from the Aerith Event I need. But trying to balance the latter with the dailies depending on what they are.

Shahed

Summoner went from Lv1 - 16 in a one full run of exp daily. I through WHM in as well but she was already 25 so only got a couple. I'll probably 3 or 4 man the Terra event until the latter floors when Stamina hits 10. May as well give Cyan and/or Terra the extra exp

Nohar

Installed the Battery Doctor app and did some tweaking. The game runs better (most notably in combats), but the menus are still laggy. I'm flabbergasted that the game runs so badly overall.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/33wfb2/last_three_11_relic_pulls/

"Really love Rydia, one of my favourite FF girls of all time. With the event, I actually ended up spending money. Bought 2 pulls, one with 50 mythril. My first was bought, second mythril, third bought tonight. Really disappointed."

This third draw is just hilariously bad. Enough bad draws and you can combine some of the rods and staves at least, I guess. This makes me feel much better about my second free 10+1, got some useful 4*s out if it.

lyrick

My buddy asked me to perform his 50 mythril pull for him since i have more luck, seeing how i have four 5* items from doing ~12-14 single mythril pulls.

He got four 4* and one 5*.

Im convinced you will get more 5* overall if you do single pulls.

I've done nothing but single pulls (and only have unacquired 25 Mithril to gather from the left over elites) and have Zero 5* weapons and One 5* Regal Gown.

It's all just RNG

My haul so far (I think these were all pulls):
Regal Gown (VI) [5*]
Sword Breaker (VI) [4*]
Trident (XII) [4*]
Hammerhead (XII) [4*]
Giant's Axe (V) [4*]
Hypno Crown (V) [4*]
Black Garb (IV) [4*]
Red Jacket (VI) [4*]
Crystal Armor (V) [4*]
Diamond Armor (VI) [4*]
Bastard Sword (VI) [3*]
Halberd (XII) [3*]
Poison Rod (VI) [3*]
Wizard' Staff (XII) [3*]
Flame Staff (XII) [3*]
Diamond Shield (V) [3*]
Shell Shield (XII) [3*]
Viking Helm (III) [3*]
Viking Helm (III) [3*]
Golden Armor (VI) [3*]
Diamond Vest (VI) [3*]
Luminous Robe (V) [3*]
Luminous Robe (V) [3*]

~115 Mithril Spent: One 5*, Nine 4*, Thirteen 3* (9 Weapons : 14 Armors)

Shahed

That 50 Mythril I've had over the last few days has been glaring at me in order for me to use it all. I've been tempted so many times. I just need to hold out one more day

Had another look through the item drops. Mythril Dagger for FFIX seems like the only worthwhile one I can see. Used by pretty much everyone and the synergy will be good at 15/15. Who knows when we'll get FFIX content though

The game works fine on my iphone 5 as well, it certainly could run better but outside of Aerith's event for trading things in to Dr Mog its rarely an issue.

Golbez

Ever since I turned the game on last night I've had many of the information boxes appear much too small, starting with the one advertising the Lethe event. Has this happened to anyone else?

tb3nb8Zl.jpg

I'm on a Galaxy S4, and it worked fine before this. This is also causing the inventory scrolling to be worse than normal (yes, it can get worse), and the game now tends to freeze when I try to scroll the inventory down further to upgrade equipment.

Edit: Found the solution, it's here: http://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ose_having_that_tiny_window_issue_on_android/ In case anyone else has this issue.

I'm pretty happy with this. An ultimate weapon for a not doo doo VII or X character (thank the gods), some Genji Armor, a five star Red Jacket and a couple of things I can combine.

See you at the next fiddy.

fester

Banned
I'm pretty happy with this. An ultimate weapon for a not doo doo VII or X character (thank the gods), some Genji Armor, a five star Red Jacket and a couple of things I can combine.

See you at the next fiddy.

I just spent 50 mythril this morning and got absolutely nothing of value. Definitely won't be spending any money on this game if the RNG gods are this stingy during a four character "event."

Wazzy

Banned
I'm still saving my mythril for Gunblade. I'm at 79 and will probably have enough for two 11 pulls by then. If not, I'll spend at most $40 and if still not I will be :'(

TheContact

I just spent 50 mythril this morning and got absolutely nothing of value. Definitely won't be spending any money on this game if the RNG gods are this stingy during a four character "event."

This is basically how I feel. I have over 70 stamina so Ive used a ton of Mythril on draws and only have one 5 star ff12 dagger

duckroll

Lol. Anyone spending money on any gambling system expecting to win will generally be disappointed and feel they have wasted their money. The only sane ways to approach such systems is to either accept that you're paying money for the thrill of gambling and not caring about whether you actually get a winning outcome, or to pay what is essentially a tip to the developer for something you enjoy playing, and getting bonus tries at the gamble mechanic while you're at it to try your luck.

Road

I spent all my classic dungeons mythril from the release content immediately and never got a 5*. Then, I just decided to stop spending as I got them, only doing a single try for each event. No 5* either.

I have 85 mythrils (still need to finish the new elites) and I'll only try an 11 pull when and if there's a noticeable increased 5* rate event. I'm on the verge of using 10 some for inventory space, though.

I feel like abilities are more limiting than equipment so far. Maybe there will be harder content later that "demands" 5* items.

all status effects wear off if a fight lasts long enough, but it resets between fights and stages so most don't last long enough.

I think petrify and poison stay until you exit the dungeon.

Wazzy

Banned
Lol. Anyone spending money on any gambling system expecting to win will generally be disappointed and feel they have wasted their money. The only sane ways to approach such systems is to either accept that you're paying money for the thrill of gambling and not caring about whether you actually get a winning outcome, or to pay what is essentially a tip to the developer for something you enjoy playing, and getting bonus tries at the gamble mechanic while you're at it to try your luck.
I think most people realize this. It doesn't change wanting to complain when it doesn't go your way. :p

Though I feel like some Gatcha systems are a lot better than others. One Piece Treasure Cruise gave me lot's of valuable drops though I suppose that could also be tied to the fact the characters you use are the drops so it makes it feel like you gained more.

duckroll

Though I feel like some Gatcha systems are a lot better than others. One Piece Treasure Cruise gave me lot's of valuable drops though I suppose that could also be tied to the fact the characters you use are the drops so it makes it feel like you gained more.

Sure. I think it also depends on what sort of attachment a player has to the rolled objects in a game. If you roll for characters or cards, there's going to be an inherent feeling of extra value when you don't get a dupe even if it's not what you want or not super rare, because it feeds into the collection appeal. You're still getting either a character you can use and level up, or some sort of artwork which is unique.

One problem I have with Record Keeper is that the items are mostly trash. This isn't just about the rolls, but also drops while playing the game. 90% of the items are just total garbage and their usefulness in terms of gameplay is to either sell for money or fuse to level up equipment you actually want to use ASAP before your inventory clutters up to a level where it is even more unmanageable. The garbage UI doesn't help that at all. Lol.

When you roll for stuff which you know you're going to have to destroy anyway because they're useless to you and will only serve to make something else you already have stronger, it definitely sucks!

EGM92

I'm watching some videos of people playing FFRK JPN on their iOS devices. The UI is really different, is that something that's just part of the JPN version for now or is it exclusive to iOS devices in general?

Vorpal

I'm watching some videos of people playing FFRK JPN on their iOS devices. The UI is really different, is that something that's just part of the JPN version for now or is it exclusive to iOS devices in general?

There are entire features yet to be added in US FFRK that already exist in the JP version, so that might be why the UI looks different.

johnsmith

remember me
What makes record keeper even worse is that there are multiple trash drops of the same type. There's 3 different FF12 3* rods, staffs, swords, and spears. If they only had 1 per game, at least you could combine them into a half decent 5* weapon, instead, you're stuck with 3 trash weapons that you won't even use for months from now when we finally get the 12 content.

An easy fix would be to let you combine items of the same type and rarity, not just the exact same item. Or at least a crafting system so you could break down useless 3*s and eventually craft something decent.

Jarate

Banned
So I hit a little snag with the content and decided to just use the 30 mythril I had to just get the relic items

I got 6 3 star items

Yal have no room to complain about rng

So I hit a little snag with the content and decided to just use the 30 mythril I had to just get the relic items

I got 6 3 star items

Yal have no room to complain about rng

You just got it warmed up you're next pull will surely be something good! You know what you need to do!

GUzvBXs.png

mstevens

Yup. They won't get a penny from me if it stays like this. Unfortunately, there are people out there spending hundreds that make up for those of us that are protesting the bad drop rates.

Roto13

Do the two different banners in the Relic Draw use two different pools of items? As in, do I have to choose between a higher chance of one of those four weapons appearing, or a higher chance of Aerith's weapon appearing?

Was going to wait for Terra's weapon to be in but there's not much point if there's only a tiny chance that it will come up.

I know a lot of people are worried about running out of mythril, but I think in the long run we're much more likely to run out of stamina crystals
Do the two different banners in the Relic Draw use two different pools of items? As in, do I have to choose between a higher chance of one of those four weapons appearing, or a higher chance of Aerith's weapon appearing?

Was going to wait for Terra's weapon to be in but there's not much point if there's only a tiny chance that it will come up.

We have an unconfirmed(?) Spread sheet that says it matters.

Yup. They won't get a penny from me if it stays like this. Unfortunately, there are people out there spending hundreds that make up for those of us that are protesting the bad drop rates.
Let's be honest though... No matter what the drop rate people are going to be unhappy... I'm just glad that synergy more than makes all current content doable... Even kind of easy. I'd take this type of free to play game over ones that hold characters or progression hostage.

StMeph

You aren't the target for the IAPs anyway. This style of game overwhelmingly leans on whales to sustain its revenues, and they have no problem with that. The rates don't improve, and there are no sales.

Shahed

I know a lot of people are worried about running out of mythril, but I think in the long run we're much more likely to run out of stamina crystals

We have an unconfirmed(?) Spread sheet that says it matters.

I'm thinking after the next couple of updates When Stamina is 100+, i'd be okay spending a Mythril here and there to refill it

Depends really, if stamina costs per level don't raise to much yeah, but if overall I'm spending my entire stamina bar per painting at that point it's just as (in)efficient.

Oh yeah I agree with that. It just depends how they handle stamina costs going forward, but also what I'm doing at the time. No way I'd ever spend when doing a few runs here and there. But when I'm trying to complete a dungeon and I need to either wait 4-5 hours or spend 1 Mythril? I'll probably use the Mythril Mythril.

I'm thinking after the next couple of updates When Stamina is 100+, i'd be okay spending a Mythril here and there to refill it

Depends really, if stamina costs per level don't raise to much yeah, but if overall I'm spending my entire stamina bar per painting at that point it's just as (in)efficient.

The only character I really wanted was Paladin Cecil, but it seems I missed out. Will I ever be able to get that character again or should I just quit?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Unfortunately? Without the spenders, this game goes away.

fester

Banned
Unfortunately? Without the spenders, this game goes away.

But why? The game is fun enough and scratches a nostalgia itch that I'd gladly pay $10-20 for a full game that doesn't have all the bullshit gambling elements.

Perhaps to answer my own question, it's likely the people dropping hundreds of dollars on this outweigh the revenue they'd make from a one-time flat fee. Which if that happens to be true, mobile gaming is well and truly fucked.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Let's be honest though... No matter what the drop rate people are going to be unhappy... I'm just glad that synergy more than makes all current content doable... Even kind of easy. I'd take this type of free to play game over ones that hold characters or progression hostage.
It's not easy if you need specific items to beat a given set of stages. It seems like all you do is complain about the difficulty.

It's not easy if you need specific items to beat a given set of stages. It seems like all you do is complain about the difficulty.

I beat most of the original elites pre nerf, those were a challenge but doable when I had zero 5 star gear. None of these new elites even measure up to those and the only places that doesn't have any synergy gear are ff1 and ff10. All the rest of the portraits have gear you can farm.

There is a reason a lot of us farmed black cowels and mythril daily gear.

HawthorneKitty

I beat most of the original elites pre nerf, those were a challenge but doable when I had zero 5 star gear. None of these new elites even measure up to those and the only places that doesn't have any synergy gear are ff1 and ff10. All the rest of the portraits have gear you can farm.

There is a reason a lot of us farmed black cowels and mythril daily gear.
It doesn't measure up because you had time to get stronger and they released more tools to get the new things done. If they scaled the game to "us" that play the game religiously then it would not be fun for those that don't. If all the recent content was just getting harder and harder from lets say VI portraits, discouraging access to new-ish players to get excited about it, you have a flawed stream of release. Some people here have expressed difficulty, do you scoff at them or say oh you gotta farm this to beat them?

elty

Today is a good day, Cecil is bringing a team of winners (white mage, summoner, knight and red mage) to level up.

It doesn't measure up because you had time to get stronger and they released more tools to get the new things done. If they scaled the game to "us" that play the game religiously then it would not be fun for those that don't. If all the recent content was just getting harder and harder from lets say VI portraits, discouraging access to new-ish players to get excited about it, you have a flawed stream of release. Some people here have expressed difficulty, do you scoff at them or say oh you gotta farm this to beat them?

This is like starting WOW today and being upset that you can't pay level 100 content on day 1... You have to put in some time and indeed, the new normal content assumes you have. It's the new elite content that bucks that... There is zero reason why elite progression (which should be the "hardcore") should have been "reset" to low level.

HawthorneKitty

This is like starting WOW today and being upset that you can't pay level 100 content on day 1... You have to put in some time and indeed, the new normal content assumes you have. It's the new elite content that bucks that... There is zero reason why elite progression (which should be the "hardcore") should have been "reset" to low level.
How old is this game? While you were sitting around waiting for new content, new players continued to arrive. Some new content was easier and some was harder, I don't get how you can't understand that.

But the hard stages were nerfed just a bit too much, you just have to look at the FFVI world to see how the newer stages are actually classed lower than the old ones from last month. That's just silly.
The fact that Japan had the harder stages and the game has done just fine over there shows that the nerf wasn't that needed.

Shahed

I am happy about certain nerfs. The Aerith event in particular where the cost of items is less and we get more magicite on top. Any nerf that removes tedius and monotonous grinding is awesome in my book. Keep the core skill/execution difficulty high by all means in order to maintain a challenge. But repetitive farming? The less the better

Negator

But the hard stages were nerfed just a bit too much, you just have to look at the FFVI world to see how the newer stages are actually classed lower than the old ones from last month. That's just silly.
The fact that Japan had the harder stages and the game has done just fine over there shows that the nerf wasn't that needed.

Uh, Japan's stages had the same difficulty that we do. If anything, our version is just reaching parity.

What our game launched with was unreasonably difficult. We would have had to hone our abilities to like 4/5 to even stand a chance, and I'm not so sure we would have stood a chance even with that.

Road

I was leveling up Black and White mage today for their record materia, but I think I'll level up Josef instead:

record materia i - sap status, attack +19% and damaged taken -8%
record materia II - normal attack is double attack (2x.65 = 1.3 damage)

Japan didn't have harder stages. The elites bosses HP was doubled for the western version, then they backtracked and lowered them back to the same as the Japanese version (except for Magissa & Forza, possibly a mistake).

It is weird however that new elite dungeons start at a lower level, because the classic ones keeps just progressing from the previous content. It is the same in Japan, though.

Edit: on the bright side, the new content being easy to those who started playing a month ago means we get to rotate between the characters and not waste xp.

Edit2: I fucking hate wyrm.

I've been working on my spreadsheet a little more.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28452354/Equipment Builder.xlsx

Can you guys try it and let me know what you think?

I think the game rounds up the result of the synergy calculation (e.g. Dagger (IX) result is 73.33 but the game shows 74: http://gamepost.s3-website-ap-north...bb26bc9123aeb11e6b4d7160990beb3ef69cc482778ab)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom